Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:59 am

Post by Vi »

Re: the vote count - The three people voting you at the last vote count were B_B, Zach, and hascow. You can talk to them.
Archon 799 wrote:Being an idiot outside of real life has no serious or permanent consequences,
MAFIA IS NOT JUST A GAME
IT'S A WAY OF LIFE
FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE

...okay, not really. But being helpful would be, y'know, helpful for the play-to-win types in the audience.
Archon 799 wrote:Yeah, Vi, I'm not so sure of your vote fishing. Seems... fishy.
Anything less vague you want to say about it?
Archon 799 wrote:And the reasoning behind this is...?
You quoted the reasoning.
The only thing more I can give you is that if scum CAN quickhammer for a mislynch today, they
should
. That's why putting people at L-1 at LyLo is a powerful (and terribly risky) investigative tool that should only be used accidentally.

*personality shift*
Would you like to vote Beyond_Birthday? You get a lollipop if you do *smile, smile*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Archon »

Vi wrote:Re: the vote count - The three people voting you at the last vote count were B_B, Zach, and hascow. You can talk to them.
Archon 799 wrote:Being an idiot outside of real life has no serious or permanent consequences,
MAFIA IS NOT JUST A GAME
IT'S A WAY OF LIFE
FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE

...okay, not really. But being helpful would be, y'know, helpful for the play-to-win types in the audience.
Archon 799 wrote:Yeah, Vi, I'm not so sure of your vote fishing. Seems... fishy.
The only thing more I can give you is that if scum CAN quickhammer for a mislynch today, they
should
. That's why putting people at L-1 at LyLo is a powerful (and terribly risky) investigative tool that should only be used accidentally.

*personality shift*
Would you like to vote Beyond_Birthday? You get a lollipop if you do *smile, smile*

STRANGER DANGER!!!

...wow that pictures creepy...
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 am

Post by Vi »

I expected that response, but not the picture to go with. gj, +1 cool point
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Archon, do you really not have any suspicions of anyone that are strong enough to vote on?

You've found 2 bandwagons worthy of being placed at lynch -1, but have done little to no scumhunting yourself.

What gives?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh...

Looking at the previous page, I noticed Archon's vote is still on Looker.

I didn't even notice because I haven't seen any pressure from Archon to Looker... or at least anything that I would classify as such.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Looker »

Still reading and whirring and'll prolly post something after PT...
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Vi wrote:Re: the vote count - The three people voting you at the last vote count were B_B, Zach, and hascow. You can talk to them.
MAFIA IS NOT JUST A GAME
IT'S A WAY OF LIFE
FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE

should

*personality shift*
Something about, what I hope was in jest, method of trying to get people to vote me scream scum aiming for mislynch. Interestingly enough, I think the "If scum can get a mislynch today, they should" comment was right from your mouth too...
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm pretty sure the old saying isn't "the best defense is a weak offense".

Where's P. Molinero and le Cow.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:
MAFIA IS NOT JUST A GAME
IT'S A WAY OF LIFE
FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE

should

*personality shift*
Something about, what I hope was in jest, method of trying to get people to vote me scream scum aiming for mislynch. Interestingly enough, I think the "If scum can get a mislynch today, they should" comment was right from your mouth too...
BB, what are you trying to say here? say it. Don't putz around the subject trying to make people insinuate it, because that is really scummy.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

I'm willing to cut B-B a little slack in his recent attitude, but not a whole lot. If you're town, bleedin' defend yourself!

arch
Okay, there has to be a problem with that. SOMEONE HAS to be voting for me, what with the constant shifty-eyed looks and the context that my name is constantly used in.
Anyone else find this really bizarre? I'm not sure scummy is the right word, but it's odd as hell to attract attention to yourself like this.

Looker's blatant statement of
no it just says that i'm town. sorry for the misunderstanding
and his recent lack of activity keeps my vote on him for now. I don't care about your lies and silence sure doesn't help you. Oh, I'm waiting for Setael to resurface, too.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:41 am

Post by Vi »

Hey P. Molinero. If B_B flips scum, Looker gets autolynched. What's keeping you from switching?

Nice avatar btw. I'm not a fan of Sinfest's original premise, but its art style is
amazing
--
P. Molinero 809 wrote:Anyone else find this really bizarre? I'm not sure scummy is the right word, but it's odd as hell to attract attention to yourself like this.
You basically said it the way I would have.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

And if B_B's not, we lose. You're pushing awfully hard for this kill now and your blatant, over-the-top antics in this last page outright calling for votes has shaken my confidence a wee bit. Seeing the end in sight? In fact, in the way that Vi's run the game since joining, why has no one put any heat on Vi, like, ever? I'm going to go back and take a look later.

(I know I'm going to have to commit to something eventually, but I want to exhaust ALL options first)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Vi »

P. Molinero 811 wrote:You're pushing awfully hard for this kill now and your blatant, over-the-top antics in this last page outright calling for votes has shaken my confidence a wee bit.
Of course I'm outright calling for votes. Nobody's found a good reason to believe B_B is Town, including B_B himself. When I replaced into this game, people were disgusted with how slowly it was going and how nothing was getting done. To an extent, that's still how it is. I'm not asking people to do what they don't believe in, so by all means ask questions; but if you don't have a half-decent reason for thinking the wagon is out to hit a Townie,
let's get on with it.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm sorry, I missed the part where Pablo tells us who he thinks the scum are.

Are there reasons for suspecting Vi? Are there reasons to believe Beyond is NOT scum?

Anyone else you suspect?

Would be helpful...
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

If B_B flips scum, Looker gets autolynched. What's keeping you from switching?
Isn't the same true on my side? How 'bout YOU switch?
I'm sorry, I missed the part where Pablo tells us who he thinks the scum are.
A) I've said that looking at potential-pairs for the most part muddles things and makes for an easier time lynching someone innocent, so I'm only looking for one person right now.

B) Look where my bleedin' vote is and my last few posts. Could I think he is scum? Surely not! Logic is hard. Looker has clammed up and stopped digging his idiot-hole as soon as the heat was on B-B. No diversionary tactics from his supposed buddy, and spells "flying under the radar" to a T.

For the most part, B-B's recent reaction, of resignation, is disturbing, because I've seen it happen all too many times. Peticularly when a driving force is about to mow over a townie.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Vi »

Pablo Molinero 814 wrote:
If B_B flips scum, Looker gets autolynched. What's keeping you from switching?
Isn't the same true on my side? How 'bout YOU switch?
No, it's not.
Two people not hammering scum can be rationalized. Scum not hammering someone at LyLo cannot.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Pablo Molinero wrote:
A) I've said that looking at potential-pairs for the most part muddles things and makes for an easier time lynching someone innocent, so I'm only looking for one person right now.
I have to disagree. In this situation it will be a bit more difficult for scum to quickly pile onto a player if they cast a vote that goes against their suspicions and end up raising our eyebrows with a vote.

Notice that Archon is in an alarmingly easy position to get away with this since he has failed to list any strong suspicions of who he thinks is scum.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Looker »

Recent lack of activity? Nothing's happening, Vi's just talking some more...
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Setael »

Ok I'm caught up. The way I see it there are 2 possible scum teams at work. First possibility: BB, Looker and a 3rd of either pablo, archon or zach. The only 2 I would vote at this time are BB and looker since I'm fuzzier on the others. I still think pablo was mega scummy d1 but BB has been mega scummy d2. I never liked him trying to link people with no reason and his last few posts have given me the ickies.

2nd possibility: Looker and Vi with a possibility of zach or pablo (or wild card slipping my scumdar) as a 3rd. Reason for suspecting Vi - I agree with her assessment of BB but I find it weird that, since she's basing alot of her BB suspicion on looker being scum, why not join the looker wagon instead of starting a new one on BB? I think I want this question answered before I vote. There's definitely a possibility that the last few pages are looker's scum buddies trying to distract and insure a mislynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Setael 818 wrote:Reason for suspecting Vi - I agree with her assessment of BB but I find it weird that, since she's basing alot of her BB suspicion on looker being scum, why not join the looker wagon instead of starting a new one on BB?
It's actually the other way around - most of my suspicion on Looker is based on surviving at L-1 with Zach and B_B - who are most likely not BOTH Town - not hammering. Offhand I don't remember much significant about Looker other than being basically useless/active lurking (which IS scummy, but unfortunately also the order of the day to a degree).
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Setael »

I still don't understand. It seems like the issue of looker surviving being at -1 when they're not likely both townies etc. would lead to the conclusion that looker is definitely scum with either BB or zach being his scum buddy. So once again - it follows that you'd go after looker (an existing wagon) instead of taking the 50/50 chance on one of the others.

I think you're trying to save looker.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

Setael 820 wrote:I still don't understand. It seems like the issue of looker surviving being at -1 when they're not likely both townies etc. would lead to the conclusion that looker is definitely scum with either BB or zach being his scum buddy. So once again - it follows that you'd go after looker (an existing wagon) instead of taking the 50/50 chance on one of the others.

I think you're trying to save looker.
I see where you're coming from.

The point of calling Looker scum is that one (or both?) of Zach and B_B are also scum. You can't have the first without the second. Once the second has been established, though, then yes, it's pretty unavoidable that Looker is scum. And one could say that Looker is more likely scum than B_B in that case (P(Zach-scum + B_B-scum) vs. P(B_B-scum)).

Looker having an established wagon has nothing to do with it.

So... Okay. I can put my vote where my voice is.

Unvote: Beyond_Birthday
Vote: Looker
(L-1)
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Vi wrote:Hey P. Molinero. If B_B flips scum, Looker gets autolynched. What's keeping you from switching?
The above, as P. Molinero pointed out, has is that Vi hasn't done anything to prove I'm scummy.

Vi: Hm...okay, that didn't work, let's try you!
[period of time]
This didn't work, so YOU'RE SCUM!
[another period of time]
Okay, okay, fine. That means YOUR SCUM!
[another period of time]
Okay, none of those worked, SO BB'S OBVIOUS SCUM! Can anyone find a reason that he isn't scum?

Okay, the key issue with his argument is that he didn't ask or consider the opposite question: Can anyone find a reason BB ISN'T town?

Well? What am I supposed to do if my play style is inherently scummy or if my general actions are considered "cautious?"

I didn't hammer looker because I'm not so certain he's scum. ANd even if I was, reckless all out assault play at lylo will NOT secure victory. As a town, we must be calm and logical. Vi, on the other hand, doesn't even care anymore. If he's town aligned, he's playing recklessly and and without even the slightest concern for the town. I, on the other hand, currently think Vi is scum. Whether in jest or not, Vi is kind of close to just buying votes from Looker and making deals with Pablo that, when I flip town, will never be fulfilled cause Vi will win.

So far, Vi has just attacked people relentlessly, and his lack of case against me is pathetic. The other person here who I would think to actual find issue with this, Zach, has recently posted like a lapdog to Vi, thus making him an exceptionally likely scum partner to Vi.
Zachrulez wrote:I'm sorry, I missed the part where Pablo tells us who he thinks the scum are.

Are there reasons for suspecting Vi? Are there reasons to believe Beyond is NOT scum?
Why do you refuse to consider Vi-scum a possibility?

Why do you refuse to consider BB is town? Do you realize that just because you can't find something that blantantly screams "I'm TOWN" in a person's play style that it doesn't necessarily condemn them to being scum, or are you so naive that you're actually going to follow Vi to your (death if your town, or victory if your scum.) Based on my opinion that you do, in fact, have a brain, I'd say the latter is far more likely. That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here. You're mafia in my book too.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Beyond_Birthday 822 wrote:The above, as P. Molinero pointed out, has is that Vi hasn't done anything to prove I'm scummy.
I read up to this point and have to say: Give up and go home.
B_B 822 wrote:That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here.
The moment you say this is the moment it loses all credibility~
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

BB wrote:As a town, we must be calm and logical.
logical, sure. calm, really? Why do you feel town needs to be calm? I'd say non-calm town are the best because it throws scum off their game.
BB wrote:That, and you know my scum meta doesn't match my play here.
Like Vi said, if you say this, you know your scum meta, therefore can play another way when scum, therefore, it's no longer just your scum meta.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”