roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

tajo:
roflcopter wrote:@tajo - why are you so stubbornly opposing the presentation of evidence against dgb? you seem to be a player who favors the use of meta in most situations, such as being able to "read" dgb and her being able to "read" you based on playstyle. why is it that now that xyl has brought in evidence showing how her play here is very much the same as it was in the most recent game where she was cornered early as scum you are demanding further meta proof?
roflcopter wrote:tajo, do you agree or disagree that the example of dgb's scumplay in minvitational ten echoes her play in this game?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:43 am

Post by populartajo »

I agree that her play here echoes her play in that game. It would be silly to deny this.

The point is that this conflicts with my read of her and my opinions of her that I explained in my previous posts where I dont see any clear benefit of doing what she did as scum.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

i've just demonstrated the benefit of her doing what she did even if you are town, so you continuing to use the fact that she tried to save your bacon as a reason to keep her in your obvtown bracket in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary, evidence that you even admit is valid, is either you being willfully thickheaded or you being scum with dgb.

you already know that if dgb is lynched as scum you will follow her in very short order, so its not like you busing her is going to do you any good. i understand your position here perfectly, i'm just making sure that you repeating over and over again that dgb wouldn't do what she did as scum doesn't influence anyone else's opinion, since you're scum with her.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

updated scumteam: dgb, poptajo, image, (brian mcq)

parenthesis indicate probable members if there were more than four scum to begin with.
soi soi soi

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 am

Post by image »

roflcopter wrote:image, if you're still here, post 1464 needs your attention, and the dgb wagon needs you to stop ignoring it altogether.
Am here; doing a reread of DGB right now.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:well since nobody but you can know for certain that you are not in fact scum, your argument that she is town because you are town falls very flat

your lynch was far from guaranteed when she stepped up to offer herself instead of you. now if she ever dies as scum, you are virtually guaranteed to be lynched shortly thereafter. if she's scum and you are town, this is a very big benefit to what she did.
the only benefit I see here is that if she's scum and Im town.
How the hell have you proven this benefit you are talking about and at the same time accuse me and her of being scum together?
You are not making any sense, rolf.
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

tajo, i firmly believe that you and she are scum together, but on the off chance that you two are not both scum, i am trying to make you see reason and admit the possibility that she could in fact be scum after doing what she did. the fact that you continue to refuse to do so is only cementing my opinion that you're both scum.
soi soi soi

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:tajo, i firmly believe that you and she are scum together, but on the off chance that you two are not both scum, i am trying to make you see reason and admit the possibility that she could in fact be scum after doing what she did. the fact that you continue to refuse to do so is only cementing my opinion that you're both scum.
No, see, this is where you are wrong.

I say that I see no benefits in doing what she did as scum. This contradicts the meta information Xyl has brought to the table but Ive clearly explained why I feel that DGBscum wouldnt have done what she did to prevent an easy milsynch like mine. You say that you indeed see these benefits and even worse, that you have proven them. But the only thing you have proven is that she would get this "benefit" if she were scum and I were town, which at the same time I dont find it that awesome becuase she attracted unnecessary attention to herself.

But then why I am scum with her?
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

when she flips scum, i doubt i'll even have to explain to anyone why you are scum with her, so i'm not going to waste my breath now. you and she have put yourselves in the untenable position of being forced to mindlessly support one another, and now you're going to pay the price for it.
soi soi soi

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Quick post to avoid accusations of lurking. Busy day right now; I'll have more later.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Tajo: looking at roflcopter right now should give you a very good idea of why dgb would act that way if she's scum and you're town. She expects to be lynched and she may be setting you up to follow her.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:16 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:when she flips scum, i doubt i'll even have to explain to anyone why you are scum with her, so i'm not going to waste my breath now. you and she have put yourselves in the untenable position of being forced to mindlessly support one another, and now you're going to pay the price for it.
So now you've entered the deaf and "omg, everybody but me is wrong" mode. Good to know.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 am

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:Tajo: looking at roflcopter right now should give you a very good idea of why dgb would act that way if she's scum and you're town. She expects to be lynched and she may be setting you up to follow her.
Mmm, I think this is a most possible explanation for the dgbscum supporters. But even there, do you really think that she as scum would first prevent a lynch of a scummy player like me to after gather the attention she is getting right now? What was the necessiity of post setting me up when I was going to be lynched?

But this is my problem with rolf. Why assume that we are both scum?

And, plz answer my previous post. kthx.
Call me Tajo.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Will answer prev post when I get to a computer rather than an iPhone.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

tajo is right, I didn't say anything about not needing to rush to lynch Malyss. My bad. I swear I wrote a post to that effect, but I guess it got edited down.

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 am

Post by image »

Worth noting that replacing only pauses the lurk timer, it does not reset it.
Mod: Does requesting replacement reset the lurk timer?
If not, Mastin is approaching 72 hours...

Almost done rereading through DGB.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

The more important question is "does lurk time carry over from a person to their replacement?"

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

For the life of me I will never understand tajo and DGB actively connecting themselves at the hip.

Or the /feelings that DGB has been showing.

DUE TO THIS & THE MYSTICAL TIMER

Vote: DGB

I hope you realize Tajo if DGB comes up scum you might as well just vote for yourself.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 am

Post by image »

@rofl: I'm not backing it up with a vote because I don't think it is scummy enough to deserve a vote. I do think it is worth noting, however.

Upon rereading DGB, I notice that around ISO 75 she first brings up the idea that rofl was scum leading a wagon on zwet to look town, and says it is "a small probability". This grew over time through her posts to become a certainty, despite no real change in rofl's play.

Her certainty of tajo as town strikes me as unusual; it seems she is breadcrumbing mason at first, but then later vanilla hard-claims after Steph & MafiaSSK claim mason.

That being said I don't think the case against her is as strong as rofl is playing it up to be.
DGB wrote:As I've said earlier, I long stopped caring about my win condition and just want to prove them wrong, and hope the town loses. I'm sure that sentence is worth 1.5 votes on average. But I just don't care. I'm fighting really hard against the urge to self-vote at this point, and that sentence is probably worth another 1 vote, firm.
However, this post is in and of itself a pretty compelling argument.
Vote: DGB
Xylthixlm wrote:tajo is right, I didn't say anything about not needing to rush to lynch Malyss. My bad. I swear I wrote a post to that effect, but I guess it got edited down.
I think there is quite a difference between getting "edited down" and "STOP! HAMMER TIME!"
--The Doctor
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Are you rushing to lynch me before I make that case against Xyl?

You can meta me. I'm sorry. That's all lynching me will prove.

I don't mind dying if it keeps the scum from lynching tajo.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am

How many votes am I at?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

"STOP! HAMMER TIME!" was because I am inherently bloodthirsty, not because of the Antihero timer. :D

DGB, how about starting by posting whatever of your case you have ASAP, and then you can expand it later? That way no one will get confused and think you're just trying to stall your lynch.

You do
have
a case, right? This isn't one of those "I don't have a case yet, give me some time so I can find one" things?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 am

roflcopter wrote:in this thread xyl demonstrates how meta can be used effectively
EPIC FAIL

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am ready to vote dgb (again), but if she has something to say about Xyl I am all for it on the chance that she's town (which I doubt).

Nuttshell: She definitely is playing like in the minvitational. However, she is scummy without any meta reasons. Her play has been generally manipulative, from her appeals to emotion, to her buddying to tajo (if he's town) and Xtoxm, and how she is calling for me to be more aggressive and attack roflcopter and if I don't, I must be scum. She first tried to convince us that bunny sux at scum hunting, and when that didn't work, she called him scum. Also, let's not forget that she pushed the Malyss lynch, who was clearly an easy target.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 am

VOTECOUNT

2 ortolan (q21, elvis_knits)
5 DrippingGoofball (
Xylthixlm-scum, roflcopter-scum
, Empking (a policy vote), SPyrex, image,
ortolan-scum
)
+ 1
MafiaSSK-scum
(a future policy vote against me))
= 6

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”