Mini 773- Welcome to Lynchville! Perfection! (Over)

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by afatchic »

Votecount Number 6:

Kublai Khan-(3)-BrianMcQueso, PieIsPopcorn, Light-kun

PieIsPopcorn-(1)-Kublai Khan
No-Lynch-(1)-ppp973
Cream147-(1)-RedCoyote
Light-kun-(1)-Archaist
cateraction-(1)-alexhans

Not voting-(4)-cater action, Cream147, ChiefSkye4, LesterGroans

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

PieIsPopcorn has still not picked up his prod. I'll give him another day or so to pick it up before i start looking for a replacement.
Last edited by afatchic on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by alexhans »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
alexhans wrote: maybe it's just me knowing I'm town (and not undestanding why I'm being attacked) that gets me paranoid.
Sounds a little forced to me :/

Also, just noticed you're from BA, Argentina- best city I've ever traveled to. Props :p
I'm not saying that you should stop investigating me or whatever, be my guest, I'm not afraid of questions. I only say that I sometimes get too overly suspicious of people that attack me. Anyway, at least you're talking... Is there anything else that called your attention?
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

alexhans wrote: Anyway, at least you're talking... Is there anything else that called your attention?
I did as you suggested- read cat in isolation. What you say is true- cateraction seems to only pops in when convenient (active lurking) and agrees with what the general consensus agrees with. Very suspicious, and if not scummy, very anti-town.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Red Coyote reminds me of Rorchach. I like him though, so it's awesome.

I disagree with the agreeing to general consensus type posting being suspicious or scummy. It *is* unhelpful, but I find people like that end up being stronger mid game (not so early), so I suppose we should see if his posting style changes when more is going on and a more critical amount of content exists to be reflected upon.

On the other hand, I haven't found alex suspicious at all, and the lack of Pie does nothing to ease my suspicion.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Anyone want to discuss the idea of a ppp policy lynch (a p-p-p-policy lynch if you will, lol)?

I'm being serious.

---
alex 123 wrote:For example... read cateration in isolation. He just doesn't scumhunt, No vote (not even Random). He mildly defends a couple of people and state that he is a bit suspicious of Light-kun but nothing else.
Good point, and I like how you reinforced your suspicions with the vote.

I skimmed over cater's post originally, but I do notice the hypocrisy now that you've pointed it out. It's arguable that by sarcastically calling ppp's post useful he was making a point against him, but I wouldn't buy that.

---
Chief 124 wrote:Sounds a little forced to me :/
Maybe, but I like his post in general.

---
Light-kun 128 wrote:Red Coyote reminds me of Rorchach. I like him though, so it's awesome.
Now I'm tempted to go search for him, lol. Thanks though.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:02 am

Post by LesterGroans »

RedCoyote wrote:Anyone want to discuss the idea of a ppp policy lynch (a p-p-p-policy lynch if you will, lol)?

I'm being serious.
This. I don't make a habit of lynching people who are anti-town but not necessarily scum, because any town is good town, however I also don't play meta. So, based on this game, ppp is coming off really scummy. I don't know if it's inexperience or what, but voting for a No Lynch on day 1? Are you kidding me? i really don't like it. All the other cases seem to be based off of whether we came out of RVS too quickly... I don't know. I haven't seen a more compelling case than PPP's, but I'm definitely open to more.

Vote: ppp973
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by ppp973 »

cateraction wrote:What an incredibly useful post. It's exactly what I wanted for you to leave out quality and content and make no comments on it. It's amazing that you have so many posts, when your posts are so full of content.
i know that some of them are plain useless, i was just worrying of overposting, somewhat of a joke
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by ppp973 »

LesterGroans wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Anyone want to discuss the idea of a ppp policy lynch (a p-p-p-policy lynch if you will, lol)?

I'm being serious.
This. I don't make a habit of lynching people who are anti-town but not necessarily scum, because any town is good town, however I also don't play meta. So, based on this game, ppp is coming off really scummy. I don't know if it's inexperience or what, but voting for a No Lynch on day 1? Are you kidding me? i really don't like it. All the other cases seem to be based off of whether we came out of RVS too quickly... I don't know. I haven't seen a more compelling case than PPP's, but I'm definitely open to more.

Vote: ppp973

Not inexprience although I am not good at mafia, just know the basics.

I posted before saying that I am used to writing no lynch on my other sites
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Archaist »

Light-kun ignored my questions again. And three people posted after him and no one else called him out on that? Come on guys, when a someone blatantly ignores clear questions
and
a vote, something is up. The rest of you three (RedCoyote, LesterGroans, ppp973) are either not paying attention (anti-town) or letting it slide purposely (anti-town, suggesting scum team).
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Or, you could repost your question... if it was in a block of text, I've become lazy lately and don't read them that closely.

Rorschach* (Correction to my misspelling) is a character from
Watchmen
, so he isn't a player. However, Red, you remind me of him.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:48 am

Post by cateraction »

He posted them in a very nice list form, followed by a vote. It was pretty hard to miss.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 am

Post by ppp973 »

Light-kun wrote:Or, you could repost your question... if it was in a block of text, I've become lazy lately and don't read them that closely.

Rorschach* (Correction to my misspelling) is a character from
Watchmen
, so he isn't a player. However, Red, you remind me of him.
I also became lazy
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:43 am

Post by ppp973 »

alexhans wrote:
ppp wrote: Alexhans, I will change it to, that you were annoyed and not scared.

Make of it what you want.
I think this post isn't useful. First you repost my postcount and leave outdated without saying so (at least quote it man) and then you recognize you were wrong and try to leave it as a point against me? Is it surprising that your weird not voting anyone but playing annoys me?

dude... there are some players who just won't give info... For example... read cateration in isolation. He just doesn't scumhunt, No vote (not even Random). He mildly defends a couple of people and state that he is a bit suspicious of Light-kun but nothing else. Lester hasn't been very active either but he has been prodded.
cat wrote:What an incredibly useful post. It's exactly what I wanted for you to leave out quality and content and make no comments on it. It's amazing that you have so many posts, when your posts are so full of content.
What about yours?
unvote, vote cateraction

I know that just that I was too lazy to quote it.

I also don't like Archaist's case on me based on my "not wanting to leave RVS" and find it a bit opportunistic but maybe it's just me knowing I'm town (and not undestanding why I'm being attacked) that gets me paranoid. Although with few posts he has made a couple of questions to scum hunt.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Light-kun »

Used magical isolation button, questions from Archaist.
1. How high of a percent do you say is required for you to feel comfortable lynching someone?
Since all start at 33%, anyone over 35% on day 1 is votable. Beyond day 2 (day 3), I vote for people who are close/over 40%.
2. How do you assign these percentage points?
I don't quite see how this is relevant.
3. Are they based on something concrete like X number of scummy posts or is it abstract and based on your "gut feeling?"
They are based on taking anything said to its most extreme conclusion, using the setup of the game, to figure out rough odds of what a mafia member would say versus what a town aligned individual would say. I find certain power roles tend to fall in X percentage, certain types of mafia fall into Y percentage, and some people, zwetchenwasser/empking/dejkha, just ruin the whole system and some adjustments are necessary for them.

So, no, I'm not going to explain why my percents are what, what, and what for each person. I will, however, tell you my percents at any time and if I am chasing someone to be lynched, I will make a traditional case. (Usually around day 2/3 is when I am able to heavily pursue people. Day 1s are always difficult.)
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP: Just to clarify, I don't see how any of those questions are relevant to my scumminess.
Show
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Archaist »

Light-kun wrote:Just to clarify, I don't see how any of those questions are relevant to my scumminess.
They're not. I had those questions before I voted for you. What's scummy is you ignoring the questions completely and then excusing yourself by saying you're lazy.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:30 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Light-kun wrote:Red Coyote reminds me of Rorchach. I like him though, so it's awesome.
Watchmen allusions for the win.
RedC wrote:Anyone want to discuss the idea of a ppp policy lynch (a p-p-p-policy lynch if you will, lol)?
Personally, can't stand policy lynches. It's a perfect hiding place for scum. But, ppp (for unpolicy reasons) is not an entirely bad lynch.
ppp wrote:I posted before saying that I am used to writing no lynch on my other sites
That is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY not a good reason. Sounds like a scummy shrug-off to me. But a bad one lol.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:36 am

Post by afatchic »

And the replacement search for PieIsPopcorn begins now...
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by alexhans »

I'm being serious.
No. I don't do policy lynches. I may go on little cases and gut. But not just policy.
Lester wrote:I don't know if it's inexperience or what, but voting for a No Lynch on day 1? Are you kidding me? i really don't like it
I believe that is not a huge point. I started playing mafia in another page were usually every first day goes with no lynch because they're all themed games with lots of PR's. It's an aberration of mafia really... But it can be fun. Also, there's not so much discussion, it's all full Zwets if you know what I mean...
PPP wrote:i know that some of them are plain useless, i was just worrying of overposting, somewhat of a joke
It doesn't matter if you post a lot if it has content. Try to make content. Ask questions we're you see strange things. Fish for reactions... You think you're being consistent with the way in wich you played your newbie game?
cateraction wrote:He posted them in a very nice list form, followed by a vote. It was pretty hard to miss.
Wow. Keep with the great contributions. Nothing else to add? A suspicion? A question? A comment?
Light-kun wrote:Since all start at 33%, anyone over 35% on day 1 is votable. Beyond day 2 (day 3), I vote for people who are close/over 40%
What do you mean they all start at 33%?
Light-kun wrote:zwetchenwasser/empking/dejkha, just ruin the whole system and some adjustments are necessary for them.
I'm a 7 person game with all 3...
Light-kun wrote:EBWOP: Just to clarify, I don't see how any of those questions are relevant to my scumminess.
All questions can be useful. That someone asks you a question doesn't necesarilly mean he thinks you're scum.
Chief wrote:Personally, can't stand policy lynches. It's a perfect hiding place for scum. But, ppp (for unpolicy reasons) is not an entirely bad lynch.
Why? Would you lynch him now if you could hammer?
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

alexhans wrote:
Chief wrote:Personally, can't stand policy lynches. It's a perfect hiding place for scum. But, ppp (for unpolicy reasons) is not an entirely bad lynch.
Why? Would you lynch him now if you could hammer?
As for why (the most recent reason, anyway):
Chief wrote:
ppp wrote:I posted before saying that I am used to writing no lynch on my other sites .
That is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY not a good reason. Sounds like a scummy shrug-off to me. But a bad one lol.
And as for your second question, no, I wouldn't want to lynch anyone at this very second. I don't throw votes around, certainly not hammers.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by cateraction »

Honestly, I really don't think that ppp is scummy. I think he's annoying, yes, but that's no reason to lynch him. In my experience, the annoying players are very often town, who are trying to contribute but don't know how. Too often, scum can push for the lynch of these players by going for a policy lynch or painting their eagerness as scumminess.

So, I think it's a fairly large scumtell that Red suggested a lynch, especially without a vote. I'm also suspicious of Lester for his reasoning. Really, suggesting a no lynch is ridiculous for scum or town. Scum wants a mislynch, town wants a good one. It's not a tell, it's what he says it is. He's recanted; let's move on.

Vote: Red Cyote
FoS: Lester
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by alexhans »

Finally cater... I agree with your thoughts regarding ppp and Scum benefiting from pushing newb player's lynches
I'm back...
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:59 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

BrianMcQueso wrote:I am under the impression that you are scum (you might have noticed). When I find something you do that supports that theory, I am going to draw attention to it. Yes, it's coming from a skewed and biased viewpoint. But I'm not one to stand around and act neutrally towards everyone. I have an opinion, which is more than I can say for half the people in this town. Not a fan of all these lurkers.
Alright, fine. I can see how you'd read the judgement thing out of that. But trying to portray me as being "hostile" against Light_kun was misrepresentation.
cateraction wrote:Honestly, I really don't think that ppp is scummy. I think he's annoying, yes, but that's no reason to lynch him. In my experience, the annoying players are very often town, who are trying to contribute but don't know how. Too often, scum can push for the lynch of these players by going for a policy lynch or painting their eagerness as scumminess.
I don't think that it's scummy to push for a policy lynch, as long as it's not a quick lynch. In my expecience scum will never NK a village idiot, infact they'll do their best to keep them in the game (assuming that the village idiot never "evolves" into a useful player). Do you see the inherent detriment of having someone like ppp973 around at a LYLO situation?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:23 am

Post by cateraction »

I see the danger of it, but I think it's irresponsible to lynch him, especially if you agree with me that he is most likely town. There's far more to be lost by lynching a townie than by possibly having a sticky lylo situation. We don't know if we'll go to lylo and all lylo's are complicated. So to make a decision based on that is just dumb imo.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

cateraction wrote:I see the danger of it, but I think it's irresponsible to lynch him, especially if you agree with me that he is most likely town. There's far more to be lost by lynching a townie than by possibly having a sticky lylo situation. We don't know if we'll go to lylo and all lylo's are complicated. So to make a decision based on that is just dumb imo.
I didn't agree with you. I've seen nothing to imply that ppp973 is town. I think he's a village idiot, which, by definition, makes him unreadable. Since Day 1 can tend to be a crapshoot, lynching ppp973 is a strongly viable option if we can generate no other leads.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”