Yosarian2 (0/7):

Not voting (3/12):

skitzer,

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Countdown To Deadline
============================
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by charter »

No.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Incognito »

Aren't you usually a breadcrumbing kind of guy?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by charter »

Uhhh, sometimes? I don't remember the last time I breadcrumbed a role though, normally just names. It's a really easy role to confirm though...
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by Incognito »

unvote
for now.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by camn »

Hm.

How is it easy to confirm?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

unvote

Huh.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by charter »

Because I target someone, pray they aren't NK'ed, and they can say that they are indeed a mason with me? Neither of us will be mod confirmed, so I'm not really sure if they should be hesitant to out themselves because it isn't going to mean anything and I can target people not aligned with me (though I won't know if I do or not).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by camn »

OK.

I like it. You earn a day of life.

UNVOTE
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, it's a completly confirmable role, and it's one i've never seen a scum have before.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Incognito »

vote: Korts
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I only skimmed the past day or whatever it's been since I posted last.

charter, am I to understand that you're just a neighbor who gets to pick who they want to be able to talk to, but there is no alignment shift of your target?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by Korts »

Frankly, this claim reminds me of a fakeclaim for Mafia Recruiter.
scumchat never die
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by Ether »

unvote

I had actually typed up why I still supported a Kortslynch over a Charterlynch; then I saw the claim.
Post 568, Charter wrote:I feel like I have genuinely not been scummy. I've been doing really good lately. This is my first time dying before endgame in a long time. :sad:
Post 569, Charter wrote:Oh, and no one asked, but I'm sure you all are curious as to what awesome role I am. I am a
mason
. Alignment of partner not mod confirmed. Duhn Duhn duhhhh....
Now
I'm feeling uneasy.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ether wrote:
unvote

I had actually typed up why I still supported a Kortslynch over a Charterlynch; then I saw the claim.
Post 568, Charter wrote:I feel like I have genuinely not been scummy. I've been doing really good lately. This is my first time dying before endgame in a long time. :sad:
Post 569, Charter wrote:Oh, and no one asked, but I'm sure you all are curious as to what awesome role I am. I am a
mason
. Alignment of partner not mod confirmed. Duhn Duhn duhhhh....
Now
I'm feeling uneasy.
Yeah, that's an interesting contrast. Why would he assume he would get lynched if he had another card to play?
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Incognito »

Ether's
sooooo
cool when she's town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Three days deadline stinks. I hope charter answers in the next day or so.

Is an extension possible? I only want a few days more to ensure full voluntary disclosure, nothing excessive. This day has been long enough.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:25 am

Post by camn »

A miller AND a recruiting mason among the 12 of us?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

camn:

camn wrote:
Incognito wrote:
camn:
Why would scum be more likely to soft-claim than town?
Because it is in scum's interest to be perceived as a PR, and thus a poor lynch, but not be a CLAIMED PR, and thus have to deal with why-aren't-you-dead WIFOM.

On the other hand, it is in a townies interest to HIDE their PR status, because then they live longer.

Not that I am saying C was softclaiming. Just that softclaiming and rolefishing often go together.
I wasn't rolefishing GC, and I don't believe GC was softclaiming. I don't believe that GC has role-based on Yos, and I think his case is almost entirely meta-based.
This post gives me strong town vibes. It is generally not in the scum's best interests to highlight tactics that they might want to use later (or, at least, I'd expect an aversion to doing so). The assertive statements at the end are also very town-like.

I do not blame her for jumping on my wagon, because I did look scummy and her vote was not indicative that she wanted to lynch me. The word "compelling" strikes me as honest.
camn wrote:
Ether wrote:Hmm. Camn, what was the deal with your vote and unvote, anyway?
Which one? :)

I wanted you to get more in the game.
Plus I have been kind of gambit-happy lately, and I wanted to see what Yosarian would do.
Keep it up on the first, meh on the second.
Jokey mood strikes me as town.

Dizzy:

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:(obvious town read on korts)
Well, that's about all the evidence we need for a Korts lynch. :p
Scum vibes here. This is her only post relating to my wagon that was forming. Strikes me as backseat and cocky.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Korts wrote:Ether: the reason for my Izzyvote is quite simple: she stated an intention to specifically lynch me based simply on the fact that with a week left of Day 1 I decided not to toil away with an increasing amount of reading material and try to interact. I can't believe that she doesn't have any better suspects. It seems more like an alibi-vote than anything.

And thanks for the advice, I will try to make time for some reading.
Please. You deliberately avoided the game and lurked. That's scummy behaviour. You've refused to catch up and contribute. Also scummy behaviour. You've attempted to find other people's opinions to latch on to to avoid the accountability of having your own. That's scummy. When you get enough votes that you h
ave a bandwagon, suddenly you're all over this game like crabs on Paris Hilton.
That's scummy.

Nothing of your behaviour in this game has been townish. You're a good candidate for a lynch, and the best one at the moment. I'm happy with my Korts vote.

What do the rest of you think? Is my Kortscase flawed in any way? I'm willing to yield to a convincing argument, but I'm unable to find one myself.
The joke here seems out-of-place and un-townlike. This is because a town player who is actually making a serious attack would be expected to have a serious attitude.

Ether:

Ether wrote:Sometimes, I don't like myself very much. I woke up much less enthusiastic about my Yosvote than I was when I placed it, finding myself under suspicion that I...didn't really disagree with, and put off addressing it. (On Thursday, I
was
doing a programming cram, but that's Thursday.) This is a recovery mode post; I won't really feel comfortable until I'm interacting again.
Weak town vibes from the self-deprecation.

Yosarian:

I think I always have trouble reading Yosarian, and it's even harder given that I'm the subject of many of his posts.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
camn wrote: In my experience. . scum don't drop atom bombs on people day 1.
Oh, speaking of which, I'm a miller.
It sounds like TownYos was either waiting for an opportunity, or forgot to say this earlier. Which is it, Yos, if the question is fair?
I was planning to claim miller at some point during day 1, like I said. I didn't really want to do it right at the start of day 1, because I had wanted to let some other conversations start up first, but I didn't want to wait too long either, wanted to make sure the town had enough time to dicuss my claim and act in a rational way about it. (shrug) Seems like the timing worked out pretty well; town had time to talk and think about my claim, got lots of interesting reactions, and it didn't stifle other lines of discussion.

So, Xdaamno, here's the key question for you to answer. If you had to pick someone to lynch, right now, who would it be? The way you haven't really attacked or voted anyone all day is really the main reason I'm suspecting you at this point.
This last paragraph in and of itself just struck me as town. I suppose you were trying to get me to notice it and not forget it? Going down that thought process is something scum do not need to do, and so I think you are town.

Incognito:

Incognito wrote:Aren't you usually a breadcrumbing kind of guy?
Incognito wrote:Ether's
sooooo
cool when she's town.
Your relaxed attitude lately makes me think that if you are scum, there's probably no town players under suspiscion right now.

Kind of incomplete, so I'll try and do a little more when I can before the day ends.
I support the deadline extension, mod.
For now, my vote will sit here:

Unvote, Vote: Dizzy
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 am

Post by charter »

Green Crayons wrote:I only skimmed the past day or whatever it's been since I posted last.

charter, am I to understand that you're just a neighbor who gets to pick who they want to be able to talk to, but there is no alignment shift of your target?
Yeah. Except I'm town, I don't know the alignment of who I pick.
Korts wrote:Frankly, this claim reminds me of a fakeclaim for Mafia Recruiter.
FOS. If I was a recruiter than there would only be one person I could target and it would do anything.

camn, a recruiting mason is pretty much worthless since they both don't know the other's alignment.

Ether, why would I think my claim would prevent my lynch? Only one person who unvoted me gave a reason other than, "looks like we've run up charter, seen he has a non-threatening role, time to move on to the next target", which was Yos.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Korts »

charter wrote:FOS. If I was a recruiter than there would only be one person I could target and it would do anything.
I don't see how this sentence makes sense. As a mason recruiter, you target one person and make them neighbours with you. As a mafia recruiter, you target one person and make them mafia with you. Either way your role ability would be confirmed by the player you recruit--and it wouldn't make you confirmed pro-town like you have implied.
scumchat never die
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:46 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I would have thought Xdaamno would be aware that snarkiness is a general Izzy-meta and is thus a null-tell.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Ether »

Charter--you would expect your role to prevent your lynch because, non-threatening or not, it's confirmable. Because of that attitude right before your claim, I'm nervous that Korts is right and you're trying to come up with something convenient at the last minute. (Replace "mafia recruiter" with "cult leader," though; I didn't realize mafia recruiter was even a role. Doing research, I know Vollkan's willingly joined at least twogames that openly included cults, though to be fair that's not the same as him expressing support of hidden ones. Meh.)

Come to think of it, 570 feels like an extension to that, like there was an "oh shit what if I have to claim my partner" moment in between. "Unconfirmed mason" vs. "unconfirmed masonizer" is a stark difference.
vote: charter

I don't actually see what Camn is getting at in her 592--the claims don't clash.

Vollkan's rule 13 specifies that the deadline's not getting extended.
Post 590, Incognito wrote:Ether's
sooooo
cool when she's town.
Buddying up. I'm onto you, Incognito.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Korts »

I have no idea why cult leader hasn't occured to me. For what it's worth SSW II had a recruiting mafia in a starting group of 2, with 13 players.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:42 am

Post by charter »

Whatever, I don't care, if you're truly that dumb and think I'm making this up, then lynch me. If you've ever played with me, I never pick something this absurd to claim as scum, I always try and out a doc or cop. OH MY GOD, APPEAL TO EMOTION AND WIFOM TOO!!! Let's speedlynch him! (I'm betting that's OGML's next post).

Ether has just jumped up astronomically in scumminess because she hasn't mentioned me all game, then all of a sudden, my claim means I'm scum :roll:.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”