Nomic - Game Over. King Max Wins!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Nomic - Game Over. King Max Wins!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Juls »

Nomic

This game is based on Nomic. In this game, you are in control of what happens, how it happens, when it happens, and how you win. There are a set of 10 golden rules below that govern how rules are created and other miscellaneous bookkeeping but the rest is up to you.

The Golden Rules

(some of these cannot be changed, others require a 2/3 majority vote. See post 25 for details.)
  • GR1.
    No rule will require moderator action in shorter duration than 24 hours. In other words, I will update at least every 24 hours and a rule cannot require me to make updates in less than 24 hours.
    GR2.
    Rules are proposed in the same manner that lynches are executed in the game of mafia. That is, you may propose a rule by bolding
    Proposal
    followed by your rule.
    GR3.
    A proposed rule must reach a 50% + 1 vote majority of yay votes before it is added to the rule set. Every player has exactly one yay or nay vote. It is assumed that the person who proposes the rule has submitted a yay vote for the rule.
    GR4.
    Once a rule is officially added to the proposal list in the first thread, it will stay there for a period of one week before it is removed from consideration. However, rules may be reproposed.
    GR5.
    Rules may be revoked in the same manner in which they are proposed; For example, by typing
    Propose to Revoke Rule #7

GR6.
    There shall never exceed a maximum of 25 rules at any time during the game.
    GR7.
    The moderator reserves the right to veto rules that make it impossible or extremely difficult for me to moderate the game and verify its results.
    GR8.
    The game will continue until there is a single winner. Rules resulting in a tie will require the remaining participants to come to an agreement (via proposing another rule) of a winner.
    GR9.
    I am the moderator. What I say goes. You can and will be modikilled if I feel you are ruining or distracting from the game. But you would have to do a lot to get modkilled. :)
    GR10.
    The moderator may expand on rules to create a obtainable result (e.g. if factions are to be formed, the moderator will facilitate the assigning of said factions). I also reserve the right to add Golden Rules if there is anything that has been neglected.
Hints (Suggestions on Rules)
  • How many participants will we have? (I won't allow less than 5)
  • How does one win? By accumulation of points? By being the last one standing?
  • Is there a king?
  • Do we have night phases? How long do they last?
  • Can you talk outside of the thread?
  • Are there post restrictions?
  • What are the consequences of your rules?
Disclaimer:
I have never played Nomic, I have only read about it. If you have played Nomic, I am open to suggestions. However, please don't enter the game expecting it to be a perfect copy of Nomic.

Rules Currently in Proposal Phase (2 yay/nay votes needed to pass/defeat)

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P46
[col]
Each player can chose one of these three things: Bomb; Every player other than you loses 1 HP.; Hammer: When you sandwich a player it does two damage.; Potion: Gain an extra 2 HP
[col]
(0)
[col]
(1) Max
[col]
04/24 5:45a.m. CDT
P54
[col]
The 9 eliminated players thus far will form a jury to decide the winner at the passing of this proposal between the 3 remaining players. No new proposals will be able to be proposed, and any outstanding proposals will be invalidated.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(0)
[col]
04/26 6:08a.m. CDT

Rules in Play

There is a limit of 13 players. Afterwhich, no new players may be added or replaced into the game.
Being removed from the game is equivalent to an automatic loss.
Players must post at least once every 48 hours or be removed from the game.
A rule may not contradict a previous rule. The previous rule must be revoked first. Any proposal that contradicts a previous rule automatically fails.
A Rule may be Amended by majority vote by stating '
Amendment to Rule ##
', and highlighting amendments within the text in bold colour.
Each participant has 10 hp. If you sandwich their post (post before and post after) you cause damage and that person loses 1 of those hp. If people reach 0 hp they are automatically removed from the game
Blackberry is hereby barred from making further proposals
If you sandwich a player you can choose to heal them or hurt them. If the next post contains hearts (In any form e.g. E> <3 ♥) it's a heal, otherwise it is a hurt
Neutral votes are ignored when seeing if a proposal has a majority support. This decreases the number of votes needed to pass or fail a proposal.
anyone with "Sud" in their name is removed from the game.
Anyone without any capitals in their name will be removed at the passing of this rule.
Each contestant recieves a hammar. Contestants may attack eachother with their hammar once every 48 hours. For each time a contestant is attacked with a hammer, that person loses 1.62 hp.
Anyone who has a user name beginning with the letter E is removed from the game...
The mod is a large ugly whale with 8 hp. If at any time we sandwich the mod, he loses 2 hp. Once the mod is down to 0 hp he is considered a failure.
The moderator's husband is a pink goldfish inside the whale and may revive her of 1 hp each time he posts a poem about how much he loves her in the thread.
The title of the thread will be changed every 48 hours or so to something random (examples: Criss-Cross Buns, Black Feathers, igmeoy, or J39pK#@d) and unrelated to Nomic in order to confuse contestants and make it harder to find this thread.
Drench is executed and thus removed from the game
Max becomes king, Blackberry as his highest advisor, Juls as the Whale who lives in the moat, the poet laureate, Moratorium must therefore write a poem about the events occurring in this game while we all live happily ever after.
The role of king is equivalent to victory
The role of highest advisor is equivalent to runner up
The role of Whale who lives in the Moat is the equivalent to third
The role of Poet Laureate is the equivalent to fourth.
This game will end with a rendition of Moratorium's summary poem, thus declaring everyone but those mentioned in Proposal 56 in joint last, after everyone in the planet that didn't even play.

Players

King Max
(8hp)
(See post(s): 204, 206, 238, 335, 354, 356)
Hammer Available: Now

The Losers

7. Atticus.Finch (lost 04/14/2009).
12. organgepenguin(lost 04/14/2009).
10. knox (lost 04/14/2009).
8. Xdaamno (lost 04/15/2009).
1. alvinz95 (lost 04/15/2009).
5. animorpherv1 (lost 04/17/2009).
2. Sudo_Nym (lost 04/17/2009).
3. chenhsi (lost 04/18/2009).
4. ortolan (lost 04/18/2009).
9. Empking (lost 04/18/2009).
13. Drench (lost 04/19/2009).
6. Advisor Blackberry (finished second on 04/21/2009).

Brought to you by:
Mod: Juls

Back-up Mod: Moratorium

Last edited by Juls on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:01 am, edited 113 times in total.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Juls »

The game has officially started but until you guys set a rule for a maximum number of players I will continue to take signups.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Juls »

So you are saying if there is a rule proposed, they must vote yay or nay immediately? Is that correct? And what is the penalty for not doing so?

For future rules, if there is no penalty listed, I will assume that you want an infraction to result in a warning from the moderator, but it is up to you to decide what happens with the warnings.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Juls »

Some of you have expressed interest in changing the golden rules in the future of the game. I am willing to modify the following in the Golden Rules by a 2/3 vote.

GR2. This will be a pretty relaxed rule, but if you want to change the method completely I am open to it.

GR3. This is here to protect people from being railroaded. Be very careful about making changes to this one.

GR4. May be modified to extend or eliminate the duration. (This rule was added just to avoid clutter in the first post)

GR5. Same as GR2.

GR6. I will allow modification of the limit of rules that can be in play. But please be respectful of me (the mod) in what I have to do to moderate the game.

GR8. Probably the most controversial. I would like there to be a champion. But I am willing to eliminate or modify this rule if necessary.

GR10. This is less of a rule but more of a note saying I am here to help if you have something that needs to be done in secret or things need to be counted/checked. That is what I am here for. It can be changed I suppose.

======
GR1 and GR7 are non-negotiable. I have other commitments so I want this game to not become a full-time job.
GR9 is also non-negotiable but will likely not be used unless you are being really offensive.
Last edited by Juls on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Juls »

Proposal P1 has been defeated.

P1.
If there are rules proposed, everyone MUST either accept or deny a proposal immediately. (Expires 04/18 9:45 p.m. CDT) (Yays (2): animorpherv1, alvinz95; Nays(6) chenhsi, Blackberry, ortolan, Xdaamno, Empking, Sudo_Nym)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P2 has passed and is the first rule of the game.

P2.
There is a limit of 13 players. Afterwhich, no new players may be added or replaced into the game. (Expires 04/19 12:23 a.m. CDT) (Yays(6): Blackberry, ortolan, Xdaamno, alvinz95, Sudo_Nym, knox; Nays(2) Empking, chenhsi)

Rule P4 has pased and is the second rule of thegame.

P4.
Being removed from the game is equivalent to an automatic loss. (Expires 04/19 12:31 a.m. CDT) (Yays(6) ortolan, Blackberry, Xdaamno, Sudo_Nym, chenhsi, Knox; Nays(1) alvinz95)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P3 is now a rule of the game.

P3.
Players must post at least once every 48 hours or be removed from the game. (Expires 04/19 12:31 a.m. CDT) (Yays(6) ortolan, Blackberry, alvinz95, Sudo_Nym, Knox, animorpherv1; Nays(3) Xdaamno, Empking, chenhsi )
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Juls »

Rule P5 has been defeated.

P5.
Blackberry must post entirely in rhymes. (Expires 04/19 01:36 a.m. CDT) (Yays(4) Atticus Finch, chenhsi, animorpherv1, orangepenguin; Nays (7) Xdaamno, Empking, alvinz95, Sudo_Nym, knox, Max, ortolan)

Rule P10 has been defeated.
P10.
Players can be eliminated from the game by votes. Every 2 weeks theres an evaluation of whom should be eliminated and majority rules (like alynch) (Expires 04/19 1:25p.m. CDT)(Yays(1) alvinz95; Nays(7) chenhsi, Sudo_Nym, animorpherv1, knox, Empking, orangepenguin, ortolan)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Juls »

Rule P8 was defeated.

P8.
Only one proposal can be made at one time to avoid confusion. A new proposal can be made once the previous one is closed. (Expires 04/19 10:53 a.m. CDT) (Yays(1) alvinz95; Nays(7) Empking, chenhsi, animorpherv1, Max, orangepenguin, ortolan, Drench)

Rule P9 is now a rule of the game.
P9.
A rule may not contradict a previous rule. The previous rule must be revoked first. Any proposal that contradicts a previous rule automatically fails. (Expires 04/19 1:10p.m. CDT)(Yays(7) chenhsi, Sudo_Nym, knox, Empking, orangepenguin, ortolan, Drench; Nays(1) Max)

Rule P11 passed as a rule of the game.
P11.
If a rule contradicts a previous rule and is voted in the other rule is automatically nullified.(Expires 04/19 3:38p.m. CDT)(Yays(7) Max, animorpherv1, orangepenguin, chenhsi, knox, Sudo_Nym, Drench; Nays(2)Empking, ortolan)

However, because Rule P9 passed first, rule P11 now contradicts this rule. Therefore, P11 will not be added (because it automatically fails based on Rule #4).
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by Juls »

Just an FYI, weekdays are a little busier for me than weekends. It may be late tomorrow night before an update comes again unless I find a few minutes between class (semester ends in a couple weeks though).
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P7 has been defeated.
P7.
All players must post every sixty hours or be removed from the gasme unless their absense is noted before hand and the player does not post on MS during that time. (Expires 04/19 7:06 a.m. CDT) (Yays(4) Empking, alvinz95, chenhsi, Max; Nays(7) Sudo_Nym, Knox, animorpherv1, orangepenguin, ortolan, Drench, Blackberry)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P15 has been defeated.

P15.
Everyone gets a role (given by the mod). After a rule is accepted or denied, everyone has 24 hours to send in their action, or lose it. Missing an action 3 times in a row results in a prod. Missing an action after that results in replacement. This rule comes into effect after we get one more person, or a rule comes into effect altering it (Expires 04/19 06:26p.m. CDT) (Yays(1) animorpherv1; Nays(7) ortolan, chenhsi, Sudo_Nym, Drench, Blackberry, Empking, Max)

Rule P18 has been defeated.

P18.
Everyone has to say a code word in every 10th post they make (every post they make divisible by 10), the word will be given by the mod. Failure to do so will give you a warning and everyone has three. (Expires 04/19 8:03p.m. CDT) (Yays(1) knox; Nays(7) chenhsi, Sudo_Nym, ortolan, Drench, Blackberry, Empking, Max)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P19 has been defeated.

P19.
Any rule that doesn't recieve a total of at least 7 votes automatically fails, regardless of vote count (Expires 04/19 8:58p.m.) (Yay(1) Sudo_Nym; Nays(7) ortolan, Drench, chenhsi, Blackberry, Empking, Max, alvinz95)
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 3, Atticus.Finch has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

2. Being removed from the game is equivalent to an automatic loss.
3. Players must post at least once every 48 hours or be removed from the game.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Juls »

Rules P23, P17, P20, P24 and P25 hav been defeated.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P23
[col]
Anyone that has proposed more than 10 failed proposals is automatically eliminated from the game for obvious ineptness to create proposals.
[col]
(1) Blackberry
[col]
(7) Drench, prtolan, Empking, Max, chenhsi, alvinz95, Sudo_Nym
[col]
04/20 12:24a.m. CDT
P17
[col]
Any proposition contradicting the golden rules implicitly or explicitly is automatically null and unable to be voted on.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(7) Sudo_Nym, ortolan, Blackberry, Empking, Max, alvinz95, Drench
[col]
04/19 8:01p.m. CDT
P20
[col]
Any Rule that affects any single player or group of players whose sum equates to less than 13 must be unanimously passed to take effect. Those to be affected by the Rule will not have their votes counted.
[col]
(2) ortolan, animorpherv1
[col]
(7) chenshi, Blackberry, Empking, Max, alvinz95, Sudo_Nym
[col]
04/19 10:04p.m. CDT
P24
[col]
Any individual who proposes more than 10 proposals that fail will have their proposal privileges removed. A Meta-Rule will be created at this instance for the purpose of tracking when the player should regain privileges.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(7) Empking, Max, chenhsi, alvinz95, Blackberry, Sudo_Nym, Drench
[col]
04/20 12:32a.m. CDT
P25
[col]
A new Rule category, the Meta-Rule is created. A Meta-Rule is more accurately a Proposal that never expires and deals with situations referring to players. Players may say Yay or Nay for the Meta-Rule at any time, however the Meta-Rule will only be removed once a majority of Yays are accumulated. Players may change their stance on a Meta-Rule at any time. Rules may create Meta-Rules at any time. A sample Meta-Rule is this:
MR1: [PLAYERNAME] Posting Privileges (Yay: 4 - Blah, Tweed, Yap, Dizzy) (Nay: 3 - Me, You, Them)
[col]
(0)
[col]
(7) Empking, Max, chenhsi, alvinz95, Blackberry, Sudo_Nym, Drench
[col]
04/20 12:32 a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Juls »

Per rule 3, orangepenguin and knox have been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, have lost the game.

Reference:

Edited: Missed orangepenguin on first check.
Last edited by Juls on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by Juls »

Because only 6 votes are needed to pass/defeat proposals, P29 has been defeated
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P29
[col]
Any proposal containing an "E" automatically fails, barring this one.
[col]
(1) Sudo_Nym
[col]
(6) Empking, Drench, chenhsi, animorpherv1, Max, Blackberry
[col]
04/21 2:34a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P30 has been defeated.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P30
[col]
Any Rule that affects any single player or group of players whose sum equates to less than 13 must be unanimously passed to take effect.
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
(6) Empking, chenhsi, animorpherv1, Max, Blackberry, Sudo_Nym
[col]
04/21 6:26a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:19 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 3, Xdaamno has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 am

Post by Juls »

Rules P13, P16, P21, P27 and P28 have been defeated.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P13
[col]
Before they make any new propositions, a player must vote on all previous propositions, to ensure that the older ones are passed/denied faster.
[col]
(4) animorpherv1, chenhsi, Max, Drench
[col]
(5) ortolan, Sudo_Nym, Blackberry, Empking, alvinz95
[col]
04/19 5:53p.m. CDT
P16
[col]
The player who proposes a rule gives an automatic "yes vote" to the rule
[col]
(4) animorpherv1, ortolan, Blackberry, chenhsi
[col]
(5) Sudo_Nym, Empking, alvinz95, Drench, Max
[col]
04/19 6:27p.m. CDT
P21
[col]
Upon the 7th Rule being passed (that is, the 7th overall Rule to take effect, rather than Proposal #7), a vote will occur to eliminate 2 players from the game. This vote will be sent to the Moderator. The trigger for the First Vote may be changed at any time via an Amendment. Steps for further Votes may also be changed, with default Steps being Rules #12, #16, #20, and #25. The Final Vote will consist of 2 Votes, first, a vote to determine 1 player to be eliminated, and then a Second Vote from the Eliminated Players, who will decide the winner.
[col]
(4) ortolan, animorpherv1, Sudo_Nym, Drench
[col]
(5) chenshi, Blackberry, Empking, Max, alvinz95
[col]
P27
[col]
For every time anyone nays everything, he/she goes 1 step closer into being "ejected" 3 times, and your out. (naying everything is "Nay everything" without giving a reason).
[col]
(1) animorpherv1
[col]
(5) Blackberry, Sudo_Nym, Empking, Drench, Max
[col]
04/20 3:31p.m. CDT
P28
[col]
Anyone who votes NO or does not vote YES on this proposition will be eliminated from the game.
[col]
(2) Blackberry, Sudo_Nym
[col]
(5) Empking, Drench, chenhsi, animorpherv1, Max
[col]
04/21 1:21a.m. CDT

Rule P22 has passed and thus, has become a rule of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P22
[col]
A Rule may be Amended my majority vote by stating '
Amendment to Rule ##
', and highlighting amendments within the text in bold colour.
[col]
(5) chenshi, ortolan, animorpherv1, Sudo_Nym, Drench
[col]
(4) Blackberry, Empking, Max, alvinz95
[col]
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P33 has passed and thus is added as a rule of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P33
[col]
Each participant has 10 hp. If you sandwich their post (post before and post after) you cause damage and that person loses 1 of those hp.
[col]
(5) Blackberry, chenhsi, Max, ortolan, Drench
[col]
(1)Sudo_Nym
[col]
04/21 10:30p.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Juls »

@Blackberry: I didn't rewrite your proposal, look at your post. The only thing I changed was the number. I don't see how I could have accidently deleted a whole sentence. Since it has passed, feel free to use the new Ammendment process.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 3, alvinz95 has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Juls »

Rules P32 has been defeated.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P32
[col]
A player can create a rule to eliminate one or more players but if the rule failures then the nominator is eliminated.
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
(5) Max, chenhsi, Blackberry, Sudo_Nym, Empking
[col]
04/21 10:52a.m. CDT
Last edited by Juls on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Juls »

@Blackberry: Check that amendment to make sure I did what you want. I thought you wanted to ammend rule 6? The rules do not allow you to ammend proposals, only rules.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Juls »

Blackberry, please address my post to you at the top of the page.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Juls »

OK...I will then remove A6. Proposals cannot be ammended, only rules.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Juls »

Rule 31 has been defeated (it should have been defeated earlier but I missed it).

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P31
[col]
A proposal that does not affect every living (or still-in if you'd prefer) player in the same way must be unanimously passed to take effect.
[col]
(2) animorpherv1, Drench
[col]
(5) chenhsi, Max, Blackberry, Sudo_Nym, Empking, Drench
[col]
04/21 6:52a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 3, animorpherv1 has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Juls »

The following rules have been defeated:

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P12
[col]
Players may vote Neutral on rules they are indifferent on.
[col]
(2) chenhsi, Blackberry
[col]
(4) Sudo_Nym, Max, Drench, Empking
[col]
04/19 5:53p.m. CDT
P26
[col]
Propose revokation of rule #4.
[col]
(2) Max, Sudo_Nym
[col]
(4) Empking, Blackberry, Drench, chenhsi
[col]
04/20 9:21a.m. CDT
P34
[col]
People lose if they're reduced to -10 hp.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(4) Empking, chenhsi, Max, Drench
[col]
04/22 1:30p.m. CDT
P35
[col]
Anybody who has 8 hp, or less is sent to jail. People in jail may not post nor does their body count when detremining voting majority. If people in jail post in the thread then that person is given the death sentence and losses the game.
[col]
(1) Blackberry
[col]
(4) Empking, chenhsi, Max, Drench
[col]
04/22 2:04p.m. CDT
P37
[col]
When a proposal fails, the proposer loses 2 hp.
[col]
(2) Sudo_Nym, chenhsi
[col]
(4) Blackberry, Empking, Max, Drench
[col]

The following rules have passed:

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P42
[col]
Blackberry is hereby barred from making further proposals
[col]
(4) Sudo_Nym, Empking, chenhsi, Drench
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col]
04/22 2:36p.m. CDT
P44
[col]
If you sandwich a player you can choose to heal them or hurt them. If the next post contains hearts (In any form e.g. E> <3 ♥) it's a heal, otherwise it is a hurt
[col]
(4) Max, Blackberry, Empking, Drench
[col]
(1) chenhsi
[col]
04/22 4:41p.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Juls »

Two clarifications: You cannot sandwich yourself and mod sandwichs do not count because I am not a participant. That is you cannot sandwich the mod and the mod cannot sandwich you. However, the mod posts can be used as a shield of sorts to stop yourself from being sandwiched.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Juls »

The following rules have passed and are now rules of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P14
[col]
Neutral votes are ignored when seeing if a proposal has a majority support. This decreases the number of votes needed to pass or fail a proposal.
[col]
(4) chenhsi, Blackberry, Max, Drench
[col]
(2) Sudo_Nym, Empking
[col]
04/19 6:21p.m. CDT
P45
[col]
anyone with "Sud" in their name is removed from the game.
[col]
(3) ortolan, Max, Blackberry, Drench
[col]
(2) chenhsi, Empking
[col]
04/24 5:23a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Juls »

Per rule 10, Sudo_Nym has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

10. anyone with "Sud" in their name is removed from the game.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Juls »

Please don't edit posts. I had already added proposal 48 and drench added 49 to his same post. I can't be expected to keep up with edits.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P36 has been defeated.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P36
[col]
If a player reaches 0 health they are removed from the game
[col]
(1) chenhsi
[col]
(4) Max, Blackberry, Drench, Empking
[col]
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P49 has passed and is now a rule of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P49
[col]
Anyone without any capitals in their name will be removed at the passing of this proposal.
[col]
(4) Drench, Blackberry, Max, Empking
[col]
(3) chenhsi, ortolan
[col]
04/24 6:57p.m. CDT
Last edited by Juls on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 11, ortolan and chenhsi hav been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, have lost the game.

Reference:

11. Anyone without any capitals in their name will be removed at the passing of this rule.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Juls »

Rules P43 and P50 have been defeated.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P43
[col]
Sandwiching a series of posts (more than 1) by the same person causes that person to lose hp equal to the number of posts that were sandwiched.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(3) Max, Empking, Drench
[col]
04/22 4:41p.m. CDT
P50
[col]
Juls pairs off all 6 of us into 3 pairs to play Advanced Rock Paper Scissors/whatever it's called, as per here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11215 Those losing their game are eliminated.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(3) Drench, Empking, Max
[col]
04/25 2:49a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am

Post by Juls »

Rule P38 has passed and thus, is now a rule of the game.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P38
[col]
Each contestant recieves a hammar. Contestants may attack eachother with their hammar once every 48 hours. For each time a contestant is attacked with a hammer, that person loses 1.62 hp.
[col]
(3) Blackberry, Max, Empking
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
04/22 2:19p.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Juls »

As of this post, each of you have a hammer that you can use once every 48 hours by posting

Hammer: PlayerName

This will cause that player to lose 1.62 hp.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Juls »

Max is correct, Proposal 53 conflicts with rules 10 and 11. Therefore, P53 automatically fails.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P53
[col]
Rules cannot be made that automatically eliminate another player.
[col]
(1) Empking
[col]
(0)
[col]
04/25 10:34a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Juls »

Rule 51 has been defeated.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P51
[col]
Max loses
[col]
(2) Drench
[col]
(3) Max, Empking, Blackberry
[col]
04/25 5:58a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Juls »

Rule P52 has passed and is now a rule of the game.

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P52
[col]
Anyone who has a user name beginning with the letter E is removed from the game...
[col]
(3) Max, Blackberry, Drench
[col]
(1) Empking
[col]
04/25 10:23a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Juls »

Per rule 13, Empking has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

13. Anyone who has a user name beginning with the letter E is removed from the game...
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Juls »

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P39
[col]
The mod is a large ugly whale with 8 hp. If at any time we sandwich the mod, he loses 2 hp. Once the mod is down to 0 hp he is considered a failure.
[col]
(2) Blackberry, Max
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
04/22 2:19p.m. CDT
P40
[col]
The moderator's husband is a pink goldfish inside the whale and may revive her of 1 hp each time he posts a poem about how much he loves her in the thread.
[col]
(2) Blackberry, Max
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
04/22 2:25p.m. CDT
P41
[col]
The title of the thread will be changed every 48 hours or so to something random (examples: Criss-Cross Buns, Black Feathers, igmeoy, or J39pK#@d) and unrelated to Nomic in order to confuse contestants and make it harder to find this thread.
[col]
(2) Blackberry, Max
[col]
(1) Drench
[col]
04/22 2:32p.m. CDT
A6
[col]
Ammendment to Rule 6: Each participant has 10 hp. If you sandwich their post (post before and post after) you cause damage and that person loses 1 of those hp.
If people reach 0 hp they are automatically removed from the game
[col]
(2) Max, Drench
[col]
(0)
[col]
04/24 11:53a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Juls »

Rule P47 has been defeated.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Neutral
[col]
Expires
P47
[col]
The mod's posts do not matter when it comes to sandwiching posts.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col] [col]
04/24 11:15a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Juls »

Rule P48 has been defeated.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P48
[col]
A vote will immediately be held at the passing of this Proposal to eliminate a player.
[col]
(0)
[col]
(1) Max, Drench
[col]
04/24 6:57p.m. CDT
Last edited by Juls on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Juls »

Rule 53 has passed and is now a rule of the game.
[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P53
[col]
Drench is executed and thus removed from the game
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col]
(0)
[col]
04/26 5:54a.m. CDT
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Juls »

Per rule 17, Drench has been removed from the game and thus, per rule 2, has lost the game.

Reference:

17.Drench is executed and thus removed from the game .
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Juls »

Moratorium loses 5hp for plagerism
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:49 am

Post by Juls »

[mrow]
P#
[col]
Rule
[col]
Yays
[col]
Nays
[col]
Expires
P55
[col]
Max becomes king, Blackberry as his highest advisor, Juls as the Whale who lives in the moat, the poet laureate, Moratorium must therefore write a poem about the events occurring in this game while we all live happily ever after.
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col]
(0)
[col]
04/27 10:19a.m. CDT
P56
[col]
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col]
(0)
[col]
P57
[col]
This game will end with a rendition of Moratorium's summary poem, thus declaring everyone but those mentioned in Proposal 56 in joint last, after everyone in the planet that didn't even play.
[col]
(2) Max, Blackberry
[col]
(0)
[col]
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (isolation #51) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 am

Post by Juls »

All hail King Max. Per rule 18 and 19, Blackberry has been eliminated from the game. The game will officially end when Moratorium submits a poem.

Reference

Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (isolation #52) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Juls »

um....Game Over?