Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by dahill1 »

DizzyIzzyB13 replaces Cybele! Everyone thank Izzy!
I'll extend or cancel the deadline tomorrow
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

'Sup, bitches. Behold the Izzy!
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Juls »

Hi Izzy...glad to have you.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ITT, the ratio of gals to guys impresses me

:P

Welcome Izzy. Enjoy the readthrough. Its one of the more pleasant and interesting game reads I've had as a replacement.

@coug: that was a painful codex to decipher. :P you were also off on at least 1 letter, unless we have a new character named don johnsoa ;)

anyways, since anybody can go through the torture of figuring out the question you asked me, my answer is I'm just not sure about don and his mason claim. I can't see any scum benefits from claiming when he did, but then again, I can't openly see how his claim helps the town either. Only two possible pro-town explanations are either A) he's a PR gambiting, or B) he's protecting his mason partner who might have been one of the players under pressure.

Of course, the problem is this is no reveal and they can't confirm each other. So, it would come down to whether or not we trust him and his claim enough to not lynch him or his partner, or if we think we found 2 scum.

Gut tells me that the risk is too great for scum-don to fake claim mason, so he's probably being honest. I still think it was a bad claim though because its basically a vanilla role that scum aren't going to nk.
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Score, I managed to survive the read through without committing suicide. That's roughly 2 and three quarter hours of my life I'll never have back. It's a tough game to digest with the mechanics and the replacements and such. And, y'know, with having to decode messages your partner sent to other people.

I think I'm up to speed with what's happened, but due to the compexity, I haven't quite interpreted it as I want yet. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. I'd find it helpful to be able to focus, so... I'm all ears.

Don's mason claim seems sketchy to me. Less so because of concerns over the role itself, since unlimited night talking definitely has its advantages over the one shot communique system, but because of the timing of it. It was unforced and just doesn't seem like a good claim at that point in time for that role.

One thing I haven't noticed is any discussion about how this could potentially have affected the whole Comm-Burn scheme of Day One - I didn't notice anything in the rules stating that roles capable of night-talking were not allowed to talk during the confirmation phase, which is a grey area since I've seen it allowed or not allowed in different games with different. I mean... could pre-game talk affect the way that's interpreted?

Also, a question for the mod: The rules state that Communiques can only contain 20 words. What constitutes a word?
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by dahill1 »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Also, a question for the mod: The rules state that Communiques can only contain 20 words. What constitutes a word?
I consider names to be a word. As a rule of thumb, just go with what you think fits the limit and it most likely will. As long as you don't write onewordlikethisandmakeitreallylong or make other attempts to bypass the rules then you're fine.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by don_johnson »

rhinox wrote:Only two possible pro-town explanations are either A) he's a PR gambiting, or B) he's protecting his mason partner who might have been one of the players under pressure.
^^ this is a very narrow view. to clarify: i did not claim to protect myself or my partner. i had already claimed to juls via communique and don't see the harm in sparking some conversation.
rhinox wrote:I still think it was a bad claim though because its basically a vanilla role that scum aren't going to nk.
actually, i replaced in to a game not long ago as scum and we ended up having a mason pair claim day 1 to avoid a mislynch. we lynched doc day 1(at the cost of my partner day 2), however, the first two nk's were the masons as they were confirmed townies. my partner and i can't confirm each other, but i don't believe we are fully aware of all the mechanics and possibilities of this set up, so i wouldn't go counting things out. scum knows i'm telling the truth. if they don't nk me, they will be trying to lynch me. to do so i believe they will have to put together a case of "crap logic" which will be discernible. my play hasn't been stellar, but if you look hard enough it will be difficult to find anything scummy. so my claim helps me at this point, maybe not the most pro-town thing, but it is certainly not anti-town.

juls: i am working on a message for you via codex. it may take some time, but i would like to fully explain to you what i mean. also, i just realized that if my partner has anything to say to me they should be able to use codex from our night thread. hmmm, scum can do that too. this game is fun.

to my partner: do not claim unless you want to or feel a need to.
izzy wrote:One thing I haven't noticed is any discussion about how this could potentially have affected the whole Comm-Burn scheme of Day One - I didn't notice anything in the rules stating that roles capable of night-talking were not allowed to talk during the confirmation phase, which is a grey area since I've seen it allowed or not allowed in different games with different. I mean... could pre-game talk affect the way that's interpreted?
this is partly why i am hesitant to trust our entire day 1 strategy. juls/roffman/ecto could have had a plan backfire there, but that is just raw speculation as i could not produce evidence to that effect.
izzy wrote:It was unforced and just doesn't seem like a good claim at that point in time for that role.
the game seemed rather dead for a bit. what would be a good time to claim that role? rhinox equated it to a vanilla claim. also, you both discount the fact that there may be more to my role.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Rhinox wrote:@coug: that was a painful codex to decipher. :P you were also off on at least 1 letter, unless we have a new character named don johnsoa ;)
Oops. I promise not to speak in this game again until I give it another readthrough.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Reread it and felt like I was being dragged through the mud—I
STILL
have nothing decent. Rhinox shot down my don_johnson case, I should not be voting Juls if I'm entrusting her with information, I don't suspect Rhinox buddying with Juls enough to warrant even FoS'ing the former, and I have no good leads elsewhere.

Vote: No Lynch
. I said this was OK as a last resort, and right now my brain is shot. I don't anticipate enough activity to get anything decent out of today either.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Juls »

Well I think we can get more information by day 3. I am leaning toward no lynch. I am going to prepare some codex's though first and I also want to get DJ's codex before we go to night.
Juls
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

i will try to have it up late tonight after school.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:47 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Actually, speaking of the coded messages... I have one that was sent to Cybele that I don't seem to have been told how to decode yet. If I missed it, could it be posted again at some point? It was sent anonymously on the 22nd. Thanks!
Show
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 am

Post by skitzer »

I really don't feel like a no lynch is better than any lynch at this point.

Here's what I think:

no-lynch + no-reveal = no-lynch+no-reveal = ....

It's just a continuous cycle. And all these communiques going around isn't really getting anything done. The only efficient thing is if Juls is really town and she ends up determining something effective.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

nk's should most certainly be read as townies. so your math is incorrect. no-lynch = nightkill = dead townie =information.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 am

Post by skitzer »

Oh...maybe I haven't read back far enough, but then shouldn't we have examined anything about BSG?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Juls »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Actually, speaking of the coded messages... I have one that was sent to Cybele that I don't seem to have been told how to decode yet. If I missed it, could it be posted again at some point? It was sent anonymously on the 22nd. Thanks!
Search my messages in isolation for the 12th "green" word in the message Cybele sent me (without the 's). Let me know if you understand. If you don't I will create a codex for you.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Juls »

skitzer wrote:I really don't feel like a no lynch is better than any lynch at this point.

Here's what I think:

no-lynch + no-reveal = no-lynch+no-reveal = ....

It's just a continuous cycle. And all these communiques going around isn't really getting anything done. The only efficient thing is if Juls is really town and she ends up determining something effective.
I am pretty certain I can get some information during the night. I will be doing some codex's tonight and getting them up. In the mean time, if you believe me to be town I would like for you to send me a claim with your communique if it is available.
Juls
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 am

Post by skitzer »

I'll think about it. -_-
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:30 am

Post by don_johnson »

skitzer wrote:Oh...maybe I haven't read back far enough, but then shouldn't we have examined anything about BSG?
excellent point. has anyone done this?

juls: what makes you think you are going to survive the night?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Budja »

I am still not really happy with a no-lynch.

What worries me it that there is a general lack of enthusiasm for scum-hunting with most people focusing on set-up analysis. (This isn't a new thing :roll:)

If the town believe it will be beneficial and with actual purpose , I guess I might go along with it but definitely not if it is the lazy way out.

skitzer wrote: Oh...maybe I haven't read back far enough, but then shouldn't we have examined anything about BSG?
Don't just talk about it...

Most of what BSG said was a long time ago and was focused on the whole roff/hohum debate. I think she was the first to mention roff could have lied but she did oppose the roff wagon.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 am

Post by skitzer »

So see? With just that I can assume that BSG and hohum are likely not the same alignment as roffman.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:15 am

Post by don_johnson »

skitzer wrote:So see? With just that I can assume that BSG and hohum are likely not the same alignment as roffman.
why?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 am

Post by skitzer »

Budja wrote:
Most of what BSG said was a long time ago and was focused on the whole roff/hohum debate. I think she was the first to mention roff could have lied but she did oppose the roff wagon.
This. roff and hohum were against each other, while BSG was against roff.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

skitzer wrote:
Budja wrote:
This. roff and hohum were against each other, while BSG was against roff.
okay. that certainly would jive with my suspicions of hohum. nightkilling those who agree with you can be an effective scum strategy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Budja »

You most certainly cannot assume anything.

What if roff was town? What if roff bussed hohum? All are certainly possible, even if not likely.

Also I suggest you reread BSG yourself rather than rely on my quick analysis.

Actually something has come to my attention, my role-PM suggests anti-town forces rather than specifically mentioning scum. Interesting...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”