DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xylthixlm wrote:DGB, do an analysis on Malyss.
She was next, it's in my Notepad file in another window.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

MafiaSSK wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:@ MafiaSSK

Do you k
no
w why a scumbag would fake a PR?

T
o avoid saying anyt
h
ing
that
m
i
ght get him
s
elf caught.

Him
s
elf or his buddies.
I can't make heads nor tails of this post. There aren't even matching [color] tags.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Malyss wrote:I am here. The thread got opened up while I was slaving away at work. Reading through the thread, I was going to address Elvis' post about the scum points, but I see that Troll has already tackled that.
Malyss wrote:I think that I'm going to build an Excel Spreadsheet to track activity. I am concerned about the possibility of losing track of people after their names have disappeared from Tajo's lurker list during our first day.
Malyss wrote:Weekends tend to be blurs of activity.

Still being new to the scene and not having played with pretty much anyone other than MafiaSSK, who was an IC in my last newbie game, I haven't much to offer on meta related observations.

I am rereading and taking a look at the Zwet wagon.
Malyss wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Malyss, doesn't Yos feed you MS gossip?
Not really. I don't have secondhand meta information through him.
Malyss wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I don't think Yos would put such a restrictive PR in a game like this, where lurking is heavily discouraged. Or a PR at all at that. And you're a person I can see faking a PR.
I don't know. Yos is a sadistic bastard.

Granted, I'm not entirely buying the supposed MafiaSSK post restriction.
I took "pains" to make it easy for everyone to examine Malyss' contribution at leisure. And so that there is no excuse for everyone to see it.

There are many types of scum profiles. This is the sort of scum flavor that Stephoscope was displaying in Prisoner's Dilemma, so he might recognize it.

The first post says nothing. It's very safe; she just states that she was going to say something, but someone else said it already. She doesn't bother to state whether she agrees or not. Maybe that's too committal.

The second, she pretends that she's going to be helpful in a neutral, non-scumhunting sort of way, tracking time stamps on Excel. But then she doesn't come through with that plan. Again, perfectly neutral. She expresses vague "pro-town" feelings that seem manufactured to me.

In the third post, she makes excuses of lack of metas. OK, let's buy it. Then she moves on with a promise of a re-read, and an examination of the zwet wagon. Like the Excel time stamp tracking, she doesn't come through this promise either.

In the fourth, her answer to elvis is neutral and void: "I have no information," to paraphrase.

In the fifth and last, also neutral and void: "I don't know; I'm not sure," to paraphrase again.

All in all, she fits to a tee the profile of the scumbuddy that wants to steer clear of the zwet mess.

She may not be the only one, she may not be the worse. More players waiting in line to lay on my couch. Next!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:32 pm

wolfcrier is next. He's a bit like Malyss, so putting them side by side is going to make them easier to compare.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Block 2, Votecount 5 wrote:4 populartajo (roflcopter, image, q21, elvis_knits)
2 DrippingGoofball (Empking, Stephoscope)
2 MafiaSSK (Zorblag, ortolan)
2 Malyss (Xtoxm, Xylthixlm)

7 Unvote (antihero, BrianMcQueso, DrippingGoofball, MafiaSSK, Malyss, populartajo, wolfcrier)

17 alive; 9 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm

wolfcrier wrote:AHHH sorry I just got home and last time I looked I think it was locked! Sorry for appearing lurkish...
VOTE: Zorblag
the picture creeps me out...
wolfcrier wrote:Yeah sorry been reading so I can catch up, I seriously doubt the Zwet train is "smart" on the towns spot. Maybe it's because I haven't played a game with him in it so I don't have his meta, but everyone jumping on the bandwagon for stupid reasons like he trapped you into thinking he would lurk is just dumb.
unvote
wolfcrier wrote:Ok sorry, quite a busy week! Ok well I feel kind of stupid with my whole, not jumping on the zwet bandwagon... I just skimmed through the posts to see the voting for MafiaSSK on account of claiming P.R. I will have to go back and look through these. Sorry again on not posting so frequently... I will post soon after I thouroughly reading the posts on the claim with my response.
wolfcrier wrote:Ok after re-reading the posts, I have determined that the post-restriction, as everyone has already said, really doesn't make any sense if he is town. However, not willing to jump on this wagon quite yet. Also the post by zwet claiming he wants to self-hammer, and Antiheroes encouragement made me a little uneasy, however Zwet believe Antihero was scum and Antihero wanted Zwet to die. Possible bussing so...
FoS:Antihero or MafiaSSK
Above is all of wolfcrier's contribution so far.

This is "lurking in plain sight" in "Lynch All Lurkers."

It's hard to decide if wolfcrier's passive lurking is worse than Malyss, who is actively ignoring and staying neutral, but I'm leaning that Malyss is way worse.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Xylthixlm wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

Do you k
no

T
o
avoid saying anyt
h
ing
that
m
i
ght get him
s
elf caught.

Him
s
elf or his buddies.
I can't make heads nor tails of this post. There aren't even matching [color] tags.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sigh. Fucking Steth. Yeah, I'm DayMasons with him. We are indeed unconfirmed to each other. No, we have not really said much in the mason lounge.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

MafiaSSK wrote:

Do you k
no

To avoid saying anyt
h
ing
that
m
i
ght get him
s
elf caught.

Him
s
elf or his buddies.
I got rid of the messed up tag.

noh that is s

nothing that is s?????

Am I on the right track?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Antihero wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:

Do you k
no

To avoid saying anyt
h
ing
that
m
i
ght get him
s
elf caught.

Him
s
elf or his buddies.
I got rid of the messed up tag.

noh that is s

nothing that is s?????

Am I on the right track?
It should say No in the first line. Followed by That is s(tupid).
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DGB and populartajo get added to the provisional townlist, along with MafiaSSK and Steph.

Town

Xylthixlm
roflcopter
elvis_knits
populartajo
DrippingGoofball
Stephoscope*
MafiaSSK*

* Claim-based

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MafiaSSK wrote:Sigh. Fucking Steth. Yeah, I'm DayMasons with him. We are indeed unconfirmed to each other. No, we have not really said much in the mason lounge.
I don't mean to spoil your fun or anything, but I hardly think we'd be better off with you lynched.

And you hadn't said *a single word* in the mason lounge, despite my efforts.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 pm

ORTOLAN
ortolan wrote:
zwet (154) wrote:Please explain my change in meta. I'm acting more serious than usual? Is that a bad thing? Are meta changes in general a bad thing? Antihero, so half of your "case" is confusion over my early silly posts, the first of which was NOT an excuse to lurk at all, and parroting of someone else's unfounded paranoia. tajo, why don't you actually read the 7P game if you're so anxious to find some scum meta on me. I was also scum in Red Horse mafia, if it matters.
I think this is the most serious/earnest I've ever seen zwet, and possibly his longest post also. Scared scum.
I can't say "definite scum" here, but it the sort of uncanny insight that a player would tend to get on his buddy.

Ortolan demands a claim from zwet, but he never votes zwet.

Ortolan was significantly, though subtly, more gung-ho about the MafiaSSK wagon: "I would be perfectly happy policy-lynching MafiaSSK in a game like this- you just know he's going to lurk and you're not going to know whether it's from a scum or just him-being-him agenda. The fact he's been blatantly scummy with a dodgy PR claim (and thus can't really be of any use anyway) is just the icing on the cake." There are a few posts like that one. He seems a lot more bloodthirsty, whereas he was more circumspect with zwet. You should read his posts in isolation to get a feel for this, don't take my word for it. And because it's a "feeling" I'd appreciate knowing if it's just me, or if others perceive something similar as well.

Under the heading "weird scumtells," ortolan doesn't have a bee in his bonnet calling me scum all the time. That's not something I've ever seen before, I'm not sure which column it fits in.

But as far as the zwet wagon goes, he was in it, sorta, one foot in the water, one foot on the shore. That leans scum so far.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm

MafiaSSK wrote:Sigh. Fucking Steth. Yeah, I'm DayMasons with him. We are indeed unconfirmed to each other. No, we have not really said much in the mason lounge.
Un
confirmed?

Isn't that the exact opposite of what Steph has been saying, or are there gas leaks in my house affecting my thinking?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i agree with dgb's analysis of malyss

i disagree with her conclusion that brian mcq is town

i strongly disagree with her analysis of ort, and she is incorrect in saying he never votes zwet. he was in fact the second player on the wagon
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Zorblag »

OK, Troll was in the middle of posting something else and will probably continue to do that but:
MafiaSSK wrote:Sigh. Fucking Steth. Yeah, I'm DayMasons with him.
We are indeed unconfirmed to each other
. No, we have not really said much in the mason lounge.
Stephoscope wrote:I am 100% certain that MafiaSSK is town.
-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Un
confirmed?

Isn't that the exact opposite of what Steph has been saying, or are there gas leaks in my house affecting my thinking?
Would've been nice if Steph had answered my questions so we would know if there was a inconsistency here, wouldn't it?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Q21

I change my mind. I don't think he should be in my "possibly scum" column, upon closer consideration.

He knows zwet's meta, and in his short defense, which was really half-defense and half-damnation, he was very fair, and very accurate in his description of zwet's play.

A lot of his posts are steering the town in positive and productive directions.

So yeah. Never mind. Q21 is off my radar.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by roflcopter »

well we're not lynching either of the daymasons today or any time soon, so lets get back to the task at hand, namely picking which of the obvious zwet partners we're gonna take out.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I am sending a PM to the mod to make sure I can say what I need to say (regarding my role PM) without a modkill.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Stephoscope wrote:I am a Daymason, and
I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned
Xyl, did you miss this? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

roflcopter wrote:i strongly disagree with her analysis of ort, and she is incorrect in saying he never votes zwet. he was in fact the second player on the wagon
My analysis of ortolan is pretty middle of the road, what's to "strongly disagree with?"

Though upon double checking, I did miss his zwet vote, which was a the top of his post rather than the traditional bottom.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I am a Daymason, and
I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned
Xyl, did you miss this? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nope!
Xylthixlm wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:I am a Daymason, and I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned.
Just to be clear, this statement
excludes
the following possibilities:
You are a daymason with MafiaSSK, but
your role PM does not confirm him as town
. (Scum masons exist, so you can't be 100% certain.)
You are a daymason-cop with an innocent on MafiaSSK. (Godfathers exist, so you can't be 100% certain.)

If you actually mean either of the above, you should correct yourself
right now
, because if contrary information comes up later you will be caught in a lie.
One of Steph or MafiaSSK is lying about the mason role PM, or they're both lying about being masons. The question is, which one?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i strongly disagree with her analysis of ort, and she is incorrect in saying he never votes zwet. he was in fact the second player on the wagon
My analysis of ortolan is pretty middle of the road, what's to "strongly disagree with?"

Though upon double checking, I did miss his zwet vote, which was a the top of his post rather than the traditional bottom.
you seem to think there's any reasonable possibility of him being scum. thats what i disagree with.
soi soi soi

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:I am sending a PM to the mod to make sure I can say what I need to say (regarding my role PM) without a modkill.
This PM has been sent.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”