The Apprentice: MafiaScum - Someone Hired!

Who would you rather work for?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Donald Trump
32%
ShadowLurker
68%
Blackberry
No votes

Total votes: 207

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Task 4

The Project Managers this week will be
dahill1
and
SensFan

This week, each of the teams must come up with three to five riddles. They must assign point values to them such that the hardest riddles are worth the most points. The total sum of the points must equal 15. They will have 48 hours to come up with the riddles
and
get them approved by me. If I think a riddle has multiple answers, I will approve it, but accept all possible answers.

The second portion will be that teams must work on the other team's riddles for 48 hours. Whoever gets the most points by solving the other team's riddles wins!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:In the interests of openess:

[18:49] SensPizzaLine: Are you implying I haven't "put up" in Apprentice?
[18:49] jdodge1019: no
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: k
[18:50] jdodge1019: i'm implying that you'd be the sort of person who it would be hilarious to see try to be PM
[18:50] jdodge1019: which would give me the best advantage
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: So you don't think I can do it, is what you're saying?
[18:50] jdodge1019: no not really
[18:50] jdodge1019: i think if you do do it it'll be on the backs of your team
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: Well, I respect your opinion.
[18:50] jdodge1019: and you'll take credit for you anyways
Well, I was trying to be nice there, but the real reason I said what I said is because I feel you're a bit of an egomaniacal jackass most of the time. I like how you missed the end part of that conversation:

[06:52:36 PM] senspizzaline: Wow. You really don't respect me then, do you?
[06:52:42 PM] jdodge1019: i respect you
[06:52:53 PM] jdodge1019: i just think you've got too domineering a personality for this
[06:53:04 PM] senspizzaline: Fair enough.
[06:53:25 PM] senspizzaline: Though you may note I took full responsibility for my choices and actions as PM in RSX.
[06:53:32 PM] jdodge1019: yes
[06:53:49 PM] jdodge1019: but that was an example
[06:53:54 PM] jdodge1019: of where you actually did all the work
[06:54:06 PM] senspizzaline: But I gave full credit to Panzer and PEG.
[06:54:12 PM] senspizzaline: For the importance they had.
[06:54:19 PM] senspizzaline: But whatever.
[06:54:30 PM] senspizzaline: I hope I will have your support during the task.
[06:54:37 PM] jdodge1019: of course you will
[06:54:43 PM] jdodge1019: i wouldn't turn my back on my own team

Where you doubt my commitment to the team, probably because you feel I have some sort of grudge against you, and say that "well, I take full responsibility for my actions!" when we had the gigantic conversation over me daring to say that ShadowGirl not contributing when she was clearly around and looking for direction could ever possibly be the project manager's fault.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 am

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:
SensFan wrote:In the interests of openess:

[18:49] SensPizzaLine: Are you implying I haven't "put up" in Apprentice?
[18:49] jdodge1019: no
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: k
[18:50] jdodge1019: i'm implying that you'd be the sort of person who it would be hilarious to see try to be PM
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: So you don't think I can do it, is what you're saying?
[18:50] jdodge1019: no not really
[18:50] jdodge1019: i think if you do do it it'll be on the backs of your team
[18:50] SensPizzaLine: Well, I respect your opinion.
[18:50] jdodge1019: and you'll take credit for you anyways
Well, I was trying to be nice there, but the real reason I said what I said is because I feel you're a bit of an egomaniacal jackass most of the time. I like how you missed the end part of that conversation:

[06:52:36 PM] senspizzaline: Wow. You really don't respect me then, do you?
[06:52:42 PM] jdodge1019: i respect you
[06:52:53 PM] jdodge1019: i just think you've got too domineering a personality for this
[06:53:04 PM] senspizzaline: Fair enough.
[06:53:25 PM] senspizzaline: Though you may note I took full responsibility for my choices and actions as PM in RSX.
[06:53:32 PM] jdodge1019: yes
[06:53:49 PM] jdodge1019: but that was an example
[06:53:54 PM] jdodge1019: of where you actually did all the work
[06:54:06 PM] senspizzaline: But I gave full credit to Panzer and PEG.
[06:54:12 PM] senspizzaline: For the importance they had.
[06:54:19 PM] senspizzaline: But whatever.
[06:54:30 PM] senspizzaline: I hope I will have your support during the task.
[06:54:37 PM] jdodge1019: of course you will
[06:54:43 PM] jdodge1019: i wouldn't turn my back on my own team

Where you doubt my commitment to the team, probably because you feel I have some sort of grudge against you, and say that "well, I take full responsibility for my actions!" when we had the gigantic conversation over me daring to say that ShadowGirl not contributing when she was clearly around and looking for direction could ever possibly be the project manager's fault.
The second half that you just posted isn't as relevent to this game as the fact that you said you don't think I'll make a good PM.

If you don't think I'm a good choice for Project Manager, you're more than welcome to feel that way. But I would have thought if you supported the team you wouldn't have supported the choosing of a PM that you don't think can win. You even admit yourself that you supported me for PM for selfish reasons related to me failing.

(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

Im porochaz not panzer.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:06 am

Post by JDodge »

Sens wrote:If you don't think I'm a good choice for Project Manager, you're more than welcome to feel that way. But I would have thought if you supported the team you wouldn't have supported the choosing of a PM that you don't think can win. You even admit yourself that you supported me for PM for selfish reasons related to me failing.
Never said I didn't think we could win. How about less bitchy and more focus-on-the-tasky, since that's the winning formula that's gotten me a 2-0 record as project manager?
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 am

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Im porochaz not panzer.
lulz@you pretending you give a shit about the people underneath you when you can't even remember their own names
stream

Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Eteocles »

Is someone going to send me a quicktopic link or contact me in any way?
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:40 am

Post by dahill1 »

I have already sent both you and + the link but I'll retry
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Task 4

Eagle Eye, here are your riddles

1) Un coche conduce por una carretera y hay 15 postes uniformemente espaciadas en el lado de la carretera. Si comences en el primero poste, el coche se mueve a una velocidad constante y lleva el coche 10 minutos para llegar al poste 10. ¿Cuánto tiempo se tarda para llegar al poste 15 desde el principio? - 2 points

2) La familia de los Johnsons dio a luz a dos hijas el año pasado: la primera, Junio, nació en marzo y su hermana gemela, Mayo, nació en junio. ¿Cómo es esto posible? - 2 points

3) When is four half of five? - 2 points

4) Durante los Juegos Olímpicos del verano 1988, ¿quién jugó para los equipos japonés y finlandés? - 2 points

5) Ciento catorce = C en el C - 7 points

---

Virgo, here are your riddles.

My first is a title
Respect for another
My second isn't odd
And the name of a scummer
My third is a letter
Elsewhere in the word
My last a resourse
Though gold is preferred
My all is a rarity in a game played here
But to hatch this word is dear - 6 points

Everyone loves me and wants me, but nobody is in love with me. What am I? - 3 points

I can grow many eyes but cannot see; some say my stare can kill. What am I? - 3 points

Jack and Jane are found dead on the floor of an apartment room. There are no cuts, scrapes, or other visible signs of injury on the bodies. There is also confirmation that they weren't poisoned or anything, and have no signs of illness or other possible cause of death inside the body. The room is empty, but for a wooden table, 3 chairs, and some broken glass on the floor. How did Jack and Jane die? - 3 points
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I've already had to correct two errors in Spanish of team Virgo. (divieron -> dio, missing accents). Anymore and I might consider a point penalty.

If Eagle Eye keeps whining about this task, I might consider a point penalty.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Well, let's just get straight to the results this week as I'm sure you guys already suspect them.

Eagle Eye correctly answered 15.555... minutes netting them 2 points.
They also saw that four was half of f(iv)e bringing their total to 4.
They said athletes played for both Japan and Finland in the 1988 Olympics which is close enough to musicians to bring them up to 6 points.
However, they thought that C represented 14 in hexadecimal, when it represents 12, causing them to miss that there are 114 cápitulos in el Coran (that riddle was the most googleable too.. netting 6,980 results in quotations).
They have 6 points, a possible 8 based on whether their answer of a second uterus causing twins to be born two months apart is accepted over the fact that the town was named March or June.

Virgo correctly got Survivor, netting them 6 points.
They got potato and that Jack and Jane were goldfish and the water evaporated, bringing their total up to 12 points.
They submitted money for the the second question, which fits the clue and probably would be accepted as well as Eagle Eye's answer of hooker.

However, it is irrelevant as they have enough points! Virgo, congrats on your victory! Eagle Eye, I will be seeing you in the Boardroom where someone will be fired.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Welcome to the Boardroom contestants. As always, Carolyn is on my left, and George is on my right. They will assist me in determining who to fire.

SensFan
, who was the weakest member of your team? You contacted me during the task, asking if you could only bring one person into the Boardroom. Did you anticipate a loss?

Kmd4390
, was SensFan a good Project Manager? Who would you fire?

JDodge
, you have expressed doubts as shown in thread about SensFan. Did this task change your opinion?

farside22
, what was your role in this task? Who would you fire?

Panzerjager

crywolf20084
, I heard there was some tension between you and the team. What was that about? Who would you fire?

pickemgenius

After the questions are answered, SensFan may choose one or two people to bring back to the Final Boardroom.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Good job guys
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by SensFan »

ShadowLurker wrote:
SensFan
, who was the weakest member of your team? You contacted me during the task, asking if you could only bring one person into the Boardroom. Did you anticipate a loss?
The weakest member was probably one of PEG/KMD/Panzer/farside.
And Mr.Trump, I only asked if I had to bring in two. To be completely honest, partway through this task, I told my team I wouldn't bring anyone in with me if we lost. I am currently rethinking that decision, though.
Last edited by SensFan on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

ShadowLurker wrote:
pickemgenius
[/align]
I feel that my role was to allow the so called expertise's to do their thing. Avoid causing dissension in the group.

I'd prob fire one of Sens or farside at this juncture.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Eteocles »

Woo! Way to go Virgo!
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by JDodge »

ShadowLurker wrote:
JDodge
, you have expressed doubts as shown in thread about SensFan. Did this task change your opinion?
Somewhat. I feel that Sens did an OK job of coordinating; I feel that the team as a whole sort of refused to participate in the majority of the task, but I don't think Sens was pushing people enough
to
participate.

Unfortunately, my fears that Sens would become only slightly less dictatorial and iron-fisted than Mussolini were well-founded, as he quickly became one of the most egotistical and insufferable people I have ever worked for. Half of the time he was bitching about how "nobody was participating", and the rest of the time he was telling us that our work wasn't good enough and otherwise complaining.

For example, I spent the majority of the task working with Cayke on the riddles. We both agreed that Sens was becoming the biggest douche in the world throughout the task, and so frustratedly when Sens was going to screw up one of the submissions, she said he was being fucking retarded. He then attacked her for doing "shit all" when she'd helped me with half of my contributions. In the meantime, he completely let farside, Panzer and PEG slide by while doing nothing.

This is an example of the egotism that we had to put up with throughout the task, and honestly, he's the biggest problem on this team right now. Last task, he IM'd me early on with a score of like... $120 iirc. He said "I'm sending this in now", to which I had to yell at him to stop. Even when he's not in charge, he has that stubborn need to ignore the authority in charge and do things his own way. That needs to stop.

Alos, as an aside, KMD is an idiot.
stream

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:Somewhat. I feel that Sens did an OK job of coordinating; I feel that the team as a whole sort of refused to participate in the majority of the task, but I don't think Sens was pushing people enough
to
participate.
I called them out in the QT, in addition to PMing everyone to come to the QT. What more do you want from me, JDodge? To go knock on people's doors?
JDodge wrote:Unfortunately, my fears that Sens would become only slightly less dictatorial and iron-fisted than Mussolini were well-founded, as he quickly became one of the most egotistical and insufferable people I have ever worked for.
Funny how you never mentioned that to me during the entire challenge, isn't it? In fact, and I regret that I don't have the log, as the challenge was starting, you told me how you and I were by far the most contributing and important members of the team.
JDodge wrote:Half of the time he was bitching about how "nobody was participating", and the rest of the time he was telling us that our work wasn't good enough and otherwise complaining.
What about the time when I was coming up with 2 of the 4 riddle submissions? What about the HOURS I put into solving the riddles? Also, now you are bitching that I spent too much time bitching how no one was participating, when just a minute ago you said I wasn't pushing people enough to participate. Which one is it?
JDodge wrote:For example, I spent the majority of the task working with Cayke on the riddles. We both agreed that Sens was becoming the biggest douche in the world throughout the task, and so frustratedly when Sens was going to screw up one of the submissions, she said he was being fucking retarded.
Nope. I never said I was going to submit that (which was WRONG anyways, though that's irrelevant, I suppose). Farside asked me which riddles had been solved, so I posted 2-3 words about each of the solved riddles, and summed up that one with "114=14 in 100". If you are interested, I submitted VERY detailed and explained answers.
JDodge wrote:He then attacked her for doing "shit all" when she'd helped me with half of my contributions.
When me summing up the riddle was called "fucking retarded", yes I did quickly, on the spur of the moment, reply that she hadn't done shit all, since she really hadn't done all that much IN THE QT. In fact, as soon as is was brought to my attention, by you, that she had been helping you a lot, I responded that "I didn't know that, Dodge. I just saw someone that hasn't posted much in-thread coming in and critisizing a quick summary I made of the questions we had solved." Later that night, I felt really bad for what I had done, and offered a full apology to cayke.
JDodge wrote:In the meantime, he completely let farside, Panzer and PEG slide by while doing nothing.
After you and I are the only ones that even ATTEMPTED to come up with riddles, I called everyone else out. Again, what more do you want from me, Dodge?
JDodge wrote:This is an example of the egotism that we had to put up with throughout the task, and honestly, he's the biggest problem on this team right now.
Really? Earlier, as the task was starting, you told me we were the most productive on the team. And even if you happen to think I was controlling as PM, was that not allowable, given that my ass is on the line if we lose? I mean, you pretty much dictated exactly who could submit when last time, and no one complained then.
JDodge wrote:Last task, he IM'd me early on with a score of like... $120 iirc. He said "I'm sending this in now", to which I had to yell at him to stop.
Yes, I did. As I explained to you, I misread the challenge, and thought that it was the first, second, etc... OVERALL to get the increased points. I also had forgotten we had a tribe QT. And forgive me, but you didn't need to "yell at me." You told me I shouldn't, and I immediately said ok, I didn't argue.
JDodge wrote:Even when he's not in charge, he has that stubborn need to ignore the authority in charge and do things his own way.
Again, we talked about this at the last challenge. And if this really bothered you all that much, why wasn't this brought up then?
JDodge wrote:That needs to stop.
Telling me privately would have accomplished the same thing, you know. Especially since we've talked about half of this, and you privately told me OTHER things about the other half.

Oh, and for extra hypocrisy:
[23:09] SensPizzaLine: So I saw your post in the BR
[23:09] jdodge1019: it's nothing personal, just my thoughts on your management style
[23:10] SensPizzaLine: Can I ask why its a very different tune to when you flat-out told me you didn't want me fired privately
[23:10] SensPizzaLine: ?
[23:10] jdodge1019: i don't want you fired
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

JDodge
, who should be fired?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by JDodge »

SensFan wrote:
JDodge wrote:Somewhat. I feel that Sens did an OK job of coordinating; I feel that the team as a whole sort of refused to participate in the majority of the task, but I don't think Sens was pushing people enough
to
participate.
I called them out in the QT, in addition to PMing everyone to come to the QT. What more do you want from me, JDodge? To go knock on people's doors?
I would rather you seem like you're making an effort to get people to participate. You can't just say "oh I PM'd them once" and then argue that you actually got them working.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:Unfortunately, my fears that Sens would become only slightly less dictatorial and iron-fisted than Mussolini were well-founded, as he quickly became one of the most egotistical and insufferable people I have ever worked for.
Funny how you never mentioned that to me during the entire challenge, isn't it? In fact, and I regret that I don't have the log, as the challenge was starting, you told me how you and I were by far the most contributing and important members of the team.
You were contributing. You were important insofar that you were Project Manager. And I did say at one point that your attitude was really starting to piss me off.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:Half of the time he was bitching about how "nobody was participating", and the rest of the time he was telling us that our work wasn't good enough and otherwise complaining.
What about the time when I was coming up with 2 of the 4 riddle submissions? What about the HOURS I put into solving the riddles? Also, now you are bitching that I spent too much time bitching how no one was participating, when just a minute ago you said I wasn't pushing people enough to participate. Which one is it?
You were privately bitching to me that nobody was participating while not actively getting people to participate. In the meantime, you refuse to tackle the fact that you continually put down our work in order to tout your own accomplishments. Way to show your self-absorption, Sens.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:For example, I spent the majority of the task working with Cayke on the riddles. We both agreed that Sens was becoming the biggest douche in the world throughout the task, and so frustratedly when Sens was going to screw up one of the submissions, she said he was being fucking retarded.
Nope. I never said I was going to submit that (which was WRONG anyways, though that's irrelevant, I suppose). Farside asked me which riddles had been solved, so I posted 2-3 words about each of the solved riddles, and summed up that one with "114=14 in 100". If you are interested, I submitted VERY detailed and explained answers.
You still nearly screwed it up.
sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:He then attacked her for doing "shit all" when she'd helped me with half of my contributions.
When me summing up the riddle was called "fucking retarded", yes I did quickly, on the spur of the moment, reply that she hadn't done shit all, since she really hadn't done all that much IN THE QT. In fact, as soon as is was brought to my attention, by you, that she had been helping you a lot, I responded that "I didn't know that, Dodge. I just saw someone that hasn't posted much in-thread coming in and critisizing a quick summary I made of the questions we had solved." Later that night, I felt really bad for what I had done, and offered a full apology to cayke.
That's nice. It still showed that you're egotistical and can't take it when anyone would dare to question you.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:In the meantime, he completely let farside, Panzer and PEG slide by while doing nothing.
After you and I are the only ones that even ATTEMPTED to come up with riddles, I called everyone else out. Again, what more do you want from me, Dodge?
I want more than just a simple "oh well" and throwing up your hands. I want you on their ass constantly until they get themselves going. I have two wins as project manager because I was constantly getting my team involved and telling them that they were going to participate whether they like it or not. You have one loss because you failed to do so.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:This is an example of the egotism that we had to put up with throughout the task, and honestly, he's the biggest problem on this team right now.
Really? Earlier, as the task was starting, you told me we were the most productive on the team. And even if you happen to think I was controlling as PM, was that not allowable, given that my ass is on the line if we lose? I mean, you pretty much dictated exactly who could submit when last time, and no one complained then.
You are the second-most productive on the team. You are also the biggest problem on the team. The two are not mutually exclusive. And yes, I did dictate exactly who could submit and when because the task required it. Would you rather I have just let everyone submit whenever the hell they wanted and end up like Virgo with a $5 submission for the triple?
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:Last task, he IM'd me early on with a score of like... $120 iirc. He said "I'm sending this in now", to which I had to yell at him to stop.
Yes, I did. As I explained to you, I misread the challenge, and thought that it was the first, second, etc... OVERALL to get the increased points. I also had forgotten we had a tribe QT. And forgive me, but you didn't need to "yell at me." You told me I shouldn't, and I immediately said ok, I didn't argue.
You were still insubordinate, which is the point.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:Even when he's not in charge, he has that stubborn need to ignore the authority in charge and do things his own way.
Again, we talked about this at the last challenge. And if this really bothered you all that much, why wasn't this brought up then?
Because we won that task.
Sens wrote:
JDodge wrote:That needs to stop.
Telling me privately would have accomplished the same thing, you know. Especially since we've talked about half of this, and you privately told me OTHER things about the other half.

Oh, and for extra hypocrisy:
[23:09] SensPizzaLine: So I saw your post in the BR
[23:09] jdodge1019: it's nothing personal, just my thoughts on your management style
[23:10] SensPizzaLine: Can I ask why its a very different tune to when you flat-out told me you didn't want me fired privately
[23:10] SensPizzaLine: ?
[23:10] jdodge1019: i don't want you fired
I don't want you fired, but you quite conveniently left this out:

[11:10:12 PM] senspizzaline: ?
[11:10:20 PM] jdodge1019: i don't want you fired
[11:10:26 PM] jdodge1019: but i'm not going to lie to protect you either

I would say I would be most happy if KMD were fired. I feel he screwed up this task, offered little help in solving the riddles aside from poor translation, and has done near-nothing the first three tasks.
stream

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

crywolf20084, I heard there was some tension between you and the team. What was that about? Who would you fire?

At one part i felt like being a ref until i saw first hand where Sens being a blatant ass hole towards me, and said i was doing jack shit on this challenge. I wouldn't fire Sens, truthfully, because he's one of the hardest workers, even though he doesn't know when to let someone else come up with an idea, and when they do, def don't immediately shoot it down.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by SensFan »

You know what, I'm not going to take this shit anymore. People don't even seem to be TRYING to listen to me, or to my explanation for things. And to be completely honest, I'm not willing to put up with shit like this, and cause rifts in close friendships, for a game.

Mr.Trump, I do not bring anyone else in the boardroom with me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22, what was your role in this task? Who would you fire?
I didn't have a role. As Saturdays and Sunday being Easter I was with the family for the weekend. I tell everyone the same thing. Weekends are difficult.
I admitted that riddles were not my forte at all. In fact I'm terrible with riddles. I tried to get help from outside source but never got a response.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Kmd4390
Yes, Sens was a good PM. He did the majority of the work.

I'd fire PEG or Panzer as they did next to nothing.

To respond to JD, I offered a pretty good riddle (although Sens had already submitted, which we didn't know yet). I translated everything with google. And I worked on the riddles to the best of my ability.

The reason he is calling me "an idiot" is because part of the translation came back wrong. I fail to see how that's my fault. I translated with google language tools and directly copied and pasted straight to the QT. If he had a better translation, he should have posted it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:48 am

Post by JDodge »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:
Kmd4390
Yes, Sens was a good PM. He did the majority of the work.
Bullshit he did the majority of the work.
I
did the majority of the work.
I'm
the one who came up with two of the riddles, plus a brilliant one that Sens fucked up the submission of.
I'm
the one who caught your translation error, as well as solving a couple of riddles (albeit I did read my hex number chart wrong; my C in the C answer was right if you convert the hex to base-8). You are also completely ignoring Sens' cavalier and confrontational attitude towards the rest of the team as well as his egotism and self-absorption. Tell you what, next task, I want you to be PM. I'm tired of you skating by and doing nothing but protecting your little buddies.
KMD wrote:I'd fire PEG or Panzer as they did next to nothing.
Panzer is always limited access on weekends. PEG was out at a concert and whatnot. What's your excuse for the first two tasks again?
KMD wrote:To respond to JD, I offered a pretty good riddle (although Sens had already submitted, which we didn't know yet). I translated everything with google. And I worked on the riddles to the best of my ability.
Anyone can translate with google, and as usual your submissions came far too late. You're never there when we actually need you.
KMD wrote:The reason he is calling me "an idiot" is because part of the translation came back wrong. I fail to see how that's my fault. I translated with google language tools and directly copied and pasted straight to the QT. If he had a better translation, he should have posted it.
IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT
Ciento catorce = C en el C
IS NOT THE SAME AS
KMD's translation wrote:One hundred and fourteen in the C = C
Explain HOW the "in the C" magically jumps to the other side of the equal sign.
stream

Return to “Social Game Archive”