Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Kison »

Why did you feel compelled to look in another thread in order to describe the role that should be in your inbox?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

qwints wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Game Rules:

Gameplay:

You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
We've now got two fairly big issues:

1) Mufasa clearly violated rule 1 of the rules by "quoting" the pm. NO ONE ELSE CORRECT HIM BY QUOTING THE ACTUAL VANILLA PM. Quoting mod pms is a mod-killable offense.

2) Assuming Mufasa intended to quote a vanilla pm, he just made an absolutely idiotic lie. The vanilla pm is available in the mod's opening post.

We need a ruling from the mod on Mufasa's post and Mufasa's explanation about his transparent lie before we move on.
Considering the info is on page one for anyone to copy and paste I didn't see this as a direct violation of that rule. I look at that as questions, comments, night actions people send to me then anything else.
This does not state that Mufasa is telling the truth or lying just my thought on rule #1. I will discuss with a few others to verify though.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Okay I consulted with Vel on this.

Mufasa is mod killed due violation of Rule 1.

Mufasa was mafia goon - mod killed Day 2

Day 2 continues.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Vote count
:

qwints 1 vote: (Walnut)

Not voting:

Gabe
Kison
qwints
Family:Kostic
Bladewing Vorox

With 6 players it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is April 13th, 12:22pm PST
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Gabe »

Bwahaha! This means so much!

Vote: FK

Sorry, getting excited. Family, you were Mufasa's biggest friend throughout the game. How do you explain yourself?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Ya I hate you farside its a newbie game I would think their would be some give to rules for first offense.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Gabe »

Wow, Mufasa, cool it. It's a game, nothing else. What's more, it was 'Vel' who made the decision, not Farside.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Kison »

Vote: Family:Kostic

Mufasa's death places him as my prime suspect.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mufasa wrote:Ya I hate you farside its a newbie game I would think their would be some give to rules for first offense.

I'm not big on Mod kills but I had to talk with the List Mod as it was his rules I copy and thus followed
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by qwints »

Considering the deadline is still the same,
vote:FamilyKostic

The defense of Mufasa is even more damning now.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Post by Family:Kostic »

Other than what I have already said in defence of my 'defending of Mufasa' there really is not much more I can add to it.. Recapping it:
Defending Mufasa as I have seems to have gotten me into this precarious position that I am in but all I was doing was saying that I did see his scummy actions as over-enthusiastic and there were scummier actions by players occuring at the time that were being ignored by players.
I never once said that I didn't think he was scummy and still have him high on my possible scum list, equal second with BV in fact. Also, would be willing to lynch him if there weren't more scummy candidates IMO still in the game.

Most to least scummy IMO.
1. Qwints/Hohum.
2. BV & Mufasa.
3. Kison/Neko & Spinach/Walnut.
4. Gabe.

I'm sure I am not the only one that has thought that Mufasa's scummy behaviour was down to over-enthusiasticness or someting of the nature though, as Gabe has said.
My claim is Townie.

If you would like to ask me questions on anything specific reguarding the issue that makes me suss then I would gladly answer them.

Also,
V/LA through 4/12

This obviously makes it hard for me to answer anything until then but I suppose you will have to do wnat you must until I get back.

Best of luck and I must say that I suppose I must had gotten a bit of tunnel vision with Mufasa.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by Walnut »

Well, that changes things a bit. I did a bit of a quick re-read, and while I can still see how others could be partnered with Mufasa, FK does seem the most likely.

vote Family:Kostic

@Mufasa: We can discuss everything that happened in the game after it is over- the thread stays open and it is a good forum for talking about just that kind of thing.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Post by Family:Kostic »

Thanks for the game guys, that vote is me lynched. Again, good luck!!

Don't be foolish now...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:27 am

Post by farside22 »

After the quick death of Mufasa the town people felt for sure they knew who his partner was.
The people point to Family:Kostic. The mod nods her head.

"Come on guys your nuts. I'm town I tell you! TOWN!"

Thud

Family is hung. The mod reaches into his pocket and pulls out his card.

The news is grim

TOWNIE

Family:Kostic - townie - lynched day 2

Night 2 deadline is Monday April 13th, 8:30am PST
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:05 am

Post by farside22 »

Morning arrives a bit late. Sorry from the mod weekends are crazy and days starting I'm still trying to function.

Anyways on with the show.

People start to come into the game room. It looks like many a happy face is seen from people as they enter from a successful day yesterday.
It seems one is missing.
Bladewing Vorox is found in his room shot in the head.

Oh poor Bladewing Vorox and what is worse is a medical kit next to him.
I search his pocket and sure enough I find.

DOCTOR

Bladewing Vorox - doctor - killed night 3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

With 4 players it will take 3 votes for a lynch.
Deadline is 3 weeks from this post
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Walnut »

Well, no surprises on BV being killed.

My thinking is "no lynch" today. We only get one shot at a lynch and I would prefer to be choosing who I think is more likely to be scum out of 2 players than 3.

Right now I am suspecting qwints. My arguments from yesterday remain, plus he was the person most pushing the FK lynch. I would like to hear more from Gabe and Kison though.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Kison »

No lynch is the only sensible thing to do at this point, but not necessarily in any rush.

I am pretty sure one of Walnut or Qwints is scum, I'm just not sure which. I haven't ruled anyone out entirely, though.

Mufasa attacked both Qwints and Spinach at one point or another, but what I find interesting is that Hohum ignored the similarities between Family:Kostic's and Mufasa's attacks on Spinach and decided to hone in only on FK. I made comment of this right after I entered the game.

I'll post back more in a bit - these are merely things that I'm recalling off the top of my head.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 am

Post by qwints »

vote: walnut

I'm the cop and got a guilty last night. I investigated gabe on night one and got a town result. If the town (gabe and kison) want to wait until tomorrow for the lynch, I'm fine with that.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Kison »

Qwints, can you cite and breadcrumbs you dropped?
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Walnut »

vote qwints

Whew, I was right! I am quite relieved that qwints has turned it into a two horse race, as I am generally suspicious enough to not want to rule out any possibilities. However, now it is simply up to Gabe and Kison to vote for the right person. There is no longer any point in "no lynch"- qwints would have to kill Kison, as he has said I am scum and Gabe is town.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Gabe »

Oh. Oh wow. This isn't good.

At first glance, there is nothing to do here but choose a side. That's how it appears. And really, I'm not just going to be swayed by two players with a 50-50 chance of being in the Mafia. I'd rather look back at what we've seen and attempt to find helpful information than make any stupid choices. In essence, who has been friends with Mufasa since the beginning?

But then, there is a flaw in even that: if you've been against Mufasa the entire game, that doesn't mean anything, does it? It could just mean that you ditched Mufasa early on.

We do know that either qwints or Walnut is in the Mafia, because qwints is either in the mafia and lying, or is the real cop. There is no reason for a townie to claim cop if they aren't, and it would generally be a bad move. Therefore, I doubt that qwints is just a townie.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm

Post by qwints »

[IC Hat]
It is absolutely correct that the scum must be either Walnut or I.
[/IC]

The only breadcrumbs I can offer are
1) My reactions concerning claiming yesterday
2) The fact that gabe was the bottom of my scum list

Right now, it is time for the now-confirmed townies to re-read in light of their new knowledge. Simply compare whether the past is more consistent with me being scum or with spinach/walnut being scum. The game is in your hands.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Gabe »

Spinach/Walnut was friendly with Mufasa, answered a few of his questions. Hohum/qwints was never too friendly with him.

What do you think, Kison?
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Walnut »

I had a few notes that took a while to pull together, but at least it is a relatively short game, so here goes. My apologies for the brain dump and if it is less than easily readable.

Hohum:

Posts 16,17: On first reading, even this jumped out at me. Scum, in their efforts to look unscummy, try to look personally blameless in even low risk moves, so any attempt to justify something by referring to another source (e.g. random dice roll) is a scumtell. I am surprised how often this one turns out to be true. Coincidence that he votes for Mufasa? I think not, scum like to vote for their partner when it doesn't matter, as it looks good on the record.

Post 19: Correctly tells Mufasa "no lynch" is a bad option.

Post 35: Defends Mufasa's previous posting (@Gabe: you just said Hohum "was never too friendly" with Mufasa, but he does defend him nonetheless!).

Post 45: Asks for Mufasa's reasons for his multiple votes. Hohum offers some multichoice options, which is a good way to get a scummy looking partner out of trouble. Note also that a first "attack" of the game at this stage does not threaten your partner, but gets you some town kudos for pointing out their bad play.

Post 51: Looks harsh on Mufasa from the "dodging my question" part, but then ends up counselling patience, which turns what looked like an accusation into a mild lesson.

Post 101: Hohum disappears for almost two full pages of posts then appears again to say
I think we've done a good job already of transitioning from the random voting stage to discussing concerns about one another.

Keep it up guys.
Post 103: I have been busy elsewhere.

Post 120: READ THIS ONE! Excuse the caps, but with hindsight it is a fascinating post. FK has asked him whether he thinks his random vote on Mufasa is proving justified, and hohum says:

1) Anyone who is confident at this stage should re-examine their playstyle. (in other words, rather than saying "no", he says that it would be wrong to be confident in saying "yes", which undermines those presently thinking that way)
2) "I like where this wagon is headed, so I will stay on it." (which is a soft option allowing him to get off at any stage, as he has not committed any argument).
3) A bit of theory that I would disagree with, as examining individual's motives to me takes precedence over an ill-conceived wagon.
4) The simple answer is "no", I am not confident in my vote
5) Questions FK regarding his other content, which moves the focus from Mufasa.

Post #126: Asks BV to post.

Post #128: Votes Seamus, immediately after he "claims". This struck me as weird on my first read- no discussion, no consideration of possibilities, just an immediate vote. What a gift for the scum team that was, but by hohum jumping in straight away he made it legitimate for others to follow him without any discussion. Neko, the other IC, agreed that Seamus would be the lynch for the day, but saw no need to push it that fast.

Post #160: Been a busy weekend, will post tomorrow. (This is fair enough, and you never know in an online game, but also convenient timing. Hohum does not want to enter into any discussion right now- he wants nature to take its course and Seamus to be lynched with no further risk.)

Post #162: Asks mod to replace Seamus. This looks good, but is a lot less good than it looks. The standard response from mods tends to be "If they break the rules, I will modkill them. If they don't, they are the players' issue to deal with within the context of the game", so in fact he ran little risk of having Farside replace Seamus.

Post 187: Note that the tomorrow never came in terms of a decent post from hohum. Instead, he calls people out for posting filler (when he is not posting anything!).

Post 198: ANOTHER ONE TO READ IN CONTEXT. BV has just said that he has a reason for playing cautiously but it is too early to share it. In doing so, he has more or less announced that he is a newb player with a power role. Hohum's response is that it is never too early to share thoughts, and votes BV. Given BV's obvious newness with the game, this is highly likely to lead to an unnecessary claim.

Post 201: "Facepalm" again. If I ever play with hohum again and see the "facepalm" come out, I will know that he is scum and very happy with what just happened :lol:

Post 202: Casts doubt on the claim.

Post 205, 206 and 208: He has seen that BV is new and not familiar with mafiascum, so encourages/pushes him into a scumhunting role. The thinking is that as he is new he is unlikely to find the scum, will distract from other scumhunting.

Post 219: Votes FK. In doing so he goes against his own theory from #120.

Post 221: Continues argument at petty level.

Post 254: Prodded- still fine with FK lynch. (no argument here, no other contribution- just lying low and not commenting on anything going on)

Post 267: "Self-voting is extremely scummy and unhelpful" (to Mufasa- just a comment/guidance)

Post 268: Immediately followed by "More votes on Kostic please!"

Hohum is absent for a while and picks up a couple of votes. Mufasa chips in with post 307:
I wouldn't mind voting for hohum, because the way he has lay lowed all game is rather lurkish and as of late he has been out,
but I'd only do that if thats what we all come to a decision on.
A bit like Hohum's answer to "would you vote for Mufasa", this kind of says "Yes but no" (the italics are mine)

At that point we say welcome to qwints!

I am tired tonight and will pick this up again (hopefully tomorrow). In the meantime, please don't lynch anyone (unless it is qwints).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”