Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Stephoscope »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Did you not read my big post at all? I thought I completely gave my side of the story against the allegations against me. And I addressed tajo and his refusal to claim. And I'm asking Goof questions in attempts to get a better read. Sure, I didn't say anything regarding Xtoxm, but I think you're way out of line here.
The rest of the lot has been so darned scummy that, in my opinion, whether you're scum (for distancing) or town (for the win) your best play is to help lynch them ASAP. I can't tell you how to play, but if roflcopter's read is correct (and it sure looks like it to me), you guys haven't done yourselves many favors.

Oh well, I think DGB, Xtoxm, and populartajo should be lynched before you. If I'm way off, it'll be apparent soon enough
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:Of all the town roles to fake a post restriction with, mason is at least one of the least bad. That doesn't make it not bad, just less bad.

Stephoscope, am I correct in saying that your role PM does
not
say that MafiaSSK is town?
I consider this fishing and will not answer this. I have said enough.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xtoxm wrote:Get fucked..
this one is begging for a your mom joke
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

SOFTCLAIMS ARE BAD, MMMK?

Stephoscope certainly said some things that can't be reasonably interpreted as anything but a claim of MafiaSSK as his buddy. If he tries to go back on his claim, or if MafiaSSK fails to confirm it, I will vote Stephoscope without hestiation.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Stephoscope »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Just confirm it then. This isn't something you should be able to go back on later and re-write as you see fit. I mean, really, if you're not confirming him as your partner, then we shouldn't make that assumption, and then that's a whole other ballgame.
I have nothing to say about anyone else's precise role. Other players can decide what they want to share.

I am a Daymason, and I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Of all the town roles to fake a post restriction with, mason is at least one of the least bad. That doesn't make it not bad, just less bad.

not
YOU WILL ANSWER THE QUESTION OR YOU ARE NOT PLAYING TO THE TOWN WIN CONDITION

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:SOFTCLAIMS ARE BAD, MMMK?

Stephoscope certainly said some things that can't be reasonably interpreted as anything but a claim of MafiaSSK as his buddy. If he tries to go back on his claim, or if MafiaSSK fails to confirm it, I will vote Stephoscope without hestiation.
in this instance, stephoscope's claim is not a safeclaim, so you are way off base
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

What about full claims?

I'm vanilla.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

re: chainsaw defense

If someone would please just point me to where the reasons for zwet's wagon are clearly stated, that would be wonderful. Like I stated before, I can't support a lynch just to allow someone to "test a meta". I saw zwet's bandwagon as lacking any logic behind it.
What else was I supposed to defend him against, if there were no real accusations being made against him?
I attacked the bandwagon because I felt it was a poor bandwagon. Of course, that all changed with the post that immediately followed mine, which made it a good bandwagon, but at the time I made it, it seemed like a poor lynch choice.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:

not
YOU WILL ANSWER THE QUESTION OR YOU ARE NOT PLAYING TO THE TOWN WIN CONDITION
I am 100% certain that MafiaSSK is town. I will not address the contents of my PM, nor any other players' exact roles. That is for them to decide. Try and calm down until MafiaSSK gets here, okay?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:I am a Daymason, and I know with 100% certainty that MafiaSSK is town-aligned.
Just to be clear, this statement
excludes
the following possibilities:
You are a daymason with MafiaSSK, but your role PM does not confirm him as town. (Scum masons exist, so you can't be 100% certain.)
You are a daymason-cop with an innocent on MafiaSSK. (Godfathers exist, so you can't be 100% certain.)

If you actually mean either of the above, you should correct yourself
right now
, because if contrary information comes up later you will be caught in a lie.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Block 2, Votecount 3 wrote:5 populartajo (roflcopter, image, q21, elvis_knits, Stephoscope)
2 MafiaSSK (Zorblag, ortolan)
2 Malyss (Xtoxm, Xylthixlm)
1 DrippingGoofball(Empking)

7 Unvote (antihero, BrianMcQueso, DrippingGoofball, MafiaSSK, Malyss, populartajo, wolfcrier)

17 alive; 9 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:04 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Taking a different apporach:

Steph,
why
won't you confirm it? I get that you won't, but... what's the big deal? Why are you making this out to be more important than it is?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:Try and calm down until MafiaSSK gets here, okay?
I care very much about this because (a) it may be important later for confirming people if you die, and (b) I don't want you to have a millimeter of wiggle room to change your claim if MafiaSSK comes by and says something different. Am I perfectly clear here? So answer the questions.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

Post by roflcopter »

BrianMcQueso wrote:re: chainsaw defense

If someone would please just point me to where the reasons for zwet's wagon are clearly stated, that would be wonderful. Like I stated before, I can't support a lynch just to allow someone to "test a meta". I saw zwet's bandwagon as lacking any logic behind it.
What else was I supposed to defend him against, if there were no real accusations being made against him?
I attacked the bandwagon because I felt it was a poor bandwagon. Of course, that all changed with the post that immediately followed mine, which made it a good bandwagon, but at the time I made it, it seemed like a poor lynch choice.
post 28 by me
post 47 by elvis
post 73 by me
post 87 by ortolan
post 133 by antihero

these were all posts before your attack on the zwet bandwagon.

if the post after your attack on the wagon made him seem like a better lynch choice, why did you defend that post by calling it a "simplistic trap"?
soi soi soi

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Stephoscope »

BrianMcQueso wrote:Taking a different apporach:

Steph,
why
won't you confirm it? I get that you won't, but... what's the big deal? Why are you making this out to be more important than it is?
I think it is bad form to call out someone else's role. I may or may not know why he was acting the way he was.

I'm not concerned about having "wiggle room" or any such thing. I'm not lying.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:11 am

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:after we're done hanging zwet out to dry, one of you two suckers (get it? oh my god he's sucking you?) is gonna follow him to scum heaven.
Nah. First zwet. Then there's another player who is not living up to meta so far. I'd like to see more of that player, but I don't want him/her to be on alert of being watched quite yet.
i'm interested in who else you didn't think was living up to their meta
soi soi soi

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 am

Post by q21 »

Xtoxm wrote:What about full claims?

I'm vanilla.
Why the claim?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why not?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

roflcopter wrote: post 28 by me
post 47 by elvis
post 73 by me
post 87 by ortolan
post 133 by antihero

these were all posts before your attack on the zwet bandwagon.
All of those address... him asking about RL issues? Really? I think it's a legitimate question. Saying "we will lynch you for lurking, even if it's RL issues" is fine. Saying "we will lynch you because you
asked
about whether or not it's OK to lurk because of RL issues" is questionable.
if the post after your attack on the wagon made him seem like a better lynch choice, why did you defend that post by calling it a "simplistic trap"?
Zwet said he was going to intentionally lurk. I saw it as him just trying to catch eager scum to jump on an easy wagon. Pretty simple (and ineffective) trap, as how I interpreted.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:I think it is bad form to call out someone else's role.
... If you're claiming mason, you are inherently calling out your mason partner's role. If you don't want to call out his role DON'T CLAIM MASON.

Since you have already claimed mason, you have a duty to answer questions about your role. Scum already know to kill you and MafiaSSK; any further information you give can only help town. There is no protown reason to hide anything.

For what it's worth, the last player I remember who partially claimed and then refused to fully claim in a game I was in was DrippingGoofball in Minivitational 10. I hammered her. She was scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xtoxm wrote:Get ***ed..
Of everyone here, I probably understand the most where you're coming from. But I think you're town, and I've got your back. Stay strong.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Xylthixlm wrote:... If you're claiming mason, you are inherently calling out your mason partner's role. If you don't want to call out his role DON'T CLAIM MASON.

Since you have already claimed mason, you have a duty to answer questions about your role. Scum already know to kill you and MafiaSSK; any further information you give can only help town. There is no protown reason to hide anything.

For what it's worth, the last player I remember who partially claimed and then refused to fully claim in a game I was in was DrippingGoofball in Minivitational 10. I hammered her. She was scum.
I am not at all convinced about your alignment, so I am uninterested in hearing about what you claim is my "duty", or how (not knowing all the facts) you're saying I'm not being pro-town.

For how many posts in a row are you going to focus on me when there's obvscum everywhere?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Antihero »

Stephoscope wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:... If you're claiming mason, you are inherently calling out your mason partner's role. If you don't want to call out his role DON'T CLAIM MASON.

I am not at all convinced about your alignment, so I am uninterested in hearing about what you claim is my "duty", or how (not knowing all the facts) you're saying I'm not being pro-town.

For how many posts in a row are you going to focus on me when there's obvscum everywhere?
You can't just claim mason and just expect your claim to not be met with any questions. Your "partner" has to confirm it.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

so then lets wait for her partner to confirm it instead of badgering her with stupid questions she has said she isn't going to answer, mmkay?
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”