Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Lots of people not quickhammering Looker is a good sign~~~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

... Does that mean I should think about hammering him?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez 826 wrote:... Does that mean I should think about hammering him?
Probably.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I suppose a far more important question is...

Do you TRUST me to hammer him?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez 828 wrote:I suppose a far more important question is...

Do you TRUST me to hammer him?
If you bothered to ask the question, the answer is yes.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

EDIT: Or were you asking if I'm expecting you to hammer if you offered?

It would be nice.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm considering it, I am going to look through the thread at the case against Looker.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Vi wrote:Hey P. Molinero. If B_B flips scum, Looker gets autolynched. What's keeping you from switching?
The above, as P. Molinero pointed out, has is that Vi hasn't done anything to prove I'm scummy.

Vi: Hm...okay, that didn't work, let's try you!
[period of time]
This didn't work, so YOU'RE SCUM!
[another period of time]
Okay, okay, fine. That means YOUR SCUM!
[another period of time]
Okay, none of those worked, SO BB'S OBVIOUS SCUM! Can anyone find a reason that he isn't scum?
This is funny coming from you, because your suspicions have shifted as much as Vi's have if not more, and they have never been very strong until now.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Okay, the key issue with his argument is that he didn't ask or consider the opposite question: Can anyone find a reason BB ISN'T town?

Well? What am I supposed to do if my play style is inherently scummy or if my general actions are considered "cautious?"
WHAT?! Your playstyle is inherently scummy? How is that even a defense?
Beyond_Birthday wrote:I didn't hammer looker because I'm not so certain he's scum. ANd even if I was, reckless all out assault play at lylo will NOT secure victory. As a town, we must be calm and logical. Vi, on the other hand, doesn't even care anymore. If he's town aligned, he's playing recklessly and and without even the slightest concern for the town. I, on the other hand, currently think Vi is scum. Whether in jest or not, Vi is kind of close to just buying votes from Looker and making deals with Pablo that, when I flip town, will never be fulfilled cause Vi will win.
And I think he just won mine by you once again stating with certainty that we're at lylo.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:So far, Vi has just attacked people relentlessly, and his lack of case against me is pathetic. The other person here who I would think to actual find issue with this, Zach, has recently posted like a lapdog to Vi, thus making him an exceptionally likely scum partner to Vi.
It could be that I find most of his attacks on me a fair minded effort to find scum.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:I'm sorry, I missed the part where Pablo tells us who he thinks the scum are.

Are there reasons for suspecting Vi? Are there reasons to believe Beyond is NOT scum?
Why do you refuse to consider Vi-scum a possibility?
Well you never really seemed to feel he was scum very strongly when he wasn't coming after you. Then he came after you, then you thought he was scum. Then I came after you, then you thought I was scum.
Beyond_Birthday wrote:Why do you refuse to consider BB is town? Do you realize that just because you can't find something that blantantly screams "I'm TOWN" in a person's play style that it doesn't necessarily condemn them to being scum, or are you so naive that you're actually going to follow Vi to your (death if your town, or victory if your scum.) Based on my opinion that you do, in fact, have a brain, I'd say the latter is far more likely. That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here. You're mafia in my book too.
META DEFENSE ALERT! That's not scummy at all.

Yeah... I'm dying to know why you won't hammer looker.

So I'm going to do that now.

Vote: Looker

*Turns away and covers eyes*
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Archon »

Pablo Molinero wrote:I'm willing to cut B-B a little slack in his recent attitude, but not a whole lot. If you're town, bleedin' defend yourself!

arch
Okay, there has to be a problem with that. SOMEONE HAS to be voting for me, what with the constant shifty-eyed looks and the context that my name is constantly used in.
Anyone else find this really bizarre? I'm not sure scummy is the right word, but it's odd as hell to attract attention to yourself like this.

Looker's blatant statement of
no it just says that i'm town. sorry for the misunderstanding
and his recent lack of activity keeps my vote on him for now. I don't care about your lies and silence sure doesn't help you. Oh, I'm waiting for Setael to resurface, too.
You forget the little fact that I'm completely insane!

Oh, and goodbye, Looker.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Grimmy »

After suffering from a near sugar coma from all the discounted easter candy, The Grimmodulator enters the realm of Grimmafia as he has heard the cries of the young ones who declared that they have made up their minds to eliminate one of their own.

The almighty and APPARENTLY BETTER AT MATH surveys the situation and proceeds to update the vote count.

Looker

Archon
Pablo Molinero
hasdgfas
Vi

Zachrulez

Beyond_Birthday

and finally,
Beyond_Birthday

Zachrulez

Due to a technicality in the basic rules of mafia, Zach's vote has not moved.

While mods are granted permission to wave said rules of voting and unvoting in these situations, I prefer to enforce said rule this time, if for no other reason than to hear the collective facepalms of the players in my little game.

mu hu ha ha ha ha ha.

Ill check in tomorrow when this is cleared up., but for now, in the immortal words of Nelson the Bully...

HA HA!!!

Grimmy
will be back tomorrow when this oversight will likey be cleared up..

heheheh

sorry
too funny to resist!!!
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Looker »

unvote vote: Archon

FOS Vi & Zach
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

oh, did I not unvote?

I hate that rule.

Unvote, Vote: Looker
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Zachrulez wrote:oh, did I not unvote?

I hate that rule.
QFT
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Archon »

Looker wrote:
unvote vote: Archon

FOS Vi & Zach
What?
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Grimmy 834 wrote:While mods are granted permission to wave said rules of voting and unvoting in these situations, I prefer to enforce said rule this time, if for no other reason than to hear the collective facepalms of the players in my little game.

mu hu ha ha ha ha ha.
Speaking frankly, I don't foresee us running into this problem many more times.
I think I speak for the collective in saying that you'll be seeing a lot of brand-new faces in your next game.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

hasdgfas wrote:
BB wrote:As a town, we must be calm and logical.
logical, sure. calm, really? Why do you feel town needs to be calm? I'd say non-calm town are the best because it throws scum off their game.
BB wrote:That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here.
Like Vi said, if you say this, you know your scum meta, therefore can play another way when scum, therefore, it's no longer just your scum meta.
In theory, this is true. But then, that would be to say, all meta is irrelevant. However, he didn't say this. He said:
Vi wrote:
B_B 822 wrote:That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here.
The moment you say this is the moment it loses all credibility~
Which gives me the feeling of: "Your not allowed to defend yourself that way."
Well why the hell not? If no one ELSE has done anything in my defense, I have to do the one thing that can defend me in this case and provide that as relevant information. I maybe a mere townie, but at lylo, even I cannot be lynched. Day 1, venial mislynch. Lylo, it is to lose. To say that a defense is any less valid JUST BECAUSE I brought it up is the dumbest most irrational idea a town aligned individual could conceive.

Had someone else presented my meta as a defense, then I could see how my clinging to it (not that I have aside from the fact play style is play style and should be considered thus irrlevent) is fairly scummy, but this is false. No one else thought of this. Zach, who played a very recent game with me=scum, should realize I don't play this way. Sure, it was "different," but even so, look at my town meta and see that the play style you accuse me for happened in that game too. If town, Vi is truly a simple minded fool. However, I think he's scum who manipulating the town into mislynching just ONE more time so he can coast to an easy victory.

@ Zach: your entire case is BS.

Also: ...Fuck...you do realize you could have lost us the game if your wrong.

On the other hand, the potential scum team I had lined up for Looker, Zach and Vi, is now completely unreasonable...

*Headdesk*

I just wanna know who scum is at this point. I guess we'll know whenever grimmy returns.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Actually, since it looks like Vi is coaching Zach, I'd assume Pablo is the other scum? It is also possible for Vi Pablo and has...

And then the other possibility is Looker is scum. Which, while I hope is true, I realize would result in town loss because then I would most likely be lynched. I suppose I conclude that town can't win from my perspective.

Fuck, I have to add my first town loss...damn...(And the mafia loss hit me pretty hard to...>.<)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Vi »

I don't seem to have an image to say it in an amusing way, so:

Sheddap.

If Looker is not scum, your whining won't do anything at this point.

If Looker is scum, you can pine 'n' whine all you want tomorrow, as it's almost assured you'll still be around.

Either way, you're trying to use Appeal to Emotion at a time when you know it won't do anything
and
annoying me at the same time. You can stop now.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Grimmy »

Zachrulez wrote:oh, did I not unvote?

I hate that rule.

Unvote, Vote: Looker
Like I said, I dont like the rule, but I couldnt resist the chance to tease you guys

Grimmy
will put up the lynch scene shortly
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Grimmy »

Vi wrote:
Grimmy 834 wrote:While mods are granted permission to wave said rules of voting and unvoting in these situations, I prefer to enforce said rule this time, if for no other reason than to hear the collective facepalms of the players in my little game.

mu hu ha ha ha ha ha.
Speaking frankly, I don't foresee us running into this problem many more times.
I think I speak for the collective in saying that you'll be seeing a lot of brand-new faces in your next game.
Sorry to hear the dissapointment in your comment. This game has been a learning experience, with a very steep learning curve.

In all seriousness, I do apoligize for the extra stress/less amusement this game may have caused any of you, including those who replaced out. I wish you the best on your future games, and hope that if we do cross paths again in other games, you wont hold a grudge.

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Grimmy »

So the towns gather together and decides that our dear mayor Grimmy needs to die. However, since this is not a viable option at this time, they decide to turn their agressions on Looker.

and it is a good thing too, because at the sun was setting on the horizon, Looker appeared to be getting more agressive...angrier....and hairier?

The villagers quickly react in time to put this WEREWOLF down with a bunch of silver utensils they had lying around the main hall. Somewhere, a howl of anger is heard, and the villagers know that this may be their worst night yet.

Looker- Werewolf- was lynched day 3

We have now enetered the Night phase, and all players with night actions should PM me as soon as possible to get the next day started. Day will begin next thursday at Noon, est.

grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

The new day begins...

The sun is shining.

The birds are singing.

The sky is clear.

and there is not enough left of
Vi - townie
to give her a proper burial. The bloodless corpse was shredded to ribbons. Whoever did her in, they did it with a vengeance!

The town looks disappointedly at the mod in the sky, who simply shrugs and declares it wasnt his decision. He had made peace with Vi before she left this mortal coil.

But the mod now wonders who will leave next.
Show

Rishi wrote:

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Vi »

On my way out, I'd like to publicly apologize for post 839. I was way out of line.

Good luck, everyone. Enjoy the beautiful day the mod put together for you :P
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Hrm. Things are not looking so hot for you, Beyond. Time to reread.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Just checking in.

Interested in what Beyond has to say.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”