Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Phelan »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Phelan wrote:Why are you advocating L-1 on Platypus? Isn't this group pressure to claim? Also, I don't think the effect will be the same by now as when Porkens posted.
Why are you helping? I don't see any reason for your vote besides Porkens saying that we were connected. That makes me believe you're only trying to throw suspicion off yourself.
The reason wasn't as explicit as I thought, but it was there:
Phelan wrote:
muzzz wrote:(snipped quotes)
I took the liberty of providing the proper context for your quote. And I'm not too thrilled about this. Quoting something out of context is one thing. But to leave an unexplained "this stuck out to me" dangling around... Either you're being extremely careless, or you're deliberately trying to make that comment look suspicious.
Yeah, I find this strange too. Hence my vote not being random anymore.
I was voting for you because you seemed the most suspicious person at the time because of that.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 am

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:It probably would have been better to bring the language thing up earlier, instead of saying it after you used a word scum might accidentally use.
If it matters to you, I did mention being a non-native English speaker before.
Platypus_Dude wrote:I took you saying, 'I really need to stop bugging you,' as you plan to try to fit in a bit more, or lurking/posting less content.
I think lurking is bad. But fitting in is part of everyone's role here, including vanilla townies. Townies that look scummy are usually not a big help. So yeah, to a certain extent, I'll try to avoid that in any game I play in.
Platypus_Dude wrote:You're close to even with delathi right now.
The last time you mentioned delathi before voting me was in reply to my questions. "I don't have enough suspicion of him" was the reason you gave for not voting for him. So being even with him shouldn't be any reason to vote me.

I want to know why you voted for me, even though you didn't vote for delathi. And I want to know why you insist on giving so little explanation. If I were in your position, I'd want to make sure that people don't think I'm voting out of fear of getting lynched.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Phelan: Misquoting someone is against my 'Code of Honor' if you will. I wouldn't do that on purpose regardless of alignment because I wouldn't want to win that way.
Muzzz wrote:If it matters to you, I did mention being a non-native English speaker before.
Hmm, I don't remember reading that. I just looked through quite a few of your posts, and I couldn't find it. Could someone find the post?
Muzzz wrote:But fitting in is part of everyone's role here, including vanilla townies. Townies that look scummy are usually not a big help. So yeah, to a certain extent, I'll try to avoid that in any game I play in.
Fitting in is what scum try to do so they don't get caught. Being a helpful townie is what townies should strive for (IMO), so the scum are easier to catch.
Muzzz wrote:The last time you mentioned delathi before voting me was in reply to my questions. "I don't have enough suspicion of him" was the reason you gave for not voting for him. So being even with him shouldn't be any reason to vote me.
My suspicions on him include a fairly strong gut feeling. My suspicions on you are mostly things that you have written or the way you write things.
Muzzz wrote:And I want to know why you insist on giving so little explanation. If I were in your position, I'd want to make sure that people don't think I'm voting out of fear of getting lynched.
I generally don't like talking (which has to do with typing/writing), and I'm a bit lazy.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Phelan »

Platypus_Dude wrote:Phelan: Misquoting someone is against my 'Code of Honor' if you will. I wouldn't do that on purpose regardless of alignment because I wouldn't want to win that way.
I've read the rest of the posts by now, and I think you have said it or something like it before.
However, I have no way to verify that.

I'm not so sure about my vote now, though. From the posts that happened between now and then(just finished reading them), I didn't suspect you as much. It might also be due to me being absent, so I'll wait until I reread to be sure.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:Hmm, I don't remember reading that. I just looked through quite a few of your posts, and I couldn't find it. Could someone find the post?
In the spirit of teaching: you can find it quickly by bringing up a list of my posts and using your browsers "find text" function to look for the word "native".
Platypus_Dude wrote:I generally don't like talking (which has to do with typing/writing), and I'm a bit lazy.
Mafia is all about talk. You must've known that before you got into this game. And you probably knew that people would expect you to justify votes. So I'd like to see you explain how the way you handled this last vote is pro-town.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by muzzz »

I almost forgot:
Platypus_Dude wrote:Fitting in is what scum try to do so they don't get caught. Being a helpful townie is what townies should strive for (IMO), so the scum are easier to catch.
We can argue the semantics of fitting in if you want to. Or those of helpful townie. But neither of them address my point that townies should avoid creating unnecessary suspicion.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Muzzz wrote:In the spirit of teaching: you can find it quickly by bringing up a list of my posts and using your browsers "find text" function to look for the word "native".
Found it.
Muzzz wrote:Mafia is all about talk. You must've known that before you got into this game. And you probably knew that people would expect you to justify votes. So I'd like to see you explain how the way you handled this last vote is pro-town.
Yep, I knew. That's why I signed up. I need to develop better social skills, and this is a generally fun way to do it. As for my vote, I'm fine with voting someone that I have a visually better case on (I'm not sure if that's worded the right way). You've said 'victim' while referring to someone being lynched, and you had some iffy behavior around the time of the Wolf and Porkens event.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:Yep, I knew. That's why I signed up. I need to develop better social skills, and this is a generally fun way to do it. As for my vote, I'm fine with voting someone that I have a visually better case on (I'm not sure if that's worded the right way). You've said 'victim' while referring to someone being lynched, and you had some iffy behavior around the time of the Wolf and Porkens event.
I don't understand what you mean by "visually better". Could you explain that?

As for the rest: I don't really like how you came up with a reason for not explaining yourself in general. No matter how good that reason is, it's just too convenient.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Archaist »

muzzz wrote:No matter how good that reason is, it's just too convenient.
That's a pretty narrow minded outlook. If no reason is good enough for something then you're basically saying that once you suspect someone that's final and there's nothing they can do to sway your opinion. Not changing your opinion in the light of new evidence and conversation is stubborn. How will single minded suspicions help the town?
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Muzzz: You have a
lot
of resistance to vote me. Right now, you keep calling me out on things, but you don't vote me. Why? I'm not asking you to vote me, but wow. Your vote has remained on Porkens this entire time.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Platypus_Dude wrote:Muzzz: You have a
lot
of resistance to vote me. Right now, you keep calling me out on things, but you don't vote me. Why? I'm not asking you to vote me, but wow. Your vote has remained on Porkens this entire time.
I'm happy to see it, actually. If he were just attacking me, he could be accused of tunnel vision.

And...I can't not still be happy with my PD vote.

I think a lynch would do wonders for the game; our day 1 is bordering on the academic at this point.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by muzzz »

Archaist wrote:
muzzz wrote:No matter how good that reason is, it's just too convenient.
That's a pretty narrow minded outlook. If no reason is good enough for something then you're basically saying that once you suspect someone that's final and there's nothing they can do to sway your opinion. Not changing your opinion in the light of new evidence and conversation is stubborn. How will single minded suspicions help the town?
There's no single minded suspicion here. At least not one of the "he's definitely scum" type (more on that later). I just honestly believe that no-one should ever be allowed to get away with not explaining things on a regular basis. That would feel like a "get out of jail free" card, and I don't like giving those away in mafia games.
Platypus_Dude wrote:Muzzz: You have a
lot
I have some issues with your vote on me. Most are centered around the fact that I don't see why a townie would act the way you acted. But I don't really have anything that says you're more likely to be scum than a townie with a playstyle that rubs me the wrong way. Some of it is a bit circumstantial, as well.

But if it makes you feel any better: only Porkens is higher up my suspicion list right now. I might still vote for you if lynching him turns out to be infeasible today.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Post by muzzz »

Porkens wrote:And...I can't not still be happy with my PD vote.
What's a PD vote?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 am

Post by Porkens »

"Platypus_Dude
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:35 am

Post by delathi »

muzzz wrote:
Porkens wrote:And...I can't not still be happy with my PD vote.
What's a PD vote?

My assumption there is PD = Platypus_Dude?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 am

Post by muzzz »

Porkens wrote:"Platypus_Dude
D'oh!
Porkens wrote:I think a lynch would do wonders for the game; our day 1 is bordering on the academic at this point.
I've been thinking about this quite a bit. A large part of me is anxious to get to the part where we actively try to lynch someone. Another part of me is still hoping that the non-voters will make up their minds soon. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I'd like to give them a few more days.
Phelan wrote:Oh, and to make it official:
Unvote, Vote: Platypus
I found this during re-reading, but the only prior vote I could find was on Platypus as well. Did I miss one?
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:39 am

Post by delathi »

muzzz wrote:
Phelan wrote:Oh, and to make it official:
Unvote, Vote: Platypus
I found this during re-reading, but the only prior vote I could find was on Platypus as well. Did I miss one?
I saw that too and figured he was unvoting his random vote and voting his unrandom vote in an attempt at cleverness. Or has bad book keeping skills and thought his random was for someone else.
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Korlash »

Porkens wrote:I'm happy to see it, actually. If he were just attacking me, he could be accused of tunnel vision.

And...I can't not still be happy with my PD vote.

I think a lynch would do wonders for the game; our day 1 is bordering on the academic at this point.
Muzzz wrote:But if it makes you feel any better: only Porkens is higher up my suspicion list right now. I might still vote for you if lynching him turns out to be infeasible today.
*breaths* Whew... Here I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find anything damn worthy in this game...

Let me start with the Porkens quote. i agree that voting someone doesn't mean you must only grill that person. You, as a townie, should always keep an open mind and always question other people when you need to as well as the person you are voting.

However,... Saying "Porkens is higher up on my suspicion list" and "I may change votes if his lynch seems inevitable" is not alright. Do a little search by author on yourself and tell me when the last time you actually said anything remotely close to questioning him and helping his lynch? I'll help you out.

The last post you actually truely did anything at all resembeling pushing an attack or discussing his scummy actions was when you voted him. That was 35 of your posts ago, that's like... post 104 on page 5. The only other time you even showed interest in him was a few posts later when you posted:
Muzzz wrote:@Porkens: what's your perception of Korlash? Are you aware that you still haven't answered those two questions we discussed earlier?
And that's it... 10 days of almost totally ignoring your top suspect. That makes no sense. You're talking about wanting to lynch him yet you aren't doing anything to help find evidence in order to do it.

Finally I have a good enough reason to vote you,
Unvote:, Vote: Muzzz

I also wanted to make a quick note about Porken's post I quoted. Counting it up he has now been quick to try and get claims and quick to try and get lynches. He defends the guy voting him because he knows he isn't tunnel visioning yet he fails to mention the lull in actual attention from Muzzz he's been getting. It seems very strange for a town to overlook the lack of attention from a vote while simultaniously enjoying the attention of others.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Korlash »

EBWOP: Quick little edit there, Porkens has been quick to try and get A claim and A lynch. I didnt mean to imply he had tried to get multiple of either of those.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Porkens wrote:I'm happy to see it, actually. If he were just attacking me, he could be accused of tunnel vision.
His vote is on you, and that is basically the extent of his 'attacking' recently.

Delathi: You're last two posts haven't shone any signs of where you stand on what's happening. Care to share?
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:25 am

Post by delathi »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
His vote is on you, and that is basically the extent of his 'attacking' recently.

Delathi: You're last two posts haven't shone any signs of where you stand on what's happening. Care to share?
I'm waiting on MordyS to respond to my prodding and trying to make up my mind whether to move my vote towards someone who I don't suspect as much who has a more likely chance of lynching or keep it there to avoid lynching someone I don't get as bad a feeling from.
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by muzzz »

Korlash wrote:And that's it... 10 days of almost totally ignoring your top suspect. That makes no sense. You're talking about wanting to lynch him yet you aren't doing anything to help find evidence in order to do it.

Finally I have a good enough reason to vote you,
Unvote:, Vote: Muzzz
I stopped pushing Porkens because he simply didn't respond to it. Much like I feel Platypus isn't responding in any meaningful way at the moment. And you can't know what I did to find evidence. You only know what I said I found: nothing new. I've made my case against Porkens. I could reiterate it if you really want me to. But the core remains the same.

From my perspective, you're voting for me because the most significant scumtell I saw was early in the game. I can't defend myself from that. Most of the points you've made against me seem better reasons for a vote than what you've just provided.
Korlash wrote:Do a little search by author on yourself [...]
This is pretty bold coming from someone who unvoted before he really cleared the non-voters list. 8-)
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Archaist »

muzzz wrote:I just honestly believe that no-one should ever be allowed to get away with not explaining things on a regular basis.
muzzz wrote:I stopped pushing Porkens because he simply didn't respond to it. Much like I feel Platypus isn't responding in any meaningful way at the moment.
See any inconsistency there? People shouldn't be able to get away with not explaining things, yet you stop pushing them when they don't respond, effectively letting them get away with not explaining things? Pure hypocrisy.

Vote: muzzz
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Muzzz wrote:I stopped pushing Porkens because he simply didn't respond to it. Much like I feel Platypus isn't responding in any meaningful way at the moment. And you can't know what I did to find evidence. You only know what I said I found: nothing new. I've made my case against Porkens. I could reiterate it if you really want me to. But the core remains the same.
You stopped pushing Porkens yet still find him the top suspect... that right there is a ead giveaway your full of BS. And I can know what you did to find evidence because it's all in the thread. Unless you want to say you've been doing some scum hunting outside the game. You can't find evidence to use against Porkens nor can you find any reasons to back up your suspicions on him unless you make comments on his posts and direct questions towards him or his cases.

I shouldn't have to want you to reiterate your case. You have kept yoru vote on him and you just recently said you still found him MORE suspicious then the guy you have been dealing primarily with. YOU should want to reiterate your case constantly to make Porkens respond to it and thus give you either more evidence or at least ease your suspicions.
Muzzz wrote:From my perspective, you're voting for me because the most significant scumtell I saw was early in the game. I can't defend myself from that. Most of the points you've made against me seem better reasons for a vote than what you've just provided.
What I provided was proof your vote on Porkens isn't justified nor is it being backed up. It's a contradiction to your "everyone lets try and figure out who to lynch before deadline" statements. You want the rest of us to vote and find a target yet are to daft to push your own lynch target. this can mean a number of different things, most of them makes you scum. Quid Pro Qui, you are scum.
Muzzz wrote:This is pretty bold coming from someone who unvoted before he really cleared the non-voters list.
I fail to see how that has any corrilation at all... Mine actually had a purpose yours seems like a snide little belitteling remark that will only help lead to your downfall. But whatever, think what you like. When you join a game where the mod has strict rules about voting and unvoting you'll understand why i try to follow the pattern I used every time every game.
Arch wrote:See any inconsistency there? People shouldn't be able to get away with not explaining things, yet you stop pushing them when they don't respond, effectively letting them get away with not explaining things? Pure hypocrisy.
I didn't notice this one. Fully endorse this attack though. Muzzz'z play does seem to have the occasional full scale contradiction and hypocracy mindset.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Claus »

Vote Count

Platypus_Dude
- 3 - Phelan, Porkens, MordyS
Muzzz
- 3 - Platypus_Dude, Korlash, Archaist
MordyS
- 1 - delathi
Porkens
- 1 - Muzzz

Not voting: Wolf

With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”