Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Block 2, Votecount 13 wrote:6 Malyss (Xtoxm, Xylthixlm, DrippingGoofball, image, q21, BrianMcQueso)
4 DrippingGoofball (Empking, Stephoscope, elvis_knits, roflcopter)
3 MafiaSSK (Zorblag, ortolan, populartajo)

4 Unvote (antihero, MafiaSSK, Malyss, wolfcrier)

17 alive; 9 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Troll needs to spend some time with some other games this day as Troll has been neglecting them due to this one which be most engaging. Troll does have some thoughts this game for now though.

BrianMcQueso's list of when people posted last no included Troll. Now that Empking has posted from Empking's alt Troll's name be the 21st (counting "all players") on the list of players in the game and no shows up in the menu for looking at posts by individuals (at least on Troll's browser) unless you scroll down. zwetschenwasser be the only other one that be an issue for and Troll no be going over the 72 hour limit but it be worth noting for those that be checking such things in the future that not all the names show up directly. It also be somewhat amusing to Troll that when elvis_knits made her list of that sort she listed Troll as Troll rather than Zorblag but that Troll was still at the bottom of her otherwise alphabetical list.

As far as the ambiguity of the rules about the timer being on hold goes, Troll noticed that it might be an issue when Troll was reading over the rules the first time. Troll assumed that it was for an individual player rather than for all timers but Troll no feels that elvis_knits looks any worse for assuming the other option. It be too blatant to be any sort of workable strategy to try to use that to let people lurk past the deadline.

As a reminder, Troll will be V/LA tomorrow and Friday (though Troll should be back by Friday afternoon it turns out) so Troll no will be posting during that stretch. Troll plans to make a post (probably with little content as Troll will still be half asleep) before Troll heads out tomorrow morning and another as soon as Troll gets back but expect that gap in Troll's play.

If Malyss gets lynched while Troll be gone Troll will be OK with that. Troll would like her to claim if we get to the point where someone be ready to hammer (and no sooner than that) but unless she does more than play the newbie card and speed of game to justify why she no has been helping us find scum she be a non-contributing player. Troll thinks that we would get more information from other lynches but there now be more to be gained from her lynch than there was before and there be much worse choices we could make.

Troll also has another crackpot idea about MafiaSSK. It occurred to Troll today while Troll was teaching that him could be a mason survivor rather than cult. It actually fits what him has done a bit better than cult recruiter. Him would need to post often to avoid attention for lurking but no him no would need to work on getting any particular lynch pushed through or for scum to be caught or hidden. The post restriction him claims would be perfect for that. Him would benefit from playing poorly enough to have Stephoscope out them both as masons as that gives him a bye for today and if Stephoscope gets night killed at any point it makes him look better and more likely to survive so long as him never be enough of a threat to the scum to be worth killing himself during the night. It probably does just be MafiaSSK playing as him does (and Troll be taking the accounts of his play that others have given for this as Troll has no direct experience) but Troll has an active imagination and this be something that resulted from a chance for Troll to let it wander while Troll was explaining how to switch to polar coordinates in a double integral.

Stephoscope be tying himself very closely to roflcopter's apron strings. It be somewhat surprising to Troll that him agrees with all the suspicions that someone else be voicing rather than having any dissenting opinions at all. Troll previously made some inquiries to Yosarian2 and confirmed that Troll could quote the vanilla townie win condition whether Troll shared it or not without getting modkilled. That no makes it any more or less likely that it be Stephoscope's actual win condition but neither does it eliminate any possibilities. Troll also took a look at everything else him has done on these fora and confirmed that there be no reason to think, based on where and what him has posted, that him should believe that masons be should be considered unconfirmed by default in Yosarian2's games which be a bit of a point in his favor. Troll would be happier if Stephoscope, who many (probably most?) view as largely-confirmed town were to take more initiative and strike out on trails that roflcopter no be blazing for him already as him has the luxury of being unlikely to be lynched but also has the burden of being more likely to be night killed and hence some obligation to get the most out of his time here to help the town by sharing all of his personal insights.

Troll will be watching this thread loosely this evening but Troll's attention will largely be elsewhere until Friday. Troll will see all again then.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by image »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
leading question meant to catch another player if not on the spot, but later

WHO WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR MY MISLYNCH WITH THEIR LIVES???????

Come out of hiding cowards. Give me lists. Everyone.
Those presently on DGB's wagon are:

Empking, who has said almost nothing, and provided minimal content. Better than Malyss in that he has at least bothered to vote for someone.

roflcopter, who pushed the zwet lynch and is now pushing yours. At this point I don't see him as likely scum, but his play on zwet does not confirm him as a townie either. Just makes it more likely.

Steph, who claimed
confirmed
mason with SSK. Probably town. I still note that "I am a Daymason, and I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned." could also make sense from the point of view of a scum daymason. In fact, this would be the only way that an unconfirmed mason could be certain his buddy is town aligned: if he himself were scum.

Elvis, I'm pretty much neutral on. Her comment "If I was scum, the list would probably be a mix of town/scum, btw. WIFOM!" struck me as mildly scummy (if you're town, why bother mentioning this?) but she has also had some mildly protown behaviour, and a bit of other scummy behaviour.

IF
DGB flips town (due to lynch, now or later, or NK)
AND
one of the people currently voting for her is scum,
THEN
I would find Empking the most likely to be scum.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1630553#1630553]roflcopter wrote:[/url]dgb, i think you and i have different ideas about bussing and when scum will do it

you seem to think that if there is a vote on scum, there's about a 180% chance that his buddies will go FRAK BUDDY JUST GOT OWNED TIME TO BUS

i think that its a slow build, and in early stages of a wagon scum are much more likely to try to defuse the wagon or bring in an alternate wagon. then there is a tipping point, after which the lynch begins to look inevitable. when the lynch looks inevitable, this is usually a sign that the bussing has begun.
Sure, but how about "FRAK BUDDY JUST SAID SOMETHING THAT MAKES HIM OBVSCUM TIME TO BUS BY CALLING HIM OUT ON IT AND DRIVING HIS WAGON TO PICK UP SOME FREE TOWNIE CRED!"?
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Empking's Alt wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
dgb wrote:I absolutely think that testing roflcopter's pegged scumteam by killing all players on his list would be a disaster for the town.
misrep. steph never said to kill them all no matter what.
I know that he said, parapharasing, "as long as copter's list leads to scum lynch after scum lynch" or some such unrealistic caveat. So I said, "I absolutely think that testing roflcopter's pegged scumteam by killing all players on his list would be a disaster for the town."

The only misrep is yours, bunny.
It looks to me like its your's.
NOTE: IN THE FUTURE, PLEASE TRY TO AVOID POSTING IN THIS GAME WITH ANY ALT ACCOUNTS. I KNOW IT'S AN EASY MISTAKE TO MAKE ON MAFIASCUM, BUT IN THIS GAME ESPECALLY, IT COULD LEAD TO A LOT OF CONFUSION.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by Zorblag »

One last thought for tonight from Troll. If Malyss be town, to a lesser degree if DrippingGoofball be town and especially if both of them be town then Antihero's lack of posting (it has been about 51 hours) makes him much more likely to be scum in Troll's opinion. Him will be forcing you (Troll no will be here to help you make this decision and Troll no be sure what the correct one will be) to decide whether it be better to lynch before his 72 hour timer comes up or wait for it to expire and policy lynch him. If him be town then him has every reason to be posting more regularly so that these sorts of decisions no have to be made (Troll thinks Troll said something about that earlier). If him be scum then him could easily be using that aspect of the rules to try to force a mislynch. If the scum can talk during the day then it be even worse but that seems like something we be unlikely to learn till the game be over.

Now that Troll has said this it could be less likely that him will stay away but causality will be impossible to determine and him has been gone long enough without posting in the situation that we be in that Troll will certainly be taking this into account when judging his alignment in the future once we have information about Malyss and DrippingGoofball. Xtoxm falls into that category to a lesser degree as him no has been gone so long but him still no has posted in about 33 hours.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by image »

@Troll: It strikes me as a really bad idea for Antihero to try to force a mislynch in this way. If he lets his timer run out this way, we have found a scum easily. The only way scum-AH could potentially make use of the "lurker points" is if he, and/or one (or more) of his scumbuddies managed to hammer the Malyss wagon in the time in between when his lurk timer runs out and when the town manages to switch directions and lynch him. And this would give us some obvious lynches tomorrow.

That being said, town must be very careful not to leave anyone at L-1 when a lurker hits his or her 72nd hour, unless the wagon is on the lurker themselves, as a scum in this situation could hammer immediately and guarantee a bonus NK.

We'll also need to be careful of people lurking the 72 hours before a deadline, but the first deadline doesn't come up for a couple of weeks so we don't need to worry about this yet.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Zorblag »

It no be Antihero getting the points that Troll be worried about. It be the fact that the threat him would get them if him were scum might be being used here by a scum Antihero to force a lynch rather than having to deal with the potential scum points at all. Again, it only be an issue if the one who be close to being lynched (Malyss and Dripping Goofball be the two most likely candidates just now) be town. If them be scum then Antihero no be any more likely to be scum than him was simply due to the lurking itself and his other previous actions.

If we play badly enough given the attention that the rules have been shown to actually let any scum get those points then Troll will be most disappointing. Troll no really be that worried that it will come up but that no means that there no be other ways like this that the scum can use the rules against us.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by image »

We don't need to worry much about Antihero-scum being close to getting points, though; there is no threat until he actually gets the points. And then we just lynch him, and he can't ever use them or give them to his scumbuddies. Lurking near the end of the day seems like a great way to draw the lynch to him, rather than force a mislynch of a wagoned townie. I won't worry about AH unless he somehow manages to lurk 72 hours AND live through today.
--The Doctor
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In less than 12 hours from now, we can lynch antihero

I suggest that we do, and that people start moving their votes from improductive wagons. Also, non-voters should massively start voting antihero, in anticipation of zwift punishment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Zorblag »

Yeah, it seems fairly absurd to Troll to think that MafiaSSK might get lynched in the next 12 hours while Troll be away so Troll will
Vote: Anithero
. Troll no be advocating an Antihero lynch before his timer runs out as his lynch no would give nearly as much information in terms of connections to look at as a DrippingGoofball, MafiaSSK or Malyss vote would. With that Troll be off. Troll will be most interested to see what people did in the next little bit when Troll gets back.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:39 am

Post by ortolan »

A policy lynch is undesirable, but necessary

Vote: Antihero
in anticipation

also to reset my lurk-o-meter
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:40 am

Post by ortolan »

necessary; that is, assuming he gets over the 72 hour threshold
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I will vote Antihero once he actually passes 72 hours.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xylthixlm wrote:I will vote Antihero once he actually passes 72 hours.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Malyss
Malyss
Goon
Malyss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Malyss »

Antihero does seem to be making a lurk for it here since he's not posted since Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:45 pm. Given the fast pace and nature of this game, I cannot think of any pro-town excuses for the extent of his lurk thus far. Coupled with the annoyance that he expressed over Tajo's lurk lists, this does not look good.
Antihero wrote:
populartajo [75] wrote:
Official Updated Lurker List

4. Xylthixlm
7. Malyss
9. Empking
10. antihero
13. q21
16. wolfcrier
OK, this is getting annoying. It's fine if you post this every once in a while, but now it's getting to the point of spam.
vote:antihero
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:20 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Malyss, it's all well and good to lynch lurkers... we will have to lynch AH if he goes over 72 hours.

But that vote of yours is a gimme. You still haven't provided any suspicions on anyone. Voting lurkers is something we need to do, but it doesn't take the place of scum hunting.

I hate to admit I could be wrong, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AH has been eaten by sea monkeys, and dgb is right about Malyss being scum.

unvote
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Dammit, the more I think about it, the more I still think dgb is scum. The scum QT comment, I rate as a real slip. (Also, she does really remind me of how she played in the invitational). But Malyss is taking unhelpful to new heights. I think she's been the least helpful of anyone in the game. And I doubt scum would buss at this point, so I think the chances of them both being scum is not good.
Talk nerdy to me.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Mallys

Her latest vote is just a lurker vote and not a good lurker vote either. I reccomend lynching her before the 72 hours are up.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

COUNTDOWN UPDATE

Less than 5 hours to antihero to appear.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What the hell DGB? Why are getting all excited over someone lurking out all of a sudden? Especially after the Malyss wagon has taken ages to grow.

Good post from Emp. 2 Mores votes needed to lynch Malyss.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And he had 6 and half hours, actually.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am

Post by roflcopter »

elvis_knits wrote:
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

has*
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:20 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:21 am

Post by populartajo »

Just a question to all the antivote voters?
You realize that all the poeple lurking and active lurkign, he is the least possible zet scumpartner, right?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”