Nomic II - Moratorium Wins!!!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Juls »

For your convienance, a link to the proposal list is now in my signature.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Nomic
Nomic
Watcher
Nomic
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by Nomic »

dizardin wrote:
hey Mod
: How bout a ruling on majority if P41 passes? If X cannot vote, does X still count for majority? I'd prefer that X still counts, but cannot vote, so it's simply a mechanism to gag someone temporarily. If it reduces majority (X doesn't count), then it's seriously powerful - possibly even Silver or Gold rule powerful. Just sayin.
There is no stipulation that says they do not count toward the vote count during this time so they will continue to count toward the majority.

dizardin wrote:P45: This one infringes on SR1. It's gonna need a 2/3 majority,
right, Mod?
I had not thought about this. I think I will allow it though. Because the rule says that every 2 neutral votes reduces the votes needed to pass/fail by 1 it is essentially the same as saying whichever side gets to the "new majority" wins all the neutral votes and the majority is still maintained. The rule just allows people to make their intentions clear (that they don't care if it passes or not but don't want to hold it up).
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Juls »

P48 and P49 have been proposed and added to the proposal list (link in my signature).

Note: I don't think this warrants a rule but I will not be prodding people unless requested.
Juls
dizardin
dizardin
Townie
dizardin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:28 am

Post by dizardin »

Nomic wrote:
right, Mod?
I had not thought about this. I think I will allow it though. Because the rule says that every 2 neutral votes reduces the votes needed to pass/fail by 1 it is essentially the same as saying whichever side gets to the "new majority" wins all the neutral votes and the majority is still maintained. The rule just allows people to make their intentions clear (that they don't care if it passes or not but don't want to hold it up).
SR1 wrote: SR1. A proposed rule must reach a 50% + 1 vote majority of yay votes before it is added to the rule set. Every player has exactly one yay or nay vote. It is assumed that the person who proposes the rule has submitted a yay vote for the rule.
SR1 say explicitly:
1) 50% +1 majority of Yay votes. P45 modifies that to something else.
2) Yay or Nay votes - no Neutral vote granted. Can I vote 'Fish'? How is it counted?

Your call, Mod, but this looks like a 2/3 majority change to SR1 to me.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:37 am

Post by Juls »

dizardin wrote:
Nomic wrote:
right, Mod?
SR1 wrote: SR1. A proposed rule must reach a 50% + 1 vote majority of yay votes before it is added to the rule set. Every player has exactly one yay or nay vote. It is assumed that the person who proposes the rule has submitted a yay vote for the rule.
SR1 say explicitly:
1) 50% +1 majority of Yay votes. P45 modifies that to something else.
2) Yay or Nay votes - no Neutral vote granted. Can I vote 'Fish'? How is it counted?

Your call, Mod, but this looks like a 2/3 majority change to SR1 to me.
It's intent does not violate the rule. I will allow it.
Juls
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:42 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

/out

I don't like the game anymore.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I'm been trying to make rules that help people like me who don't enjoy the corporte or money idea and they got shot down.
Still don't get the name of the corporation or how the money system works.

I don't get Mort's joke either. :(
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Empking »

Yay to those I am currently voting on.
Nay to those I am not currently voting on.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

P48 and 49 are nay!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Juls »

@farside: regarding the corporations. At this point, corporations do nothing. You just own a company, you are the only employee, and you do nothing. So the only thing your corporation needs at this point is a name.

Those who have not, please send me a name for your company/corporation via PM to the nomic account.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Juls »

The following rules have passed and are now rules of the game.

What this means to you:
Re: P11 - You may now create commodities via rule proposals. Commodities can be anything really: dogs, cats, coal, iron, pizza, donuts, software, intelligence, etc. To propose a rule such as this you would submit a proposal such as "This rule upon passage introduces coal as a commodity." Though it doesn't need to have this syntax. If that rule passes then you are the owner of that commodity and players must buy it from you at the price you choose. What those commodities do or are used for has not been determined yet and must be determined by another rule.

Re: P14 - You may send a message to the nomic account stating you want to purchase a term deposit for X$$$. You must have X or more $$$ in your account to make a term deposit. What a term deposit does is allow you to collect interest on your money. You must tell me also how long your deposit is for (between 1 and 4 weeks). That means you will not be able to use that money for that period of time and when that period is over I will return to you your deposit + interest for usage.

Re:P41 - Pretty straight forward, ask if you have any questions.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Author
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P11
[col]
Moratorium
[col]
Corporations -> Sell! Sell! Sell!
: Henceforth, a new game object is created, the “Commodity”. Corporations will have the ability to sell commodities to other players in exchange for currency. A commodity is an object which must be put forth via proposal and made into rule to exist. More than one commodity may come into being based on the agreement of a particular rule. The Player who proposed a particular commodity immediately becomes sole rights holder to the sale of said commodity, and may choose his sale price by PM to the mod, who will henceforth update the OP with prices on various commodities. Commodities may and should grant special rules or abilities to the player entity that has purchased the item. Commodities may be purchased by posting the following bolded syntax in thread:

Purchase <amount> <commodity name> from <Corporation>

Example:

Purchase 10 Widgets from Awesome Inc.

The mod will maintain an inventory on the OP showing what items and how many of each a Corporation currently owns to be available for use.
[col]
(9)animorpherv1, Moratorium, Drench, Empking, xelada, Rhinox, dizardin, Perpetuum, chenhsi
[col]
(5)Crazy, Lowell, farside22, popsofctown, skitzer
[col]
May 4, 2009 8:25p.m. CDT
P14
[col]
Moratorium
[col]
Bank -> We accept all deposits!
: Henceforth, a new game object is created, the “Term deposit”. Corporations may privately transfer funds by PM to the FBN, in order to purchase a particular term deposit. This is an agreement between the Corporation and the FBN whereas the money transferred will be held by the FBN, with no right to withdrawal, for a period determined by the deposit purchased. The FBN will then make a transfer back to the purchasing Corporation on a date to be determined by the deposit purchased, with interest accrued. Purchases must include a transfer of funds, as well as the following command, as specified in the table below:

Code: Select all

Command   Term Length  Bank payout
Purchase 1 week term deposit  1 week term  Deposit + 20% interest
Purchase 2 week term deposit  2 weeks term Deposit + 50% interest
Purchase 3 week term deposit 3 weeks term Deposit + 100% interest
Purchase 4 week term deposit  4 weeks term Deposit + 200% interest

There is no limit on the capital which can be invested into term deposits. Bank repayments are posted in thread by the mod.
[col]
(9)animorpherv1, Moratorium, Drench, Empking, Rhinox, skitzer, dizardin, Perpetuum, chenhsi
[col]
(4)Crazy, Lowell, farside22, popsofctown
[col]
P41
[col]
Lowell
[col]
CENSURE
- at any time and for any reason, a player can be censured. This act prevents them from posting in the thread, drafting rules, or voting on rules for a period of 96 hours. To achieve censure, a majority of the players (>50%) must vote for censure in the following manner. To begin a motion to censure another player, a player posts the following in thread:
MOTION TO CENSURE {player name}

To support the motion of censure, other players must post
vote to CENSURE {player name}

It is not permitted to retract a vote to censure. However, each motion has a time limit of 72 hours. If majority is not reached by then, the motion fails. ANY PLAYER may take the liberty of counting the votes, and when majority is reached, may post this in the thread:
MOTION TO CENSURE {player X} passes
. The 96 hour censure period begins from the time of that post.
[col]
(9)animorpherv1, Moratorium, Crazy, Empking, Lowell, farside22, skitzer, Perpetuum, chenhsi
[col]
(2)Rhinox, dizardin
[col]
May 6, 2009 4:23p.m. CDT
Juls
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Votes (and a lot of hammers):

P7: Yea
P8: Yea
P9: Nay
P11: Yea
P12: Nay
P14: Nay
P19: Yea
P21: Nay (would probably contradict P7, which permits re-starts)
P22: Yea
P23: Yea
P28: Nay
P29: --no vote yet-- this one confuses me.
P30: Nay
P31: Yea... reluctantly
P32: Nay- unnecessary
P33: Yea
P34: Yea
P35: Nay
P37: --no vote yet--
P38: Nay to the RPG twist-in
P39: Yea
P40: Nay- back of the line, bub!
P41: Nay
P43: Nay
P44: Nay. Waffles FTW.
P45: Yea
P46: Nay
P47: Nay. Want simplicity? Just opt out.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:36 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Apologies, last post was started last night, and didn't see the update. Ignore all already-hammered propositions. :(
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Lowell »

God this game has gotten insane. At least the mechanism for shutting people up passed.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Juls »

P50-P53 have been proposed (link in signature).
Juls
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Lowell »

yes on 53
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:24 am

Post by farside22 »

P50 and p51 No
P 52 and P53 Yes
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

yes on all Coporation proposals from past and future

Please be more specific and I won't let you vote on future rules because I guarantee I will forget.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Empking »

I think it might be better if we all say what commodities we want to produce and what they do and then after we agree on that we can get somebody to propose all of them in the same proposal.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Juls »

P54 has been proposed. Also, the following rules have passed and are now rules of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Author
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P7
[col]
Moratorium
[col]
Corporations -> Life and Death
: Henceforth, Corporations may be dissolved for various reasons. If a Corporation is dissolved, the corresponding player’s balance is set to 0
$$$
. All debts, loans, deposits, or other balances associated to that player entity are also null and void. All assets owned by said Corporation are null and void, and removed from the game. Player entities whose Corporations are dissolved may start a new Corporation. A new name must immediately be chosen upon incorporation. Players who start a new Corporation beyond May 15th, 2009 may not profit from any act for a period of three (3) days upon incorporation.
[col]
(9)animorpherv1, Moratorium, Crazy, Drench, Empking, dizardin, Perpetuum, chenhsi, yabbaguy
[col]
(6)xelada, Rhinox, Lowell, farside22, popsofctown, skitzer
[col]
P8
[col]
Moratorium
[col]
Corporations -> Violations of Corporate Standards
: Henceforth, the following list of violation penalties, known as the “Violations of Corporate Standards”, exists.

Grade 1 offense -> 100
$$$
fine
Grade 2 offense -> 300
$$$
fine, Player may not submit proposals for 1 week.
Grade 3 offense -> 500
$$$
fine, Player may not submit proposals for 2 weeks.
Grade 4 offense -> 1000
$$$
fine, Player may not submit proposals for 1 month.
Grade 5 offense -> Corporation is dissolved.

All fines are paid to the corporation infringed by the violation, in the same manner as a transfer. If the violation did not infringe a specific corporation, the fine is simply a deduction from the offending corporation’s balance entry. If a Corporation is unable to pay the fine, the Corporation is dissolved.
[col]
(9)animorpherv1, Moratorium, Drench, Empking, Rhinox, dizardin, Perpetuum, chenhsi, yabbaguy
[col]
(6)Crazy, xelada, Lowell, farside22, popsofctown, skitzer
[col]
P39
[col]
Lowell
[col]
"Players may only be added to the game by a majority (50%+1) of the current players. To join the game a potential newcomer must find a ""sponsor"" who will speak on her/his behalf in the thread. If a non-player posts in the thread, they will be ineligible to join the game (or have their candidacy considered) for two weeks."
[col]
(9)Moratorium, Crazy, Empking, Rhinox, Lowell, farside22, Perpetuum, chenhsi, yabbaguy
[col]
(2)skitzer, dizardin
[col]
May 6, 2009 3:53p.m. CDT
Juls
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by skitzer »

Yay on P48
Nay on P49
Nay on P50
Nay on P51
Yay on P52
Yay on P53
Nay on P54
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Crazy »

I'm /out, just too hard to keep up with.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by chenhsi »

if someone wants to join, ill be their sponsor.
I lost the game.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Juls »

P40 has failed.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Author
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P40
[col]
popsofctown
[col]
Everyone's favorite grandfather, ol' pops
: Effective as soon as this rule comes into play: popsofctown's NomicBucks are evenly distributed amongst all the players that voted Yay on this rule. Parts of hundredths of NomicBucks divided this way simply vanish into thin air.
Then, popsofctown is declared a winner of the game. This clause may in no way directly effect whether any other player wins or loses.
Then, popsofctown is removed from the game. This means he may no longer vote on propositions or propose them, his win/loss status may not change, he is no longer affected by any of the rules of Nomic, and no longer is listed on any up to date leaderboards or other player-by player statistics.
This rule overrules any rules forbidding the removal of a player or defining popsofctown's win condition.
[col]
(3)Empking, Lowell, popsofctown
[col]
(8)Moratorium, Rhinox, farside22, skitzer, dizardin, Perpetuum, chenhsi, yabbaguy
[col]
May 6, 2009 4:20p.m. CDT
Juls
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by chenhsi »