Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

EBWOP

RC wrote:Lynx 983 wrote:
Why should [sekinj] be spared today?

Why should you?

I mean, if I thought there was just one Cop for sure, I would take you over sekinj any day of the week, but that's not what's at issue here. You have to remember that your towniness is supported primarily by two things, one, that most of us consider you town based on our own reads, and two, sekinj's possible investigation (which you yourself would have to null because you don't believe her).

I have to tell you Lynx, you're moving closer to scum on my own personal list. I'd definitely call Rhinox town before you now.

This could of course change depending on the night kill/investigations.

Why would I possibly counterclaim the real cop as scum? Think about it for just a second? Is there any point to me countering when there has been relatively no suspcion on me all game? When the claimed cop has an innocent read on me? Why would I possibly throw that all out the window as scum to take out the cop when we're already down a member? It's just pointless and extremely absurd to me unless of course I am the real cop.

And I don't understand why you've been so adament about Don. Your unwavering belief in his claim is baffling me. The plan is all based around both of them telling the truth which is hard to swallow for me still.

I am not huge on the Spolium lynch right now. I'd much prefer Sekinj still. But considering I'm the cop it's not easy for me to let Sekinj go free. Her claim just feels like such Bull to me and why others are in doubt over it is beyond me.

I endorse the mass-claim
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I love this guys, I absolutely love this. Keep it up. I will go to the mat with Lynx, Spolium, or sekinj any day of the week.

(I mean, I'd prefer sekinj, but you know ;) )

No, seriously, this is good. Now I want spring back, she's missing out on all the fun. I can't wait to hear what Ice has in store for me.

---
Spolium 991 wrote:Of all the players currently voting me to L-1, sekinj is the only one who has actually offered something resembling a case.
Don't give me that "poor Spolium" routine. You've seen this wagon coming from a mile away, and what have you done to convince us otherwise?

I told you earlier when you were calling out spring that I had hoped to see more from you. I like you interrogating people Spolium, even if it's me.

So, yeah, here's my situation. I think I am within reason to eliminate Lynx, sekinj, don, spring, and myself from lynching. Who does that leave? Rhinox with an innocent report, Ice, who I've never had any particular problems with, and Goat.

I've been voting Goat; I've been pressuring Goat... but he's not here, and no one else has supported me or tried to back me up in anyway, although I can't, for the life of me, understand why it is he's been given such a pass. You and sekinj, shockingly, have completely let Goat fall to the wayside.

Who is the more realistic lynch Spolium, you or Goat?

If my alternative lynch isn't supported, and the person being voted isn't going to get aggressive (although jumping on me would probably be a good start XD) and start talking about who should be lynched, I think I'm in the right to vote you.
Spolium 991 wrote:It's apparent that you had to re-think between these excerpts, but how exactly does the second cop claim warrant the switch from Goat to me? How did you get from "Goat is the scummiest player" to "let's vote Spolium to clear up sanities"?
I have a bad habit of answering your questions with questions, but bare with me for a second.

If there are indeed two Cops and two Doctors, and there are very likely two Doctors, you don't think sanity is necessarily a priority discussion to be had?

The way I figure it, it's just further justification for lynching you. If we know sanities are a factor (and you coming up as scum would help that, don being killed would nearly prove it) then we have more reason to believe our Cops. If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane, we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop, giving us another mafia in Rhinox.

---
sekinj 994 wrote:I have already addressed this with don. Did you miss those answers?
Yeah, like I told you, I read posts chronologically. I read the answer "that the Mod told you right away" after I typed that.

But that doesn't change the validity of the issue in you not telling us immediately that Plonky didn't visit anyone N1.

You say you "don't see how it's a big deal" to miss investigations? I completely disagree.
sekinj 994 wrote:you seem to be selectively reading.
RC 990 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for repeating infomation that someone else has already said. I tend to read posts chronologically and immediately comment rather than read them all at once.
Look who's talking :P
sekinj 994 wrote:how in the world did you jump to the conclusion that I don't believe don.
Because the plan you support leaves him vulnerable. I know you want to stay alive at night, all players do, but you should understand that it's more important to have the Watcher/Doctor alive than a Cop.
Especially
when there's another Cop claim out.
sekinj 994 wrote:if you think he is the scummiest player, then give that reason when you vote him rather than crap about trying to make him stop lurking.
I did, hon!
RC 945 wrote:After sekinj's claim:
[Town]-spring--don--Lynx----Rhinox----sekinj-Ice9[∙]---Spolium---Goat--------[Scum]
If you're going to tell me you haven't noticed my constant badgering of Goat, basically since mid-Day 2 (one could even argue since D1, but I won't), then I'm going to flip.
sekinj 994 wrote:more stalling? I don't see why we need to wait. let's discuss now while more of us are alive!!
Why? I won't be voting either of you today.

(Note: this statement is entirely dependent on Spolium/Goat's potential claims)
sekinj 994 wrote:Let's just skip all that and mass claim!
If
, and that's still a very big if, Spolium
and
Goat happen to claim power roles, then a mass claim may make more sense.

As it stands, a majority of the players are still unclaimed, and I think it is in the town's interests to keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

I
do not
endorse a mass claim, and I think we're getting way too far ahead of ourselves with a deadline a couple of days away. Spolium needs to make a move, and this town need to press him to do so. I understand unwillingness to claim, but he needs to understand this town's concerns with getting the lynch right as well.
sekinj 994 wrote: there very well may not be any vanilla townies, and scum do not want to be a target by saying that
Excuse me? Do I need to cut fhq down from the noose we put around his neck?

How could you miss that, Officer sekinj?
sekinj 994 wrote:spolium is saying that it's impossible to defend against a process of elimination vote, and RC is saying the pat townie thing "you have to fight if you're town" bull bull bull.
Poppycock. Spolium is feeding us excuses and self-pity. He's been sitting on the sidelines for the better half of this game if you ask me. I'd say Rhinox, hell, I'd even say Ice has done more to get this town talking and thinking this game.

I don't want to be misunderstood like I'm saying Spolium is a bad player/townie or anything like that. Quite the contrary really, I enjoy reading Spolium's posts when he has something on his mind. I'm saying that, not unlike Goat, Spolium hasn't really done much lately.

It is unfortunate that circumstances beyond his control helped put him in this position, but I wouldn't say he's fought very hard to keep himself appearing valuable to this town.

Moreover, he's been aware of this fact, at least by posts from me, Goat, and spring.

---
Lynx 1000 wrote:Is there any point to me countering when there has been relatively no suspcion on me all game? When the claimed cop has an innocent read on me? Why would I possibly throw that all out the window as scum to take out the cop when we're already down a member?
Like sekinj said, and I agree with, there is a strong possibility that the setup is balanced through multiple power roles, right? You agree with this possibility? Well, if that's the case, wouldn't it make sense, for, like sekinj said, mafia to claim a power role? Why not two? I mean, you win either way as a Cop.

If sekinj comes up mafia, then you "have" to be the real Cop. If sekinj comes up Cop, then, hey, there's two Doctors! You're clear!

If you, as mafia, chose not to cc sekinj and just claim blue, sure, you aren't being suspected
today
, sure, you weren't suspected
yesterday
, but what about
tomorrow
? You're far from untouchable Lynx. Hypothetically, let's say tomorrow don takes a risk (please don't, don) and watched, I don't know, Ice? Ice dies. He says he saw Lynx visit Ice.

By claiming Cop, at least you've bought yourself some leeway, a blue claim would've gotten you none at all.

I wouldn't even argue that claiming Cop as mafia is necessarily more bold, given all the claims that have came out so far. I agree with sekinj on that, the mafia may very well be feeling this situation out.

Keep in mind that doesn't mean I think mass claiming is a good idea. Why do you support it? Other than the fact that you've already claimed I mean.
Lynx 1000 wrote:And I don't understand why you've been so adament about Don. Your unwavering belief in his claim is baffling me. The plan is all based around both of them telling the truth which is hard to swallow for me still.
don kept spring alive didn't he? don also called two no visits correctly in a game with possibly
four
(and very possibly even more) town roles visiting various people. You're going to call that luck? If don is mafia, then don is one hell of a ballsy mafia player.

And are you really still suggesting spring is scum? Really, Lynx?

Moreover, your plan of lynching sekinj today is completely based on you telling the truth, is it not? Actually Lynx, I want to press you harder. I think you have the burden of proof here, not us. There are very likely two Doctors, why is it, in your mind, more likely that there is only one Cop than there is two? I will grant you that both of us had a hard time accepting Jebus and spring as Doctors yesterday, but now that that's basically been proven the case, how come, all of a sudden, people warming to the idea of two Cops is "beyond you"?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Spolium »

RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 991 wrote:Of all the players currently voting me to L-1, sekinj is the only one who has actually offered something resembling a case.
Don't give me that "poor Spolium" routine.
Where are you getting this from? I'm pointing out that all but one case on me relies heavily on circumstantial evidence, which gives everyone a free pass to hop on without the risk of inaccurately declaring my play to be scummy. I'm a safe bet for scum, so I find my wagon suspicious as hell.
RedCoyote wrote:So, yeah, here's my situation. I think I am within reason to eliminate Lynx, sekinj, don, spring, and myself from lynching. Who does that leave? Rhinox with an innocent report, Ice, who I've never had any particular problems with, and Goat.

I've been voting Goat; I've been pressuring Goat... but he's not here, and no one else has supported me or tried to back me up in anyway, although I can't, for the life of me, understand why it is he's been given such a pass. You and sekinj, shockingly, have completely let Goat fall to the wayside.

Who is the more realistic lynch Spolium, you or Goat?

If my alternative lynch isn't supported, and the person being voted isn't going to get aggressive (although jumping on me would probably be a good start XD) and start talking about who should be lynched, I think I'm in the right to vote you.
As I said before, I can't defend myself effectively from a process of elimination. Further to this, I can't really justify pushing a case on Goat when he's not here to defend himself, and I'm certainly not going to push a case just to save my own skin.
RedCoyote wrote:I have a bad habit of answering your questions with questions, but bare with me for a second.

If there are indeed two Cops and two Doctors, and there are very likely two Doctors, you don't think sanity is necessarily a priority discussion to be had?

The way I figure it, it's just further justification for lynching you.
Sanity is a valid discussion, sure, but with the knowledge of my alignment I know that my flip isn't going to reveal squat about Spring, particularly if she's a quack doc who doesn't kill town. Scum would be aware of this, so my concern is that my lynch is being pushed so that Spring's role can remain ambiguous.
RedCoyote wrote:If we know sanities are a factor (and you coming up as scum would help that, don being killed would nearly prove it) then we have more reason to believe our Cops. If we can suspect one of the Cops is insane, we then know sekinj would be that insane Cop, giving us another mafia in Rhinox.
How would we know that sekinj is the insane cop in those circumstances?

What makes you think sekinj would be insane, as opposed to naive?

-
RedCoyote wrote:I love this guys, I absolutely love this. Keep it up. I will go to the mat with Lynx, Spolium, or sekinj any day of the week.
[offtopic]Interesting turn of phrase. Do you study martial arts at all?[/offtopic]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:16 am

Post by sekinj »

RC wrote:
sekinj 994 wrote:I have already addressed this with don. Did you miss those answers?
Yeah, like I told you, I read posts chronologically. I read the answer "that the Mod told you right away" after I typed that.
THen you shoudl have deleted it because your concern was answered, instead you went ahead and posted a mis-rep of what I said. AND you can't say you are chronologically reading, and then expect me to ignore a point you brought up because I already addressed it. If you bring it up after I have addressed it, I HAVE to assume you missed what I said. otherwise it is opening up the possibility that you or other players will think I am ignoring questions.
RC wrote:But that doesn't change the validity of the issue in you not telling us immediately that Plonky didn't visit anyone N1.
You say you "don't see how it's a big deal" to miss investigations? I completely disagree.
and another mis-rep!! I DID NOT say that plonky not sending in a vote was "not a big deal" I'm furious at plonky for that. that was stupid and show a lack of regard for all the other players and the game. i SAID that it wasnt' a big deal that I didn't spout everything I knew in one post, but rather used two posts, one right after the other. why is that a big deal??
RC wrote:
sekinj 994 wrote:you seem to be selectively reading.
RC 990 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for repeating infomation that someone else has already said. I tend to read posts chronologically and immediately comment rather than read them all at once.
Look who's talking :P
not funny. see above. you can't use chronologically reading as an excuse to bring up already resolved points.

RC wrote:
sekinj 994 wrote:how in the world did you jump to the conclusion that I don't believe don.
Because the plan you support leaves him vulnerable. I know you want to stay alive at night, all players do, but you should understand that it's more important to have the Watcher/Doctor alive than a Cop.
Especially
when there's another Cop claim out.
1) someone has to be vulnerable.
2) if don/spring just watch/protect each other, the scum will just pick off the cop and the town will know NOTHING the next day. (this of course changed with point number 3).
3) I created those scenarios BEFORE lynx claimed

RC wrote:
sekinj 994 wrote:if you think he is the scummiest player, then give that reason when you vote him rather than crap about trying to make him stop lurking.
I did, hon!
Lose the endearment, and give it to me the first time, don't make me drag it out of you. and dont' pretend I didn't have to drag it out of you because when you actually voted you stated it was ONLY to pressure him. you revise that only after I pointed it out.
RC wrote:
sekinj 994 wrote:more stalling? I don't see why we need to wait. let's discuss now while more of us are alive!!
Why? I won't be voting either of you today.
you are asking why we should discuss??? in case you didn't know scum kill townies and power roles at night. someone with town alignment will die tonight. I would rather discuss NOW whiel that person is still alive...

I am not liking this latest posting by RC. He is definitely back on my list of possible lynch canidates.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Ice9
Ice9
Townie
Ice9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Ice9 »

Apparently it was very chic for the rest of the players in the game to get together and write a novel in the thread in between my last post and now.

Sigh... I've got to do a more in depth read of what all just happened, but lets just say

Yes to Spolium claiming - and its not totally a process of elimination on you, its a process of elimination among people who I think stand a very good chance of being Budja's scumbuddy based on day one play. You must remember our sparring match over just that subject while Budja was still alive.

No to massclaim, unless Spolium drops another PR claim on us.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 am

Post by springlullaby »

back posting later.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:33 am

RC wrote:Lynx 1000 wrote:
Is there any point to me countering when there has been relatively no suspcion on me all game? When the claimed cop has an innocent read on me? Why would I possibly throw that all out the window as scum to take out the cop when we're already down a member?

Like sekinj said, and I agree with, there is a strong possibility that the setup is balanced through multiple power roles, right? You agree with this possibility? Well, if that's the case, wouldn't it make sense, for, like sekinj said, mafia to claim a power role? Why not two? I mean, you win either way as a Cop.

If sekinj comes up mafia, then you "have" to be the real Cop. If sekinj comes up Cop, then, hey, there's two Doctors! You're clear!

If you, as mafia, chose not to cc sekinj and just claim blue, sure, you aren't being suspected today, sure, you weren't suspected yesterday, but what about tomorrow? You're far from untouchable Lynx. Hypothetically, let's say tomorrow don takes a risk (please don't, don) and watched, I don't know, Ice? Ice dies. He says he saw Lynx visit Ice.

By claiming Cop, at least you've bought yourself some leeway, a blue claim would've gotten you none at all.

I wouldn't even argue that claiming Cop as mafia is necessarily more bold, given all the claims that have came out so far. I agree with sekinj on that, the mafia may very well be feeling this situation out.

Keep in mind that doesn't mean I think mass claiming is a good idea. Why do you support it? Other than the fact that you've already claimed I mean

I never agreed to the set-up being balanced through multiple power roles. Too many power roles get confusing and overbalance one side or the other. Hence why I've been especially skeptical of Don's claim and even more so of Sekinj's claim now.

Now you're saying two possibilites of me scum countering Sekinj scum or town. If she's mafia I'm accepted as the real cop. If she's town then I can argue my way out because there are two docs. This was my exact reasoning why Sekinj took the gamble and fake claimed cop. She's the one pushing this overkill power role setup by the mod. I just don't buy it.

And I I never said I was untouchable. Far from it. I was just pointing out the situation I was in it seemed absurd to counter a cop who has an innocent read on me. The only way in your theory you see me as mafia is based on Sekinj as mafia as well.

Ugh and again you've shown yourself to view Don's claim as fact rather than with a more skeptical approach. Which strangely you are doing with Sekinj's and my own claim.

The only reason I'm for a mass claim is because there has to be more vanillas like FHQ. I think any more revealed power roles would weaken the credibility of some of these previous claims which I'm still trying to see through here. But I can see why people are against a mass claim.

RC, a two docs, two cops and a watcher is just plain ridiculous for a mini regardless of sanity. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen a mini close to this. Thats why I think somebody's lying.
RC wrote:1000 wrote:
And I don't understand why you've been so adament about Don. Your unwavering belief in his claim is baffling me. The plan is all based around both of them telling the truth which is hard to swallow for me still.

don kept spring alive didn't he? don also called two no visits correctly in a game with possibly four (and very possibly even more) town roles visiting various people. You're going to call that luck? If don is mafia, then don is one hell of a ballsy mafia player.

And are you really still suggesting spring is scum? Really, Lynx?

Moreover, your plan of lynching sekinj today is completely based on you telling the truth, is it not? Actually Lynx, I want to press you harder. I think you have the burden of proof here, not us. There are very likely two Doctors, why is it, in your mind, more likely that there is only one Cop than there is two? I will grant you that both of us had a hard time accepting Jebus and spring as Doctors yesterday, but now that that's basically been proven the case, how come, all of a sudden, people warming to the idea of two Cops is "beyond you"?
Don has called very little as far as I'm can see. He watched you night one when Spring was the obvious target for that night. And of course he mixed up the role. Then night two he watched spring in accordance with the plan. We don't know if Jebus targeted Spring and any cop in his right mind would investigate either of the three of them and risk wasting an investigation. Scum would obviouslly be thinking about taking one of themm down. And whoever died would bring some light on their claims.

Not suggesting Spring as scum. Don is who I'm pointing at.

I'll say it again I highly doubt two docs two cops and a watcher. Just doesn't seem riight to me. Just cause there is a strong possibility of two docs certainly doesn't mean there are two cops.

I'm in a rush and I have to go. I'll post again later.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am

I meant to say in my last post that no cop in his right mind would investigate one of those poweroles and risk losing an investigation over clearing a townie. You make sense on Don though RC I hadn't thought of that. And I'm naturally skeptical of claims as well so I can see your point of view why you'd be cautious of my own. Of course to me it's going to appear much more obvious the circumstances of my claim. And it's easier for me to see through Sekinj than yourself because I know my role.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Ok, caught up.

First a question to the mod I just realized I didn't ask: are sanity revealed upon card flip?

Now, on the claim situation and setup of the game.

Multiple cops is a possibility, this game being a mini is not an argument against that possibility (see my mini with 3 cops and 2 doc of differing sanities). Here it may also be taken into account that this game was originally destined to be poetry themed, and I can very easily conceive the humour behind designing a particularly screwy setup for the express purpose of sowing confusing under these circumstances. That said, it is necessary to note here that trying to outguess the mod never goes very far, and the one only valid conclusion one may come to from this kind of speculation is that the nature of the claims are nulltells.

Now the relevant question here is how to deal with this situation.

From observation of the previously referenced game,

a) It is a mistake to expect any kind of information to be generated from night actions: scum have perfect information on that score and manipulations are easy.

b) The only way to play the day game is to judge gameplays only, and this starting now or we will get entangled into endless speculations.

c) None of the proposed night action plans work because we don't know the sanities of the claimed power. Not expanding on this but if I can see holes through it, so can scum.

d) Mass claiming is
stupid
: scum will lie, town will not. Under the present circumstances in which there is no deductive advantages to be gained from claims because of the screwy setup, massclaiming is simply akin to handing scum all the cards with no return benefit.

Now it's late. I'll post a game analysis tomorrow. Right now I believe Lynx more than sekinj, more on this later.

A couple of questions in meantime:

@Sekinj
, I'd like you to respond to my case on you point by point as inscribed in my following post:
http://www.mafiascum.net/foru/viewtopic ... 42#1599642

@Red Coyote,
why did you feel the need to notify Ice9 upon his replacement back that you and I both considered his slot to be town?

Also, I'd like to ask for an extension of 3-5 days please.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

springlullaby wrote:
First a question to the mod I just realized I didn't ask: are sanity revealed upon card flip?

[...]

Also, I'd like to ask for an extension of 3-5 days please.
Extension granted on account of your V/LA and goatrevolt being M.I.A.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Just thought of something...

Sekinj and Lynx, why don't you 2 do the same type of role PM flavor comparison that Jebus and spring did? It could give us an indication if one of you two are lying.

(If it was allowed before, it should be allowed now, right?)

I think sekinj should give a word which rhymes with the first couplet, in which lynx can verify and then reciprocate a word which rhymes with the second couplet for sekinj to verify.

(Assuming the structure is still AABB, as my role PM is also AABB)
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I'm putting down a ban on talking about your role PM rhymes.
Like I've said before, the rhymes were intended for flavor only, and the line of play is just too much of a grey zone.

Talking about your rhyme is a modkillable offense.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by sekinj »

@spring - that link is broken. what post are you wanting me to respond too?

@mod: Why did you grant spring's extension request right away when I asked for an extension twice for the same reason, her V/LA? it's not fair :(
ok, I'm done whining, I just had to get that out.

because of goat being gone. I just threw in the VLA for good measure. I would've extended the deadline anyway.
Also, because spring is superawesome. :p
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

linx wrote:Scum would obviouslly be thinking about taking one of themm down. And whoever died would bring some light on their claims.
i don't see what's so obvious here. by nk'ing the power roles, scum would only be helping town at this point. i.e. clearing players
and
their results.

RC: how does lynching spolium clear up sanity issues? i will look in the wiki, but i don't see how spolium's alignment would clear that up. if we lynch someone, it should be because we find them scummiest. i don't think we have enough info to determine sanities at this point.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ice9
Ice9
Townie
Ice9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Ice9 »

Spolium is taking a long time to give us a claim.

Claiming your role as town takes seconds.

Crafting a convincing fakeclaim is a serious time investment.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Ice9 wrote:Spolium is taking a long time to give us a claim.

Claiming your role as town takes seconds.

Crafting a convincing fakeclaim is a serious time investment.
Spolium hasn't posted anywhere on the site since friday, so I don't think he's intentionally stalling.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Spolium »

Sorry about the wait - it's been a busy day.

I'm vanilla town.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I skimmed up to this point.

I can't guarantee a high post frequency. This point of my life is not very conducive to intensive mafia playing. If you want to replace me, then you can, although I have never been replaced out of a game before, and I hate not honoring a commitment, and would like to play this one to the finish if possible. I'll leave that decision up to the mod and other players.

RC: I can't really address your suspicion on me because it's entirely based upon my absence. I understand that doesn't make me look pro-town in any sense, but I also don't see how that paints me as scum. Do you have anything from my play that leads you to believe I'm scum, or is it just my sparse posting as of late?

-----

Double cop, double doc? Double the fun!

I highly doubt all 5 of those roles are telling the truth. I would not put it past 1 or two of them to be scum. Here's a novel idea. Let's lynch based on behavior analysis, not role claims. Who feels like scum, and who feels like town, regardless of their alleged role claims or not. Seriously.

Lynx - I believe he is town. I have felt this way all game, and the manner of his counterclaim on Sekinj cements that for me. Scum pulling a counterclaim on someone who confirmed them as pro-town seems highly unlikely. I don't advocate lynching him at all.

Don - Hasn't rubbed me as scummy since day 1 when I pressured him on his FoS's but no vote. His target of RC made sense based on his claim of confusion. His target of Spring made sense last night. Not a lynch priority for me.

Spring - The likely choice for a N1 kill by scum. Spring is scum if the scum decided to not kill night 1 for the purpose of verifying her role. Seems extravagant and unnecessary. Not a lynch priority for me.

Sekinj - I could see her as scum. I need to read back through and see how her cop claim fits with her play, but the lynx target choice kind of surprises me. I don't recall her expressing suspicion of Lynx at all.

-----

No Spolium case as of now. To be honest, I'm not sure when/if I'll get around to putting one together. I don't have anything substantial on Spolium. There's no "Wham, only scum would say this!" post he made. It's based off my feeling that he's played a safe/wishy-washy game. Example: Early day 2, gave the impression of disbelief of Spring's claim. I argued in favor of Spring not being scum, he backed down. There is also stuff like day 1 his assertion of Ice avoiding him, which was quite the exaggeration, coupled with his later statement that "Ice9 felt town." Granted, he had backed off Ice by the end of day 1, but it was more of a "nobody else sees what I see in Ice, so I'll back off" not a "he feels town" kind of thing. I'm not getting the impression of genuine scumhunting or genuine suspicion from him, and I think some of the inconsistencies in belief (Ice felt town, swap on spring) are a result of him trying to tailor his opinions to fit that of the town.

Regardless of role claims, I still think Spolium is our best lynch, strictly on behavior. This game seems designed to confuse. The easiest way to find scum is to stick to who is scum based on behavior/ties to Budja, etc, regardless of claimed roles.

Here's my take on the game:

Town: Lynx, Spring, Don --- Ice, RC, Rhinox --- Sekinj, Spolium: Scum

Those in the middle are variables for me. Not much content from the artist formerly known as Ice over the course of the game so it's tough to get a concrete read, but I'll stick with my early town read for now. RC is a tricky one. I felt he was scummy in how he handled spring day 1. He felt strongly town day 2. Today I have a mixed read. The one nagging thing at my mind is that I believe he is suspicious of Sekinj, yet a recent post of his was written in more of a light tone, which doesn't express true suspicion. I'll look into that more. Rhinox, hmm...will look into more.

-----

I'm willing to claim if necessary. I don't see any reason not to go through with a mass claim at this point. Who remains unclaimed? Me, Rhinox...anyone else? Ice?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

Goat, you do realize you contradict yourself a couple times in that last post right?

The major contradiction being:
goat wrote:I don't have anything substantial on Spolium.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of role claims, I still think Spolium is our best lynch, strictly on behavior.
The minor contradiction being that you feel strongly that at least one of the claimed PR's is scum, but you'd rather lynch a player you don't have anything substantial on.
Goat wrote:I'm willing to claim if necessary. I don't see any reason not to go through with a mass claim at this point. Who remains unclaimed? Me, Rhinox...anyone else? Ice?
Me, you, ice, and RC, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don, have you ever played in a game with a watcher or tracker before?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 am

Post by springlullaby »

sekinj wrote:@spring - that link is broken. what post are you wanting me to respond too?
Here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 42#1599642
Post 855.
@mod: Why did you grant spring's extension request right away when I asked for an extension twice for the same reason, her V/LA? it's not fair :(

because of goat being gone. I just threw in the VLA for good measure. I would've extended the deadline anyway.

I think this should worry me.
The non response to my card flip question is intentional, yes? :P
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:24 am

Post by springlullaby »

Ebwop, tag fail.
springlullaby wrote:
sekinj wrote:@spring - that link is broken. what post are you wanting me to respond too?
Here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 42#1599642

Post 855.

I think this should worry me.
The non response to my card flip question is intentional, yes? :P
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:14 am

Post by don_johnson »

Rhinox wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i believe i was in one game with a "jack of all trades" who had a one shot tracker ability. other than that, no. i have been in mostly newbs and minis with basic roles.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Ice9
Ice9
Townie
Ice9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Ice9 »

Don, you intend to be watching spring tonight, yes?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

don_johnson wrote:
Rhinox wrote:

i believe i was in one game with a "jack of all trades" who had a one shot tracker ability. other than that, no. i have been in mostly newbs and minis with basic roles.

I checked your posts... all 40 pages of them, to check all the games you've been in. Open 111 had a watcher role possible, but it was mod abandoned after 30-some pages. Mini 730 had your joat tracker, as well as a full tracker. And Mini 722 had a watcher, but you were lynched D1.

See, I had to check because I still have a hard time believing that you didn't understand your role ability. Even if I believed that you didn't learn what a watcher was in O111 or M722, you certainly should have learned what a tracker was in M730. Upon receiving a role of watcher in this game, I'm not sure I can believe you would interpret your role as a tracker without at least a PM to the mod asking, "hey, is a watcher the same as a tracker?"

Furthermore, I'm not a mod, but I'm pretty sure its standard practice for all mods in a normal games to give a role PM to give more than just a role name, I.E. instructions for what you're supposed to do, and what results you should expect. And it really should have been a slam dunk watch on SL N1.

I also read back to when you claimed... you never said why you targeted RC. So... why did you choose to
track
RC (since you thought you were tracking)?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

Rhinox wrote:Upon receiving a role of watcher in this game, I'm not sure I can believe you would interpret your role as a tracker without at least a PM to the mod asking, "hey, is a watcher the same as a tracker?"
why would i ask the mod for something i thought i understood. i didn't need clarification until i got my reslults.
rhinox wrote: Furthermore, I'm not a mod, but I'm pretty sure its standard practice for all mods in a normal games to give a role PM to give more than just a role name, I.E. instructions for what you're supposed to do, and
what results you should expect.
And it really should have been a slam dunk watch on SL N1.
bolded was not included. i thought if i watched RC i would see whether or not he was home. that was not the case.
rhinox wrote:I also read back to when you claimed... you never said why you targeted RC. So... why did you choose to
track
RC (since you thought you were tracking)?
i was extremely suspicious of RC day one. i thought if i watched him, i would get a result of, "he wasn't home", meaning he was out cavorting with his mafia buddies. i didn't completely misunderstand my role, i thougt the ability was more akin to what "tracker" does.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”