War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Tenchi »

/pre in

OH PLEASE NOT A METATORN K THNX. :p

Flay: How did you envision the Metatron role to have worked. I do understand it was not meant to confirm anyone, but what was it for then? I think I really failed to understand the entire dynamic of the whole setup until now.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Who thinks Flay deserves a Scummie Award?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by roflcopter »

this game accounts for more than 1/5 of my total game posts. that is sad. i spent at least 1/5 of my posting output on mafiascum failing miserably.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Tenchi »

roflcopter wrote:this game accounts for more than 1/5 of my total game posts. that is sad. i spent at least 1/5 of my posting output on mafiascum failing miserably.
<--- similarly sad
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

/prein
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:44 pm

About the game itself, I don't like the setup. I'd rather have more scum and less RP.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by q21 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Firestarter was an Arel, and thus had 11 HP, not 8. Also, I
think
you had only 4 RP at that point but my spreadsheeting started to get a little convoluted that late in the game.
Oh, right, missed that.

I had 2 (the sunday) + 3 (ABR, Fonz, Tajo) = 5

Not that it made even a little difference at that point really.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Just reading through the QT...
DGB wrote: DrippingGoofball 173
03-29-2009 03:28 PM ET (US)

Yes, your idea is a good one, don't mind my arguments, they're only 'window dressing.'

NOTE TO ALLL SCUMPALS:

Viqles: "As soon as my watch expires, I'll be hurting whoever has the most support... (least? you know what I mean...) "

As soon as he hurts someone, that's our cue to dump RPs, especially on zwet.
Nuwen wrote: NuwenPerson was signed in when posted 200
03-30-2009 04:30 PM ET (US)

I'm still waiting on Viq to hurt/heal, or for the 72 hour mark after he first mentioned that he was watching me.
The funny thing is - my plan was to try and do a fake hurt and then watch someone else. Can't remember who... Probably wouldn't have got that lucky twice in a row...
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by vIQleS »

My new goal in life is to play as scum with DGB and / or Nuwen.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

vIQleS wrote:The funny thing is - my plan was to try and do a fake hurt and then watch someone else. Can't remember who... Probably wouldn't have got that lucky twice in a row...
You were literally minutes away from catching Nuwen in that moment - Nuwen was the second player to use Rage Points and the target was already dead, so the RP never got used and Nuwen didn't get observed by you! Look at lines 100-121 in the summary tab of my spreadsheet... so your instincts were right.

q21: You're right about 5, and if it HAD made a difference I'd have gone back and checked, believe me.

The "error" on the last page when I thought Nuwen had gone too soon was really an awkward place for that. I accidentally wrote down roflcopter's doublehurt in Nuwen's category, then credited it to Nuwen in the summary tab, killed and posted about tajo, THEN realized Nuwen had posted too recently to be the killer. I eventually took a breath and sorted it out, but I nearly mod-confirmed one or the other of you as being Seraphim. :oops:

ABR: *shrug* Maximum, the scum in this game had about 40 RP, usable no more than 10 points at a time (and they self-limited to 6). That's only 3-4 kills out of a town of 15, if you guys hadn't insisted on bringing everyone down into threat range. If town hadn't ignored the ability to Heal, viQleS, Kinetic, and Tenchi probably would have lived much longer. And scum 'lost' about 6-8 RP because they were full at the time they accrued, because people kept swiftkilling!

But I will concede that trying to find a group of 3 in a pack of 19 is tough, once Shinnen self-destructed. The town just didn't scumhunt, though, almost everyone was drunk on the power of being a slow Vig.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tenchi wrote:OH PLEASE NOT A METATORN K THNX. :p

Flay: How did you envision the Metatron role to have worked. I do understand it was not meant to confirm anyone, but what was it for then? I think I really failed to understand the entire dynamic of the whole setup until now.
No, no more Metatrons as roles. :D It was an experiment, based on the Soothsayer role that very rarely gets used. Sometimes they get to confirm one statement by another player, sometimes they can ask the mod questions, sometimes other methods. I had one in my Reservoir Dogs mini ages and ages ago, that asked questions and then got answers through what was playing on the 'radio' during vote counts.

You actually got quite a bit of good information, just not the direct stuff you were hoping for (like I said, Nightless games can't have many Cops that can confirm
innocent
roles). You learned something about tajo, ABR, Kinetic, and DGB's roles, and you ALMOST got confirmation that Xyl was pro-town... but by then it was almost too late.

Metatron had some pro-town benefits, though they're weird and unreliable, but it's also the town's first clue that there are things in the setup they don't know. That should have hinted that you couldn't count on it being the same as the previous games *poke tajo*
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mr. Flay wrote:
But I will concede that trying to find a group of 3 in a pack of 19 is tough, once Shinnen self-destructed. The town just didn't scumhunt, though, almost everyone was drunk on the power of being a slow Vig.
I often think it's the second scumlynch that's really key to who wins. If it comes early, it's almost impossible for scum. The longer it takes, the more town players get paranoid and start seeing massive convoluted conspiracies, and the more ammo there is against town players (because they've lynched townies). Hence what happened here. Hoopla, WWB and Juls die and are town, then we go after the people who killed them and they were town too...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

If anything, I think this game was pretty heavily balanced in favor of the town. Scum basically had to play an almost perfect game to even have a chance.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:06 am

Yosarian2 wrote:If anything, I think this game was pretty heavily balanced in favor of the town. Scum basically had to play an almost perfect game to even have a chance.
Our power roles didn't know what they were doing.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:42 am

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:59 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:1). "I really respect ABR's opinion and I am gonna follow his lead if I agree with what he is doing"...

NOT

2). Literally, "I am going to hurt/heal as ABR does without question."

I think it would be a little to obvious for scum to claim their team like that.
You don't know how ABR operates behind the scenes like I do! ;-) And it was like (2), not like (1) - tough a case could be made for it. I viewed it as a "worse-than-lurker" lynch. You should never let a player like that live, as town, because that ABR could have been scum, and that's way too dangerous.
Yeah well... but it doesn't change the fact that Jules was indeed town, as was ABR and looking at the way the game turned out, it would have been nice if we had a few more townies alive towards the end, yes? I was on the heal/non-agressive side of town with Tajo, Kinetic, ect.. and my mantra was "who needs scum when Townies are just going to kill each other". I should have never argued with XYl and omgused him, I considered DGB and Nuwen town on my lynch and him scum... I thought he was leading you both around by the nose when in fact you two were leading him around. Nuwen beacame obv. scum at a certain point towards he end of the game, but you and YOS concealed yourselfs so well it was difficult to know who was on her team. You all played well, but I really don't look at this game as a master win by scum as much as it was a huge failure by town. A few people have pointed it out we should have healed more and worked together better. I thought the set-up was fair and we just could not capitalize on our first lynch. meh, it was fun. :)
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Oh! I found DGB's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxf2yd8 ... re=related
...and lmao.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:28 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

/pre-in
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, when I have time, I should actually read this whole game someday, lol.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

God damn. The first 50 pages of the QT are about the scum looking for an angle to kill me.

No wonder.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Yosarian2 wrote:Also, when I have time, I should actually read this whole game someday, lol.
lol, thats what confirmed Firestarter Town for me. I felt realy bad for him and glad he lasted until the end. It was obvoius he went back and re-read every single post (and we were like at 70 pages when he replaced)... I figured no way in the world scum would take that much time and care when they could get a quick recap in DT, like you Yos, lol... I really enjoyed reading this game after I got "thrown out of Heaven"... So for sure...

Pre-in
if there is a sequel as well

I would love another shot at a War in Heaven.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:03 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:God damn. The first 50 pages of the QT are about the scum looking for an angle to kill me.

No wonder.
dude, DGB totally had it in for ya... I guess she was scared you would be onto her?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:07 am

WaltWishbone wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:God damn. The first 50 pages of the QT are about the scum looking for an angle to kill me.

No wonder.
dude, DGB totally had it in for ya... I guess she was scared you would be onto her?
Yeah I suspected her from the beginning, before she even said anything about me.

I'm sad I didn't make my case on Nuwen.

This game was MUCH MUCH close than I imagined it.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am

I knew what DGB would do as scum: that she would call for no bussing no distancing and all that, and to focus all the scum on one player, but what fucked me up was that at every turn, there were players who were falling exactly into the scum's hands:

Kinetic: as soon as we pressured him he became horridly anti-town and started attacking copter, me, trying to bring the whole town down just because he feels there was some injustice against him.

Weyouns: I've never been so disappointed in a player in my entire stay on mafiascum.

Hoopla: Says that I have to die because I'm anti-town, not realizing that I was the scum's biggest threat.

Q21: SK. Not sure if he went after me because he thought I was a threat to him, or because he thought I was scum.

Zwet and Viqles: Sheep.

Nuwen and Giuseppe: Piece of cake for them to attack me now since they were among many other players.

My late game performance was disastrous, yes. Its interesting that even with a majority of players wanting me dead, the scum couldn't get rid of me because of players like roflcopter, Fonz, etc.

Xyl: I think he thought that DGB was town because DGB was supporting him with everything. Clever move by the scum there.

You know, people said that I support whoever supports me, so the easiest way for scum to win is just do whatever I say. This is simply not true, and the scum realized this after Shinnen supported me, and I hurt her. A truer statement would be that Xyl supports whoever supports him. He didn't suspect a thing.

Another wise move by the scum not to hurt me, and I curse Weyouns one more time for being the first one to hurt me. That must have been the happiest moment in the world for the scum/SK.

I wish Walt had claimed Seraph instead of saying "Nuwen and Copter will bring us to victory so it doesn't matter if the rest of us die!"

I don't think I played terribly, but I definitely did a bad job by my own standards. Xyl / Seraphim getting lynched shouldn't have happened. I goofed that one bad.

But then again, Xyl was so damn brainwashed by the scum he might as well have been scum himself. I should have trusted my initial instincts.

I'm happy for this game in retrospect. Thanks for the game Flay; I just achieved another milestone in my game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

DGB- any chance of a Food Fight sequel?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”