War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:@ Kinetic

I'm really glad that you died early and no one listened to you.
I think Kinetic would have gunned for you, do you disagree?

A Kinetic regime would have destroyed me, roflcopter and Fonz mid-game...and the end result would have been the same.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Firestarter »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:

A Kinetic regime would have destroyed me, roflcopter and Fonz mid-game...and the end result would have been the same.
If roflcopter was first to go, followed by Fonz, the game could have ended very differently.
('') (':') ('')
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 am

Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The difference between you and me is our intentions.
Kinetic wrote:Town: You played HORRIBLY. And not the good horrible, like Dr. Horrible. I mean like you wanted to lose horrible.
You want town to lose. I want town to win.

You feel that a great injustice was inflicted on you and you will try to make the town lose.

I will go down fighting SCUM.

That's the difference, Kinetic. And that's what makes me a better team player than you.
Bad Team Player?

You helped kill me not because you thought I was scum, but because we had a disagreement over HOW to play the game. You wanted to kill me so that you could run the game the way you wanted.

That is the reason I'm a better player than you.

The ENTIRE time you were attacking me I wasn't sure if you were scum or not and I was asking for HEALS because I didn't want to hurt what I thought were townies.

If we had followed the way I wanted to play instead of being FORCED to play by your, fonz, and rofl's rules, we would have won.
QFT except the part where you say that you're a better player than me, because a better player than me would have to at least want his team to win.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:A Kinetic regime would have destroyed me, roflcopter and Fonz mid-game...and the end result would have been the same.
How does that follow?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:

A regime where you guys weren't random hurting according to your whim and playing extremely aggressive wouldn't have required you to die unless you were scum.

The fact was that your play meant that ANYONE who opposed you was killed. In a regime where dissent was allowed without the threat of immediate death means we can use more SKILL to find scum instead of Gut.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:Rofl is on a tangent of destruction, and as pointed out already, the aim is not the best.
A mid-game post by me...

We really should have acted on the most anti-town behaviour early on.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

ABR: Stop throwing stones. Your pro-town credentials in this game are FAR from impeccable. You're delusional with your own self-importance, here. Only a handful of players really grasped what was going on.

Fonz: Speaking of which, how could anybody non-Fallen have known they couldn't kill someone from HP+1? That's Informed Minority knowledge, right there (I thought Xyl was gonna get lynched for 'knowing' how much Rage was used on Tenchi). But yes, the Rage Cap was not exactly secret knowledge, just one of those things that got glossed over in the race to kill. Irregardless of kill-based Rage, a Rage Cap means it's better to go from Full HP to 0 when you lynch somebody. Full stop. Look at the cascade in midgame when Scum kept dinging people for 2-4 HP and then gaining 3 more RP.
Retired as of October 2014.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:The difference between you and me is our intentions.
Kinetic wrote:Town: You played HORRIBLY. And not the good horrible, like Dr. Horrible. I mean like you wanted to lose horrible.
You want town to lose. I want town to win.

You feel that a great injustice was inflicted on you and you will try to make the town lose.

I will go down fighting SCUM.

That's the difference, Kinetic. And that's what makes me a better team player than you.
Bad Team Player?

You helped kill me not because you thought I was scum, but because we had a disagreement over HOW to play the game. You wanted to kill me so that you could run the game the way you wanted.

That is the reason I'm a better player than you.

The ENTIRE time you were attacking me I wasn't sure if you were scum or not and I was asking for HEALS because I didn't want to hurt what I thought were townies.

If we had followed the way I wanted to play instead of being FORCED to play by your, fonz, and rofl's rules, we would have won.
QFT except the part where you say that you're a better player than me, because a better player than me would have to at least want his team to win.
ABR, I wanted my team to win. But I was disgusted by what my team was allowing to go on. Thus, while I still wanted to win, I didn't have any motivation to help them in that regard because they refused to stand up to the bullies of the thread.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:11 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Firestarter wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Yet you never brought up 'scum cannot kill someone from full +1 hp' EVER.
Plus, chances are, the way the game went, the person that would have brought this up would have been lynched on the spot.
True, thats the other thing that bugged me about this game, so many people werent reading. You had like four hp's taken from you before you finished even replacing in and reading the thread. People kept writing, hurt Drench, hurt Drench...and he was long gone, lol..
I thought Town were very poor when it came to picking up valid scum signs.
But the Fact that 2 of those hurts came from Fonz & Seraphim tells alot really.

Drench had hardly said a word in the actual thread, let alone anything scummy. Yet town went after him AFTER he wanted to be replaced.

Baffling.
yeah same thing with Juls, she should have never been lynched.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 am

Perhaps, Kinetic, perhaps...

But then again, you weren't on the Shinnen lynch and you didn't cripple the scum in the beginning. This led to you having less credibility, and to your downfall. If I were to play War in Heaven III, then yes, your plan is ideal. Just don't think that you played a perfect game, that's all.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Perhaps, Kinetic, perhaps...

But then again, you weren't on the Shinnen lynch and you didn't cripple the scum in the beginning. This led to you having less credibility, and to your downfall. If I were to play War in Heaven III, then yes, your plan is ideal. Just don't think that you played a perfect game, that's all.
I WAS THE TURNING POINT OF THAT LYNCH!

OMFG...

WOW...

Your ego is incredible, you're even trying to to re-write history now.

I lobbied for everyone to stop PATTING themselves on the back right after the lynch and go back to finding scum. Because I didn't let my ego get in the way I was able to dissect a LOT more of the set up.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Kinetic »

After MY hurt on Shinnen he died before my cooldown was up. No one else can make that claim. You and Fonz did hurt before me, granted, but you also both had your cooldown lapse before I hurt. You hurt someone (Hoopla I think) after your hurt on Shinnen and before you returned to Shinnen's lynch.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Kinetic »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Yet you never brought up 'scum cannot kill someone from full +1 hp' EVER.
Plus, chances are, the way the game went, the person that would have brought this up would have been lynched on the spot.
True, thats the other thing that bugged me about this game, so many people werent reading. You had like four hp's taken from you before you finished even replacing in and reading the thread. People kept writing, hurt Drench, hurt Drench...and he was long gone, lol..
I thought Town were very poor when it came to picking up valid scum signs.
But the Fact that 2 of those hurts came from Fonz & Seraphim tells alot really.

Drench had hardly said a word in the actual thread, let alone anything scummy. Yet town went after him AFTER he wanted to be replaced.

Baffling.
yeah same thing with Juls, she should have never been lynched.
Nah, Julz was a pretty good lynch. It wasn't ideal, but she wasn't contributing and should have asked for replacement WAY before she was the target she was.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 am

Kinetic wrote:ABR, I wanted my team to win. But I was disgusted by what my team was allowing to go on. Thus, while I still wanted to win, I didn't have any motivation to help them in that regard because they refused to stand up to the bullies of the thread.
I understand this. But who do you mean by "the town"??? Which specific players did you want to make a difference?

Xyl was one of the main proponents of hurting without majority consensus along with copter, Fonz and me. 4 of the 5 most active town members were hurting as much as possible, Tajo being the only one left out.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:18 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Mr. Flay wrote:ABR: Stop throwing stones. Your pro-town credentials in this game are FAR from impeccable. You're delusional with your own self-importance, here. Only a handful of players really grasped what was going on.

Fonz: Speaking of which, how could anybody non-Fallen have known they couldn't kill someone from HP+1? That's Informed Minority knowledge, right there (I thought Xyl was gonna get lynched for 'knowing' how much Rage was used on Tenchi). But yes, the Rage Cap was not exactly secret knowledge, just one of those things that got glossed over in the race to kill. Irregardless of kill-based Rage, a Rage Cap means it's better to go from Full HP to 0 when you lynch somebody. Full stop. Look at the cascade in midgame when Scum kept dinging people for 2-4 HP and then gaining 3 more RP.
See, I saw this game as different people really fighting over leading the town in a certain direction... Xyl, ABR, and Tajo, probably even Roflcopter to a degree, and that is what seemed to be our dimise... You know I mentioned this before it seemed more like we were playing Survivor than trying to kill scum... if that makes any sense? There is no way town should not have won imo, especially after lynching Shinnen day one and there only being four scum, lol... gah!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 am

Kinetic wrote:

You were the 4th on that lynch, after Fonz, Copter, and me,
in that order
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Adel »

I just started this thread in MD since I think this was an especially notable game. If anyone would be willing to summarize the game, and explain what happened when and why, I think it would be a service to the greater mafia community.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:ABR, I wanted my team to win. But I was disgusted by what my team was allowing to go on. Thus, while I still wanted to win, I didn't have any motivation to help them in that regard because they refused to stand up to the bullies of the thread.
I understand this. But who do you mean by "the town"??? Which specific players did you want to make a difference?

Xyl was one of the main proponents of hurting without majority consensus along with copter, Fonz and me. 4 of the 5 most active town members were hurting as much as possible, Tajo being the only one left out.
actualy the biggest thing in addition to that xyl wrote that bothered me was "kill all lurkers"... I was convinced he was scum and really regret my parting words.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:I just started this thread in MD since I think this was an especially notable game. If anyone would be willing to summarize the game, and explain what happened when and why, I think it would be a service to the greater mafia community.
Great Idea Adel.

I would love to contribute my thoughts on this game.
It really was very different to any other Mafia games Ive played in/read.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

in that order
# Shinnen_no_Me - Hurt by: Albert B. Rampage, The Fonz, Kinetic (3) Healed by: Seraphim (1)

Fail again.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

WaltWishbone wrote:...it seemed more like we were playing Survivor than trying to kill scum...
That sums it up quite nicely, actually. For too many townies, it became an individual game of "Survivor." Well put.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Adel wrote:I just started this thread in MD since I think this was an especially notable game. If anyone would be willing to summarize the game, and explain what happened when and why, I think it would be a service to the greater mafia community.
....so should we "fakevote" for who should do it?

VOTE: Kenetic/ABR (to do it together)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

in that order
# Shinnen_no_Me - Hurt by: Albert B. Rampage, The Fonz, Kinetic (3) Healed by: Seraphim (1)

Fail again.
Please re-read. Fonz made the case. Roflcopter wrote "I SUPPORT FONZ". And then I landed the first hurt.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Firestarter »

WaltWishbone wrote:
....so should we "fakevote" for who should do it?

VOTE: Kenetic/ABR (to do it together)
Nah, we wont get a general concensus Im afraid!
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Kinetic wrote:

in that order

Fail again.
Please re-read. Fonz made the case. Roflcopter wrote "I SUPPORT FONZ". And then I landed the first hurt.
There was lot of "I support this, yadayada" early game. The lynch didn't become viable, and it didn't happen until I hurt Shinnen.

You had given up on the Shinnen lynch by the time I jumped on.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”