Mini 775 - Hammersmouth Is Under Attack! (Game over)

PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Vote: kirroha

In one of my past games a certain player told me that the use of the word "fishy" is scummy. I even got voted for it. :P
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

The way I see it, there's nothing noting wrong with warning about someone who has the most number of votes, but it
is
a bit odd that CJM would do that when he was the one casting the third vote.

But more significantly (to me, at least):

@Percy, why do you feel the need to make sure that your vote is switched to _over9000 for a simple spelling mistake? I know this is the random voting stage, and most of the votes don't make sense, but why do you feel it's important that you must make sure that a random vote switch is acknowledged? It shouldn't matter in this case, would it? And more importantly,
why do you switch it away from the very person you FOSed? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to keep your vote on him?
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Uh, actually, it would not be too strange if he FOSed someone without voting anyone. Some people don't like early voting.

It's strange for him to switch he's vote
when he's already voting for the person he was FOSing
. And even stranger, the person he actually swicthed his vote to was being voted for a spelling error (i.e. random vote) while taking his vote off the one person he actualy suspected.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

semioldguy wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:Uh, actually, it would not be too strange if he FOSed someone without voting anyone. Some people don't like early voting.
But that wouldn't really apply to percy here as he clearly is not against voting for someone early.
I kind of covered that in the second part of my post. That first sentence was me responding to Farkshinsoup about "why FOS and not just vote?" My response was that he was already voting that very guy even before the FOS, which makes it even starnger that he should go and remove that vote and randomly (or so it seems) put it on someone else who made a spelling mistake.

Either way, I think we all agree that Percy = first real suspicious guy for the Day.

CJM's action was a little odd, but nowhere as much as Percy's.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:55 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

While we are at it:

Unvote, Vote: Percy

It's not an outright confirmed scum action, obviously, but it's better than my first "fishy" vote kirroha. You can say it's a "slightly-less-than-random vote".

We need to hear an explanation.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

I know that I've gotten 2 votes for my presumptious statement. I suppose I deserved that. You're right, I should not have behaved as though I was speaking on behalf of the town. From my point of view, it was obvious that Percy was the only one who'd done anything really suspicious at the time, but I shouldn't have spoken for anyone else. You guys have every right to take offense at that, and I apologize. If you really suspect me of being scum because of that...I don't what else I can say except that I tend to get carried away occasionally in a game.

With regards to Percy, though, I don't think I was wrong to place my vote, even if it's the 4th. Perosnally, I consider -3 to be still a safe margin away from lynch, and I definitely wanted to pressure him for a explanation. Considering all the other 3 votes on him at the time were random votes, I'm sure they would have been removed if the rest of the town think my vote was unjustified. I certainly didn't think my vote would have led to a quick-lynch, it requires 3 other guys to hammer-pile on after me in quick succession without givng Percy time to respond, and if that happens, they would risk have the rest of the town after them, myself included.

I have read Percy's explanation since, and I'm not sure if i can buy it. Your determination to keep this in the RVS may indeed explain your switch of vote away from CJM (although I'm still rather dubioous about that point), but when you placed yet another "random" vote on Pablo Molinero, I find that even more suspicious. I just don't see what that vote can possibly achieve
after
you've already publicly announced that your votes are random. What kind of reaction other than a good laugh can you possibly get out of that vote? Who's going to take it seriously when they already know the vote on them was purely random, whether they're town or scum? If anything, IMO throwing too much random votes around only diminish the effectiveness of the vote.

Personally, I think your third "random" vote was just a red herring make us think that your previous vote was also random. At this point, my suspicion is on you and CJM being scumbuddies. He did something that looked odd (his warning about the number of votes you had may be him trying too hard to look town when there was no need to), you realised how that could have been interpreted as scummy, and you FOSed him as a warning. Then you were afraid that he might attract votes for that action, so you moved your own away for safety. I don't think you vote-switched was as "random" as it may seem.

For now, I'm happy to keep my vote where it is, although my theory leads me to believe that CJM is also scum.

And then there's kabenon007, whose behaviour has been bizzare to me too, and doesn't seem to be helpful to the town. 3 posts so far, 2 of them just plain random wagon votes, and the last post....I don't quite know what to make of it. If he's scum, I don't think he's with Percy and CJM, since he just waggoned Percy and put him at -2.

For now,
FOS: CJM and kabenon007
, although I don't think they're scum together, but I think at least one of them is.
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:26 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

kabenon007 wrote:Wagons are used to lynch. Getting on them serves the town. I jumped on as vote four. If you're going to get pissed at someone for a wagon, go after the ones who put him at -2 and -1. I jumped on because I believed at that moment that Percy was the scummiest, therefore my vote would rest with him. I witheld my reasons for reactions, which I got.

@Pablo

You criticize me for wagon hopping. How is it any different from any of the other random voting stage antics that go on Day 1? You yourself say that my hopping was blatant (sarcastic?) So, you've got your answers right there... why vote me for it?
I think you've answered your own questions too. You withheld your reason for a vote that put someone at -2, and I think it would be strange if people
don't
attack you for it.
I
got heat for putting someone at -3, and at least I stated my reasons.

You claimed that you held back your reasons for "reaction", which you got. Well, now that you got what you set out for, would you care to share if any of these "reactions" have helped you in scum-hunting?
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by PsychoSniper »

Okay, first, responding to those who addressed me:

I'm apparently being FOSed/voted for the following:

- being "friendly with the town"
- being too "passive" t be town
- backing down and apologizing for my earlier statement
- not posting for a while

@_over9000: I'm not sure what exactly there is to defend against. What's wrong with my apology? I looked back at my post and saw that I made a statement that was quite uncalled for, and I admitted that I phrased my message badly. I don't see what's scummy about that. Keep in mind that I wan't even changing my stance about my vote. I said that I wasn't wrong to place a 4th vote on Percy, even if I did get heat for it, and I still believe so, considering my was the only one that was placed out of legitimate suspicion while the rest were all random. But I'm willing to admit I made a mistake in my phrasing. And I don't see what's wrong with being friendly, either. I don't mind if people attack me by poking holes in my theories, but I don't like to start an argument over bad or offensive choice of words. From my (admittedly limited) experience, this tends to lead to heated personal arguments that detract from the game because people let emotion get the best of them

As for me being "passive".....that's just blatantly wrong, considering that I was the first player to actually tried to attack someone for his suspicious behaviour. You may or may not agree with my scum-theory about who I'm attacking, but that doesn't make me passive in the least. Maybe you can give me a definition of what you mean by passive?

@Farkshinsoup: I "backed down" because, like I said, I looked back and felt that I really did make a presumptious statement. See above in my response to _over9000. As for me being inactive, that's simply because I've been busy in real life, nothing more. It's not as if I'm posting elsewhere but not this thread.

Now, back to where I was the last time I posted. It's true that I do not really have actual concrete proof behind my Percy-CJM buddy theory. In response to what iamausername posted about my theory: yes, Percy switched his vote before his FOS, and I believe it was a random vote at the time. But most people aren't worried about a random vote not getting noticed by the Mod. Some don't even remember who they random voted at the start. When the vote wasn't picked up by the Mod, Percy insisted that it gets legit moved. I interpreted it as Percy wanting to move that vote off CJM rather than placing it on _over900, because at the _over9000 had done basically.....nothing. I'm looking not just at individual suspicions, but at any potential links between players that I may spot. In this semi-open setup, the only inter-related roles are the scum, so I went with what I thought was the most visible relationship.

Of course, now Percy has explained in detail why he treats random votes so seriously. I still have my doubts about that, but more importantly, CJM has IMO officially far surpassed him in scumminess, just by the fact that he has got ZERO content posts after 5 pages, plus a blatant, useless OMGUS vote to boot.

So for now I'm going to upgrade my FOS on CJM:

Unvote, Vote CJMiller
PsychoSniper
PsychoSniper
Goon
PsychoSniper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 am

Post by PsychoSniper »

Ok, I'm afraid I have another apology to make, this time to everyone including (especially) the Mod.

Mod: Sorry about this, but I need to be replaced. I just found out a few hours ago that I'll be going for an overseas assignment. Going by past experience, this is going to limit my personal internet access to no more than a couple of hours per week, which judging by how fast this game has been moving will just kill me trying to keep up with it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”