War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

You're only 3 years younger than me (if the birthday in your profile is right). :roll:
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DGB's play really makes me laugh in good heart this game.

---

DGB:"I'm just gonna say that ABR is town so he won't attack me."

*I attack her*

DGB:"Fuck this brat, I'm going to post a case against him."

*I reply logically*

DGB:"Fuck that!!!! I'm going to just troll the SHIT outta him until he loses his fucking sanity!"
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Kinetic »

How can you lose something you never had?

:P
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I have to say, give me aggressive, leads-the-town ABR over bizarre fakeclaim ABR anyday. I hated that guy. :P
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

The Fonz wrote:Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya....
*hands the jack Daniels to Fonz, ABR, Kinetic, Firestarter and sings along*

Damn where is ROFL to enjoy this?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Dunno. Let's see if we can get him here.

Someone's crying Lord, kumbaya...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

The Fonz wrote:I have to say, give me aggressive, leads-the-town ABR over bizarre fakeclaim ABR anyday. I hated that guy. :P
In a normal game, I'd agree, because there is only so much havoc he can cause when he's wrong.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by roflcopter »

*hiccup*

oh lord... kumbaya...
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

roflcopter wrote:*hiccup*

oh lord... kumbaya...
lol *cheers!*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:DGB's play really makes me laugh in good heart this game.[...]
I never use profanity.

Please don't attribute this sort of foul language to me, ever. I don't appreciate being misquoted with vulgarity.

The language that you have used between quotes attributed to me crosses a line that is absolutely unacceptable to me. It crosses the line that separates humorous ribbing from mean-spirited debasement.

You seem to have a need to paint yourself as a beacon of awesome, and everyone else as bumbling fools that are just too tiny-brained to grasp your immense greatness. It must fulfill an important void for you. I hope it makes you feel better, and a lot better, because others are paying the price for your well-being having to withstand derision and humiliation from you.

DON'T EVER, EVER QUOTE ME AS USING PROFANITY AGAIN.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Mr. Flay wrote:
populartajo wrote:Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
It's theoretically possible - Fallen Angels and Satan could have more or less nuked each other, then the last Loyal Angels realize what's going on and kill q21/the last Fallen for the win. It's messy and mostly-undeserved, but until q21 raged on a townie (Firestarter I think) it was
possible

Has Xyl come back to the thread yet? I have a theory on how to automate this (minus Metatron's role, of course). Actually, after Cruise Ship I think the next variant of this I'll run will be an Infiltration of Hell by the loyals, perhaps to rescue the Metatron. :twisted:
I'm on vacation, nyah.

I think there were two problems with the town's play in this game, which were really one problem:
* Too much spreading of hurts, which let the scum chain together ragekills
* Not enough forcing people to take positions, which let the scum hide easily.

I think the super-aggressive people (ABR, roflcopter) were a large part of the problem. I realize that I looked super-aggressive myself, but I actually used almost all of my hurts where there was a strong consensus.

I wasn't completely ignoring DGB; I know that I can't read her, so I was looking to other players for clues to what they thought. Unfortunately nobody else seemed to be paying attention to her, either. After I was on the first few mislynches, I deliberately backed off to try to look more at interactions and hunt for scum; it might have helped, except roflcopter thought my lack of attacking was suspicious and went off solo on me, which distracted me too much to be able to get any useful scumhunting done.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
populartajo wrote:Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
It's theoretically possible - Fallen Angels and Satan could have more or less nuked each other, then the last Loyal Angels realize what's going on and kill q21/the last Fallen for the win. It's messy and mostly-undeserved, but until q21 raged on a townie (Firestarter I think) it was
possible

Has Xyl come back to the thread yet? I have a theory on how to automate this (minus Metatron's role, of course). Actually, after Cruise Ship I think the next variant of this I'll run will be an Infiltration of Hell by the loyals, perhaps to rescue the Metatron. :twisted:
I'm on vacation, nyah.

I think there were two problems with the town's play in this game, which were really one problem:

I think the super-aggressive people
(ABR, roflcopter) were a large part of the problem. I realize that I looked super-aggressive myself, but I actually used almost all of my hurts where there was a strong consensus.

I wasn't completely ignoring DGB; I know that I can't read her, so I was looking to other players for clues to what they thought. Unfortunately nobody else seemed to be paying attention to her, either. After I was on the first few mislynches, I deliberately backed off to try to look more at interactions and hunt for scum; it might have helped, except roflcopter thought my lack of attacking was suspicious and went off solo on me, which distracted me too much to be able to get any useful scumhunting done.
Agreed YOU, probably some other players, me were a huge part of the problem in this game. We should have won, except super agressive peole such as yourself sealed our fate at the start of the game. ;)
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
possible

I'm on vacation, nyah.

I think the super-aggressive people
(ABR, roflcopter) were a large part of the problem. I realize that I looked super-aggressive myself, but I actually used almost all of my hurts where there was a strong consensus.

Agreed YOU, probably some other players, me were a huge part of the problem in this game. We should have won, except super agressive peole such as yourself sealed our fate at the start of the game. ;)
...and hands Jack Daniels so you can join us in a song in Kumbaya, lol.

good game Xyl. ;)
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by vIQleS »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I panicked the most when players were considering healing another. It was wasting our hurts, our rage points, it could have blacked us out in the QT (each death was only 48 hours of daytalk), and we could have gotten caught trying to kill a player, resulting in a confirmed townie... heals were disasters for us.

Except for the heals on me! Those were good.
We didn't know about the daytalk limit either of course. There was nothing like that in the last one. Or the fact that you got RP for town death.

We definately could have won this if we'd slowed it down. And no one was going to suggest it, and they would have been immediately lynched as scum if they had. (And rightly so I think - we were operating on the assumption that every week that went by meant a scum kill...)
WaltWishbone wrote: ....so should we "fakevote" for who should do it?

VOTE: Kenetic/ABR (to do it together)
I hope you're joking - that sounds like asking hilter and winston churchill to collaberate on a book about WWII...

(No comment about which is which... :-P)
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Kinetic »

vIQleS wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I panicked the most when players were considering healing another. It was wasting our hurts, our rage points, it could have blacked us out in the QT (each death was only 48 hours of daytalk), and we could have gotten caught trying to kill a player, resulting in a confirmed townie... heals were disasters for us.

Except for the heals on me! Those were good.
We didn't know about the daytalk limit either of course. There was nothing like that in the last one. Or the fact that you got RP for town death.

We definately could have won this if we'd slowed it down. And no one was going to suggest it, and they would have been immediately lynched as scum if they had. (And rightly so I think - we were operating on the assumption that every week that went by meant a scum kill...)
WaltWishbone wrote: ....so should we "fakevote" for who should do it?

VOTE: Kenetic/ABR (to do it together)
I hope you're joking - that sounds like asking hilter and winston churchill to collaberate on a book about WWII...

(No comment about which is which... :-P)
Ooo Oo, I call Churchhill.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Giuseppe »

Oh wow! We won! I went on vacation right around the time we thought Michael was actually a pro-town power role, and thus, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I guess it ended well in the end.

Good game, gentlemen. : D
Just type Giu.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

You guys are cracking me up.

Also, don't pick on zwet. He was NOT that bad in this game, compared to some of you other jokers. :P I think the speed actually agreed with him...(if he's ADHD like I suspect, that may be why he's trying to be in everything, but that's off-topic).
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

P.S. What did you all think of the flavor text? One player yelled at me at one point for 'confirming' DGB as not being the player doing the Rage, but I figured enough players know I'm too professional to do something like that...
Retired as of October 2014.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Mr. Flay wrote:P.S. What did you all think of the flavor text? One player yelled at me at one point for 'confirming' DGB as not being the player doing the Rage, but I figured enough players know I'm too professional to do something like that...
That would have been me, lol...

*raises hand*

but I didnt yell, I was just wondering if by putting DGB's name in the commentary (casue you did it with no one else) you were tipping your hand....but I took it in the wrong direction. I thought the fact that you wrote DGB was rushing to the player (sorry cant remember who) to save him, made DGB confirmed town..... yet she was scum, lol

It was just a thought that crossed my head... I enjoyed the flavoured text, I havent mentioned it since cause in my opinion it worked.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

ebwop

In hindsight it worked well as it was a null tell!

*hands Mr. Flay the Jack Daniels*
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Flavour text was excellent I thought.
Brought a real sense of atmosphere to the game.
('') (':') ('')
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

WaltWishbone wrote:*hands Mr. Flay the Jack Daniels*
Ewww, thanks but no thanks.

Ardbeg single-malt, anyone?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Seraphim »

Mr. Flay wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:*hands Mr. Flay the Jack Daniels*
Ewww, thanks but no thanks.

Ardbeg single-malt, anyone?
Sorry, I only have pot. Not very refreshing, unfortunately. :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:06 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Mr. Flay wrote:P.S. What did you all think of the flavor text? One player yelled at me at one point for 'confirming' DGB as not being the player doing the Rage, but I figured enough players know I'm too professional to do something like that...
I missed that one!

I liked the flavor text, short and sweet and to the point.

Zwet was remarkably lucid. He doesn't deserve being singled out, I agree.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I missed that one!

I liked the flavor text, short and sweet and to the point.

Zwet was remarkably lucid. He doesn't deserve being singled out, I agree.
*hugs DGB*

Also, I don't have ADHD. :D
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”