I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:22 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Goddammit.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno wrote:
Goddammit.
That sounds so fake.
scumchat never die
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:39 am

Post by Incognito »

Korts, who did you "protect" last night?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Korts »

Incognito wrote:Korts, who did you "protect" last night?
charter, since he confirmed his role.
scumchat never die
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Why not OGML? Seemed pretty obvious that he was soft-claiming an investigative role.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Korts »

Incognito wrote:Why not OGML? Seemed pretty obvious that he was soft-claiming an investigative role.
Like I said, charter is confirmed as a masonizer, where masonizer is obviously a pro-town role considering that Izzy turned up "+ Mason" and not "+ Cult" or "+ Mafia" or anything. I'd rather go for a confirmed role over a softclaimed one.
scumchat never die
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:21 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Korts wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Goddammit.
That sounds so fake.
Right, because that's
not
what
you
were thinking.

FOS: Korts
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:23 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm curious which part you're damning to God?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Korts »

Xdaamno: it doesn't matter whether I was thinking that or not, what matters is that I don't try to rub it in. Nuff said.
scumchat never die
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 am

Post by Xdaamno »

pfffft
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I would like an answer to my question, please.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Patrick »

I'd still like Korts to answer my question to him at the end of yesterday. My first impression coming into today is that Korts and skitzer are the most suspicious, but I'm going to need to reread certain parts of the game.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Korts »

[qutoe="Patrick"]I did give an explicit reason for my vote, and it wasn't your "interacting rather than lag behind". Actually, even having recently come off you, I want you to explain why you're not reading the posts of someone you apparently suspect. [/quote]

I did read your posts. Here is the post where you vote me:
Patrick wrote:Back to this then.
Vote: Korts
. We can test charter's claim today before even lynching anyone, though it needs to be done quickly because we've only got a couple of days left.
No reference to any reason you might have previously stated, which is what I'd expect. Granted, in post 517, 121 posts prior to your vote, you mention how both of my votes (Izzy, Xdaamno) made you uncomfortable, in particular the Izzy one; but like I said, there is no reference to this, nor is it clearly seperated from the expression of your feeling of Xdaamno-townness and suspicion on charter.

Technically it satisfies the requirements for "explicit", but the reason and the actual vote were spaced very far apart and without the vote having reference to the reason.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: sorry for the bad quote tags.
scumchat never die
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Patrick »

I don't think it was that hard to tell why I'd returned to you, and it was only about 3 days after I'd explained it.

What's your opinion of skitzer?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Yosarian2

Claimed scum yesterday. A gunsmith and a tracker? Looks like he hedged his bets wrong.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by Ether »

Yo, Korts. Did you ever read that stuff you fell behind on?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

charter wrote:
Vote Yosarian2

Claimed scum yesterday. A gunsmith and a tracker? Looks like he hedged his bets wrong.
Yeah, Yos is looking very, very scummy at this point.

Vote: Yos
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

GC wrote:What would you say if we have a miller + tracker? How much sense would that make?
Yos wrote:Well, there's always the chance the mod was just screwing with me and there's not actually a cop, like how some mods like putting a nurse into a setup without a doc, and if that's the which case then I'm a giant red herring.
vollk wrote:camn, Tracker, Town was killed Night 1
Mhm.

I'm not too up-to-date with gunsmiths. I'm under the impression that they give people a one-shot ability to vig - or is it that they check people to see if they're carrying a gun? I'm scratching my head, trying to figure out what it was about OGML's role that Yos' claim would have rubbed him the wrong way. I'm assuming my second understanding of the role is correct re: charter's, X's posts?

X wrote:Goddammit.
GC wrote:I'm curious which part you're damning to God?
GC wrote:I would like an answer to my question, please.
What I said, thanks.

skit wrote:You shouldn't just base on posts. My posts are very informative and analyszing in my opinion.
skit wrote:And I agree with charter now. I think Dizzy is scummy, plus there is no point in not confirming him now. Vote: DizzyIzzy
I noticed a slight discrepancy between the claim and the actual follow through. Why exactly did you think Dizzy the town vanilla was a great person to vote D1?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Incognito »

Still not really liking Korts, but I don't think he should be today's lynch.

I agree with the Yosarian2-hate; it does seem rather unlikely that we would have a Miller in this game when we now have seen that both a Gunsmith
and
a Tracker died last night. His play in general doesn't really strike me as town-ish either -- I particularly didn't like
the post
where he placed his vote on charter: to me it looked like he was defending
me
from charter's attack and case and using his defense of me as reason to place his vote down on him where he even concluded that I'm "obvtown and charter is obvscum". I just can't think of a time where I've built a case against someone and placed a vote down on him or her by largely basing my vote on a defense of someone whose alignment I wasn't 100% sure of as town. I have, however, done this as scum.

Having said all that though, I'm finding myself more and more bothered by
Ether's
play. I know I said that I thought she was town-ish yesterday, but I think I largely based my feelings of her play on her early attack on me (Ether has a tendency to early blitz attack players she respects when she's town). The rest of her play, however, doesn't really look all that dissimilar from the play I recognized from Newbie 530 where Ether was scum.

-~- Her voting pattern has been extremely flippant (she went from 1. me to 2. Izzy to 3. Yosarian2 to 4. Korts to 5. charter to 6. Korts again and then finally to 7. Izzy at deadline). Compare this to games where she's been town, and you'll notice the difference (she usually has a tendency to stick to her guns as town). Even her switch off Korts near deadline really bothered me as well -- I know from past games that Ether would almost certainly maintain a vote even in the face of a power role claim (she did so against a Glork jailkeeper claim in Mini 594).

-~- I didn't like how when she initially placed her vote on DizzyIzzy early in Day 1, she didn't really make an attempt to try and figure her out by prodding and probing at her with questions -- she just seemed to leave her vote there and allowed me to do all the questioning. Again, I'd expect an Ether-town to take at least
some
interest in figuring out if her top suspect is really truly scum.

-~- There's also been the issue with her inactivity. I could see an Ether-town having activity issues but in a game like this where she has a lot of familiarity with the players, I would think she'd keep her interest level up and remain engaged with the game. Instead, she had that huge period of inactivity after her Yos2 vote, and she didn't make an effort to pop in around deadline.

-~- Lastly, given the two power role flips from last night, I've been thinking of a more sinister interpretation of Ether's Yos2 vote. What if Ether and Yos2 really
are
scum together and Ether felt compelled to lend her vote to the wagon since she thought Yosarian2 would almost certainly be lynched for his claim yesterday? She might have felt like she absolutely needed to have her vote on the wagon to gain some pro-town cred, and she might have recognized what OGML was hinting at when he seemed to be soft-claiming.

In short, I agree with the Yosarian2 wagon, but I'd also like to push in an opposite direction as well.

Vote: Ether
Major FoS: Yosarian2

P.S. This is all coming from someone who's had a lot of experience playing with Ether (including FtF games). This really really really does
not
feel like Ether-town.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:43 am

Post by Incognito »

GC: Gunsmiths are investigative roles that have the ability to check players for guns. Here's the Wiki article.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Green Crayons wrote:
X wrote:Goddammit.
GC wrote:I'm curious which part you're damning to God?
GC wrote:I would like an answer to my question, please.
What I said, thanks.
We lynched a mason, and had two power roles killed. Not that there is a God.

(pfffft)
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Hmm, I get vibes for a Yos-Incognito scumteam, trying to delay Yos' lynch. I know Yos recently posted in a mafia discussion thread that stalling for time before being lynched is very useful for scum, which makes it more likely. IGMEOY.

I asked a question probing Yos about this a while ago, which I had to repeat... I forgot about it, so I'll look back and see if I got an answer (not that it'll likely need answering now.)
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Cult unlikely. Mafia recruiter - meh, maybe. Odds that recruiting mason is just a role that is very likely to go uncounterclaimed and charter is a mafia power role? Very high. "Try to draw out the cop or doc" is something that a mafia goon does when run up the flagpole. Try to survive for as long as possible is something a mafia PR does. Also, now charter has a lovely excuse for why he might get tracked to whoever dies tonight - he was just trying to be friends with them!

Let's speedlynch him.
Xdaamno wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:I'd like to hear Yos' opinion on OGML's proposal, ftr.
Yos, you missed this a page back.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:I'd like to hear Yos' opinion on OGML's proposal, ftr.
Yos, you missed this a page back.
Well, I kind of though I answered it. His proposal that we speedlynch the guy who just claimed an easily confirmable role on day 1? I'm against it, obviously. Or were you talking about something else?
Ah, right, you did.

It was a weak question, and it came out town. Nevermind.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Patrick »

Nah, Incognito is definitely town.

I should be able to do some reread by tomorrow at the latest, but that much I'm pretty sure of.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”