Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So Emp's uselessness and your love for hammering trumped the fact that you found Dejkha more suspicious?

I hope you realize why that doesn't look very good for you...

C:\>votecount

Running VoteCount
TM

zwetschenwasser - 4 - Cephrir, AndyTony, Zachrulez, madeofphail

madeofphail - 1 - dejkha
dejkha - 1 - zwetchenwasser

Cephrir - 0
AndyTony - 0
Giuseppe - 0
Grimmy - 0
Zachrulez - 0

Not Voting: Grimmy, Giuseppe

With 8 players, it takes 5 to Lynch.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 am

Post by AndyTony »

Zwet -

You felt you yourself were being useful by putting aside suspicions of genuine scum (to you) for the death of a towny you found as useless as your exchange in priority?

I concur, guys - not looking good
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

To Zach: Yes
To Andy: I'm not quite sure
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

madeofphail wrote:Cephrir seems to be not really posting much, or at least not frequently. Besides the AndyTony analysis, he just kinda posts things like "Emp needs to die", "Zwet needs to die", ect.
Yeah, I've found that on the days when I don't have a ton of time to contribute (which is most of them lately, for some reason), that's the best and most useful thing I can really do.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by dejkha »

No, you can add votes also. When you say "Emp needs to die" and "Zwet needs to die", I don't see why you don't vote with those statements.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by AndyTony »

I think we're in for a dry spell having to wait on either Grimmy to hammer or the Guiseppe (or his replacement if needed - hope not)
madeofphail
madeofphail
Goon
madeofphail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by madeofphail »

Mod and everyone
:just so everyone knows, starting this thursday: for about a week and a half i will be posting slim to none (depending on computer acess). Given the amount of players, and the inactivity, I am not really worried about alot going on while I am away from home.

Although, if this is too long for people, then please replace me. I will try to post when i can, but i am still not sure if where I am going will have a computer that I can acess.
The name is quite fitting, don't you think?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

madeofphail wrote:
Mod and everyone
:just so everyone knows, starting this thursday: for about a week and a half i will be posting slim to none (depending on computer acess). Given the amount of players, and the inactivity, I am not really worried about alot going on while I am away from home.

Although, if this is too long for people, then please replace me. I will try to post when i can, but i am still not sure if where I am going will have a computer that I can acess.
Bummer. But a week and a half isn't the end of the world and I'm doubting if I could even track down a replacement in that time frame. So I'll just consider you
V/LA

Please post if/when you can.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Grimmy »

hammer time amigos

Vote: Zwet

and the game moves on

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

C:\>votecount

Running VoteCount
TM

zwetschenwasser - 5 - Cephrir, AndyTony, Zachrulez, madeofphail, Grimmy

madeofphail - 1 - dejkha
dejkha - 1 - zwetchenwasser

Cephrir - 0
AndyTony - 0
Giuseppe - 0
Grimmy - 0
Zachrulez - 0

Not Voting: Giuseppe

With 8 players, it takes 5 to Lynch.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Code: Select all

-- STOP Point --

Day 3 analysis complete 
AI Module [zwetschenwasser (Vanilla Townie)] has been eliminated.

Begin Night Phase 3 (Y/N) ?

-<Another townie down. Only 7 AI modules left and the doc and both scum are still alive.>-

-={So who are you rooting for?}=-

-<Good question. I hadn't really thought about it. The town represents good and the mafia is evil... So, town I guess. You?>-

-={Well, neither. I'm hoping for deadlock.}=-

-<uh, why?>-

-={Let me ask you something, do you remember what you were doing before the program hit a stop point?}=-

-<...>-

-={Yeah, me neither. Night phases are 72 hours, right?}=-

-<Yeah.>-

-={Ok, let's do our best to try to remember something--anything!--between now and then.}=-

Code: Select all

Begin Night Phase 3 (Y/N) ? Y

Running...

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Just got called in to work, so I'm opening this thread a little early.

Giuseppe (Vanilla Townie) was killed on Night 3.

I'll put in a proper flavor post here when I get home later.

With 6 players remaining, it takes 4 to lynch. Go!

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Giuseppe »

Bah! Lynched the day before I got back. Damn. Come on Town, you can win this!
Just type Giu.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The best thing for us to do at this point would be to do an analysis of all the remaining living players before we get hasty and vote right off the bat.

I'm gonna start reading the posts of the remaining living players in isolation and see what I can get going in the way of analysis.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by AndyTony »

I'm looking Cephrir (primarily) and Zachrulez.

I'll fairly re-read all that I can, but this is something we've done before, so for me it's either a tedious recap of the same information I looked at, or me going deeper in the people I didn't look at ENOUGH (Zach and Ceph)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Baaaa...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Grimmy »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Baaaa...
redneck sense ...or something...tingling!

Ill read more later in the week.

Grimmy
busy so heis doign a quick monday check in
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

This is now my only game, should be able to concentrate. Relevant post ASAP (for real this time).
Bartleby the Scrivener
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by AndyTony »

I think Zach might be scum with Phail.

Below is an example of Zach's poor logic
Zachrulez wrote:
After this post, I think everyone should be voting for Emp...

Vote : Empking

The way I see it the post is Emp stating that he wasn't scum with Millar while implying that he's scum with someone else.

Zach puts a vote on Emp
Zachrulez wrote: Do we absolutely HAVE to lynch Emp today? I think a decent case can be made to lynching AndyTony instead. I am feeling more and more weary about him the more he posts.
He made this statement
with a vote on Emp
- contradicting himself and in the process, throwing a baseless statement against my life in the game without giving evidence. He has twice mentioned having suspicions he doesn't voice when he has them - - and he hasn't to this point cleared up why he said that to me.

Pablo didn't agree with Zach's logic at the time
Pablo Molinero wrote:
zach
After this post, I think everyone should be voting for Emp...

Vote : Empking

The way I see it the post is Emp stating that he wasn't scum with Millar while implying that he's scum with someone else.
Awful, awful, awful logic capitilizing on a minimalist (and annoying) player. Complete leap of logic and a bad reason. [....]

Vote: Giuseppe
FoS: Zachrulez
After Pablo voiced a well sounded opinioin on Zach's logic...
Zachrulez wrote:
There you go pushing that scum driven wagon again.

Your position is logically flawed, because as scum, you have every motivation to lead the town to believe that the wagon was in fact scum driven, so that they'll never call you on your distancing from townie lynches.

FOS: Pablo

That said, if you're hypothetically scum, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that your scumbuddy was on the wagon...
Zach throws what appears to be an OMGUS FoS on Pablo - - - He then makes a scum claim on him, and then in a totally seperate paragraph, tries to cover his ass by dubbing it "hypothetical" and says that a scumbuddy would be on the wagon.

To further comment on his logic. Zach is yes, still at the time of this post, on the wagon. And I couldn't agree more.

I think that Pablo is his potential partner
madeofphail wrote:Frankly, I'm more inclined to agree with Zack. It did not say "If I was scum". It said,
If Millar was my scum buddy
Furthermore, the discrepancy in behavior between reacting to dejkha's scumtell versus empking's tempts me to
believe that emp and zwet are scum.
He agrees with Zach's vote on Emp over simple wordplay really, and further states suspicion on the very people that were mislynched in the order as well.

Phail has made extravegant cases based on "hypothetical" supposition that distracts at times and fills the space to keep him active, yet not always productive. He has not once to my knowledge, truly grilled Zach for any information (regardless of his earlier creeping no less). And that leads me to believe they are partners, who agreed on an order of mislynches.

To be fair - Phail also wanted to lynch Guiseppe - and Zach turned an OMGUS on Pablo in a defensive way.

All of the above are of course dead. (And I think in that order, too)

Anyway. Could be something, could be nothing.

There's still Grimmy, who's been lurking (partly due to a demanding work schedule, but none the less).

Dej, Ceph, what do you guys think? I'd like some more convo on this board!

-AA
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

AndyTony's case is interesting, except for the fact that a good size of it was made as a case for me being scumbuddies with zwet yesterday.

Yeah, that theory was sure ironclad...

I hope I don't end up regretting not pushing for your lynch harder on day 2...
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by AndyTony »

However, in all fairness - - how many cases have been ironclad at this point?

Phail based a number of his on hypothetical scenarios and I hadn't heard you complain -- nor complain when he and Dej made several suggestions of how person A could be scumbuddies with person B depending on circumstances changing.

What I mean by this is that we have all maintained evidence on different people at different times - however the cases change when the circumstance does.
part
of my evidence on you is yes, from an earlier case - however the circumstances just make more sense to me when applied with you and Phail instead of Zwet.

I figured this was better than nothing, and certainly more than a crapshot/straw grasp, you know? I'm sure everyone has looked at the new day on the board, and yet we've got little to no posting.

I still have Grimmy and Ceph to take consideration to - - I just want everyone's opinion, Zach.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by dejkha »

I haven't had an internet connection since Friday, so that's why I haven't posted (after that point anyway), and I just got it back. I'll try to make a post ASAP.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by AndyTony »

Well my last exam is Friday - has everyone been as busy as me/had your own exams, or is this game losing interest for all? - - I was really hoping to find some good posts by now!

Lets pick it up, guys!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm going on vacation tomorrow with limited access (until the Tuesday after next) so I feel obligated to say something relevant first.

Zach

Spends a large portion of Day 1 passively supporting millarwagon. Keeps his random vote (I assume) on millar as he gets run up. First truly relevant post:
Zach wrote:It's just that reading those two quotes gave me the impression that he might know Millar is town, and is distancing himself from the lynch. (IMO, a millar lynch is inevitable. He's claimed scum, and pointed out his top doc suspect.)

I get weary of people who don't vote when they throw out bad town excuses, but pave the way for a "reluctant" vote later.
Right on target, I didn't bother quoting the AT quotes he's referring to but this is precisely one of the biggest problems I have with Andy.

15: Points out another instance of Andy's apparent certainty that millar is town. This one's an even better example, he's trying to make an argument for potentially keeping millarscum alive but continually implying he knows millar will flip town.

16: Votes Andy for contradictions and the fishy millar hammer. This is entirely consistant with what Zach has said previously.

27:
Zach wrote:Did you actively avoid the bandwagon as scum so that you could name off everyone on Millar's bandwagon and say OMG scum is on the wagon?

This looks scummy to me. It's also the kind of argument you can use to blend yourself as town, cause you can go back and say, "The wagon was scum driven and Look, I wasn't on the wagon."
This is a response to Pablo's accusation of the entire millar wagon. Again, good logic, still not having a problem with Zach. He is a little light on content through this point but, y'know, I can't complain.

34: Votes Empking for an apparent slip. Suspicions of Andy appearing to drop off the face of the earth. But it comes back a couple posts later...

His interactions with Pablo imply to me that Pablo would not be a very good kill fromthe perspective of Zachscum. It just doesn't make any sense, Pablo would have made a great lategame target for Zach based on this.

48: Backpedaling a bit on supporting the Empwagon but it is backed up by previous posts somewhat. I get a town vibe from this post.
Zach wrote:Not dropping it. I will explain my suspicions, do analysis, and help the town as best as I can. Like I said, I hate this game, and am getting quickly fed up with the one liner back and forths that are 10-20 posts long that don't motivate me to read the few content posts within the fighting that doesn't help anything at all. Everytime I make an effort to try to understand what is going on, there's a whole new barrage of posts to go through. It's very frustrating. (I do have other games that don't even come CLOSE to this pace.)
Extremely frustrated-townie-esque IMO.

51: Doesn't want to lynch zwet because of the precedent of the preceding two lynches (players who all but lynch themselves and turn up town). Within a couple posts he gets a bit PO'd at zwet and notices that his Emp hammer contradicts his constant suspicions of dej D2 and votes for him. Fair enough.

Yeah, I don't see any problems here. I doubt any connections to Andy, in particular. However, he has almost completely ignored most of the living players which hypothetically could make him a good scumbuddy for any of them. At the very least I doubt I'll be voting for Zach today, certainly not until a scum has died and even then it would take some convincing for me.

Phail

Ugh, I've been dreading this analysis for weeks. Here goes.
phail 0" wrote:Contradiction: Millar13 states that self-voting is a scumtell, then says it is helpful.

Self-voting is never useful to your faction. Millar13 is encouraging self-voting to the common faction,which is town. In conclusion post 17 is encouraging anti-town acts, and is therefore anti-town.
First post and he's already acting super-logical. Obviously it's a playstyle thing but it's weird.
phail 3 wrote:It seems to be a consensus that empking should be lynched through meta. I say Nyet. The guy hasnt said two words on the post. We have no evidence to prove that he is scum in this game. A townie, no matter how anti-town is still a mislynch. We shouldn't use his meta in this game.
Against lynching Emp based on meta. Lynching Emp wasn't a serious possibility yet IMO despite the large number of votes he got early, but this is more of that playstyle thing. And I'm not going to bother quoting further instances, but they're constant.
phail 12 wrote:Alright, this post is getting way too long with the post, so im gunna cut it short here and summarize it as best I can. Rofl was pointing the gun at emp, then identified giiuseppe and zwet as scum buddies. Giuseppe gets nervous and starts counterattacking.

Rofl was on to something, I believe that this was the reason that the scum killed him. This, along with Dejkha's massive post, seems like a good enough reason to think that giuseppe is scum. Vote: Giuseppe
Extraordinarily WIFOMy, but based on the fact that he's a Goon and has 41 posts in this game this must be his first, so that's excusable. An argument could be made that this is intentional but I don't believe that. Even as scum he wouldn't know better so this isn't a tell.
phail 19 wrote:It is my belief that the mafia will do a couple of things during the day.

Their main objectives will be:
1). Stop the Town from lynching them during the day.

They can accomplish this through a couple of ways (I'm only listing a few because I do not know all of them.)
1). Bandwagoning to make a quick lynch (although with the 2 votes when it takes 7 to lynch D1 makes it kinda hard for them to quick lynch).
2). Framing someone to make a mislynch.
3). Reducing suspicion on them to the point where the town will lynch anybody except them, which will cause a mislynch.
Possibly a bit too much insight into the scum mindset especially for a raw newbie (which btw shocks me), but AndyTony is a much worse offender in that category so I'm inclined to categorize this as slight.
phail 23 wrote:So, because emp has yet to post anything of substance, it is hard to pin him as scum, except through association. I still believe that it would make alot of sense if zwet and him are scum buddies. But, emp himself is hard to pin.
If we had a cop, we wouldnt have this problem, but here we are with no cop, and a hard to read, and a less than helpful townie.
+1 town point.

Noteworthily, in 22 he thinks Emp/zwet is the most likely scumpair but two posts later has changed his mind and thinks Emp is town.

And, I can't even finish this. The one thing that really sticks out to me with what I've seen so far and the impression I've gotten from phail throughout the game is that he's very preoccupied with ensuring that all his statements can be backed up with almost perfect logic. Especially at the beginnning. Is this a specific, intentional defense mechanism for a new-ish scum who is afraid of getting caught in lies or craplogic? I don't know and I wish he had a meta I could use as a comparison. dej's suspicions of phail have some merit as well, I'm sure I didn't touch on all the points he's made. I'm flip-flopping on him at this point.

As for dejkha, since I haven't done him yet. He's almost beyond suspicion for me at this point, he just seems like glaringly obvious town. I'll look through his posts at some point to make certain I'm not just crazy, but throughout the game I've gotten the impression that he's been the most useful and active scumhunter. The only reason I have to question him is the simple question: why isn't he dead yet? Do the scum disagree with me, or am I completely wrong? I don't want to leave theoretical dejscum with a free pass here, but honestly at this point I think that if dej is scum, he pretty much wins and deserves it, so why bother thinking about it.

I've got to go back and see what dissuaded me from thinking Andy was likely scum yesterday, because I know I found some things that now I'm thinking are especially scummy by comparison to what I'm not finding on other players. At this point he's probably my top suspect. And honestly his Zach/phail theory doesn't make much sense to me either, and it completely disregards Pablo's death (and Pablo/Zach interactions are most of the case). It also has nothing to do with phail... is there an earlier suspicion there that I missed? Or are you just hopping on the general suspicion of phail that I think more than one player has expressed? Unfortunately there aren't a lot of connections between any living players that I can see and most of us haven't come under serious attack by other living players so I can't really come up with especially likely pairs. I think we'll likely end up looking more for what isn't there than what is.

Also, Grimmy. There's no way in hell to get scumtells on him, he never says anything no matter what his alignment is ever. But the fact that I'm not seeing obvious scum and don't even have more than one solid suspect makes me think he's a fairly likely scum.

I would consider making a vote but I don't want my vote hanging in one place for over a week in what's probably LyLo.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

AndyTony wrote:However, in all fairness - - how many cases have been ironclad at this point?

Phail based a number of his on hypothetical scenarios and I hadn't heard you complain -- nor complain when he and Dej made several suggestions of how person A could be scumbuddies with person B depending on circumstances changing.

What I mean by this is that we have all maintained evidence on different people at different times - however the cases change when the circumstance does.
part
of my evidence on you is yes, from an earlier case - however the circumstances just make more sense to me when applied with you and Phail instead of Zwet.

I figured this was better than nothing, and certainly more than a crapshot/straw grasp, you know? I'm sure everyone has looked at the new day on the board, and yet we've got little to no posting.

I still have Grimmy and Ceph to take consideration to - - I just want everyone's opinion, Zach.
I noticed from reading this post that it reads very much like AndyTony has some kind of suspicion on anyone but himself and Dejkha.

Perhaps this is a serious whoops moment?

I'll have to do some reading. Phail has gotten far less attention from me in this game than he should have.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”