DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xylthixlm wrote:You're putting me in the dilemma of "are you a bad player or are you scum?"
If we were to apply this criteria fairly and uniformly, who else would you lynch? And in making your decision, would you adjust for players that have internet access in their kindergarten classroom?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Scum team:

MafiaSSK
ortolan
Xylthilm
one more unknown

Kirk out.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:You are a fake roleclaiming Scummy McScummerson
Steph's age is in the single digit range.
And yet I drive a nice car and have a hot wife and am about to get my Master's degree. It's quite amazing.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by image »

Can we please stop with the ad hominems now?
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:You're putting me in the dilemma of "are you a bad player or are you scum?"
If we were to apply this criteria fairly and uniformly, who else would you lynch?
Malyss.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
If we were to apply this criteria fairly and uniformly, who else would you lynch?
Malyss.
Who else?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Malyss.
Who else?
That's it so far.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Maybe Antihero should get an honorable mention for nearly lurking 72 hours.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Maybe Antihero should get an honorable mention for nearly lurking 72 hours.
There is no honor in that. Has he even come back?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:Maybe Antihero should get an honorable mention for nearly lurking 72 hours.
I guess you are not giving too many names in order to reserve the right not to be called for inconsistency later in the game, scum.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:DGB, is there anyone from the apparent scumgroup of yourself, populartajo, Xtoxm, and BrianMcQueso who you would feel comfortable lynching? This could be your opportunity to save yourself.
DGB, did you want to answer this? You sure like to ignore posts that call out your scumteam.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Stephoscope wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:DGB, is there anyone from the apparent scumgroup of yourself, populartajo, Xtoxm, and BrianMcQueso who you would feel comfortable lynching? This could be your opportunity to save yourself.
DGB, did you want to answer this? You sure like to ignore posts that call out your scumteam.
I'm vanilla. I don't want to save myself for a power role to be knocked out instead. All the players on that list I feel are reasonably town. They may be cops, doctors, whatnot.

So yeah. Lynch me first.

Then you'll have to reconsider your whole retarded lynch list and I'll will laugh from my snug casket. You and roflcopter.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:It doesn't matter what Steph thinks. We're not policy-lynching Stephoscope, though he richly deserves it, but his borrowed opinions are completely devoid of any value and no one is paying attention, nor asking him questions. It's not like we'll get further insight into his alignment, or any sort of insight into the game in general. He's just a nuisance townie, we all know this, and we're letting him live. We're probably going to have to rely on his judgment in endgame, since the scum will not nightkill him, ever. He'll be the one having to decide which of the last two other living players is scum, and which is town. I hope he does better then, than now.
my aren't you the optimistic scum - you think this game will ever get to a three player endgame. i think we'll take care of all of the scum much sooner than that.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
ortolan wrote:Not proof, it's still entirely consistent with you being scum though.
Absolutely not. You are being obtuse, in that special way that scum has to be obtuse and pretend to not see the obvious.

And stop it with the "scummy because it was a day 1 claim." As a player who often bears the grunt of roflcopter's stubborn and dogged accusations, I can see why potajo would want to get the "monkey off his back" so to speak. One of the most irritating aspect of having roflcopter lock on you is that it becomes nearly impossible to hunt scum when everything you say gets a "you're scum, nener-nener-nener," with no explanation, and no chance of him ever changing his mind.
derp derp derp i have and continue to provide explanations of why you and poptajo are scum, and you continue to just use the fact that i'm after you as an excuse for being scummy
tajo wrote:What about "Town claim: When not about to be strung up, soft claim power-role to avoid a weak wagon" I never thought my softclaim would be considered scummy to the point of people asking for a full claim.
you know who also softclaims to try to avoid what they perceive to be a "weak" wagon? scum. just see dgb's play in minvitational 10.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
ortolan wrote:
DGB (1234) wrote:I can see why potajo would want to get the "monkey off his back" so to speak.
But he didn't at all, which is the point. If he is town he has guaranteed he is going to look very, very scummy up until he dies.
Not in the least. Only you and your buddies find this "scummy." It is not, absolutely not, not in the least.

Now stop it with your calling tajo scummy, scumbag.

It's not working.

Your desperate attempts are EPIC FAIL. And very transparent.
dgb and tajo are taking the "mutual chainsaw defense" to epic proportions
DrippingGoofball wrote:
super-mega-confirm-lock-on-vote: ortolan
who else is reminded of dgb's antics regarding juls in war in heaven?
Stephoscope wrote:
ortolan wrote:I like Stephoscope
Thank you for that, because DGB basically called me a big loser-head in 1219.
now you know how i felt after bearing the brunt of the "don't listen to this guy cuz he sux real bad" attacks all of yesterday
DrippingGoofball wrote:
If we were to apply this criteria fairly and uniformly, who else would you lynch? And in making your decision, would you adjust for players that have internet access in their kindergarten classroom?
creative ad hom against the most confirmed town player is still ad hom against the most confirmed town player
Stephoscope wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:You are a fake roleclaiming Scummy McScummerson
Steph's age is in the single digit range.
And yet I drive a nice car and have a hot wife and am about to get my Master's degree. It's quite amazing.
reverse ad hom just makes me jealous. *shakes fist*
Stephoscope wrote:
qft to the max

dear spyrex, please re-evaluate drippinggoofball, love rofl
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

dgb wrote:So yeah. Lynch me first.

Then you'll have to reconsider your whole retarded lynch list and I'll will laugh from my snug casket. You and roflcopter.
actually dgb, if you are indeed town then the scum will be the ones laughing at the ridiculously bad play of sacrificing yourself for players you have no way of really knowing the alignment of.

fortunately you are not town, and daring the town to lynch you will not prevent you from being lynched.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

roflcopter wrote:now you know how i felt after bearing the brunt of the "don't listen to this guy cuz he sux real bad" attacks all of yesterday
No really, lynch me now, so that I can nail yet another rivet in your "suck real bad" trophy.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:now you know how i felt after bearing the brunt of the "don't listen to this guy cuz he sux real bad" attacks all of yesterday
No really, lynch me now, so that I can nail yet another rivet in your "suck real bad" trophy.
i believe its known as a strawman when you take one snippet of an overarching argument and respond to it in an attempt to defeat the whole argument.

i don't even know how to name what it is when you don't even really respond to that snippet you present and instead provide another appeal to emotion.
soi soi soi

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 pm

roflcopter wrote:actually dgb, if you are indeed town then the scum will be the ones laughing at the ridiculously bad play of sacrificing yourself for players you have no way of really knowing the alignment of.
Nah... because I do believe that they are town. And you are so completely mistaken, so utterly wrong, that it will give me more pleasure to see you proven wrong, than to win the game.

The scum will laugh watching you mowing the whole town down all by yourself, with a little help from your Kuato. And yes, we're back in Juls-Land.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DrippingGoofball wrote:The scum will laugh watching you mowing the whole town down all by yourself, with a little help from your Kuato. And yes, we're back in Juls-Land.
I can't speak for roflcopter, but I've consistently said we stop if we get one wrong. But don't let that stop you from your desperate appeals.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:47 pm

roflcopter wrote:i believe its known as a strawman when you take one snippet of an overarching argument and respond to it in an attempt to defeat the whole argument.
There is nothing in your "argument" that is "respondable."
roflcopter wrote:i don't even know how to name what it is when you don't even really respond to that snippet you present and instead provide another appeal to emotion.
I've reached the point of not caring about my win condition, and wanting to be lynched in order to prove you and your Kuato wrong.

Since I'm giving the scum flak for wanting to lynch a claimed power role, they're going after me instead. Which is fine.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Stephoscope wrote:I can't speak for roflcopter, but I've consistently said we stop if we get one wrong. But don't let that stop you from your desperate appeals.
OK so go ahead an lynch me, you'll get your "wrong" and you'll have to shut up for the rest of the game.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I can't speak for roflcopter, but I've consistently said we stop if we get one wrong. But don't let that stop you from your desperate appeals.
OK so go ahead an lynch me, you'll get your "wrong" and you'll have to shut up for the rest of the game.
My vote's in, that's all I got.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Stephoscope wrote:But don't let that stop you from your desperate appeals.
Appeals?

I've said a million times already, I'm vanilla, go ahead and lynch me. Does this sound like I'm desperate
not
to get lynched? Lynch me. Save a power role.

It's players like you and your fearless leader that lose games for the town. I'm happy this game will provide a humbling learning opportunity for the both of you.

But I'll be on vacation for 8 days soon, and being alive in this game dealing with monkeys will be a source of aggravation when I should be having fun.

So yeah. Lynch me. Be my guest. Go to the wiki if you feel the need to put a label on me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Stephoscope wrote:My vote's in, that's all I got.
Maybe you need better arguments. Can you come up with some?

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:My vote's in, that's all I got.
Maybe you need better arguments. Can you come up with some?
Other than the fact that you are apparently completely against lynching any of the scummiest players in the game? Nope, nothing better than that, sorry.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter: DGB's play is actually reminding me of her play as scum in Minivitational 10.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”