War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:43 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

The Fonz wrote:DGB- any chance of a Food Fight sequel?
/pre-in
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Kinetic: as soon as we pressured him he became horridly anti-town and started attacking copter, me, trying to bring the whole town down just because he feels there was some injustice against him.
Your method of playing was the ONLY reason the scum could win after the Shinnen lynch. It was because of the way you rofl and Fonz were playing that they even had a chance.

If you three were lynched and I wasn't, or hell, if you three were lynched and even if I was the town won this game.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Erm, WE WERE all lynched. Except rofl. And don't forget Xyl.

Of course, IF YOU'D MENTIONED THERE WAS A RAGE CAP we'd probably have won.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The difference between you and me is our intentions.
Kinetic wrote:Town: You played HORRIBLY. And not the good horrible, like Dr. Horrible. I mean like you wanted to lose horrible.
You want town to lose. I want town to win.

You feel that a great injustice was inflicted on you and you will try to make the town lose.

I will go down fighting SCUM.

That's the difference, Kinetic. And that's what makes me a better team player than you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:47 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I knew what DGB would do as scum: that she would call for no bussing no distancing and all that, and to focus all the scum on one player, but what fucked me up was that at every turn, there were players who were falling exactly into the scum's hands:

Kinetic: as soon as we pressured him he became horridly anti-town and started attacking copter, me, trying to bring the whole town down just because he feels there was some injustice against him.

Weyouns: I've never been so disappointed in a player in my entire stay on mafiascum.

Hoopla: Says that I have to die because I'm anti-town, not realizing that I was the scum's biggest threat.

Q21: SK. Not sure if he went after me because he thought I was a threat to him, or because he thought I was scum.

Zwet and Viqles: Sheep.

Nuwen and Giuseppe: Piece of cake for them to attack me now since they were among many other players.

My late game performance was disastrous, yes. Its interesting that even with a majority of players wanting me dead, the scum couldn't get rid of me because of players like roflcopter, Fonz, etc.

Xyl: I think he thought that DGB was town because DGB was supporting him with everything. Clever move by the scum there.

You know, people said that I support whoever supports me, so the easiest way for scum to win is just do whatever I say. This is simply not true, and the scum realized this after Shinnen supported me, and I hurt her. A truer statement would be that Xyl supports whoever supports him. He didn't suspect a thing.

Another wise move by the scum not to hurt me, and I curse Weyouns one more time for being the first one to hurt me. That must have been the happiest moment in the world for the scum/SK.

I wish Walt had claimed Seraph instead of saying "Nuwen and Copter will bring us to victory so it doesn't matter if the rest of us die!"

I don't think I played terribly, but I definitely did a bad job by my own standards. Xyl / Seraphim getting lynched shouldn't have happened. I goofed that one bad.

But then again, Xyl was so damn brainwashed by the scum he might as well have been scum himself. I should have trusted my initial instincts.

I'm happy for this game in retrospect. Thanks for the game Flay; I just achieved another milestone in my game.
Yeah, I was too tunneled on Xyl at that point... I kinda went back and forth on a 2-2 and 3-1 Seraph. ROFL was town IMO over Nuwen at that point if it was 2-2... lol, the sad thing is as much as I tunneled on XYL looking at Mr. Flays spread sheet it was Nuwen who took most my hit points.... I really screwed up there. :(
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

I'm sorry, wrong quote. This is the correct quote:
Kinetic wrote: My attackers were utter idiots, but your move was calm and calculated. I knew you were scum and I held my tongue because at that point in the game I wanted town to lose for letting the wild dogs run free and not taking them outside and killing them.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Kinetic »

The Fonz wrote:Erm, WE WERE all lynched. Except rofl. And don't forget Xyl.

Of course, IF YOU'D MENTIONED THERE WAS A RAGE CAP we'd probably have won.
populartajo wrote:Oh and here is the scum PM from the other game
Flay wrote:In addition to your usual powers, the force of your betrayal and anger give you strength. Every Sunday at noon (server time), you will receive 1 Rage Point that you may use in a secret attack by PMing me with a player's name. This damage will be reflected in the next damage tally, but not associated with your name. You may store them up, to a maximum of 3. If you are killed/cast out, you lose any remaining points.

You begin the game with 8 HP. You win if all loyal angels are killed, and at least one fallen angel survives. You may talk to your fellow (living) fallen angels outside of the game thread at any time, since this game is Nightless. If you are killed/cast out, stop talking.
4th post of the game.

Fonz. It was mentioned multiple times that a rage cap was HIGHLY likely.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yet you never brought up 'scum cannot kill someone from full +1 hp' EVER.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:Yet you never brought up 'scum cannot kill someone from full +1 hp' EVER.
In all honesty, I though that building every one up to +1 HP was a very very pro-town idea, regardless of a rage cap or not.
('') (':') ('')
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:Yet you never brought up 'scum cannot kill someone from full +1 hp' EVER.
Plus, chances are, the way the game went, the person that would have brought this up would have been lynched on the spot.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nope. Antitown, in absence of rage cap and kill-based rage.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:52 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

WaltWishbone wrote:
/pre-in
Yes, quite possibly after I return from SF, in May. Expect delicious Nutraloaf from the prison cafeteria. I hear it makes a great projectile.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:52 am

Oh and Firestarter, you played a great game. Much respect for you.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Firestarter »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oh and Firestarter, you played a great game. Much respect for you.
Thank you, but I think I could have played better, if I concentrated less on the game mechanic.. but thats the way of the crumbling cookie Im afraid.

If Flay resurrects the Loyals,
Im well PRE-Ined for i
t..
A Great setup, and Flay can only be commended for his work here.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:Nope. Antitown, in absence of rage cap and kill-based rage.
Why is strengthening towns positon anti-town?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

Firestarter wrote:
Plus, chances are, the way the game went, the person that would have brought this up would have been lynched on the spot.
That's correct; and the town would have pushed that lynch harder than the scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
That's correct; and the town would have pushed that lynch harder than the scum.
Exactly.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:57 am

Yo Flay! Make a Loyal majority vs. Fallen minority again! I want to be one of the good guys again :wink:
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Firestarter wrote:
True, thats the other thing that bugged me about this game, so many people werent reading. You had like four hp's taken from you before you finished even replacing in and reading the thread. People kept writing, hurt Drench, hurt Drench...and he was long gone, lol..
DrippingGoofball wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
/pre-in
Yes, quite possibly after I return from SF, in May. Expect delicious Nutraloaf from the prison cafeteria. I hear it makes a great projectile.
woot... lol, I had a nutraloft screencap from youtube tattoed on my left buttock until last week....they made me remove it because of copyright infringement. :(

le sigh. ;)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:01 am

I panicked the most when players were considering healing another. It was wasting our hurts, our rage points, it could have blacked us out in the QT (each death was only 48 hours of daytalk), and we could have gotten caught trying to kill a player, resulting in a confirmed townie... heals were disasters for us.

Except for the heals on me! Those were good.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Kinetic »

Because we didn't know that there were only 3 team scum left. What am I psychic now?

However, I did say that
Kinetic wrote:Ha. Its kind of funny, I just did some math:

Assuming the lowest HP total is 7, all players can have at least 8 HP.

Assuming everything that is said about rage mechanics is true in this game, that means at most scum can only hold up to 3 rage points.

Assuming Scum have 4 or 5 players, at BEST they can only kill one person out right and wound a second.

Assuming scum is 6 or 7 players, at BEST they can only kill 2 players outright...

Interesting...
I KNEW I posted this. Very early in the game too Fonz. After the Shinnen lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 am

@ Kinetic

I'm really glad that you died early and no one listened to you.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Kinetic »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:The difference between you and me is our intentions.
Kinetic wrote:Town: You played HORRIBLY. And not the good horrible, like Dr. Horrible. I mean like you wanted to lose horrible.
You want town to lose. I want town to win.

You feel that a great injustice was inflicted on you and you will try to make the town lose.

I will go down fighting SCUM.

That's the difference, Kinetic. And that's what makes me a better team player than you.
Bad Team Player?

You helped kill me not because you thought I was scum, but because we had a disagreement over HOW to play the game. You wanted to kill me so that you could run the game the way you wanted.

That is the reason I'm a better player than you.

The ENTIRE time you were attacking me I wasn't sure if you were scum or not and I was asking for HEALS because I didn't want to hurt what I thought were townies.

If we had followed the way I wanted to play instead of being FORCED to play by your, fonz, and rofl's rules, we would have won.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Firestarter »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
True, thats the other thing that bugged me about this game, so many people werent reading. You had like four hp's taken from you before you finished even replacing in and reading the thread. People kept writing, hurt Drench, hurt Drench...and he was long gone, lol..
I thought Town were very poor when it came to picking up valid scum signs.
But the Fact that 2 of those hurts came from Fonz & Seraphim tells alot really.

Drench had hardly said a word in the actual thread, let alone anything scummy. Yet town went after him AFTER he wanted to be replaced.

Baffling.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:@ Kinetic

I'm really glad that you died early and no one listened to you.
Yea, I know >>.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”