Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Zilla »

Happy Birthday SSK!
Grimmy wrote:
Zilla wrote: I don't like this: as if the case on Alabaska is just because he's not posting? No. Again, I'm very critical of Grimmy if Alabaska comes up scum.
I dont get this part.

I thought the motivation behind the ala votes were the name claim for his go to jail role.

I.E. rather than have a name of a property of a card, he has the full name of the officer in the picture?

To me, it seemed like he went too far with his fake claim, and this is why I found him suspicious enough for voting.

it has nothing to do with the lurker crap

Grimmy
full of lurker crap
You didn't say anything to that effect anywhere before, and you're not voting him. It appears you haven't even considered him as a candidate. Your stated reason that you didn't want to vote him is that "it would be hypocritical" when you had to go off lurking later.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Jebus »

I'm here, catching up on what happened in the last few pages.

For the record, I didn't go away, I was just super busy with paperwork stuffs that needed to be done earlier than I'd have expected. So yeah, school stuffs D:
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Zilla, I think this might be what Grimmy is talking about.
Grimmy wrote:im keeping my FOS.

why would he have the character name, and not just the name of the card like the rest of us?

(im counting me and the people who died in that tally)

i think he stretched a bit too far in this fake claim

Grimmy
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Grimmy »

Nightfall wrote:Zilla, I think this might be what Grimmy is talking about.
Grimmy wrote:im keeping my FOS.

why would he have the character name, and not just the name of the card like the rest of us?

(im counting me and the people who died in that tally)

i think he stretched a bit too far in this fake claim

Grimmy

I also stated that I wanted to give other people time to respond before putting him at L-1. I said why he is vote worthy, but also said why I am DELAYING my vote. I hope this is clearer now.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Zilla »

Though that's also possible that you're waiting to see if bussing is necessary.

Waiting on AJ's promised response. Jebus needs more content.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:47 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

VOTE COUNT

Alabaska J (2): Zilla, Jebus
Jebus (1): Alabaska J

Would you like another deadline?
[b]Co-Mod account for StrangerCoug and MafiaSSK for Hell Aboard the [i]Purple Flower[/i] and Monopoly Mafia[/b]
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:00 am

Post by ac1983fan »

StrangerSSK wrote:
No.
Vote: alabaska J

Tired of waiting.
Not a dayvig.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Zilla »

Yes, if it gets people to post...
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Jebus »

Alabaska J wrote:Also I'm Officer Edgar Mallory, a pro-town roleblocker.
I'm almost tempted to say bull-shit here. Good thing I know my Monopoly characters.
i'll probably be lynched, but here's one last analysis for use
when i turn up town
This bothers me. A lot.
Alabaska J wrote:
Jebus wrote:
Vote: Alabaska

For the sake of having my vote somewhere at the moment. Also, note my sig - am busy till this weekend.
it is too early in the day for this.
Vote: Jebus
I didn't plan on being back till about now, and thought that rather than just being gone, it'd be good to have my vote somewhere.
Sigh. hurry up so you can respond.

i know it's wifom but this continuing absence rubs me the wrong way.
I've got a life, you know, as I'm sure you and everyone else does. This is the busy part of my year, what with finals and all sorts of due dates right around the corner. I've just had much more than expected recently, sorry.

So currently, the flavour checks out for me, and I don't really think it could hurt to keep Alabaska around for a little bit, I just don't think Alabaska is the lynch for today.

Here's my scumlist, in order of scum (top) to town (bottom)
Alabaska J
ac1983fan
Grimmy
Nightfall
pacman281292
Braeden
ooba
Zilla

Really, Braeden and pacman haven't been here enough for me to have a good read on them, so count them as the turning point from towniness to scumminess.

As for ac1983fan,
Lurkers are at least a little more likely than nonlurkers to be scum.
No. From a personal standpoint, when I play as scum I find myself more interested in the game, and try a bit harder not to get inactive. From the standpoint of a mod, I find that scum roles usually don't need replacing nearly as much as town roles. Why I dislike lurker lynching purely on lurking. I do agree, though, that persistent lurking is scummy.

unvote, Vote: ac1983fan

To get off alabaska for the moment and focus on you. So questions -
>What do you think of Alabaska's claim now that you see the flavour fits?
>Other than Alabaska, who do you find town/scum?
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Zilla »

The claim of the officer is still suspicious, even though it's a part of the monopoly game. It conflicts with the Get Out Of Jail Free card being protown.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:38 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Jebus wrote: As for ac1983fan,
Lurkers are at least a little more likely than nonlurkers to be scum.
No. From a personal standpoint, when I play as scum I find myself more interested in the game, and try a bit harder not to get inactive. From the standpoint of a mod, I find that scum roles usually don't need replacing nearly as much as town roles. Why I dislike lurker lynching purely on lurking. I do agree, though, that persistent lurking is scummy.

To get off alabaska for the moment and focus on you. So questions -
>What do you think of Alabaska's claim now that you see the flavour fits?
>Other than Alabaska, who do you find town/scum?
First of all, in my personal experience, I have found that if you take the lurkers of a game, the percentage of them that are scum is probably higher than the overall percentage. Because lurking is antitown behavior, which no townie should be doing.
As for the questions:
>I'm thinking along the klines that he is possibly a scum roleblocker, because, like others have said, his flavor doesn't exactly matchup with the flavor of pro-town roles.
>Zilla and Nightfall seem protown to me, and gamma/ooba is slightly scummy in my eyes, although it looks like we are never going to get another post from either of them, and I don't know if we are gonna get a replacement any time soon... I'm getting neutral readings from the rest...
Not a dayvig.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rule 6 has been changed, so I recommend you take another look at it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Grimmy »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Rule 6 has been changed, so I recommend you take another look at it.
what did it say before?

did someone use red text?

and does quoting a mod message count?

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Zilla »

I disagree with focusing on lurkers just for lurking.

If scum knows their fellow scummates aren't lurkers, they can easily lead mislynches against lurkers. Therefore, in prosecuting lurkers, it should couple their lack of valid response in their posts with actual arguments against them.

AJ hasn't responded adequately, my vote remains.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Zilla »

I don't like Jebus listing AJ as his top suspect and then unvoting him, and then calling out AC for voting the same person he finds the most scummy.

I also don't like his questions that seem defensive of Alabaska.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Zilla »

Lastly, I don't like the "pushing a rock up a hill" feel it is to get people to vote at all. Not voting is anti-town. Voting gives us all a trace on people, and forces the scum to vote too, which makes them accountable.

So I highly recommend those who haven't voted to vote someone, with provided reasoning. Even if that reasoning isn't strong, it makes you accountable, and accountability is good for town.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Nightfall »

Jebus wrote: So currently, the flavour checks out for me, and I don't really think it could hurt to keep Alabaska around for a little bit, I just don't think Alabaska is the lynch for today.

Here's my scumlist, in order of scum (top) to town (bottom)
Alabaska J
ac1983fan
Grimmy
Nightfall
pacman281292
Braeden
ooba
Zilla

Jebus, how do you figure the flavour works as we have a dead pro-town get out of jail free card?

Also, if Ala is at the top of your most likely scum list,
you've made multiple points against him,
and he claims to be a roleblocker (if he is scum that's a scum roleblocker).
...Why are you of the mindset that "(you) don't really think it could hurt to keep Alabaska around for a little bit,"

I'm close to adding my vote to Ala, and your last post seems
a little to me like one trying to help out an in trouble scum partner.
Could you explain why you think we should keep Ala around?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Nightfall »

Darn simulposting lol
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Zilla »

Also, why am I suddenly obvtown?
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

pacman281292 wrote:OK, real life sucks.
My internet bill for the last 2 months somewhat sumed up to the equivalent of $800, so my mother is going to sue the telephone company. Meanwhile, I'm V/LA, and I see it will be long. So, I'll try to commit to the minimum stuff (i.e. modding the game I'm currently modding, finishing some yet advanced games, you know that kind of stuff).
Sorry folks.
MOD: Please replace me.
Show
Current statistics (not counting games previous to June 2010):
Align: W/L/O
Town: 0/1/0
Scum: 1/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

pacman281292 wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:OK, real life sucks.
My internet bill for the last 2 months somewhat sumed up to the equivalent of $800, so my mother is going to sue the telephone company. Meanwhile, I'm V/LA, and I see it will be long. So, I'll try to commit to the minimum stuff (i.e. modding the game I'm currently modding, finishing some yet advanced games, you know that kind of stuff).
Sorry folks.
MOD: Please replace me.
On it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Jebus »

Nightfall: I couldn't tell you how the flavour works yet, I've yet to see any pattern to any of it yet, and with no scum dead, I don't know the opposite of a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free Card. Sure, a jailer sounds possible, but I'm not going to go off that just yet.

As for the 'it couldn't hurt to leave Alabaska around', I mean that while I do find him scummy, he's a claimed roleblocker, and his alignment will become more clear further down the road.

As for having Alabaska at the top of my scumlist but not voting him, I really don't have much more than some scum vibes for anyone I found scummy. I've yet to see anything excessively scummy out of anyone still playing.

Zilla: You're obvtown because you've not done anything scummy at all since you replaced in.

I would go after Gamma for his self-vote way back if he were here, but no use in banging the door down if nobody's home :/

Also, will be gone till late Sunday. Hoping pacman and ooba can get replaced by the time I get back.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Zilla »

As for having Alabaska at the top of my scumlist but not voting him, I really don't have much more than some scum vibes for anyone I found scummy. I've yet to see anything excessively scummy out of anyone still playing.
These statements are arbitrarily related. That doesn't explain at all why you're not voting him, and in fact only makes it even more questionable. Also, this:
As for the 'it couldn't hurt to leave Alabaska around', I mean that while I do find him scummy, he's a claimed roleblocker, and his alignment will become more clear further down the road.
Means very, VERY little. You said you found him scummy. Despite him claiming roleblocker, you've already said you found him scummy.

You're saying two different things here, and actions speak louder than words. Unfortunately, your ties to AJ are questionable too, in that you could be sticking up for him because you know he's town.

AJ has done a poor job of defending himself. However, I think I'm onto something even juicier here.

unvote: Alabaska J
Vote: Jebus

I'll have to do a more thorough investigation later, but from what I've seen of your actions today, you're behaving quite suspiciously.
StrangerSSK
StrangerSSK
Goon
StrangerSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 am

Post by StrangerSSK »

Grimmy wrote:what did it say before?
Nothing about a specific punishment for using red, or at least it could be conceived that way. The rule was changed for clarity based on what we've decided to do.

Grimmy wrote:did someone use red text?
Not here, but somebody in our other game did, and I (StrangerCoug) realized that my rules weren't clear as for what to do in that specific situation.

Grimmy wrote:and does quoting a mod message count?
Quoting a mod PM still gets you modkilled straight up. If a quote box contains red, we won't enforce the change let alone the rule.
[b]Co-Mod account for StrangerCoug and MafiaSSK for Hell Aboard the [i]Purple Flower[/i] and Monopoly Mafia[/b]
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Nightfall »

VOTE: Alabaska
FOS: Jebus

I'm of the mindset that they are both scum and that Jebus is trying to pull Ala out from the fire. I'd vote both but if their both scum, I'd rather take out the roleblocker.
The get out of jail free and the jailer being on the same team also doesn't make sense to me.

Jebus wrote: As for having Alabaska at the top of my scumlist but not voting him, I really don't have much more than some scum vibes for anyone I found scummy. I've yet to see anything excessively scummy out of anyone still playing.
Those scum vibes are strong enough for you to vote AC though?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”