Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Zilla »

I'm switching to Jebus on the notion that he could be trying to protect a townie this way so that he gains from a town-flip. Regardless, a scum AJ implicates both Jebus and Grimmy.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:40 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I dislike the fact that jebus ignored my response to his questions of me.
Not a dayvig.
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:05 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

The Fonz replaces pacman281292. Now to root through the sentbox and find that role PM...
[b]Co-Mod account for StrangerCoug and MafiaSSK for Hell Aboard the [i]Purple Flower[/i] and Monopoly Mafia[/b]
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

sorry i've been in portland and realized i didn't hit submit on the change of my sig so no one knew i was gone. sorry for that everyone. catching up.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

On the charter wagon, funnily enough, it's the instigators rather than the jumpers who look scummy. Really looks like you went, 'oh! He proposed a bad plan! SCUM!' (which never actually happens) without even trying to engage him on the merits of the argument or gauge his sincerity. Later on, the fakeclaim etc meant he had to die. Braeden's active lurking whilst pushing a town wagon looks the scummiest, imho.

Grimmy does absolutely zero scumhunting, for the first few pages after replacing in. Also decides to produce a list of possible name-role combinations, and goshdarnit if that isn't antitown if he's part of the town.

I feel that Nightfall is wrong on the whole joke vote bandwagon (well, except in newbie games- i was once hammered in a newbie game because i got a couple of random 'ehhh!' type votes, then someone voted me for being a patriots fan, then another n00b hammered me because it was two days into the game and no-one had died yet). I often find that baseless bandwagoning is a great way to unsettle people and get them to drop small clues as to alignment.

My God, page 11 is an active lurkfest.
Grimmy wrote: I made a post based on my first read through.
my check-ins are to let everyone know im still in the game and to not get prodded or replaced.
yet this is vote worthy?
Yes, yes it is.

you make it sound like I am the ONLY person in this game who hasnt contributed.
Cut-throat defence. If you didn't inherently think undercontribution is scummy, then it wouldn't matter whether other people are doing it.

Acfan is full of win here.
Alabaska J wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:Grimmy seemed incredibly anti-town
i don't think i'd go that far.
I would.
Nightfall wrote:My issues with the wagon were that
1. By the time the 6th vote was cast, 50% of the votes were on one player
2. None of the players voting that player gave a (serious) reason for their vote
3. When questioned about their votes those users would become confrontational and attack players that questioned their vote.
1. Did you expect the first or second players to give serious reasons for their votes?
2. See above.
3. Well, I tend to think that overreacting to RVS bandwagons that aren't actually in danger of lynching anyone are something of a scumtell. Not a huge tell, because some people are just annoyingly overcautious. But worth a vote.
Zilla wrote: I'm debating on whether we should examine his wagon, or examine the people calling to examine his wagon. I'm leaning more toward the latter, I think Charter's lynch was mostly town led and scum are trying to capitalize on that.
I disagree; could you explain why you think that?

If we're going the other route and examining the wagon, I'm suspicious how how Megatheory's vote carried all the way from RVS to lynch, even though his vote wasn't all that random.
I'm not at all suspicious, given that he flaked two weeks before the lynch actually happened. His posts felt a tiny bit dodgy to me in a way i can't really put my finger on, but what you cited is not a reason for suspicion.

343 makes me feel better about Zilla.

Jebus with more active lurking. IESUS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
Jebus wrote:You replaced Yawetog, who I found scummy. You are not scummy, and I tend to trust replacements, so I unvoted and went to my other choice.
Significant craplogic here.

Roleblocker is a very easy scum claim, for obvious reasons.
Jebus wrote:
Vote: Alabaska

For the sake of having my vote somewhere at the moment.
BE MORE SCUM.
ac1983fan wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
who replaced gamma? if they or ac can confirm my ability that would help.
I have no night choice, and I cannot confirm you have the ability to role block.
Meh, that's rolefishing of the classic sense, since it's presented in a reasonable-sounding manner, but will tell you if the player in question is a PR.

Oh God, Braeden was still in this game?

458: I'm sorry, Jebus, but I don't see how you could have Zilla as your LEAST SUSPICIOUS PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE GAME if you found Yawetag scummy.

Re: Edgar Mallory, I tend to think if it were made up, he would just have claimed 'Go to jail.'
Zilla wrote:The claim of the officer is still suspicious, even though it's a part of the monopoly game. It conflicts with the Get Out Of Jail Free card being protown.
OGM.
Zilla wrote: If scum knows their fellow scummates aren't lurkers, they can easily lead mislynches against lurkers. Therefore, in prosecuting lurkers, it should couple their lack of valid response in their posts with actual arguments against them.
Lurking is scummy, PRECISELY because it makes it impossible to make a case based on their posts.

Jebus is the play, people. THough I want to know what has happened with Braeden.

Vote: Jebus
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:21 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

Looking for replacements for Braeden and ooba.
[b]Co-Mod account for StrangerCoug and MafiaSSK for Hell Aboard the [i]Purple Flower[/i] and Monopoly Mafia[/b]
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Zilla »

I disagree; could you explain why you think that?
Charter's play and response was significantly poor, so much so that scum didn't have to even do anything to get him lynched. It's possible, however, that they "started the fire" because it was safe to do so. Still, the ones who analyze charter's wagon should be looked at closely, as they may be leading town away from the scum on the wagon.

Good to see our replacement has some integrity, which has been lacking so far.

Megatheories' long post against charter seems like seizing the reigns, but afterward, he's content to let others do the talking and leave his vote there. That's an example of "We didn't start the fire," though he clearly did.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnny Ray...
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Jebus wrote:
i'll probably be lynched, but here's one last analysis for use
when i turn up town
This bothers me. A lot.
i thought i was about to be lynched by the deadline. i was mistaken.

god with all the replacements in this game, analysis is so difficult

jebus' inconsistency from yawetag to zilla bothers me as well, as does his "why not" attitude at the beginning of the game. seems kinda like a cop-out instead of providing an actual answer as to why he supports doing one thing. also unvoting charter at the time he did bothers me a little. especially since his attitude towards charter earlier in the game seemed to have to do with challenging his "i dare you to lynch me" assertion, i find it odd that he was worried enough about charter being hammered as to unvote. while i don't find worrying about a quickhammer to be scummy, when compared with said earlier behavior, I become suspicious that the person in question is just trying look town.

braeden needs to be replaced. ironically enough, his last post (1.5 months ago) was saying that he was not actually being replaced.

good first post by the fonz

ooba NEEDS to also be replaced

the two people nightfall argued with the most both died and turned up town. and his 33rd post and its ethos-based argument rubs me the wrong way. actually the way he argued that whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.

zilla what argument exactly have i not responded to? i'm sure its there but other than you wanting me to talk about everyone in the game, i can't see what i haven't responded to…please help me out here.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Jebus »

I'm back around after being in, wouldn't ya know, a Monopoly tournament. I lost in the third (and final) round, came in second. Good fun :3

The Fonz - Is it active lurking if I'm not around to hop on a computer and post here? Not really. I've been busy recently, my time to read up on mafia pages I missed and play was pretty limited in the last few weeks, nothing I could have done about that :/

My take on Zilla is this - Yawetog was scummy indeed, but not enough that I'd automatically condemn his replacement. Looking at Zilla in isolation, I'd have to be pretty dumb to find her scummy at all. I can't really hold something a previous player did to botch the record of a player that hasn't done anything at all to make me think scum. So in my read on Zilla, I leave Yawetog out.

As for my not voting Alabaska - I do believe it wouldn't hurt to leave him around for now. No need to kill a claimed power role while we still have a full day to discuss other possible options. Yes, I find AlaJ scummy, but scummy is relative - AlaJ is not scummy compared to what you'd find in an average game, but scummier than everyone else in this particular game. ac1993fan is almost as scummy as AlaJ, imo, and attention needs to be shifted to notice a change in anything. Just because I'm voting somewhere else doesn't push my suspicion of AlaJ out the window :/

Now that I think about it, the flavour of Edgar Mallory fits, the Go To Jail space is one of my favorite spots on the board, it saves from the icky high-priced spaces on the home-stretch of the board. So I can definitely see how this goes either way. Also make note this, other than my interest in changing the attention, is pretty much the only reason I'm not voting AlaJ.

ac1993fan, I didn't ignore your response, it just appears I missed it. I've got very little to say on it, other than the fact that you're almost completely neutral on everyone, picking out easy targets - Zilla as town, a self-voting Gamma as slightly scummy. The only exception is Nightfall, who even then could be passed off as town pretty easily. What about Grimmy? What about AlaJ? I'm sure you've got an opinion other than neutral on those two, eh?

I had nothing previously on Pacman, and pro-town feeling from Fonz's only post so far, so nothing to say there.

Mod: Request that Ooba/Gamma gets replaced before Braeden

@AlaJ in the post above me, the 'why not' attitude at the beginning of the game is meant to get something going. What am I supposed to do at the beginning of a mafia game?
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by StrangerSSK »

Jebus wrote:
Mod: Request that Ooba/Gamma gets replaced before Braeden
Denied. Unless it's
REALLY
necessary for me to do otherwise (
Edit:
or the replacer specifically names his or her desired replacee), I select the role the replacer gets at random if there's more than one available. —SC
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by Zilla »

Jebus, why would you request Ooba before Braeden?
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Jebus wrote: ac1993fan, I didn't ignore your response, it just appears I missed it. I've got very little to say on it, other than the fact that you're almost completely neutral on everyone, picking out easy targets - Zilla as town, a self-voting Gamma as slightly scummy. The only exception is Nightfall, who even then could be passed off as town pretty easily. What about Grimmy? What about AlaJ? I'm sure you've got an opinion other than neutral on those two, eh?=
I didn't even think of AlaJ, because he just crossed my mind... I do think he is scum though. Grimmy I'm more neutral on, but his behavior was antitown.
Not a dayvig.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Jebus »

Zilla wrote:Jebus, why would you request Ooba before Braeden?
See page 9, post 200. Ooba replaced Gamma. With the replacement for them, we've got something to pick on, as opposed to Braeden, who's done practically nothing thus far.
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

ac1983fan has requested replacement.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Jebus wrote:
Zilla wrote:Jebus, why would you request Ooba before Braeden?
See page 9, post 200. Ooba replaced Gamma. With the replacement for them, we've got something to pick on, as opposed to Braeden, who's done practically nothing thus far.
agreed.

also sorry to hear about ac1983fan.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:09 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

Deadline is now May 1 at 9:00 PM EDT/7:00 PM MDT.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Alabaska J »

anybody here?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I've been thinking of something: Should the rule on modkilling for discussing ongoings be relaxed to a warning? One of the people I tried to get to replace in him won't do it because I modkilled him in our other game for this (unfairly, he says), and a warning is what MafiaSSK gave Nightfall in this game for the same thing.

I'll put this to a vote, and if I get a majority to agree to the proposed change, I'll edit it into the rules. Future games will have this rule relaxed. You
CAN
keep voting after May 1 (just PM me), and it's unnecessary to unvote your lynch candidate to vote for the proposed change.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Whoever it is I say let them in. We need people.
I'm off site for a day and we've lost yet another player...

@Fonz

1&2.
"Did you expect the first or second players to give serious reasons for their votes?"
I would expect them to answer my questioning about metagaming instead of acting really scummy and clique like.

"Well, I tend to think that overreacting to RVS bandwagons that aren't actually in danger of lynching anyone are something of a scumtell. "
We seem to have differing definitions of overreacting...
Charter, Gamma, Jebus, and EMP (to a degree) seemed to be acting on some sort
of out of game metagame rule. They seemed to act as a clique. When they were
questioned they seemed to reply with snappy comebacks instead of addressing
other players concerns.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Nightfall wrote:Whoever it is I say let them in. We need people.
It's not that I'm refusing to allow the player; it's that the player refuses to replace into this game since I'm modding it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Jebus »

StrangerCoug wrote:
I've been thinking of something: Should the rule on modkilling for discussing ongoings be relaxed to a warning? One of the people I tried to get to replace in him won't do it because I modkilled him in our other game for this (unfairly, he says), and a warning is what MafiaSSK gave Nightfall in this game for the same thing.

I'll put this to a vote, and if I get a majority to agree to the proposed change, I'll edit it into the rules. Future games will have this rule relaxed. You
CAN
keep voting after May 1 (just PM me), and it's unnecessary to unvote your lynch candidate to vote for the proposed change.
If it'll get a replacement in here, I'm all for relaxing the rule.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Zilla »

Personally, I think the severity of the punishment should befit the severity of the breach. Obviously that rule is there for a reason, and the reason is to protect ongoing games from influencing each other. I'd say modkilling is warranted in situations where someone does something that actively influences the games, and not warranted when it's something benign or will not impact the other game.

For instance, "He was scum in this game where he was already lynched, and he had similar behavior" is more for warning than for modkilling, while "We're (living) masons in this (ongoing) game, so I know what she thinks like" is total grounds for modkilling.

Vote: Use good judgment when enforcing the rule

Nite, I'm not sure I'm picking up what you're laying down there. It's alright if you thought that, but I didn't get that feeling from that group. Further, even if that was the case, it appears not to be a scumtell judging by two of the people there being dead townies.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Zilla wrote:Personally, I think the severity of the punishment should befit the severity of the breach. Obviously that rule is there for a reason, and the reason is to protect ongoing games from influencing each other. I'd say modkilling is warranted in situations where someone does something that actively influences the games, and not warranted when it's something benign or will not impact the other game.

For instance, "He was scum in this game where he was already lynched, and he had similar behavior" is more for warning than for modkilling, while "We're (living) masons in this (ongoing) game, so I know what she thinks like" is total grounds for modkilling.

Vote: Use good judgment when enforcing the rule
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: Kill the noob

Being subjective about this opens up a GIGANTIC can of worms.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”