Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Kast »

Hmm. I'm not sure if DGB actually claimed any of her picks, but since I passed them to her, I know that the second and third are not Rats.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kast wrote:However, charter's speculation strikes at the heart of one of my outstanding questions to you; why did you choose to CLAIM your night 1 action? Nobody was pressing you to claim whether you used a plague (or anything else for that matter). I'd like to hear a reason for why you thought it would help the town to make that unprompted claim.

Charter has proposed a reason why Kinetic as scum would want to make that claim (hides your real night actions, sets up to "prove" that you did not plague any players other than CTD on Night 1).
Because I did... I noticed it, I even went so far as to double check that he was my target because I was surprised.

I initially made CTD a conditional target and intended to go back, look over the thread, and maybe change it, but stuff came up and since I disappeared it was taken as my target.

Plus I already said previously I would claim my target after they died, I didn't expect them to die from something that wasn't my plague though. On Day 3 my target would have been asked for and if I said CTD then I'd have these questions (and maybe more) coming then.

Figured I'd just get it out of the way and we'd move on, I honestly didn't think it would be this big of a deal.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

It's a big deal because CTD was a very pro-town feeling player. I see no town motivation behind plaguing him.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Kast »

@Kinetic-
To be clear, your reason for
USING
the plague on Night 1 is that you felt scum would be immune to plague on any future night?

To be clear, your reason for using the plague on
CTD
is that you felt the Budja lynch must have at least one scum, and you felt CTD was the most likely scum out of the seven players on the wagon.

Also to be clear, your reason for
CLAIMING
your night action is that you were afraid that people would be suspicious if you claimed on Day 3.

Is all of that correct?
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Kast »

I initially made CTD a conditional target and intended to go back, look over the thread, and maybe change it, but stuff came up and since I disappeared it was taken as my target.
Wait...I don't think I follow this part exactly.

Does this mean you told PJ to use your Plague card against CTD unless you told him otherwise (and then you were gone so you never told him otherwise)?

If that is a correct understanding of what you posted, at what point in time did you decide on CTD as your target?

What made you decide on him as a target?
Show

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Kast wrote:@Kinetic-
To be clear, your reason for
USING
the plague on Night 1 is that you felt scum would be immune to plague on any future night?

To be clear, your reason for using the plague on
CTD
is that you felt the Budja lynch must have at least one scum, and you felt CTD was the most likely scum out of the seven players on the wagon.

Also to be clear, your reason for
CLAIMING
your night action is that you were afraid that people would be suspicious if you claimed on Day 3.

Is all of that correct?
That is part of the reason but not the only one. There were other motivations as well, such as I said I was going to use it Night 1. If someone was to kill me holding onto it would be useless. Pretty much all the reasons I gave night 1...

On two, yes, based on my limited knowledge I felt that CTD could be the scum and he was my best guess.

Three, not exactly the only reason. My primary reason was I said I would and I thought it was interesting that he was killed which I have mentioned before. That reason was more something I thought after the fact when I said "If people are getting this bent out of shape today, just imagine what they would think if I'd claimed tomorrow".
Kast wrote:
Wait...I don't think I follow this part exactly.

Does this mean you told PJ to use your Plague card against CTD unless you told him otherwise (and then you were gone so you never told him otherwise)?

If that is a correct understanding of what you posted, at what point in time did you decide on CTD as your target?

What made you decide on him as a target?
Yes.

The day closed, I knew I needed to send in a target with a card or one would be randomized, I took about 5-10 minutes to pick a target on the first day of the night with the intent to come back and maybe switch it.

And how many times do I have to answer that question?

I've said my peace, at this point I'm done. I've answered 20 different times as honestly as I can, but now you're asking the same questions over and over. If you have anything else to ask I'll try to answer it but I'm not answering the same question I've already answered again.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:18 am

Post by Rishi »

Wow. A lot of reading. You guys really need to post less often. I've said this before in this thread, but if you want to people who are less active to post more, you all have to post less. Counterintuitive, I know.

A couple things left over from yesterday and from today. I don't understand why people are going after DGB. I'm sure a lot of you have played with her before, and her aggressive style isn't anything unusual. Plus, I find it really hard to believe she would have defended Budja so vehemently, even towards the end of the day if she knew he was going to flip scum. Maybe that's WIFOM.

Here's a point against zwet that no one has really brought up. The reason I felt like I had to drop the hammer is that zwet disappeared the day of the deadline. He generally posts at least 5-6 times a day, and had not posted at all in the 36 hours or so before deadline. In fact, I don't think he ever really gave an opinion on Budja on Day 1. This seems like a good way to avoid hammering your scumbuddy.

Vote: zwet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vote: zwet
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:40 am

Post by ortolan »

I will post some other stuff later, but DGB:

on a scale of 1-100%, how sure are you that I am scum? be totally honest. 100% means it is metaphysically impossible for me not to be scum, in your view.

If you now think zwet is more scummy than I (as would be implied by your vote), please also answer this question for zwet.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

ortolan wrote:I will post some other stuff later, but DGB:

on a scale of 1-100%, how sure are you that I am scum? be totally honest. 100% means it is metaphysically impossible for me not to be scum, in your view.
Despite your uber scummy actions, there was something in your tone that sounded town. Though I reckon Budja had me completely fooled, tone-wise. So maybe I should not let players pull at my heartstrings, it's not that trustworthy.
ortolan wrote:If you now think zwet is more scummy than I (as would be implied by your vote), please also answer this question for zwet.
His cards are scummy. He will plague townies. He is lurking hard by zwet standards.

I don't know.

Now that you ask me the question, I think you're scummier than zwet, still.

And Kinetic doesn't smell right, either.

So sorry, no, I can't put numbers and I could change my mind.

There are 3 players I'd be willing to lynch.

Yeah I might go back to voting you later today. I have to think this through but I'm seeing a RL client most of the day.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:53 am

Post by ortolan »

So, basically, you're leaving the door open to lynch either me or zwet, and when/"if" we flip town, lynch the other. Then Kinetic will probably become obv-scum and what'd'ya know you just endgamed.

It's very, very transparent I'm afraid.

I am still more than happy to be lynched today if DGB is lynched the next day if I flip town. Does anyone have any objections to this plan?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:53 am

Post by charter »

FOS Rishi. Entirely ignored giving an opinion on ortolan.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:56 am

Post by ortolan »

ortolan wrote:I am still more than happy to be lynched today if DGB is lynched the next day if I flip town. Does anyone have any objections to this plan?
charter. please comment.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 am

Post by charter »

Well, last time I followed your "listen to me and kill me if I'm wrong plan" and I vigged you and it didn't work out very well. I would rather determine who is scum without having to lynch townies first. Why cant you try and get DGB lynched without dying first? No one is going to listen to the last thoughts of a dying townie, it never happens, so I would prefer not lynching you if you are town.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 am

Post by ortolan »

Well, last time I followed your "listen to me and kill me if I'm wrong plan"
This is not the same thing and it's not like I had a choice in that game, anyway. Your response is noted, though.
Why cant you try and get DGB lynched without dying first?
Duh. Who do you think I'm voting for?

I don't think you ever explained why I became so obv-scum as soon as today began. When I re-read, at a certain point you were
very
sure of Budja's alignment yesterday. How come you didn't make the connection that I was scum even then?

Another question: If I were lynched today and flipped town, would you think DGB was likely to be scum? If not, who else?

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:12 am

Post by charter »

You are obvscum because the entire day yesterday, you always said you were suspicious of Budja, but your vote was always on someone else, and you were always pushing a case on someone else. Then at the very end of the day, you switched to Budja. True your actions could have come from town, but it looks very very bad for you.
ort wrote:How come you didn't make the connection that I was scum even then?
Because obviously I wasn't sure. I said you were 100% scum today, but I'm not even voting you anymore. Not 100% sure either..
ort wrote:Another question: If I were lynched today and flipped town, would you think DGB was likely to be scum? If not, who else?
Honestly, I would think Kinetic is scum because of his cards and card usage. It would mean one of the scum has a rat card. DGB could be scum, but I'm not going to blindly lynch her because we lynched you and you were town.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 am

Post by ortolan »

charter (888) wrote:Well, last time I followed your "listen to me and kill me if I'm wrong plan" and I vigged you and it didn't work out very well. I would rather determine who is scum without having to lynch townies first. Why cant you try and get DGB lynched without dying first? No one is going to listen to the last thoughts of a dying townie, it never happens, so I would prefer not lynching you if you are town.
Actually, I'm gonna need clarification on this too. Do you think I am scum, or misguided townie. You have never suggested anything but the former this game. So it is odd that you would just out of the blue say you don't trust my (and CTD's) read on DGB, even if I am town.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 am

Post by charter »

At the beginning of the day, I thought you were scum, now I'm not sure.

It's not that I don't trust dead townies read's, but I don't agree with blindly listening to them. It's possible they are wrong. I would rather be able to follow what they say and be able to agree with it, and then vote. I don't really know what the case against DGB is though, other than trying furiously to get someone but Budja lynched yesterday.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 am

Post by ortolan »

But that is the same as your case against me? (in fact your case against me is weaker)

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 am

Post by ortolan »

and that's not the only reason DGB is scum anyway, I will probably do a post on her tomorrow then you can tell me exactly which parts you object to ;)

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:03 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two: Vote Count #3

3 ortolan (AceMarksma, zwetschenwasser, Kast)
3 zwetschenwasser (Kinetic, Rishi, DrippingGoofball)

1 DrippingGoofball (ortolan)
1 Kinetic (ac1983fan)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is May 9, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – charter, Looker
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 am

Post by charter »

Also, Looker needs to make some substancial posts, preferably give opinions on several players and why he holds those. That player slot has said barely anything the entire game, which is disastrous if he's scum.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am

Post by AceMarksman »

charter, why aren't you voting anyone? you seem to be adamant about the ortolan lynch, so why is your vote not there?
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 am

Post by charter »

If you read my posts, you'll find I'm currently unsure on an ortolan lynch. I am waiting for his DGB case.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:15 am

Post by AceMarksman »

Bah I'm stupid. I posted that and then saw the post where you said you would hear ort out.
Show
Words to live by.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”