charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 am

Post by charter »

Cartman: Thank you, Mrs. Garrison. My speech is entitled "Ginger Kids: Children with red hair, light skin, and freckles." We've all seen them - on the playground, at the store, walking on the streets - they creep us out and make us feel sick to our stomachs. I'm talking of course about... ginger kids. Aww sick! Gross! Ginger kids are born with a disease which causes very light skin, red hair, and freckles. Aw, nasty! Yuck! This disease is called Gingervitus, and it occurs because ginger kids have no souls.
Kyle: What?!
Cartman: Kids who have gingervitus cannot be cured. Ah sick! Gross! Yeck! Because their skin is so light, ginger kids must avoid the sun. Not unlike... vampires.
Class: Aaaah.
Kyle: That's not true, fatass! I have red hair, and I don't have to avoid the sun!
Cartman: I was getting to that, if you will let me. Some people have red hair, but not light skin and freckles. These people are called "daywalkers."
Butters: Ho! Daywalkers!
Kyle: This is all a bunch of crap!
Cartman: Mrs. Garrison, I'm really havin' a difficult time with all these interruptions...
Mrs. Garrison: Kyle, let Eric give his presentation.
Kyle: It's not a presentation, it's a hate speech! People aren't creeped out by gingers!
Clyde: I am.
Mrs. Garrison: Kyle, if you wanna debate Eric, you can do so with your paper tomorrow!
Kyle: Fine, I will!
Cartman: Fine! In the meantime, shut your Goddamned daywalker mouth! Let's see, where was I? Oh yes! Like vampires, the ginger gene is a curse, and unless we work to rid the earth of that curse, the gingers could envelop our lives in blackness for all time. It is time that we all admit to ourselves that gingers are vile and disgusting. In conclusion, I will leave you with this: if you think that the ginger problem is not a serious one, think again.

Vote Count

ZazieR - 2 (Wall-E, mykonian)
Empking - 2 (Spolium, ZazieR)
Spolium - 1 (Empking)

Not Voting (2)

caf19
Debonair Danny DiPietro

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is May 4th at midnight EST.

Happy Birthday Danny!
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Spolium »

TIMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Spolium wrote:If you have something to contribute to the case, kindly support it and cite examples of what you mean instead of complaining about how nobody had a problem with him going after you.
Should've already been clear, but the similarities are apparent. Both times Empking isolated on a single player and pushed them as scum, both times Empking's "logic" was non-existant. In this case it's more obvious that he's just pushing a lynch, but in my own case after discussion it appeared there was a consensus that the point Empking was pushing my lynch on what was possibly useful supporting evidence at best and a complete null argument more that likely.
Yes, that's how it seemed at the time.

It's all well and good to compare a case where he's drawn a significant amount of attention with your own, but Empking isn't the sort of player who the town can realistically spend their time scrutinising for scummy play - the reactions of other players to him hold more potential value.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Look, as far as I'm concerned you were both grey areas, but in terms of playstyle Empking is close to unreadable - I'm not the only one who has been guilty of giving him a wide berth on this basis. On the other hand, your tone is - by your own admission - stilted/awkward, and you overthink everything you do then post it. These factors grabbed my attention a lot more.
I can understand why I drew your and other people's attention, but that doesn't excuse neglecting the anti-town behavior of another player. Neither does claiming "other people did it too".
I think you misunderstand me. My point is that it is a common response to Empking's play, so criticism of myself or even at the town at large for not immediately recognising your plight is pointless. It does become more relevant in light of his recent escapades, however.

I'm intrigued by the roleclaim and I think it requires more consideration, but my vote stays where it is for now.

Zazier needs to get in here and start answering things - I see some interesting points floating around. I haven't had much time to absorb them as I've been busy today, but I'll try and have a closer look before I go V/LA for the weekend.

Myklonian, the deadline is close - please summarise your point as clearly as you can.

Tim-Timminy Tim-Timminy Tim-Tim Tarooo
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:46 am

Post by mykonian »

Spolium wrote:I think he meant Zaz.
you are right. I found it with zaz, and I messed up. Zazie and Caf got switched in my mind.

OK, that makes that scum-caf-idea is gone for the moment. Doesn't make it that Empking is any more likely to be antitown.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by caf19 »

caf19 wrote:
mykonian wrote:So, assuming Empking is not an idiot, he blocked caf. And that means it is unlikely he is scum. (would scum block caf?)
Is there a reason in particular why scum wouldn't block me?
Did you answer this, mykonian?
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by mykonian »

no, caf, it is something I'm avoiding on the moment. But it seems you can't find out on your own, so here we go: If Empking was scum blocker, he would have blocked Dejkha.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by Spolium »

Timmaeeeeehhhhh RAAAH
mykonian wrote:If Empking was scum blocker, he would have blocked Dejkha.
Oh really? That's extremely interesting, considering:
Zazier wrote:I've got info that Dejkha didn't use his night action, and that he was probably killed by the scum.
Zaz, I want to know more about this. Go.

TRAAAAAGH TIMMMMYYYY
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by mykonian »

spolium, yes, that was where my mind connected the wrong things.

but really, would it make sense to block dejkha, and kill him? He would be dead anyway.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Spolium »

myklonian wrote:but really, would it make sense to block dejkha, and kill him? He would be dead anyway.
Timmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagrhgr

Sure, they could've just let dej use his ability and not bothered with a NK, but there would be two problems with this:

1. There was no guaruntee that dej would actually use his ability so they'd risk being a kill behind.
2. The lack of NK would've raised questions and possibly turned the town away from going after dej.

Now, if dej had been blocked and survived to D2 (and someone else was killed), he would most likely have been lynched despite claiming to have been roleblocked. His flip would then prove that he WAS roleblocked, proving that mafia had a roleblocker, thus giving the town more information. It's therefore quite possible that the scum killed dej in order to make it look like he had used his ability, ensure that there was a kill and hide the fact that they had a roleblocker.

This brings an interesting point to mind. Back in D1 I asked dej if the use of his ability would be indicated in the death scene flavour, and he didn't know. We can therefore reasonably assume that scum knew they could roleblock/kill dej without the town being any the wiser. I'm kicking myself a bit for potentially handing scum this information, but I don't think I'd even have considered the above otherwise.

This information could be useful, and it does lend some credibility to Zaz's earlier comments.

Opinions?

Jibbaraaaa, JIMMEH. Tim, Timmeh? JIM, TIMMY!
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 am

Post by Spolium »

TIMAAAAAAAAAAH

Zaz, I see you've been posting on the forums this morning. Your input would be most appreciated.

Tim? dsbfiuwhfojwef TIMMAH
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 am

Post by mykonian »

she is posting now. but not yet here.

(bump)
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Spolium »

MOD: As of this point, I will be V/LA until Sunday evening.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Empking »

Zaz: Do you remember us?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:46 am

Post by mykonian »

mod: please prod zazie for us
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:38 am

Post by Wall-E »

Posting to post. Nothing to add. Zazie come back.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:37 am

Post by charter »

ZazieR has been prodded.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 am

Post by ZazieR »

mhmm?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:51 am

Post by ZazieR »

Post 580 is WIFOM.
Myko wrote:you and your possible partner are seriously fishing.
Fishing means that you vote somebody in order to look for powerroles. A good example is this:
Wall-E wrote:Unvote: Vote: ZazieR

Zazie's next on my chopping block.
So why no mention of this, Myko?

Also, I had a very good reason for voting Empking:
Zaz wrote:Power roles don't know why they can perform their action, and making sweet-loving towards children?! How can anyone believe this claim?
^^This is also answers post 587. A quick summary why my vote: LAL.
Wall-E wrote:Zazie: You make the occasional grammatical error while posting hastily. It's barely noticable, and your meaning is still clear, so no worries.
HUH??
Myko wrote:no, caf, it is something I'm avoiding on the moment. But it seems you can't find out on your own, so here we go: If Empking was scum blocker, he would have blocked Dejkha.
Surprisingly, I have information that Dejkha didn't use his night action. Perhaps because he was roleblocked?
Spolium wrote:Zaz, I want to know more about this. Go.
Like?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

mod
: why was I actually prodded when I've posted on thursday?
Ignore the ''R''
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:31 am

Post by mykonian »

Zazie, we were waiting for you :)
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:32 am

Post by mykonian »

ZazieR wrote:So even if he has made love to children, he's like bad.
But like I already said, power roles don't have flavour why they have that power.
ok, this was what I was against. Or you claim a pr here, or you are waiting for reactions.

And we would like to know where you got your information about dejkha from, that way ensuring a good lynch.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:54 am

Post by ZazieR »

Myko wrote:Or you claim a pr here
Myko wrote:And we would like to know where you got your information about dejkha from, that way ensuring a good lynch.

Myko wrote:vote zazie (L-2)

you and your possible partner are seriously fishing.
*cough*Fishing*cough*

I'll tell IF majority wants me to.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Wall-E »

I don't want you to claim anything you feel you shouldn't. Stop trying to make us play for you! The comment about grammar was supposed to be directed at myconian. My vote for you is NOT rolefishing. If you read the posts I've made you'll see the reason for my vote.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Empking »

ZazieR wrote:
Zaz wrote:Power roles don't know why they can perform their action, and making sweet-loving towards children?! How can anyone believe this claim?
The power roles in this game do.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:53 am

Post by mykonian »

ZazieR wrote:
Myko wrote:Or you claim a pr here
Myko wrote:And we would like to know where you got your information about dejkha from, that way ensuring a good lynch.

Myko wrote:vote zazie (L-2)

you and your possible partner are seriously fishing.
*cough*Fishing*cough*

I'll tell IF majority wants me to.
yes, this is completely fishing, and in the most obvious way. Nice omgus BTW. You claimed to know something, crumbed that a bit. So now we know that you know, but don't know what you know. It is a bit annoying.

Let's see how many want to know.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 am

Post by caf19 »

My opinion: I'm not convinced by Emp's claim in isolation. That he would have blocked me is somewhat unlikely, and his explanation (that I looked more town D2 than D1) is not backed up by his previous posts. When he was asked about his opinion of me, he didn't mention it all and just mentioned in a general sense that I looked town. There isn't really anything in his posts to make me believe him.

mykonian's opinion makes me pause for thought though, I hadn't really considered that. If dej was roleblocked as Zazie implies, however, it means that either

a) Emp is a town RB, and there is a separate scum RB who blocked Dej. (and then he got killed anyway)
b) Emp is lying scum.

While a) is possible, it seems a lot less likely than b). Emp is a good lynch today. He's probably better than Zazie as a lynch anyway - if Zazie is scum lying about her info, we can catch her in the lie tomorrow.

Vote Empking
L-1.

No need for Zazie to fullclaim for now.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”