AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 am

Post by AceMarksman »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
charter wrote:I'm not interacting with DGB. It's a new policy I am enacting across the site. It's regrettable she came into this game, because if her and zwet aren't scum, now it's 5v7, so today would be LYLO.
Another caught scum!
^this. Such a flippant attitude is not something that would come from a townie when a replacement makes such a strong entrance into the game.

DGB has earned townpoints for her entrance.

@CTD: I found most of her assignments of points to be quite fair, and far from arbitrary (even if a lot of the scumpoints were attributed to me :(). List the points that you think are undeserved, please.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 am

Post by charter »

Can Budja and DGB and kast (if he is indeed scum) just hurry up and vote me and end my misery? In the past 48 hours this game has gone so far downhill it's unsalvagable barring a Budja lynch in the next however many votes we need.

Ace, I pray for your sake that you are indeed Budja's scumbuddy, if you're town I'm at an utter loss for words at this atrocity.

I hand you all gold in the form of Budjascum and all I get is a lot of votes. :cry:
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Charter, if you're not going to do something constructive, then please don't post AtE.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, I'll just quote random posts and declare the poster to be scum for no reason. Sound familiar?
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Another AtE? Really?
Show
Words to live by.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by charter »

Now is the part where you explain how appeal to emotion can't come from a pissed off townie. Go on.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

AceMarksman wrote:Another AtE? Really?
AtE is a Wikitell.

I don't subscribe to AtE as a scumtell. I'd rather examine the reaction and judge whether or not it's genuine.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

AtE just bugs the hell out of me.
Show
Words to live by.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by charter »

Withdrawing your accusation so easily?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 pm

AceMarksman wrote:AtE just bugs the hell out of me.
It's often the best way to gauge a player's alignment.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Wait, didn't you just say it wasn't a reliable tell?
Show
Words to live by.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:19 pm

AceMarksman wrote:Wait, didn't you just say it wasn't a reliable tell?
No, I said it wasn't an automatic SCUMtell. It depends on the contents. Sometimes it's a SCUMtell, sometimes it's a TOWNtell.

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by Kast »

Sorry, been busy at work and forgot about the game after the holiday weekend. Hope everyone had a good Easter.

I'll try to keep this short. I'm not addressing everything, just things that stand out to me on a quick catch up skim/read.
Actually, I have more if anyone would like more in-depth, but for now just posting the summary.
Nvm, I'm just going to make the longer/explanation parts in small font. Magnify it if you're interested. Sorry no summary right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Also, I mostly address Ort in this post, but I think that's because I find him the most town-seeming player and the most rational player who is looking at everything instead of tunneling on specifics.

@Ortolan-
-My main "point" against KidIcarus is NOT lurking. The point against him is that his few posts are contentless "I agree with X". He does not explain why he agrees even when one agreement directly contradicts his previous post/position. I raised this and he denied it; I linked to the originals and he conceded his inconsistency. We continued dialogue and he promised more. This was good (I liked his willingness to engage in dialogue) so I felt a vote was unnecessary. When the mod said he had been prodded but did not say he was looking for a replacement, I asked a clarification and hedged with a vote on KidIcarus. Despite other players making token mentions of also looking at KidIcarus, nobody has actually done so, and my single vote was ineffective. Mod clarified, and has since followed up with a second prod and replaced.

-Disagree with your conclusions about plague usage and I think your proposal, if enforced, sets us up for the dangers I raised about plague claims (dangers which you also raised).

Adopting a "worst case" where scum first-pick apothecary, then chances of 0/1/2/3 apothecaries at end of Draft 2 are 3.7%/22.2%/44.4%/29.6%.

If scum did not pick Apoth in Draft 1, the chances directly reverse to 29.6%/44.4%/22.2%/3.7%.

If we assume that one scum passed on Apoth in Draft 1 (if able), then draft 2 chances become 14.8%/44.4%/37.0%/3.7%

I find third situation most probable.
I agree that scum probably would not prioritize apoth in Draft 1. Apoth was probablybelow plague, NK, and rat. If you maintain consistency in the belief that scum did not pick prioritize apothecaries in draft 1, then it is unlikely that all three scum will be apothecaried by Draft 2.

Ort's proposed plague limitations mean scum can stop (or not waste time starting to) prioritizing apoth and grabbing plague/rat/NK as desired in Draft 2.

*Adding mimics raises the chances of scum fully protecting themselves and teammates, but is much harder to calculate since mimics are much more subjective in picking order and probably depend on what other players passing mimics.

*I assume that the chances of a townie passing scum an apothecary are lower than the chances of scum passing townies an apothecary and these dynamics at most wash out and probably make it more likely that scum have less than the expected number of Apoths.

-What was your point about AM&Kast analysis? The overall tone and conclusion sounds like you think AM is scum, and if he is scum, then you think I was defending my scum buddy. Your individual evidence was hastily gathered and half of your points about Kast&AM are actually about Kast&not-AM or not-Kast&AM.
Ort wrote:appears ambivalent about Budja, whom charter is attacking, but also appeals to Rishi's attack on charter. He is happy to lynch either one of Budja and charter who are arguing against one another, but not AM.
Atm, I am voting Budja and quite willing to lynch Budja. Your claim that I am ambivalent about Budja contradicts yourself in the next line where you admit that I am happy to lynch Budja.

-You are a bit hypocritical. At the time of your post, you explicitly named 4/12 players as "suspicious", and your longest argument/case is admittedly a weak one against a 5th player who is not among your top 4. In contrast I had 3 clearly named people who I was suspicious of and happy to lynch with reasons stated for all three (as well as reasons why I don't feel the same about other players).

-I briefly mentioned Ace's meta previously, but tried not to directly invoke it until the game I was in with him finished. After it finished, I started using that more heavily (for both AM and Zwet).

-I want to caution against drawing false positive conclusions about rat usage. Anyone who passed a rat AND was not passed a rat is cleared of being a rat user, but we do not know if scum first picked rat (entirely possible), and we don't want to let scum drive mislynches on false positive rat identification.

-KidIcarus passed an NK to Kinetic and was not passed any NKs from me. DGB should not have any NK cards. I think I'll repost your list in passing order instead of claiming order so we can see things more clearly.

-*Stealing a page from Ort's book* EVERYONE PLEASE COMMENT ON MY NK DISTRIBUTION PLAN. IF YOU AGREE WITH IT, PLEASE SHARE YOUR PREFERRED METHOD OF PICKING A "CHOSEN" PLAYER (RANDOM/VOTE/OTHER?).

@AM, 393-
AM's case against Charter is weak. Charter clearly *thought* (or claimed to think) that my post messed up his foolproof plan. That itself is not really scummy. Apparently he realized that the benefits of his plan were not actually there to begin with after Kinetic+others gave reasons for claiming "obvious" scum cards.

I think it would have been far more pro-town for him to explain and admit this when he realized it; but his claimed position itself is consistent with his behavior.

@Charter, 397-
My post is clearly your reason for initially changing your mind. Your addressing AM with this is fine. I do want to clarify that my post did not actually legitimately reduce the value of a mass card claim. You have since admitted that you were mistaken about your plans ability to catch scum.
Charter wrote:This is so wrong it pains me. The very fact that you make the argument like this, assumes I am town, which means you are scum (because you assume I'm town, but are still voting me). How is me having (what I Thought was) a gamebreaking plan, but not disclosing it make me scummy? If I was scum, wouldn't I have just kept my mouth shut and not said anything? You are assuming that since I had one, but didn't disclose it upfront, that I have to be scum. This is ridiculous and not how massclaims on day one work at all. You don't explain how you catch scum through massclaim, then claim.
You are correct that some "game breaking" plans require the town to take risks (greater risk balances out the game-breakingness). However, your specific argument against AM is flawed. When considering that you are scum, it means that your game-breaking proposal that you are keeping secret is not actually game breaking (or rather it is probably game breaking for scum).

However, often a "game-breaking" plan that truly gives the town an unquestionable advantage without significant risk also is able to be explained. Being able to explain the plan and get the entire town to follow them is usually part of what makes them game-breaking. Your plan was not one of these; there was significant risk, and explaining it did not affect the outcome.

@DGB-
Interesting assessments. Do you care to elaborate on any of them, or are they each assumed to be obvious? Your system itself seems to give breaks to lurkers/low-content posters.

Also, prior to your announcement as a replacement, I already asked ABR to consider replacing instead of screwing the town by his out-of-game grudge against Zwet. I assumed his comment was directed at that.

Your assessment of my posts clearly marks a difference in opinion between yourself and KidIcarus. Still, could you clarify whether you feel my posts had any significant effect on the value of a mass card claim for the town.

@Charter-
I am happy with my vote on Budja, and atm I prefer a Budja lynch over a Charter lynch. I am content with either.

Since you are well beyond the deadline requirement, I see absolutely no reason for me to move my vote. There is no reason to end discussion prematurely, particularly when new players just came in.

@Mod-

Thanks for the extension and replacements.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Rishi »

Hey DGB! I haven't played with you since that abandoned Open game. The less said about that, the better.

In any case, I agree that AtE is not necessarily a scumtell. In fact, in my anecdotal observations, I have seen town use it more than scum. The fact is that the current meta is that AtE is a scumtell, so scum know to avoid it. So, usually it comes out as genuine frustration.

charter - What exactly is your problem with DGB?

Kast - do you mind not using that tiny text? Makes it hard to read.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:15 am

Kast wrote: @DGB-
Interesting assessments. Do you care to elaborate on any of them, or are they each assumed to be obvious? Your system itself seems to give breaks to lurkers/low-content posters.
You're right about the lurker break, but since I was not "in the moment" to question and challenge the players myself, I use the system mostly to find people I trust, and obvscum. Any player that doesn't fall in my trusted/obvscum categories is guaranteed a vigorous grilling by me at some point because every player needs the light shined on him/her.
Kast wrote:Also, prior to your announcement as a replacement, I already asked ABR to consider replacing instead of screwing the town by his out-of-game grudge against Zwet. I assumed his comment was directed at that.
No, it seems he recently developed a grudge against me, too! He thinks I "enable" zwet but really, I can read zwet like a book, he's totally transparent. In 5 minutes or less, I know whether he's obvtown or obvscum.
Kast wrote:Your assessment of my posts clearly marks a difference in opinion between yourself and KidIcarus. Still, could you clarify whether you feel my posts had any significant effect on the value of a mass card claim for the town.
I don't know if it did, but it doesn't matter either way. The conclusion I've drawn from your exchange with Kinetic is that Kinetic is almost certainly town, and that you're probably town.

BTW I got a strong Budja town feel all around. Did I miss something particularly scummy???

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 am

Rishi wrote:charter - What exactly is your problem with DGB?
We had a game where I was scum, and he was town. I wasn't sympathetic to his pleas of being townie, imagine that, and of course he was right when he pegged me as mafia... :lol: I may be wrong, but since I've rarely played with charter, I can't imagine what else it could be.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:23 am

Post by Budja »

unvote

... as long as ABR's replacement actually participates in the game.
Charter wrote: I'm not interacting with DGB. It's a new policy I am enacting across the site. It's regrettable she came into this game, because if her and zwet aren't scum, now it's 5v7, so today would be LYLO.
If that is your policy then I suggest you follow ABR.

Charters AtE fits charter's very certain in himself attitude so far. You should not think so rigidly.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am

Charter wrote:because if her and zwet aren't scum, now it's 5v7, so today would be LYLO.
What does THAT mean???

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:52 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Enter DGB post flood, stage right. Budja, are you using the replacement as an excuse to scummily retract your vote without much scrutiny?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Rishi »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Enter DGB post flood, stage right. Budja, are you using the replacement as an excuse to scummily retract your vote without much scrutiny?
You post almost as often as DGB.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 am

You mean more often, rishi. MUCH more often.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 am

Post by charter »

I don't want to turn this into a hatefest. I didn't mind DGB when she just declared me town the first game we were in, because I didn't have to defend against her nonsense. But after I did have to, I got so ridiculously pissed off and stopped caring about anything relating to that game, that I just don't think that should happen, so I'm eliminating the problem.

I'd also like to point out, Ace, that after I refuted your points for like the third time in post 425, you come back with "I'm frustrated, I quit". ZOMGZ APPEALZZ TO EMOTIONSSZA!!!!111oneone....
I actually gave very reasonable and easy to understand responses in 425, which if you had actually read, you would realize how weak your vote is, and why ort's questions to you are relevant, and how you still haven't answered them, but instead you continuously ignore of deflect or diminish them.

Guys, we need to maximize the number of votes on Ace/Budja. If you're only willing to vote one of them, post that, so we can hopefully secure seven on one of them.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 am

I <3 DGB.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 am

Post by AceMarksman »

Budja or I, charter? It looks like you have the most votes here, did you just ignore that?
Show
Words to live by.

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Kast »

@Rishi-
Can't please everyone. Small text is an attempt to compromise since there are no collapsible spoiler boxes here. I tried summaries previously and those were either ignored, or (in ort's case) looked at without the context of the explanation/detail following the summary.

You can read my post ignoring the small text, and if you want more clarification on anything, then read the small text.

@DGB-
I think the claim that Budja has been avoiding committing to positions that will upset people/raise his profile is pretty accurate. For me, he was extremely well under my radar for most of the game. This is not scummy by itself, but is a reason I want to watch him some more.

11 rubs me wrong. In it, he completely evades the direct, obvious, and contextual meaning of AM's post so that he can question/suspect AM (but then drops this with nary a word). He also clarifies that he did not actually agree with Zwet's comment, but had a completely different reason for calling AM scummy over the "slip". I find this very suspicious and looks like he was just saying he agreed with Zwet without actually meaning it.

12 attempts to evade this discrepancy between his claim to agree with Zwet, and actually giving a completely different reason.

24 uses straw men to argue against my suggestion that Zwet first Double, then Plague. He also chooses to go with an ineffective policy vote right before going V/LA.

-I think Charter was pretty clearly implying that he thinks Zwet+DGB will vote together with scum and are effectively traitors. 3 mafia+Zwet+DGB = 5 mafia. 5/12 means the town is in LYLO. Charter, feel free to correct me if I misunderstood that. I think it is pretty much craplogic, but then, I think he wasn't intending that to be rational and more an expression of frustration.

@Charter-
It only takes 4 votes to lynch. I can understand your desire to get people to vote for Budja or AM so that you are not the top lynch candidate. I can't understand your desire to end the day with 5 days still to go and replacements in and on their way in.

@Ort- Further point for plaguing mid game instead of immediately.
Out of these two options, I prefer the second one:
-Random player killed early in the game
-Kill attempt made on suspected scum in mid game

Also, if town successfully targets scum but scum apoth themselves/each other, we may be able to positively identify the scum as a non-apoth player. The chances of this are better than the chances of IDing a player who used a rat.

@AM-
Charter clearly does not want to lynch himself, regardless of affiliation. The next reasonable choices from his PoV are AM or Budja.

You two are tunneling on each other and seeing everything with HUGE confirmation bias.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”