roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

now that all of our missing players have checked in we can lynch dgb at our leisure. of course i'd still prefer her to be lynched as fast as possible.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by ortolan »

damnit, I'm writing a post saying why DGB among others is obv-scum. Hopefully it's not redundant by the time it gets posted.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm still not seeing scum. No "I TOLD YOU SO" style but more a "mehhh"
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by ortolan »

Here are three scumbags, I would be happy to lynch any of them:

DGB: I think DGB is under the (not necessarily untrue, depending on the playerlist) impression I am easy to mislynch as town.

As of DGB's 1374, her suspects list contains two people (myself and roflcopter) who were first and second on the lynch of the only scumbag in this game currently. Now, it is not disputed that busing is a strategy sometimes employed by mafia. However, without evidence suggesting that a certain scenario is a likely "busing" scenario, the mere fact that two people were first and second on the lynch of a scumbag is simply a very, very bad reason for suspecting them. If for example, myself or roflcopter had a meta of busing their scumbuddies (I actually don't honestly know in his case, but I certainly don't, I've only done so once when it was absolutely necessary and instrumental in us winning the game), and she brought this evidence to the table, this would be understandable.

As it is, she insists with the a priori improbable notion that both roflcopter and I are scum, with little reasoning beyond us busing our scumbuddy (and the point I'll make below).

She is also scummy for reasons relating to the other people on my scumlist.

She has taken the side of poptajo in the great WIFOM battle:

poptajo suggests that myself (and possibly also roflcopter now) deliberately put pressure on him for results having role-blocked him as scum, because we know he can't deliver. It is of course, certainly plausible that I (or roflcopter, but I'll concentrate on defending myself here) might do this as scum, but again, that's not enough of a reason for it actually being scummy. It is also perfectly explainable from a town point of view- suspicious of tajo not being night-killed after claiming a power-role on day one, I voted him for pressure purposes. You have no evidence one possibility is more likely than another, so this essentially boils down to WIFOM.

Unfortunately, there are
additional
reasons that make the me-scum and tajo-town explanation less plausible (and the me-town and him-scum explanation more plausible):

- His claim on day one was totally unprompted.

- He wrongly claimed at the time his power-role was readily confirmable when it is clearly
not at all
, even by today. Which means that this was a straight
lie
, even if he is town.

- He didn't initially claim no result, but claimed to have been role-blocked, then amended his claim when I drew attention to the implausibility of "knowing" one was role-blocked.

^^^ if it wasn't clear all the above are reasons why tajo is scummy. He is my second suspect. They are also reasons why DGB's behaviour makes no sense- despite the evidence if anything being against tajo's claim, she insists I must be obv-scum solely for having voted him today and asking for results. Her behaviour is entirely consistent with a scumbag who suggested the "roleblocked" ploy to her scumbuddy to begin with, and is now attempting to trap townies in her web.

I also believe (can't really support this but it is a reason for suspecting her for me) she is more aggressive/tunnelly as scum. She changes her mind a lot more as town.

Third is MafiaSSK. The reasons for lynching him are equally as good as they were yesterday. The fact he is on DGB's list doesn't make either himself or DGB look better to me. He may well be the obligatory scumpartner DGB puts on her list. Antihero is a neutral read for me also, btw.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

populartajo may well be scum, but claimed-info-role tactics say we should leave him alive another night or two and see if he comes up with anything. Actually I'm inclined to say that he is scum, but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.

MafiaSSK is claimed mason. Doesn't excuse his play, but it does make him a worse lynch.

That leaves DGB. I can see no reason not to lynch DGB.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

gee, the person i've been saying is town since the conclusion of the zwet wagon has just provided yet another astoundingly obvious signal to the world that he is in fact town. grats on being so town, ort!
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ort you do write a compelling argument.

I wish I could get the fire under my ass about DGB.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by ortolan »

oh, also,

Vote: DGB
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastin has replaced antihero. Thanks, Mastin.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xyl is scum.

He wouldn't be so eager to agree with roflcopter if he were town.

But Xyl is scum, he knows my alignment. Either he's in cahoots with roflcopter, or he's finding roflcopter very useful right now. All he does is throw more meta arguments than even me. Everything is "playstyle" - that's not the Xyl-town I know.

Furthermore, Xyl-town would have his knickers in a twist over the lurkers, such as MafiaSSK. Xyl willfully ignores the fact that MafiaSSK is an UNCONFIRMED mason. But he doesn't. And he knows that scum masons are a dime a dozen. Wilfull ignorance of thge obvious = town.

ortolan would be an extremely difficult player to lynch; he's not on my scum list because he's an "easy target."

Heck, in this scum-controlled game, even MafiaSSK doesn't qualify as an easy target.

Which leads me to believe that the town is sleeping, but just awake enough to bend itseld over for the scum. I'm the only one that's kicking and fighting back.

Note that MafiaSSK and Empking will vote for me simply as a matter of policy, so I in fact have two more yet uncounted votes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:22 am

EBWOP
DrippingGoofball wrote:Wilfull ignorance of the obvious = SCUM.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:33 am

Also, several players are hard up pushing a case that the only claimed power role, tajo, is scum. I don't see kindly to this, and I don't see kindly that the town is letting it happen unchallenged.

Yep. THIS TOTALLY INEPT, COMATOSE, BRAIN-DEAD TOWN is letting it happen.

WAKE UP
!

I do see that there is a cluster of players that are irritated by the general insulting, dismissive tone of this game (see sentence above for example), players that are turned off by the name calling "you're scum" "NO U."

But for chissakes, I'm not always "big enough" to refrain from fighting in the mud, but I'm as frustrated as you are. Please. Show yourselves and don't let me fight alone against half the players, most of which are scum looking for an easy target.

I'm not exactly motivated to make myself less of an easy target. This game irritates me to no end, on a personal level. I even take the death of Zorblag personally, he was the only beacon of joy in this game, I said so, and he became the nightkill. So now I'm stuck battling the "you're scum"-"NO U" crows all by myself.

As I've said earlier, I long stopped caring about my win condition and just want to prove them wrong, and hope the town loses. I'm sure that sentence is worth 1.5 votes on average. But I just don't care. I'm fighting really hard against the urge to self-vote at this point, and that sentence is probably worth another 1 vote, firm.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:34 am

And thank you all for totally ignoring that roflcopter didn't give Malyss a chance to claim,

AND TOTALLY CONTINUES TO IGNORE IT, AND NO ONE BUT ELVIS IS CALLING HIM ON IT, AND EVEN SO, MEEKLY.

Question: Where is the aggressive elvis-town I know and love????????

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:36 am

LIST OF PLAYERS WHO WILL BE HUMILIATED:

Xyl-scum
ortolan-scum
roflcotper-scum
Stephoscope

OH wait

They won't be humiliated... they're scum! This is going to be an exciting victory for them.

Gah...

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 am

Post by ortolan »

DGB (1434) wrote:Furthermore, Xyl-town would have his knickers in a twist over the lurkers, such as MafiaSSK. Xyl willfully ignores the fact that MafiaSSK is an UNCONFIRMED mason. But he doesn't. And he knows that scum masons are a dime a dozen. Wilfull ignorance of thge obvious = town.

ortolan would be an extremely difficult player to lynch; he's not on my scum list because he's an "easy target."
Why exactly am I on your scum list then? If you're town, then you agree with me about MafiaSSK. You also have failed to establish why the other two points you've brought against me: "busing" zwet, and voting tajo, are actually scummy.
DGB (1436) wrote:I long stopped caring about my win condition and just want to prove them wrong, and hope the town loses.
The town losing and you fulfilling your win con are not mutually exclusive.

I also note a complete failure to engage with my case on you and the points on tajo, and instead a strong preference for appeals to emotion. I also don't believe throwing genuine hissy fits is consistent with DGB's meta (that stuff about "I want to spite town"), so again I'm inclined to think it's another scum tactic.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:16 am

@ ortolan

I suspect that you and roflcopter want to be rid of the claimed tracker, who might very well be doc-protected, and therefore, a player that must be lynched in broad daylight. I've already explained how you voted tajo
in anticipation
of him not having a result. Like you knew ahead of time and it was all part of the plan. Then you called him 'useless' anyway, because he's bound to be roleblocked every night.

Do you have an explanation for this?

NO.

Or did I miss it? And don't rehash your worthless case against tajo's citing the timing of his claim. I want to know why YOU behaved the way you did.

There's a long list of players from which the zwet bus'ers are hiding. So, statistically speaking, I'm not not holding it as much against you as I do for the way you're going against tajo.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 am

ortolan wrote:I also note a complete failure to engage with my case on you and the points on tajo,
That's because I reject it in its entirety.
ortolan wrote:and instead a strong preference for appeals to emotion.
What else is new.
ortolan wrote:I also don't believe throwing genuine hissy fits is consistent with DGB's meta (that stuff about "I want to spite town"), so again I'm inclined to think it's another scum tactic.
This is wrong. Please supply evidence or die, scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:19 am

I have an hour. I'm going to make a case against Xyl.

I believe he's scum just enjoying encouraging mislynches in the sidelines, and letting roflcopter's mow the town down for personal reasons.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:33 am

Gah! My client called. I have to run. I'll have to postpone that case until the later today. Earlier if I can fix her problem quickly.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:And thank you all for totally ignoring that roflcopter didn't give Malyss a chance to claim,

AND TOTALLY CONTINUES TO IGNORE IT, AND NO ONE BUT ELVIS IS CALLING HIM ON IT, AND EVEN SO, MEEKLY.

Question: Where is the aggressive elvis-town I know and love????????
I have been aggressive this game. Maybe just not to the people you want. I feel like you're trying to push me to attack rofl, suggesting that if I don't that I must be scum.

I haven't really attacked rofl because I have agreed with so much of what he's said and I generally think he's town.

However...

ROFL: I do want an explanation about why you didn't let Malyss claim.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 am

Post by roflcopter »

i was impatient. it was a bad play, but with antihero's lurk timer ticking down i viewed it the same as trying to guarantee a lynch at deadline.
soi soi soi

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Empking »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Day 1, Block 1, Final Votecount wrote:
10 zwetschenwasser (
roflcopter, ortolan
, antihero, elvis_knits,
MafiaSSK
Stephoscope
, Empking,
populartajo
DrippingGoofball
Xtoxm
)
Fixed. Reluctantly.
Why was Steph confirmed but Mafiassk not?

(I get the feeling that my memory of yesterday was wrong.)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Furthermore, Xyl-town would have his knickers in a twist over the lurkers, such as MafiaSSK. Xyl willfully ignores the fact that MafiaSSK is an UNCONFIRMED mason. But he doesn't. And he knows that scum masons are a dime a dozen. Wilfull ignorance of thge obvious =
town
Thank you for the Freudian slip.

(Since when are scum masons a dime a dozen? I'd expect Yos2 to expect the town to put some confidence into the mason-hood.)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, several players are hard up pushing a case that the only claimed power role, tajo, is scum.
As opposed to you, who is pushing a case that one of the claimed masons is scum. Hypocrite much?

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 am

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:populartajo may well be scum, but claimed-info-role tactics say we should leave him alive another night or two and see if he comes up with anything. Actually I'm inclined to say that he is scum, but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong.
Wait, I am scum or I am not scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”