Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Muzzz wrote:But saying you don't want to give reasons in general is just not pro-town.
I never said that.
I'd say you did:
Platypus_Dude wrote:
Muzzz wrote:And I want to know why you insist on giving so little explanation. If I were in your position, I'd want to make sure that people don't think I'm voting out of fear of getting lynched.
I generally don't like talking (which has to do with typing/writing), and I'm a bit lazy.
Platypus_Dude wrote:The reason that this was brought up was because I thought you were going to try to 'fit in'/lurk more. I don't understand why your point would be that townies should avoid unnecessary suspicion, which is obvious.
My point was that there's nothing wrong with
honestly
avoiding suspicion. Because that's what townies should do. And you can't get more honest about that than announcing it upfront, I'd say. So I don't think even your misinterpretation of my comment should've been any reason for a vote.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

You asked why I give little explanation, and I said I don't like writing/talking. If you had asked why I gave no explanation, you'd be correct.

People found your answers to things suspicious. The solution isn't to post less. People who don't post are occasionally forgotten, which isn't helpful to the town. You wanting to do that is scummy. The best way to avoid suspicion is to scumhunt, and the only way that's popping into my head right now.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:You asked why I give little explanation, and I said I don't like writing/talking. If you had asked why I gave no explanation, you'd be correct.
Point taken. But it's still not pro-town.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

muzzz wrote:
Porkens wrote:As I stated before; my reason for putting Wolf at L-1 was to stir reactions. And, as I believe I mentioned, or at least implied, I primarily wanted to see the reactions of those folks who were on the wagon. Would they jump off? Would they stay? Their reactions and actions can be interpreted.
This is the very first time that you actually mention the sort of "specific" reactions you'd like to see. You knew that I wanted to hear them. Why didn't you add these details a week ago?
Again, I reserved information for such a time as I thought it pertinent.
muzzz wrote:
Porkens wrote:I guess you missed my joke when I copy/pasted your response about answering questions. Those are your words, good sir. I notice how violently you react to them.
I asked two questions. That's not a violent reaction in my book.
Potato / Potato.
muzzz wrote:
Porkens wrote:I don't know, either, where you get the "you
obviously
felt that way all along" bit..
You've obviously felt that way all along because those are the same questions that you've spent half the game not answering.
Not obviously (second time you've used that term). I could have changed my mind in the meantime.
Muzzz wrote:You were perfectly fine with my case against you when I wasn't actively pushing it. And you were fine with it when I got to L-2 because I said I was still interested in lynching you. You've actually been rather nice to me, all that time. Even arguing against people that attacked me on two separate occasions.

Then I put it all together, and suddenly you want to lynch me. With what seems to me like a pure OMGUS-vote. You say you don't buy my case, and that's definitely your prerogative. But I seriously don't see how, from your perspective, it makes me the scummiest guy in town. Could you explain that part?
I'm itchy for a lynch. The case on you isn't terrible, and I think others will go along with it. It is, also, an omgus vote.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by Claus »

Final Vote Count for Day 1!

The in-flight entertainment movie today is one of those old, cheesy action flicks, where the hero's sidekick bites it in the beginning of the movie, and spends almost 5 minutes saying his "last words", while bleeding through many holes.

Muzzz
- 5 - Platypus_Dude, Korlash, Archaist, Porkens, Mickey77
Platypus_Dude
- 2 - Phelan, MordyS
Porkens
- 1 - Muzzz
MordyS
- 1 - delathi

Which is almost the exact scene as Muzzz's lynch. You never saw one able to speak so much with a rope firmly tied around his neck. Once muzzz stopped talking, you check his wallet, and do not find anything that incriminates him.

One of you does pocket 5 bucks he had on him, though.

====

Muzzz was lynched D1, he was a
Vanilla Townie!

It is now Night 1 - all players with night actions have 72 hours to send me their choices by PM. Scum may also use their thread to night talk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Claus »

Start of Day 2!

Good morning to all passangers. Please straigthen your seats and unfold your tables, because breakfast will be served soon.

Our breakfast menu today is...

... bacon.

Porkens -
Vanilla Townie
- Was killed night 1

It is now Day 2, with 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 am

Post by delathi »

The life of everyone on board depends upon just one thing: finding someone back there who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Korlash »

Shirley you're not serious?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:16 am

Post by delathi »

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

Post by MordyS »

Mickey77 hammered that vote, so he gets the first one today,
Vote Mickey77
, though I'm so strongly FOS on Platypus that I wrote a post just now explaining why I was voting for him before deciding that Mickey77 was a tad more suspicious. Time to weed out the scum.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

I honestly didn't expect Porkens to die, but I'm not going to start WIFOMing myself.

I'm going to reread the last few pages either later or over the weekend(I didn't during the night) and see if I think any scum were on the wagon. I'll strive for later though.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:26 am

Post by muzzz »

Bah! Bad scum! Go hang!
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

bahgotown.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

Bah go me...

Sorry... I just want to fit in... T_T

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Phelan »

Mikey, this is a newbie game, so us messing up is expected. Given that, did you notice that your vote on Muzzz would be the final, and that he would be lynched? What were your reasons for finding him suspicious?

Mordy, why the absence? Your last post was on April 14.
Korlash wrote:
Phelan wrote:Almost opposite meanings.
Ok replace whatever he said with what I put in quotes. It would be pretty stupid of me to intentionally misquote him in the same post I literally quoted what he said no?
True, but it's still a strange slip of the tongue. Especially if you had the quote right above the text you were writing, don't you think?
Korlash wrote:
Phelan wrote:Not much evidence, just the timing. You posted your attack and vote shortly after Porkens said that a lynch would do wonders. At that point Platypus was clearly ahead with 3 votes. Suddenly he and muzzz (who Platypus is voting for) were tied at 3.
Other than that, your (and Archaist's) case seems good.
unless I'm mistaken what I posted my attack for Muzz did AFTER Porken's said that so the timeing is his fault not mine.
Okay, the attack's timing was his fault, I give you that.

But I went back and reread your posts, and you were actually attacking him before, on post 252. Why didn't you vote for him then?

To be honest, I still think your case on Muzzz wasn't bad, and I was reaching when I asked about the bandwagon. But given that I now know he was a townie, and the above, I'd like to know why you were pushing so hard for his lynch.

And the same question goes to Platypus.
Besides that misquote that you defended from with your 'Code of Honor', you voted on Muzzz because of a joke he made, when he was supposedly even with delathi according to you, and then went toe to toe with him.

I don't want to start associating without a scum body for proof, but you two are making it hard.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Korlash »

Phalen wrote:True, but it's still a strange slip of the tongue. Especially if you had the quote right above the text you were writing, don't you think?
Kinda, but it's me we're talking about. when it comes to posting a lot of weird crazy stuff can happen. My mind tends to start working on the next paragraph before i finish the first one.

And like I said, I'm not dumb enough to intentionally misquote someone when their real post is sitting right there. Take that as you will.
Phalen wrote:But I went back and reread your posts, and you were actually attacking him before, on post 252. Why didn't you vote for him then?
Can't be 100% certain unless I go back and reread it all and I'm not going to do that now but I assume because I didn't feel I had enough to vote him and/or I didn't feel the vote mattered at the time. I am not the type of player that feels the need to use my vote every single time. i often multitask, attacking multiple people at once, and thus the vote is just a distraction. It's also why I self vote day 1 and often end up leaving my vote on myself. Day one is the day I jump around the most, and so the vote is even less useful.

But that's just how I play. A lot of people always use their vote and that's cool too.
Phalen wrote:To be honest, I still think your case on Muzzz wasn't bad, and I was reaching when I asked about the bandwagon. But given that I now know he was a townie, and the above, I'd like to know why you were pushing so hard for his lynch.
... Because I had a good case on him...

Also, just an FYI IC tip. Don't use the phrase "to be honest"... There are some people who tend to view it as a scum tell, and it also gives the impression you aren't in fact being honest. Like I said, just a tip.
Phalen wrote:I don't want to start associating without a scum body for proof, but you two are making it hard.
Are you talking about associating me and Plat? because Associating me and Plat right now is kinda a stretch. The only real thing is we both were on Muzz's wagon, and you have already admitted my case was good, meaning me being on it is completely justified.

Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:14 am

Post by Archaist »

I for one am glad that Porkens was the night kill choice. He was next on my list of scummy people, so having him gone means I can go into day 2 with a fresh outlook. For this reason I'm surprised he was the night choice, but trying to decide what the mafia intended with their night kill won't accomplish anything.
Korlash wrote:Kinda, but it's me we're talking about. when it comes to posting a lot of weird crazy stuff can happen. My mind tends to start working on the next paragraph before i finish the first one.
That's quite a convenient excuse for any slip up you may have, be it in the past or the future.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Korlash »

archaist wrote:That's quite a convenient excuse for any slip up you may have, be it in the past or the future.
No it isn't. It's a terrible excuse.

Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Archaist »

If you realize your own excuse is terrible then why did you use it?
Mikey77
Mikey77
Townie
Mikey77
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Mikey77 »

I'm going to put the other 'bandwagoneers' under scrutiny to see if i can find anything suspicious...

MordyS- I gotta say that if i were in your shoes i would have done the same thing- The people in Muzzz's (bandwagon?) should be checked for scumtells. I am Pro-Town, but feel free to check my posts. I'm still trying to learn, so if I say anything stupid then i need to know what i said and why so that i can avoid that in the future.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Korlash »

Arch wrote:If you realize your own excuse is terrible then why did you use it?
Because i wasn't using it as an excuse. Phelan asked my opinion on a subject, my opinion was that whle I would find it weird sometimes, myself doing it was not weird to me. The statement in questionw as the reasoning behind my opinion. it is not an "excuse" for anything, simply clearification as to why I think the way I do.

Why is it you are overlooking my actual excuses and instead focusing on something that isn't an excuse and playing it up like one? You're not making the mistake of trying to strawman me are you? *chuckles a little* No... You would never do that...

Now if you actually want my excuses for why I did what phelan and myself have been talking about you can either use the "I would never do it with the quote right there" I said today, or anything else I used yesterday. And while I know this ecuse is hardly... 'good' the point itself is hardly something to bat an eyelash over and so it seems a fair countermeasure to it.
Mikey wrote:MordyS- I gotta say that if i were in your shoes i would have done the same thing- The people in Muzzz's (bandwagon?) should be checked for scumtells. I am Pro-Town, but feel free to check my posts. I'm still trying to learn, so if I say anything stupid then i need to know what i said and why so that i can avoid that in the future.
You're "pro-town" or you're town? I mean it seems kinda off for a townie to call himself "pro-town" instead of simply town, where-as the mafia aren't town, they are just hoping to look "pro-town" and thus it makes sense for them to use that word without thinking. Comments on this?

And uh, I know you can't, but you're the first wagoneer that should go under scruity. Not only were you the hammer, but you hammred relitively quick after replacing in with the only reason for it being "someone has to get lynched"...

Also Archaist any comment on Mikey's constant focus on his newbieness and how often he expects to mess up? Are you actually looking for this "convenient excuse" from everyone, or is it a special cse you made just for me?

And no Mikey, I don't think it's a convenient excuse from you, that parts all for arch. although I do think you should start focusing less on being a newbie and fear of messing up and just play the game. The more you worry about making a mistake, the more mistakes you will make.

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 am

Post by delathi »

Archaist : What made Porkins look scummy to you? Who else has similar traits, and knowing what we know now, are those traits still scummy?

Mikey77 : Was your hammer based on anything you had actually seen, or just the fastest way to get to the Night?
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Archaist »

Korlash wrote:Why is it you are overlooking my actual excuses and instead focusing on something that isn't an excuse and playing it up like one? You're not making the mistake of trying to strawman me are you? *chuckles a little* No... You would never do that...
I picked that line because it stood out to me. Did I ever say that was the only excuse you made? It was not my intention to set up a strawman attack, but yes, I
would
do that if I thought it would help the town.
Korlash wrote:Also Archaist any comment on Mikey's constant focus on his newbieness and how often he expects to mess up? Are you actually looking for this "convenient excuse" from everyone, or is it a special cse you made just for me?
This is his first game, I can understand being nervous messing up (although I guess newbie mafia would have more to worry about in terms of messing up then newbie town). As I said before, your "convenient excuse" stood out to me more, especially since you're an experienced player.
delathi wrote:Archaist : What made Porkins look scummy to you? Who else has similar traits, and knowing what we know now, are those traits still scummy?
See my post # 82. I later unvoted him, but my suspicions didn't entirely disappear. No one else tried to get Wolf to full claim, so no one else fits with "similar traits." What we know now is that Porkens was town, but yes, trying to get a full claim so early in the game is still scummy.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Korlash »

Archaist wrote:I picked that line because it stood out to me. Did I ever say that was the only excuse you made? It was not my intention to set up a strawman attack, but yes, I would do that if I thought it would help the town.
It was the only one you bothered to comment on. You never said something like "but the rest of your excuses are fine." So... Implicitly, yeah. Either that or you implied my other excuses were below worth commenting on.

Remember kids, rhetorical questions can always be thrown back in peoples faces! Try it today!
Archaist wrote:This is his first game, I can understand being nervous messing up (although I guess newbie mafia would have more to worry about in terms of messing up then newbie town). As I said before, your "convenient excuse" stood out to me more, especially since you're an experienced player.
Kinda what I expected.

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 am

Post by MordyS »

It seems to me like we've got a lot of data about scum from last night's vote. Assuming both scum voted for Muzz (and that seems like a safe assumption to me), and since one of the voters is now dead, we now have a good array of choices for who may be scum. Let's start hearing some explanations from Mickey77, Archaist, Korlash and Platypus. I'm not hearing any explanations for their votes. And at least two of those people were already on my FOS list.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”