Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 am

Post by don_johnson »

Ice9 wrote:Don, you intend to be watching spring tonight, yes?
i am not sure yet.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:20 am

Post by TonyMontana »

springlullaby wrote:I think this should worry me.
The non response to my card flip question is intentional, yes? :P
Deadline is Wednesday 11pm CET (5pm EST)
:p
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 am

Post by sekinj »

spring: No. I'm not going to respond point by point. It's pointless. If you'd like to make a case against me while being objective and with current information I'll have no problems satisfing your request for a point by point response. As it is, that post is just the same old stuff we went back and forth about before you left. and if you recall, I told you I was done with that.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by springlullaby »

sekinj wrote:spring: No. I'm not going to respond point by point. It's pointless. If you'd like to make a case against me while being objective and with current information I'll have no problems satisfing your request for a point by point response. As it is, that post is just the same old stuff we went back and forth about before you left. and if you recall, I told you I was done with that.
Contrarily to what you are saying, you have not responded to any of the points I have addressed against you. If that is not the case, please provide links.

I will also address your un-backed comment as to my objectivity: if you intend to imply that I am not objective in my case, please point out why you think.

As to 'current information', if you mean your cop claim:

1) You claim changes nothing, and it should not.

2) If anything, it makes you look more scummy:

- You have reproached me (falsely) my play as a power role, saying that I was wrong because I wasn't scumhunting. This is not in line with you being town PR as it would require immense hypocrisy on your part considering that your scumhunting has been non-existent before being called upon.

If you are town, it is in town's interest for you to reply seriously to any accusation levelled at you. It is however very much scum MO to try to dismiss cases.
At the moment I see no reason to change my vote: there is nothing valid in sekinj's play beside a claim.

My predication are:

If sekinj flips scum: Goat is the next lynch.

If sekinj flips town, one if not both of RC and Don is scum.
@Ice, why do you insist that I protect Lynx?

Have you considered that with Jebus' flip, who was almost certainly sane, the probability that I may be insane is very high?

My position on night action is that no plan should be formulated in advance.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Ebwop the 'quote 70' were meant to be between hr tags.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by sekinj »

Spring: Quote me one time when I said you were not scumhunting. What I have repeatedly said is I did not like your play or your attitude and that you should doing more to help the town. That means don't lurk whenever it suites your fancy.

And anyone (except you) can see that you are not objective in your suspicion of me.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by springlullaby »

sekinj wrote:Spring: Quote me one time when I said you were not scumhunting. What I have repeatedly said is I did not like your play or your attitude and that you should doing more to help the town. That means don't lurk whenever it suites your fancy.
Damn you for making me do all this work.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 04#1596304
sekinj wrote:my limit, huh? I'm not trying to tell you how to play... I'm simply saying that you should play. Lurking through most of the last two days is not helpful. I don't buy the excuses you've made for it.
If all our power roles just sat in the background and tried not to get lynched, the town would lose every time.

I hope you don't keep the same playstyle if I am in a future game with you.
Bold mine. What is implied here is that I have not contributed or scumhunted - which would be a valid ground for criticism from a town player toward another player. Were it justified. I do not think it is the case, and I have called you upon this.

This is the third time I'm catching you in backtracking.

Misrepresentation is scummy in itself, it is doubly so here because you have shown continued bad faith in your replies.

Add in the hypocrisy and the only question which remains is, why should I think you are town?
And anyone (except you) can see that you are not objective in your suspicion of me.
Unjustified statement remains unjustified no matter how many times you repeat it.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by sekinj »

spring - enough. I don't care what you think anymore. Do whatever you want to do.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by springlullaby »

sekinj, what is the meaning of your reply.

If you are town, why are you not able to justify yourself.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Rhinox wrote:Goat, you do realize you contradict yourself a couple times in that last post right?

The major contradiction being:
goat wrote:I don't have anything substantial on Spolium.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of role claims, I still think Spolium is our best lynch, strictly on behavior.
The minor contradiction being that you feel strongly that at least one of the claimed PR's is scum, but you'd rather lynch a player you don't have anything substantial on.
It's not a contradiction. What I mean by substantial is that there isn't any one post or any one thing Spolium has done that you can pick out and say "This is why he's scum." It's more a collective feeling over time that he's playing it safe, and is not genuine in his suspicion. You are attributing that to the idea that I don't really think Spolium is scum, which is wrong. I don't have a strong case against him because he hasn't been overtly scummy, but I do think his play adds up to him being scum regardless.

As for the minor contradiction, again I don't see anything contradictory. I pointed out that we should lynch strictly on behavior. Behavior points to Spolium as the most likely to be scum. Just because I believe that at least one of the claimed roles is probably lying doesn't mean that I advocate our lynch should be one of the claimed roles. In fact, I think we should put aside role claims and stick to behavioral analysis. My analysis is that Spolium is scum. He wasn't one of the claimed roles, so be it.

Also, there are 4 claimed roles. There are 5 unclaimed or vanilla claimed. If 1 claimed role is lying, that's 1/4. If there are 2 scum remaining, then going for an unclaimed is 1/5. You're kind of splitting hairs there, especially because scum could all be unclaimed, or all be claimed, etc. Behavior over role claim.
springlullaby wrote: If sekinj flips scum: Goat is the next lynch.

Reasons?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Spolium »

Goat, there are FIVE claimed roles.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Spolium wrote:Goat, there are FIVE claimed roles.
Are we talking claimed players in general or claimed players with non-vanilla roles? I'm seeing 5 claimed players, 4 roles. Doc, Cop, Cop, Watcher, Vanilla. Am I missing anything?

Also, I'm surprised you addressed that seemingly unimportant point of confusion yet have no comments on anything I've said about you. Do you agree with my assessment of your play?

Question: Why was I second on your "players I am fine with lynching" list day 2? Process of Elimination? Actual suspicion?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Vote Count

Mob Angry
Town Weary
Smelly Fridge
Outdated Dairy

L-2
sekjin
(3) springlullaby, don_johnson, lynx
L-2
Spolium
(3) goatrevolt, Ice9, RedCoyote

Not Voting: (4) Spolium | Rhinox | sekjin

With 9 people alive, it takes
5 votes to lynch

Deadline: Apr 22nd, 11pm CET
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Spolium »

Goatrevolt wrote:Are we talking claimed players in general or claimed players with non-vanilla roles? I'm seeing 5 claimed players, 4 roles. Doc, Cop, Cop, Watcher, Vanilla. Am I missing anything?
No, I was mistaken (forgot to discount the dead doc :\).
Also, I'm surprised you addressed that seemingly unimportant point of confusion yet have no comments on anything I've said about you.
I didn't address your whole post because the number of claims point stood out as something which could be cleared up prior to a proper reply. I had also missed the examples of "safe play" which you pointed out a page or two back; I will address those now.
Do you agree with my assessment of your play?
Not really, though I can see why you might've reached that conclusion.

To address your points more specifically:
Goat (1017) wrote:Early day 2, gave the impression of disbelief of Spring's claim. I argued in favor of Spring not being scum, he backed down.
(1)
There is also stuff like day 1 his assertion of Ice avoiding him, which was quite the exaggeration, coupled with his later statement that "Ice9 felt town." Granted, he had backed off Ice by the end of day 1, but it was more of a "nobody else sees what I see in Ice, so I'll back off" not a "he feels town" kind of thing.
(2)
1. Didn't I explain this at the time? I wasn't especially disbelieving of Spring's claim, but I posited a double claim gambit as a possibility. Your argument did a lot to put it's feasibility into perspective, but then I never pushed it with conviction because I didn't view it as an overly strong point.

2. I explained this when it was brought up before (see #638 and #640) - remember, when you were pushing the past tense in "Ice9 rung town" as deceptive?

Was there any other behaviour which you considered "playing it safe"? What about my outright defence of Budja - was I playing it safe then? Was I playing it safe when I argued with you/Ice, or (later) RC?

It's odd that you've hopped between "Spolium is generally playing it safe, so I can't really provide evidence in the form of his posts" and pointing out specific instances in which you think I was playing it safe, where you could easily have referred to a couple of posts to illustrate the point. I don't quite understand why - it seems like you're trying not to invest too heavily in your case against me.
Question: Why was I second on your "players I am fine with lynching" list day 2? Process of Elimination? Actual suspicion?
Answer: As I said already, the contrast between your play D1 and D2/D3 was significant enough that I considered you to be a valid target for investigation.
Ice9
Ice9
Townie
Ice9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Ice9 »

I could also lynch Red Coyote, now that I think about it. He and Spolium are the only ones who I'm willing to go for.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Spolium 1002 wrote:Where are you getting this from? I'm pointing out that all but one case on me relies heavily on circumstantial evidence, which gives everyone a free pass to hop on without the risk of inaccurately declaring my play to be scummy. I'm a safe bet for scum, so I find my wagon suspicious as hell. Where are you getting this from? I'm pointing out that all but one case on me relies heavily on circumstantial evidence, which gives everyone a free pass to hop on without the risk of inaccurately declaring my play to be scummy. I'm a safe bet for scum, so I find my wagon suspicious as hell.
And how did it get to be this way? How come the wagon didn't get moved to Ice, me, or Goat? We're all other choices that fit circumstantially. Are all of us scum?
Spolium 1002 wrote:As I said before, I can't defend myself effectively from a process of elimination.
You say this as though you've had no say on the way this game has moved.
Spolium 1002 wrote:Further to this, I can't really justify pushing a case on Goat when he's not here to defend himself, and I'm certainly not going to push a case just to save my own skin.
And that's your perogative, but don't then turn around and jump on me as if I've been tunneling you through the evils of "process of elimination". I made it clear pretty early on today that I wasn't interested in lynching any claimed power roles (notwithstanding very, very early suspicions of spring that were based on knee-jerk reactions I had). I made it clear my suspects today were you, sekinj, and Goat. I contend that the only two parties that were ever considered by more than one player today have been, well, you and sekinj. You've had just as much to say about that as anyone else.
Spolium 1002 wrote:I know that my flip isn't going to reveal squat about Spring, particularly if she's a quack doc who doesn't kill town.
If you are scum I think it will increase the odds that she could be. With two Doctors and two Cop claims, differing sanities
are
more plausible, right?
Spolium 1002 wrote:How would we know that sekinj is the insane cop in those circumstances?
Well, we could speculate a number of scenarios. What's to say sekinj is even a Cop at all?

Eventually some sort of action must be taken Spolium.
Spolium 1002 wrote:Interesting turn of phrase. Do you study martial arts at all?
Oh, no, hehe. I was just in a bit of a fun loving mood on Friday I suppose.

---
sekinj 1003 wrote:I DID NOT say that plonky not sending in a vote was "not a big deal" I'm furious at plonky for that. that was stupid and show a lack of regard for all the other players and the game. i SAID that it wasnt' a big deal that I didn't spout everything I knew in one post, but rather used two posts, one right after the other. why is that a big deal??
Because it makes it seem as though you could care less about your results and their significance. It makes you seem, consequently, less like a Cop.
sekinj 1003 wrote:1) someone has to be vulnerable.
2) if don/spring just watch/protect each other, the scum will just pick off the cop and the town will know NOTHING the next day. (this of course changed with point number 3).
3) I created those scenarios BEFORE lynx claimed
1) It should be you, without argument.
2) Assuming you are Cop, and assuming that Lynx isn't Cop, and assuming that the power roles don't do anything sneaky... that's a lot of assumptions you're making just for the sake of protection.
3) Then you should retract any plans you have created/supported based on the new information
sekinj 1003 wrote:because when you actually voted you stated it was ONLY to pressure him.
It's fine that you don't pay attention to my suspects, but don't, then, come complain to me because I'm not making it clear enough for you each and every post. If you weren't aware that I've already had problems with Goat, then that's on you.
sekinj 1003 wrote:you are asking why we should discuss??? in case you didn't know scum kill townies and power roles at night. someone with town alignment will die tonight. I would rather discuss NOW whiel that person is still alive...
Supporting a mass claim because "we need to discuss it" is extremely counter-productive. If that's the case why not just mass claim D1? That way everyone can discuss before someone dies.

I mean, why do you need to know what Rhinox claims in order to lynch Spolium? It doesn't make sense to me, it just gives the mafia a better picture of the setup, or, if Rhinox is mafia, it allows for more misinformation to seep in and confuse us/our night actions.

---
Lynx 1006 wrote:RC, a two docs, two cops and a watcher is just plain ridiculous for a mini regardless of sanity. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen a mini close to this. Thats why I think somebody's lying.
I think it's very possible that you or sekinj is lying, I'm just saying it's not worth the risk trying to prove that fact at this stage in the game.
Lynx 1007 wrote:I meant to say in my last post that no cop in his right mind would investigate one of those poweroles and risk losing an investigation over clearing a townie.
Well, I'd like to think that with at least two Cops and two Doctors, I may very well have been a target during N1. I think you understand my point though.

---
spring 1008 wrote:a) It is a mistake to expect any kind of information to be generated from night actions: scum have perfect information on that score and manipulations are easy.

b) The only way to play the day game is to judge gameplays only, and this starting now or we will get entangled into endless speculations.

c) None of the proposed night action plans work because we don't know the sanities of the claimed power. Not expanding on this but if I can see holes through it, so can scum.

d) Mass claiming is stupid: scum will lie, town will not. Under the present circumstances in which there is no deductive advantages to be gained from claims because of the screwy setup, massclaiming is simply akin to handing scum all the cards with no return benefit.
a) Don't agree with this, how do scum have perfect information on sanities?

b) Partially agree

c) Tough to accept this; we accepted this premise yesterday and it ended up hurting the town.

d) Agree 100%
spring 1008 wrote:
@Red Coyote
, why did you feel the need to notify Ice9 upon his replacement back that you and I both considered his slot to be town?
Because he asked for help to catch him up to speed and I only knew our stances toward Ice (sekinj's were just written if I recall and the rest of the players hadn't updated in a while).

---
don 1013 wrote:RC: how does lynching spolium clear up sanity issues? i will look in the wiki, but i don't see how spolium's alignment would clear that up. if we lynch someone, it should be because we find them scummiest. i don't think we have enough info to determine sanities at this point.
If I said "clear up" than I misspoke, it would only help to clear it up. If Spolium is scum that means that spring has never used her powers on a town member, meaning we she is still quite possibly a Quack. If you end up dying tomorrow, we can virtually guarantee that to be the case.

---
Goat 1017 wrote:RC: I can't really address your suspicion on me because it's entirely based upon my absence. I understand that doesn't make me look pro-town in any sense, but I also don't see how that paints me as scum. Do you have anything from my play that leads you to believe I'm scum, or is it just my sparse posting as of late?
Well, you've managed to lurk your way past most every important role claim in this game. Your play is inconsistent, as we've documented time and again. You've ignored questions and asked questions without showing much of an interest in following up with them. As I've noted before, I think a case can be made for you attempting to covertly derail a Budja lynch by means of turning the discussion toward less important matters.

I'm sorry if you're having reality issues, but if you want my opinion, I'm still only content with your or Spolium's lynching today, and I feel as though Spolium has more going for him as a townie than you do.
Goat 1017 wrote:I highly doubt all 5 of those roles are telling the truth. I would not put it past 1 or two of them to be scum. Here's a novel idea. Let's lynch based on behavior analysis, not role claims. Who feels like scum, and who feels like town, regardless of their alleged role claims or not. Seriously.
I don't agree with this. This seems like an unneccessarily risky thing to do at this point in time. The claimed roles all kind of protect one another by virtue of just being alive tonight.

It's kind of strange how you bring this up and then basically call all the role claims townish or "Not lynch priorities" (Well, except for sekinj).
Goat 1017 wrote:The one nagging thing at my mind is that I believe he is suspicious of Sekinj, yet a recent post of his was written in more of a light tone, which doesn't express true suspicion. I'll look into that more.
If we lynch sekinj, and she's town, then Lynx could die without anything new. If, as spring has been able to point out through her questions of the Mod, sanities aren't revealed upon death, we get literally nothing usable from either Cop going into D4.

If we leave sekinj alive, I feel very strongly that Lynx will also be left alive.

But I'm having trouble understanding why you'd be more comfortable on the sekinj wagon than the Spolium wagon... just because you think that my vote for Spolium is less sincere?
Goat 1017 wrote:I'm willing to claim if necessary. I don't see any reason not to go through with a mass claim at this point.
To protect the integrity of what remaining secrecy we have left? The only thing the town has on the mafia inherently is their specific role, why should anyone be in a rush to reveal it?

---
spring 1019 wrote:The non response to my card flip question is intentional, yes?
I'm assuming the worst.
spring 1028 wrote:1) [sekinj's] claim changes nothing, and it should not.
Why? Why risk killing a Cop when Lynx has counter-claimed her? If we don't lynch Lynx
or
sekinj, then we'll likely have one to work with tomorrow.
spring 1028 wrote:My predication are:

If sekinj flips scum: Goat is the next lynch.

Lining up lynches is uncalled for and unnecessary.

The former is seemingly senseless, other than to argue that Goat was making the case that sekinj is scum but just
slightly
less than Spolium.

The latter is dismissive of the reasons I've stated as to why don is a much more townie player in this game than he has been given credit for, it absolves multiple players, and it ignores sanities.

---
Ice 1039 wrote:I could also lynch Red Coyote, now that I think about it. He and Spolium are the only ones who I'm willing to go for.
You sure are intent on getting the mass claim, aren't you? One way or the other.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Spolium »

RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:Where are you getting this from? I'm pointing out that all but one case on me relies heavily on circumstantial evidence, which gives everyone a free pass to hop on without the risk of inaccurately declaring my play to be scummy. I'm a safe bet for scum, so I find my wagon suspicious as hell.
And how did it get to be this way? How come the wagon didn't get moved to Ice, me, or Goat? We're all other choices that fit circumstantially. Are all of us scum?
This is utterly irrelevant to my point.
RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:As I said before, I can't defend myself effectively from a process of elimination.
You say this as though you've had no say on the way this game has moved.
You say this as though anything I could've said would've made a difference to how you feel about other players.
RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:Further to this, I can't really justify pushing a case on Goat when he's not here to defend himself, and I'm certainly not going to push a case just to save my own skin.
And that's your perogative, but don't then turn around and jump on me as if I've been tunneling you through the evils of "process of elimination".
You
have
decided that I'm the best choice for a vote, by a process of elimination, however you word it.

Why are you trying to play it down, if you think that your process for finding me to be the best lynch is valid?
RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:I know that my flip isn't going to reveal squat about Spring, particularly if she's a quack doc who doesn't kill town.
If you are scum I think it will increase the odds that she could be. With two Doctors and two Cop claims, differing sanities
are
more plausible, right?
From your perspective perhaps, but
I know that my flip isn't going to reveal squat about Spring
RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:
RC wrote:If we know sanities are a factor (and you coming up as scum would help that, don being killed would nearly prove it) then we have more reason to believe our Cops. If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane, we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop, giving us another mafia in Rhinox.
How would we know that sekinj is the insane cop in those circumstances?
Well, we could speculate a number of scenarios. What's to say sekinj is even a Cop at all?

Speculate? No, RC, you said: "
If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane,
we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop
, giving us another mafia in Rhinox
". How did you know that Sekinj would be the insane cop, unless you could verify that Lynx's information was accurate?

vote: RedCoyote
for scumslip, and for being a manipulative bastard over the past couple of pages.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

"Speculate? No, RC, you said: " If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane, we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop, giving us another mafia in Rhinox". How did you know that Sekinj would be the insane cop, unless you could verify that Lynx's information was accurate? "

This is a good point here... I overlooked it initially. If Sekinj is the insane cop, how does that make me mafia? Presumably, that would mean lynx would be a sane cop, and lynx is the one with an innocent on me :?:*headscratch*
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Spolium »

Rhinox wrote:This is a good point here... I overlooked it initially. If Sekinj is the insane cop, how does that make me mafia? Presumably, that would mean lynx would be a sane cop, and lynx is the one with an innocent on me :?:*headscratch*
If sekinj is an insane cop then Lynx could not be the sane cop; he would be scum.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by sekinj »

Spolium wrote:
Rhinox wrote:This is a good point here... I overlooked it initially. If Sekinj is the insane cop, how does that make me mafia? Presumably, that would mean lynx would be a sane cop, and lynx is the one with an innocent on me :?:*headscratch*
If sekinj is an insane cop then Lynx could not be the sane cop; he would be scum.
given his claim, I've also ruled out that he is a godfather. If he was a godfather he'd be sitting pretty with an inno result, rather than putting him self out there with a counter. So either I am sane, or he is scum (from my pov)
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Hey I got some work to do the next couple of days. V/LA until Wednesday.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Spolium »

Wednesday is deadline, Lynx. Is there no chance you'll be able to contribute before then?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by springlullaby »

RedCoyote wrote:
spring 1028 wrote:1) [sekinj's] claim changes nothing, and it should not.
Why? Why risk killing a Cop when Lynx has counter-claimed her? If we don't lynch Lynx
or
sekinj, then we'll likely have one to work with tomorrow.
Then what?
If Lynx dies tonight, what does that make of sekinj?
If sekinj dies tonight, how does that affect lynx alignment?

Waiting after the scum move is never a good idea, and this especially in the current situation as this is not a 'only one of them can be telling the truth' situation - if one of them get NK'd, it would say nothing of the other's alignment.

What do you think.
The former is seemingly senseless, other than to argue that Goat was making the case that sekinj is scum but just
slightly
less than Spolium.
No, I think it is more probable that Goat's play is weak distancing. In any case, I have Goat as scummy independently of sekinj's alignment.

The latter is dismissive of the reasons I've stated as to why don is a much more townie player in this game than he has been given credit for, it absolves multiple players, and it ignores sanities.
I'm willing to put blind faith in your defence of Don for now, but no much longer.

Because he asked for help to catch him up to speed and I only knew our stances toward Ice (sekinj's were just written if I recall and the rest of the players hadn't updated in a while).
I think your post was very bizarre, and may possibly be buddying/coaching.

I'm not voting Spolium. I think he is 50/50, with play a bit on the indecisive side. But I also think there are better probabilities.

Here I'll note that lynching Spolium to presumably uncover my sanity is totally dumb and stupid and is absolutely not a valid reason.

If the sekinj lynch doesn't go through, I will settle for Goat.

I think Goat's play has been lackluster D1, and regardless of justification for MIA etc, he has been lying low for 2 days.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Spolium wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 1002 wrote:
RC wrote:If we know sanities are a factor (and you coming up as scum would help that, don being killed would nearly prove it) then we have more reason to believe our Cops. If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane, we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop, giving us another mafia in Rhinox.
How would we know that sekinj is the insane cop in those circumstances?

Speculate? No, RC, you said: "
". How did you know that Sekinj would be the insane cop, unless you could verify that Lynx's information was accurate?
This tidbit is interesting, it doesn't actually make sense that I can determine from either of you.

Spolium, explain better where the scumslip is at please.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Spolium 1041 wrote:You say this as though anything I could've said would've made a difference to how you feel about other players.
Yeah, it could've. Remember when I asked you to be more aggressive?
Spolium 1041 wrote:Why are you trying to play it down, if you think that your process for finding me to be the best lynch is valid?
Because you're painting me as though I'm unfairly out to get you, which isn't the case.
Spolium 1041 wrote:Speculate? No, RC, you said: "
".
Wait, you're right, the Cops can't be sane/insane. I was thinking sekinj would have to be insane because Lynx's positive on Jebus, but then the report on Lynx wouldn't fit.

Hmm. So, Spolium, do you think both Cops/Doctors are sane, or is someone lying?

---
spring 1047 wrote:Then what?
If Lynx dies tonight, what does that make of sekinj?
If sekinj dies tonight, how does that affect lynx alignment?
Like I said in my last post, I don't agree that all night actions are useless in this game. The mafia don't know who/if Lynx/sekinj will visit, and I, for one, want that information in any decision we make tomorrow.
spring 1047 wrote:Waiting after the scum move is never a good idea, and this especially in the current situation as this is not a 'only one of them can be telling the truth' situation - if one of them get NK'd, it would say nothing of the other's alignment.
And? Killing sekinj won't either. If sekinj is a Cop, and her sanity isn't revealed (which we can expect), we still won't know anything about her Lynx report.

Moreover, I know this isn't an either or situation, which is precisely why I don't think sekinj "has to be mafia" because Lynx sounds more like a Cop.
spring 1047 wrote:I'm willing to put blind faith in your defence of Don for now, but no much longer.
How is it blind faith? It's a reasonable conclusion than any of us could make that a one-member-down scumteam would've taken a pretty big risk to make the claim he did.
spring 1047 wrote:Here I'll note that lynching Spolium to presumably uncover my sanity is totally dumb and stupid and is absolutely not a valid reason.
In addition to the recent OMGUS, we know that Spolium's play has changed since Budja's death.

Let's not forget these little gems,
Spolium 58 wrote:When [Budja's] trying to provoke discussion, it's impossible to determine exactly what sort of discussion is going to arise (particularly so in a game where everyone is second-guessing themselves/others, and scum are waiting to pounce on any careless townie).
Spolium 73 wrote:My argument was that in my experience Budja has played like this as town
Spolium also took point in that red herring of a "spring defense" argument, which lasted entirely too long.

So I do think Spolium's lynching can be justified outside of any sort of sanity argument, but, if Spolium comes up scum, then it undeniably puts spring's sanity back into question. This wouldn't be as necessary if we didn't have two Doctors/Cops, but now that we do I think this should be our primary concern. spring is a literal walking timebomb if she's a Quack, and I, for one, see it as an increasingly probable role given the way this setup is breaking down.

That increasingly probability, as you might imagine, is only fueling my interest in a Spolium lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”