Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Block 1, Votecount 9 wrote:6 zwetschenwasser (roflcopter, ortolan, antihero, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK, Stephoscope)
2 antihero (Zorblag, Empking)
2 Empking (Xtoxm, DrippingGoofball)
1 DrippingGoofball (image)
1 elvis_knits (populartajo)
1 roflcopter (BrianMcQueso)
1 Stephoscope (zwetschenwasser)
1 Zorblag (wolfcrier)

3 Unvote (Malyss, q21, Xylthixlm)

18 alive; 10 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm going to lurk for 72 hours and see what happens... Consider it a "test", so to speak.
This falls under the category of "no test required."
I think it falls under the category of "simplistic trap".
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

zwet (154) wrote:Please explain my change in meta. I'm acting more serious than usual? Is that a bad thing? Are meta changes in general a bad thing? Antihero, so half of your "case" is confusion over my early silly posts, the first of which was NOT an excuse to lurk at all, and parroting of someone else's unfounded paranoia. tajo, why don't you actually read the 7P game if you're so anxious to find some scum meta on me. I was also scum in Red Horse mafia, if it matters.
I think this is the most serious/earnest I've ever seen zwet, and possibly his longest post also. Scared scum.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Post because I am crossing the international date line tomorrow and may get confused.

I need to check who said the scum won't lurk, that post gave me a bad feeling.

Later.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote; Zwet
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

zwet wagon is not about him not playing to a town meta or any sort of meta test, zwet wagon is because zwet has done things in this game which makes oodles more sense from a scum motivation than a town one.

brian mcqueso, have you ever heard of the chainsaw defense (tarhalindur version)?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 am

Post by populartajo »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm going to lurk for 72 hours and see what happens... Consider it a "test", so to speak.
Unvote vote Zwet
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 am

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:Post because I am crossing the international date line tomorrow and may get confused.

Later.
I was but I think its obvious why I thought that.
Call me Tajo.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

populartajo wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:Post because I am crossing the international date line tomorrow and may get confused.

Later.
You discussed it with your scum buddies and agreed not to lurk?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:03 am

Post by populartajo »

elvis_knits wrote:
populartajo wrote:

Later.
You discussed it with your scum buddies and agreed not to lurk?
No, I think any scum that lurks is pretty much suicide.
Nobody if town should lurk.

What exactly are you trying to do?
Call me Tajo.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't have a clear plan.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:27 am

Post by Zorblag »

First off, Troll will
unvote
and
vote: q21
. Antihero has now posted and q21 be the only one left in the game who no has.

Troll has been thinking of the best way to keep track of when people have posted last. Troll no wants it to be what the game be focused on as that gives scum a great way to look like them be participating but not actually scum hunt. Troll thinks that Troll plans not to bring up people simply for lurking until it has been two days since them have posted last (though Troll will be going by the date so it will be less than 48 hours in most cases.) At the time of this post, in addition to q21 who no has posted at all, wolfcrier and Troll were the only ones who no had posted since the 16th.

Troll thinks that it probably be worth stating explicitly that it be the duty of all of the town to make sure that them no do hit the 72 hour deadline for lurking (or come particularly close to it.) If townies do that them will be giving scum a chance to distract from scum hunting. We no should have to be on people's cases to get them to post; town should be doing this as part of their game anyhow.

Some thoughts on players:

Troll still no thinks that zwetschenwasser's play this game be consistent with the scum play Troll has seen from him in the past. It still feels closer to the poor town play Troll has seen. Him be a distraction and more likely to hurt the town than help but Troll at this time thinks that him still be more likely to be town than scum. If him gets lynched Troll no will spend too much time in mourning if Troll be correct but Troll no be ready to vote for him yet.

Of those that be voting for zwetschenwasser, Troll has the following thoughts:

rolfcopter: Him be playing the way Troll expects from what Troll has seen reading other games him be in.

ortolan: Troll doesn't dispute the arguments him be giving about why zwetschenwasser be scummy. This feels like a legitimate vote rather than jumping on an early, easy bandwagon.

Antihero: There seems to be some responding to people just to be responding in his couple of posts. There be no mention of how zwetschenwasser typically plays. Troll thinks this one could be an easy wagon vote.

elvis_knits: The interactions with populartajo will be interesting to look at later but Troll no minds her reasons for voting zwetschenwasser at this time.

MafiaSSK: Troll no has any reason to think that his vote be anything other than a convenient bandwagon. Him claims that him has a reason (in a way which be literally transparent but not helpful or nearly as easy to figure out as an answer to a question of that sort should be.)

Stephoscope: The vote seems to be somewhat flippant and be a bit surprising based on the other things Stephoscope had to say about voting leading up to it.

Empking: Him no seems to have given any reasons for his vote at all. His play has gotten him some negative attention as well which be something Troll no be surprised to see.

populartajo: Him seems to put a larger amount of effort into making sure that his vote for zwetschenwasser was justified than Troll thinks was needed.

Dripping Goofball: Actually, Dripping Goofball no be voting for zwetschenwasser at all. She be voting for Empking. She do be calling for a zwetschenwasser lynch though. We officially be at L-2 so far as Troll can tell but it probably be more reasonable to consider this L-1 given that stance.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:49 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Zorblag wrote:
MafiaSSK: Troll no ha
s
any reas
o
n to think that his vote be anything othe
r
than a convenient bandwagon. Him claims that him has a
r
eason (in a wa
y
which be
lit
erally
t
ransparent but not he
l
pful or n
e
ar
l
y as
e
asy
t
o figure ou
t
as an answ
er
to a question of that
s
ort should be.)
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:10 am

Post by wolfcrier »

Yeah sorry been reading so I can catch up, I seriously doubt the Zwet train is "smart" on the towns spot. Maybe it's because I haven't played a game with him in it so I don't have his meta, but everyone jumping on the bandwagon for stupid reasons like he trapped you into thinking he would lurk is just dumb.

unvote
~The line between me and the enemy is indistiguinshable~
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:41 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

ortolan wrote:
zwet (154) wrote:Please explain my change in meta. I'm acting more serious than usual? Is that a bad thing? Are meta changes in general a bad thing? Antihero, so half of your "case" is confusion over my early silly posts, the first of which was NOT an excuse to lurk at all, and parroting of someone else's unfounded paranoia. tajo, why don't you actually read the 7P game if you're so anxious to find some scum meta on me. I was also scum in Red Horse mafia, if it matters.
I think this is the most serious/earnest I've ever seen zwet, and possibly his longest post also. Scared scum.
Dead wrong. I'm changing my meta to include longer posts in most of my games.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 am

Post by q21 »

So we've eight pages that have amounted to general agreement of the obvious fact that we should lynch all lurkers and we have a day one zwet wagon, which happens in most of his games. I personally don't see zwet as scum.

I don't like this post.
elvis_knits wrote:
roflcopter wrote:after we're done hanging zwet out to dry, one of you two suckers (get it? oh my god he's sucking you?) is gonna follow him to scum heaven.
Okay, but I call "Not it" on who's dying next.

unvote; vote Zwet
Its basically a "Please don't hurt me!" vote. The only readily apparent reason is to avoid the threat of being lynched straight after zwet. The one scummy thing that caught my attention as I read through the thread.

Vote Elvis_Knits

BrianMcQueso wrote:
unvote; vote: roflcopter
for being the most single-minded of everyone on the bandwagon
This is basically a vote rofl for being rofl, it fails.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zorblag wrote:Troll still no thinks that zwetschenwasser's play this game be consistent with the scum play Troll has seen from him in the past.
Please Troll give examples of zwet scum play, DrippingGoofball wants see more examples!

DrippingGoofball
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:08 am

Post by Antihero »

Brian wrote:@Antihero: Are you really accusing someone of giving himself an excuse to lurk when that person has been more active than half the town?
Of course he's not going to lurk after he gets a bandwagon on him.
My point was that he was trying to elicit a response of "Well, RL issues are OK" so he or a potential scumbuddy can use it as an excuse to lurk.
Brian wrote:All in all, I'm really just looking for a little clarification on the zwet bandwagon here. Lynching zwet just for the sake of letting Goof test her "meta" hunch seems like a bad case of letting an individual direct the town.
My reasons for voting zwet have nothing to do with DGB.
zwet wrote:I'm going to lurk for 72 hours and see what happens... Consider it a "test", so to speak.
OK...
Confirm Vote: zwetschenwasser

zwet wrote:Aha! Opportunistic...
Unvote; Vote: Stephoscope
This has to be the stupidest arguement I've seen yet in this thread.
Your previous post was scummy because it set you up for a no-lose situation if you're scum. If no one calls you down on it, then you could get another nightkill. If someone does calls you down on it, then you get to jump on them for being "opportunistic."

You're previous post made as town just doesn't make any sense.
zwet wrote:I think it falls under the category of "simplistic trap".
I think it falls under the catagory of "really crappy town play" or "desperate scum play."

@Everyone saying that the zwet wagon is "dumb": What would be a town motivation for zwet to ask about RL isssues conflicting with activity? What would be a town motivation for zwet to make this post?
zwet wrote:I'm going to lurk for 72 hours and see what happens... Consider it a "test", so to speak.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Antihero »

EBWOP:
Antihero wrote:
You're
Your
previous post made as town just doesn't make any sense.
Epic grammar fail.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Zorblag »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Please Troll give examples of zwet scum play, DrippingGoofball wants see more examples!
It do be a small sample, but Troll be basing it on Open 130 and Open 132 which be a pair of fairly recent games Troll has knowledge of where zwetschenwasser was scum. The play from zwetschenwasser this game be poor but it no be the same sort of play as him exhibited there thus far.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:25 am

Post by q21 »

Antihero wrote: @Everyone saying that the zwet wagon is "dumb": What would be a town motivation for zwet to ask about RL isssues conflicting with activity? What would be a town motivation for zwet to make this post?
What would be a town motivation for just about anything zwet does? The answer is that there is very often no such thing. Its unfortunate that we will probably have to policy lynch him sometime in the (probably near) future, but I have no ability to read zwet and so I'd like to get some scumhunting done elsewhere earlier in the game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Zorblag »

Ah, and q21 clearly be about now so Troll will
unvote
and Troll's voting for those who no have posted be done. Troll perhaps be most suspicious of populartajo's dancing around the vote for zwetschenwasser so Troll will
vote: populartajo

For the record, MafiaSSK's hidden "sorrylittleletters" message in his last post no cleared anything up about his play in Troll's mind but Troll plans to watch and get more information before doing anything other than being slightly irritated by it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by roflcopter »

no seriously guys.

the only motivation that makes sense for zwet's early play in this game is a scum motivation. since then he's just been playing defense in regards to his meta, or playing stupid in regards to the question of whether or not anyone who goes 72 hours without posting will die.

more zwet lynch nao

dgb, why aren't you voting zwet?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Day 1, Block 1, Votecount 10 wrote:8 zwetschenwasser (roflcopter, ortolan, antihero, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK, Stephoscope, Empking, populartajo)
2 Empking (Xtoxm, DrippingGoofball)
1 DrippingGoofball (image)
1 roflcopter (BrianMcQueso)
1 Stephoscope (zwetschenwasser)
1 Elvis_Knits (q21)
1 populartajo (Zorblag)

3 Not Voting (Malyss, q21, Xylthixlm)

18 alive; 10 to lynch.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

roflcopter wrote:dgb, why aren't you voting zwet?
I really thought I was.

BTW

I loooooooooooooooooove the Troll.

I'm going to compare the games Troll refers to with this one. Hold on.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”