Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:14 am

Post by knox »

I’m trying to digest the new revelation once again. However I need to make a decision soon as I will not be around to change my vote from now until the deadline.

I can understand the waiting to try and find the scum partner even with a guilty result which would have made you not point out Zazie but rather watch and see what happens with subtle probing. But this whole thing is giving me a headache unfortunately and I know I have to make a decision and don’t want to make the wrong one. So I’m on the fence though maybe slightly toward Zazie for now.

I would like to hear from CO but I don’t think I have the time to wait. So I will do a final look through and make my choice.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 am

Post by charter »

I really wish this didn't happen right before deadline, but should we massclaim before deadline?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

charter wrote:I really wish this didn't happen right before deadline, but should we massclaim before deadline?
Does it matter?

The doc is dead and the cop has claimed. Everyone else is either VT or scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 am

Post by charter »

Oh, my bad, didn't realize the doc had died. Forget that idea then.
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:00 am

Post by knox »

I’m not sure; this whole thing has been a head stuff. I have been looking over day 2 and it just gives me a bigger headache but I have a few things that might be considered:

If CO and Zazie are scum partners, why would Zazie defend him so much? But I could see Zazie doing this if she was scum and he wasn’t because at the time it looked like it would be a CntR lynch as there were many points against him. So maybe drawing suspicion away from him would give her town points if he flipped town. But that’s all WIFOM so you never know.

Also why would Kmd post some of the stuff that he did in this post if he knew Zazie was scum?
Kmd4390 wrote: 1. I agree. The meta was the reason I excused his FoS without a vote. I am discrediting the meta and using this point. Your counter-argument actually backs me here.

2. I disagree. The time to be cautious is when a lynch is actually likely. If he put SoaD at L-2, and two players hammered before we could discuss it... Well, let's just say we'd probably have our scum right there. But later, he is very interested in seeing Ash lynched. The biggest reason this is notable is who the players are. If CnT is scum, SoaD is probably his buddy and Ash is probably town. I also don't think he realized Ash had replaced Mizz. Seeing your scumbuddy replaced is something you remember.

So CnTscum=SoaD +scum points, Ash +town points. Remember this if CnT flips scum.

3. Why does an offense have to be repeated to be scummy? And again, if CnT is scum,
I expect Dennis to be town.
(Never mind. Blue replaced Dennis and flipped town. Guess I was right though. :wink: )

4. He used a weak argument. Scum use weak arguments to push an easy lynch.

5. Are non-committal stances town tells? This is exactly why I see them as scumtells (and I didn't even catch this one before :lol: ). They allow a player to back off of what they said. Or in this case, they allow another player to back off for them. I prefer to look at what was said over how strongly the position is held. He said Mizz may have been a confused townie. That's his stance. Strong or not, that's what he said. Point stands.

6. Yes, Ash is scummier based on this point alone. But the hammer is the only major point against Ash. I have 6 valid points on CnT, which I think is enough to consider him scummier than Ash.

Also, I hope you realize if CnT flips scum, you get scum points for defending him like this.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:02 am

Post by charter »

Yeah, I'm thinking Kmd knows there is no cop, because he is scum with two goons.

vote Kmd4390

Sorry, but your story just don't add up.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

knox wrote: Also why would Kmd post some of the stuff that he did in this post if he /quote]

Wanted Zaz to think I saw her as town. If I showed a connection between her buddy and someone else, the CnT lynch wouldn't look like the end of her game. We could lynch CnT and then I'd claim my guilty for a guaranteed win.
charter wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking Kmd knows there is no cop, because he is scum with two goons.

vote Kmd4390

:?

How would scum know there is no cop?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

knox wrote: Also why would Kmd post some of the stuff that he did in this post if he knew Zazie was scum?
Wanted Zaz to think I saw her as town. If I showed a connection between her buddy and someone else, the CnT lynch wouldn't look like the end of her game. We could lynch CnT and then I'd claim my guilty for a guaranteed win.
charter wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking Kmd knows there is no cop, because he is scum with two goons.

vote Kmd4390

:?

How would scum know there is no cop?

(Tags fix'd)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also, why do you keep ignoring this:
charter wrote: Hell, you should know that if I were going to fake a guilty, it would NOT be on Zaz. In any game. Regardless of anyone's alignment.
Kmd4390 wrote: Also, you didn't mention the other part of that post. Why would I fake a guilty on Zaz? I'd feel too badly afterwards if I did that.
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:12 am

Post by knox »

If there is a mafia roleblocker there is a cop, if there are two goons there is no cop.

But you don’t really, you just give her scum points if CntR flips scum who you think is actually her scum buddy.

I agree; this post just does not make sense if he had already received a guilty on Zazie. And the rest doesn’t quite add up. So
Vote Kmd
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Also, why do you keep ignoring this:
Kmd wrote: Hell, you should know that if I were going to fake a guilty, it would NOT be on Zaz. In any game. Regardless of anyone's alignment.
Kmd4390 wrote: Also, you didn't mention the other part of that post. Why would I fake a guilty on Zaz? I'd feel too badly afterwards if I did that.
I fail at tags today. Fix'd again.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 am

Post by charter »

I'm having a hard time believing you don't know how scum already know the setup. If there are two goons, then there is no cop. If there is one goon and one roleblocker, there is a cop.

There is definately a doctor, so scum knew instantly whether there was a cop or not at the beginning of the day.

I'm now really sure you are scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 am

Post by charter »

Kmd4390 wrote:Also, why do you keep ignoring this:
Kmd wrote: Hell, you should know that if I were going to fake a guilty, it would NOT be on Zaz. In any game. Regardless of anyone's alignment.
I mean, I wouldn't think you would do it. But then you could do it just because no one would expect it. It's kind of circular.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

knox wrote:If there is a mafia roleblocker there is a cop, if there are two goons there is no cop.
Oh. Right. Missed that. :oops:
Knox wrote:But you don’t really, you just give her scum points if CntR flips scum who you think is actually her scum buddy.
Because I didn't want her cleared to everyone else if I happened to die. I just wanted her to feel safe.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

charter wrote: I mean, I wouldn't think you would do it. But then you could do it just because no one would expect it. It's kind of circular.
I wouldn't.

And Knox was the hammer.

Zaz, Alex, Charter, Knox.

Use my info. Lynch Zaz tomorrow. I'd look at CO next, but don't forget about Raiv either.

I'll disappear now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Actually, alex unvoted, but CO was voting me anyway.

So I'm dead.
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 am

Post by knox »

Kmd4390 wrote:Also, why do you keep ignoring this:
I don’t really know how to take this. I know you are friends and have been quite friendly throughout this game. But would that make it the perfect cover? It’s just introducing more WIFOM.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Just checked. It's an actual lynch.

I just want to say I think I'm done playing newbie games after this. I played terribly and don't deserve to be an IC.

Good luck everyone. Have fun.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am

Post by charter »

Kmd4390 wrote:Just checked. It's an actual lynch.

I just want to say I think I'm done playing newbie games after this. I played terribly and don't deserve to be an IC.

Good luck everyone. Have fun.
Ummm, assuming you are the cop, I wouldn't be this hard on yourself. I definately wouldn't say you don't deserve to be an IC either.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:54 am

Post by alexhans »

I don't know why you rushed so much to lynch him... Raiv still hasn't posted.
I'm back...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Yaw »

Final Vote Count:

Kmd4390 (4): Conspicuous_other, ZazieR, charter, knox
ZazieR (1): Kmd4390
knox (1): Raivann

Not Voting: alexhans

As it is getting late in the day, Kmd4390 pipes up. "Hey everyone, I'm the cop!" he shouts. "Pffft!" say the rest of the town, as they promptly lead him to the gallows.

When he is dead, a Mafia Goon business card is found in Kmd's pockets.

Kmd4390, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Night will last until
Friday, May 1 at midnight Eastern Time
. Get any choices in by then.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Yaw »

The sun rises, and you slowly make your way to the town square. Missing is charter, whose body you eventually find slumped in an alley. He was a Townie.

charter, Townie, killed Night 2

It is now Day 3. With 5 alive, it will take 3 to lynch.

In addition, ZazieR has requested replacement as of this morning. She sends along the message that she enjoyed it a lot and wants to wish everyone a great game as long as it lasts. I'll try to get a replacement for her as soon as I can.
Success breeds suspicion
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by alexhans »

mmmm... that leaves

Raiv
Knox
C_O
Alexhans
Zaz (asked to be replaced)

Ok... I wanna first hear from Raiv what does he think about yesterday's events.

Why would Zaz replace? She doesn't seem to be replacing in other games?

Charter started voting Zaz but after reading fully he prefered KMD or Raiv.
He votes Raiv when there's a day left.
He says when KMD flips scum I'm gonna need some scrutiny.
He votes KMD.

I think C_O is pretty cleared in my eyes. KMD wouldn't push that hard on his partner. Knox doesn't seem scummy either. So I guess it's all between Zaz and Raiv IMO.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Raivann »

I think we should build a statue in memory of charter in Town Square. That man can scumhunt, I think my scumdar is broken. Kmd had me thinkin he was town.I can't post during weekday days because of work so thats why i had to make my choice for lynch night before.

I dont think he would go after C_O that much if he was his partner either.

Kmd could have been bussing Zazie there at the end. That would explain why he felt bad , with him and Zazie being friends and all.
Kmd wrote: I just want to say I think I'm done playing newbie games after this. I played terribly and don't deserve to be an IC.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:27 am

Post by alexhans »

KMD Iso.
If CnT is scum, SoaD is probably his buddy and Ash is probably town.
He knew CnT woudn't flip town... (unless Cnt was his mate, wich I don't think so) so he was kinda going to leave SoaD of the hook? Does that make SoaD/knox suspicious?
- He Denied that both IC's were scum
How many times have you seen a game where both ICs are scum. It just doesn't happen.
- Bussing CnrT day 2 seems a bit weird but now I think we should consider it a possibility.
-bussing Zaz would also be a weird play. But if they know there are no cops they may try it...
I'm a cop. I have a guilty on Zaz, but wanted to find her partner before lynching her. The way she defended CO makes me think it's him.
So... if Zaz flipped town he couldn't go after C_O... if she was his scumbuddy it would give him a lot of credibility and he could push C_O's lynch... But if she was scum she should've acted scummy so as to get lynched...

I don't like Zaz for being replaced but I'm starting to think knox is much more a possibility than Zaz.
Hmm. I actually don't see the case on SoaD.`
I think that if CO is town, Raiv is scum by process of elimination.
mmm...what does this mean??? that he knows C_O will flip town so he will crush Raiv next? That would make Raiv town... Or maybe he thought he was going to be lynched and tried to clear Raiv??? (Yeah, I know, It's kinda WIFOM but I wanna know what you think)
I wouldn't.

And Knox was the hammer.

Zaz, Alex, Charter, Knox.

Use my info. Lynch Zaz tomorrow. I'd look at CO next, but don't forget about Raiv either.
One of his last posts.... Setting up WIFOM to confuse us? He knew he was being lynched...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”