Lynch All Lurkers Mafia! GAME OVER

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by image »

12 alive, if two lynches go through today we'll have 10 left at night, so assuming that we started with 6 scum (which seems about right for this size game) we're now rapidly approaching LYLO.

Looking at the DGB lynch, rofl's case on her was pretty weak. She was suspicious, yes, but probably not worth lynching had she not asked for it. Especially after DGB flipping town, I feel quite wary of roflcopter.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1627261#1627261]roflcopter wrote:[/url]mafiassk has claimed a post restriction

and i don't believe him

changed my mind, he can die next
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1628801#1628801]roflcopter wrote:[/url]also, outside chance that ssk is scum faking his post restriction. i think its more likely he's town, and either got a real post restriction (in this game? don't make me laugh) or is a complete and total tool faking a pr as town. either way, not really foreseeing him living past day three unless my list is spot on and the scum just get knocked down like dominoes.
Unexplained complete reversal of opinion. Nice.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1629417#1629417]roflcopter wrote:[/url]lynch before mcqueso hits 72 hours go go
More pressuring to speed lynch based on lurker threats. Not good town play to try to lynch someone who is mildly scummy to prevent
your scumbuddy
someone else from looking very scummy.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1630523#1630523]roflcopter wrote:[/url]i think empking is town. this read needs additional data. if either you (dgb) or xtoxm flips scum i become more certain of it. this is based on the random ass miniwagon on emp you two put together that looked suspiciously like an attempted diversion from the zwet wagon.
"Additional data" meaning more than none? What is your opinion of Empking now?
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1631935#1631935]roflcopter wrote:[/url]can i just get everyone to understand that when i say
"you are scum because of x, y and z reasons"

and xtoxm, or dgb, or poptajo respond with
"no but you suck at mafia so you are wrong"

it is an ad hom just as much as
"no but you are a flaming homosexual and therefore you are wrong"
or any other character-based reason to dismiss my argument would be?
Upon review, your cases against tajo and DGB were fairly weak. However, you kept continuously hammering at them without supplying any new reasoning; most of your posts were along the lines of "Well you're scum so I don't care what you say." Most of your actual arguments were based on things that happened in the first 12 pages and ignoring what they said in response.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1631947#1631947]roflcopter wrote:[/url]you ignore the point that no scum in their right mind is about to kill you when you make a juicy mislynch target if you are town.
As you would know.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1632801#1632801]roflcopter wrote:[/url]eeeeeh. now i'm pretty sure malyss is town, but there really isn't any good reason for me to think this,
except for my role PM. I just want to sound like you're I believe you're town without actually trying to stop your wagon so that I look better when you flip town.
something about her post just seemed awfully sincere.

xyl's case is perfectly sound, but the problem is perfectly sound cases can be made by talented scum against townies who misstep. and its not the case itself that is bugging me about xyl, its his absolute refusal to interact with anything else EXCEPT the malyss wagon. he refuses to take a stance on xtoxm, for example. that is hella scummy.

also, malyss, i for one will not forget your wagon, but i'm sorry to say your wagon itself will not be what helps me catch the scum on it - i've already pinpointed dgb and xtoxm, and i've been zeroed in on x in particular since zwet flipped scum.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1635394#1635394]roflcopter wrote:[/url]i think antihero is town, so i'd prefer giving him a chance to post after night. malyss is completely non interactive after multiple chances to step it up, and the amount i'll buy the novice/this game is too fast defense only goes so far.

unvote, vote: malyss
"I don't want this wagon shifting off of Malyss and by lynching now I might be able to hit a town power role before she can claim! Even though I just finished lauding her as being town, I'm going to hammer anyway instead of getting one of the people I claim to think is scum lynched."
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1651268#1651268]roflcopter wrote:[/url]
Xylthixlm wrote:I want to lynch Tajo just to spite dgb, but I think I'll control myself.
i want to lynch tajo just because dgb was wrong. are you going to refuse to do so because you don't bus?

vote: tajo
"Now let's go right back to trying to lynch tajo despite everything that has happened since the zwet lynch."

Roflcopter: I name you scum and call for your lynch.
Vote: Roflcopter
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i like how after i named image as scum yesterday, he's suddenly gung ho for my lynch

i also like how he's using the fact that i drove the dgb wagon against me even though he readily joined it when i requested it of him.

we can lynch image today too. that would be a good day.

image - please explain in detail how my case against dgb was "weak"
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

FoS image
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by image »

@rofl: I did not vote DGB because you requested it of me. I voted her because
she
was requesting votes.

As for your case on DGB:
Your main point was that she was working against your lynch of tajo. The amount of confidence in his townieness she showed was questionable, but certainly not lynch-worthy.

Further, you accuse her of ignoring the wagon on zwet on D1. She got on it fairly early, left when something else looked scummy to her, and then returned. It is not a terribly scummy thing to not have tunnelvision.

You also point out that she is "trying to discredit you", when you haven't really made any clear case against her, preferring comments like "DING DING DING DGB IS SCUM WEE OO WEE OO RAISE THE ALARM".

"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Yosarian2, can you replace me?

I've only got time to check in and post once every 1-2 days, and while I thought the three day shot-clock would be supportive of that, the game has moved along at a much faster pace that I can't keep up with.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Xylthixlm wrote:FoS image
Lol
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

^^^ this guy is a much better lynch seriously. We all agree he needs to die at some point so

Vote: MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

ortolan wrote:^^^ this guy is a much better lynch seriously. We all agree he needs to die at some point so

Vote: MafiaSSK
Scummy logic.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by image »

^^^To be fair, you have contributed very little comment. Who do you think is scum? Why?
--The Doctor
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

image wrote:^^^To be fair, you have contributed very little comment. Who do you think is scum? Why?
Xyl. His current aggressive style.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:38 pm

Post by Empking »

MafiaSSK wrote:
image wrote:^^^To be fair, you have contributed very little comment. Who do you think is scum? Why?
Xyl. His current aggressive style.
Isn't that his meta?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:
i also like how he's using the fact that i drove the dgb wagon against me even though he readily joined it when i requested it of him.
Image: Was it the that Rofl drove it or theway he drove it that was scummy.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:54 am

Post by image »

Empking wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Image: Was it the that Rofl drove it or theway he drove it that was scummy.
Mostly the way the wagon was driven. He was pushing it again and again with no added points against DGB, asserting the whole while that he was confident she was scum, despite the fact that his case was far from making it a certainty, as we now know.

The way he drove the DGB wagon is not the only point I have against him, though. What I find at least as scummy is how he has repeatedly tried to use the threat of people lurking to push people onto wagons without thinking. Here's another time he did it, that I forgot to post last time...
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1629303#1629303]roflcopter wrote:[/url]LYNCH TAJO BEFORE MCQUESO HITS 72 HOURS. I KNOW THERE ARE ENOUGH ACTIVE PEOPLE IN THIS GAME TO DO IT.

unless there is a doctor in this game, or the scum are afraid of a doctor, i am going to die tonight. please don't be so god damn frustrating with my last 24 hours in this thread messing around with a sub optimal ssk lynch.
And with an appeal to emotion, too!
--The Doctor
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I would just like to mention that the mason team in this game has to be the most useless in history.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Day 3, Block 1, Votecount 1 wrote:1populartajo: roflcopter
1roflcopter: image

10 Not Voting: Xylthixlm, ortolan, Empking, elvis_knits, populartajo. q21, Antihero, BrianMcQueso, MafiaSSK, Stephoscope
12 alive; 7 to lynch.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:51 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Stephoscope wrote:I would just like to mention that the mason team in this game has to be the most useless in history.
QFT
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My internet was fucked yesterday and I'm giving a party tonight. I may not have time to give real thoughts until tomorrow, but I thought I'd post so nobody thought I was eaten by sea monkeys.

Also, I don't think rofl is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 am

Post by populartajo »

Got no result again. If anyone cares, I tracked Xyl.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 am

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:I want to lynch Tajo just to spite dgb, but I think I'll control myself.
roflcopter wrote:
i want to lynch tajo just because dgb was wrong. are you going to refuse to do so because you don't bus?

vote: tajo
These guys are freaking amazing.

Ill evaluate the wagons later. I have a flu and Im not too happy about it.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

populartajo wrote:Got no result again. If anyone cares, I tracked Xyl.
Does no result = no target?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 am

Post by q21 »

Mod: here is me officially asking to be replaced.

I've missed the last twp lynches due to RL and I don't want to screw up the game for anyone. I asked to be replaced over night, but the rules say I have to ask in thread... so here it is.

Really sorry guys.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

um

We must be getting close to the lurker threshold
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by roflcopter »

somebody less lazy than me can do a count
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Post by Empking »

Image: Third scummiest player?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Post by ortolan »

we're gonna need to policy lynch Mastin soon unless he posts

everyone else has posted today

I agree with rofl that image's case against him is blatantly opportunistic
image (1493) wrote:That being said I don't think the case against her is as strong as rofl is playing it up to be.
DGB wrote:As I've said earlier, I long stopped caring about my win condition and just want to prove them wrong, and hope the town loses. I'm sure that sentence is worth 1.5 votes on average. But I just don't care. I'm fighting really hard against the urge to self-vote at this point, and that sentence is probably worth another 1 vote, firm.
However, this post is in and of itself a pretty compelling argument.
Vote: DGB
This looks like classic scum trying (badly) to look better out of a mislynch. It's got the classic ingredient of expressing hesitance about a town wagon before the fact with no good reason.

It's extra scummy this time because he actually votes her for her own words subsequently. How can a case "not be as strong as rofl is playing it up to be" yet still be worthy of your vote?

I had a look at back and 1457 and 1465 are also very scummy.

1465 is more casting aspersions on people post-wagon. 1457 is complete WIFOM over the scum's choice of night-kill.

Unvote
Vote: image

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”