Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alright, you heard it here first. Unless there's some as-of-yet unconfirmed kill method, veerus can't have committed the first night kill against DGB because zwet received a phase counter on that day leading into day 2.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by malthusis »

If that's true, that means practically the only one who could be scum is ToD, because there's no way you could have done the kills. I'll
Vote: ToD
now.

Note: I'm leaving in two days. If we somehow move to another day, I'll have to be replaced.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

While malt is saying I'm pretty much the only possible scum left, I'm nearly sure it's actually malthusis. Here's why:

His claim that he's untargetable? That's BS, because he's claimed he got a phase counter D4 and veerus claimed he gave malt a phase counter D4. I can see malt claiming untargetable as "the vig doesn't need to waste his/her/its time on me" because we thought there was still a vig in the game at that point (to explain the ortolan kill; my personal theory is that Alpha and Beta doublekilled ort D2).

Need I explain further? He lied when he claimed untargetable, and there's no good town reason to do so. If I must talk more, chew on this:

Assume I'm scum. Percy would have had no reason to suspect that I would come back D4, and so would probably have sent in the mafia kill saying he would make the kill. It would have gone through unless he targeted malthusis, and (incoming WIFOM) looking at his posts, it doesn't look like Percy thought malt was sufficiently obvtown to deserve the kill (he did say "I'm happy to accept veerus as 100% confirmed town", which suggests to me that he would have gone for veerus unless they were scumbuddies). But he would have had to go for malthusis for me (or anyone besides malthusis) to be scum.

So I'm not scum. Since I'm not, and we seem to be treating Seraphim and veerus as confirmed town, malthusis is the only option. Q.E.D.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by veerus »

I'm leaning toward malthusis myself.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

This is getting interesting. I'll try to read it carefully tomorrow. Can you wait for me?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Seraphim »

Yes. I can wait and unless the lynch is on me, my vote is pretty much needed for any lynch.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by veerus »

Isn't Malt gone at this point? Do we need a replacement?

Also, aren't we in LYLO? I don't know what the theory is for 3town v 1mafia, but does it make sense to no-lynch and see who dies (if anyone?)
-Fight Club
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Working on that replacement, folks. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 am

Re-read done. I'd kill mathusis, then ToD if malthusis isn't scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: mathusis

Let's get this show on the road.

veerus, DON'T TARGET ANYONE IF YOU ARE TOWN. The game should be over as I'm nearly 100% that you are not scum.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:16 am

Post by veerus »

Nod, I wasn't planning to. You're town and TOD already has a counter.

vote: malthusis
-Fight Club
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"However, before having the hotpot party, I still had to dress up in a reindeer costume and provide some sort of entertaining performance. You can't even imagine how it feels to have to think of what the show would include.

'Yare yare!'

The sigh of depression that I sealed away just last month, had once again come out of my mouth. Now don't be so picky! They may sound the same, but what I say may have different meanings if you interpret it differently.

I gave myself an excuse for reusing this phrase, while jotting a must-do predetermined event down in the diary in my head.

This predetermined event was something I had to do if I wanted to continue staying in this world.

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.

As I approached the club room, I could smell the food coming to my nose. That was enough to make me full. Where did this sense of satisfaction come from? I was supposed to go back to pick up the mess some time later, yet I was already feeling so satisfied before I even made my move. Now wasn't I a bit too easy to satisfy!?

Ah well, it's not too bad. Before then,

There was still time. The one in charge of the operation would be the me in the future, though it was neither the me from the distant future, nor the me from the next moment.

I grabbed the doorknob of the Literature Club room and asked the world a question,

Hey, mind if you wait for a while? Before I go back to have you restored, can you just wait a little longer?

At least......

Until after I've tried out Haruhi's hotpot. It shouldn't be too late to go after that, right? "
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Count of Monte Cristo:

Town: 3

Alpha Mafia: 0

Beta Mafia: 0

Serial Killer: 0

The Twenty-Second Vote Count (aka the "Still No Beta Mafia Kill?" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (3) - Trumpet of Doom, Seraphim, veerus
6) veerus (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (1) - malthusis

Not Voting (0):

Votes required to lynch: 3

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)

Not FoSing (4): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:
April 16, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
April 10, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Lynch Count has been reached. End of Game Scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Game Scene

The final day. The final confrontation. Only seconds after Miyoko (DrippingGoofball) went to the restroom with Seraphim and didn't come back, Malthusis is chosen as the last to die.

"You can't do this to me!" screams malthusis. "I'm Kyon's innocent sister! I'd never hurt you!"

"Uh, two problems with that," says Trumpet of Doom. "First, you're a guy. Second, I'm Kyon, and even if you were a girl I'd know straight away if you were my sister or not. You're definitely not my sister."

"I agree," says Seraphim (Mikuru). "Kyon's sister doesn't creep me out like you do."

Wait,
thinks Kyon,
Mikuru's creeped out just as much as I am? Does that mean that malthusis is really...
"I should have known! You're that sneering bastard! Die already!"

"I'm sorry I failed you," says the man known only as Fujiwara (malthusis), as he kills himself with a nearby knife.

"Wait. Who's 'you'?" say Kyon and Mikuru, nearly simultaneously.

"Ihr. Them." says Kuyoh Suoh (veerus), pointing at the men in black.

"Base, this is Agent A. Plan A has failed. Requesting authorization to begin Plan B," says an agent.

"Granted," says a mysterious voice.

"I'm sorry about this," says a representative of the men in black (Tarhalindur). "Actually, I'm more sorry about how this turned out. Those idiots were supposed to kill us for you so we could finish you off with less fuss, but they turned out to be rather stupid, so we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. Goodbye."

The men in black draw guns and start to aim....

"I_think_not," says Kuyoh. "Time_stop."

The men in black freeze in midair.

"Reality_anchor: Kyon"

Kyon shimmers in front of you, but is apparently unchanged.

"Exile_above_the_sky: men_in_black."

The men in black now shimmer, but it's a different shimmer... an *opposite* shimmer...

"Resume_temporal_normality."

The men in black finish drawing their guns and fire... but their guns have no effect. The bullets pass straight through you, as if they had no substance...

"Exile_into_darkness: men_in_black"

The men in black fade into midair. That threat is ended... but it seems empty, somehow. Haruhi's gone... and Yuki... and Koizumi... and Sasaki... and Tsuruya... and Mikuru-

Wait a minute. Mikuru's not gone! There's a way out of this.

"Mikuru. Can you take us back in time before any of this happens?"

"I already asked. Permission was granted before I even applied. Destination coordinates are this room, about three weeks ago..."

Of course,
thinks Kyon,
this is in the past of your superiors.
"Okay, let's do it!"

Three weeks earlier, in Tokyo.

"We call this meeting of the men in black to order. Last time, we discussed the organizations known as the SOS-dan and anti-SOS-dan, and decided that termination was the best available option. Agent A has a plan for how to do thi-what the hell?! Draw your weapons!"

"Dilate_temporal_flow. Exile_into_darkness: men_in_black."

The men in black vanish from the world before they can fire, never to be seen again, and the three people who just appeared in this time frame breathe a sigh of relief.

"Okay. We're back. We'll have to get back home quickly, but other than that we should be able to just return to our old lives," says Kyon. "Though, I must say, I've wondered for a while why the world wasn't unmade when Haruhi died... or Sasaki, if you guys are somehow right about her being the real goddess..."

"You_know_that," says Kuyoh. "You_just_can't_accept_the_answer."

"Let's go home," says Mikuru.

The full list of deaths, etc.

4) forbiddanlight, Haruhi Suzumiya, Townie Dreaming God, Disappeared (removed from the game) Day 1 (Ortolan kill)
3) DrippingGoofball, Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, Townie Modified Doctor, Run Over Day 1 (Fujiwara kill)
8) roffman, Sasaki, Townie Global Roleblocker, Poisoned Day 1 (Koizumi kill)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic), Townie Kidnapper, Lynched Day 2

7) ortolan, Ryoko Asakura, Serial Killer+, Shot Day 2 (Tsuruya kill)

11) Budja, Koizumi Itsuki, Alpha Mafia Cop, Lynched Day 3
5) Panzerjager, Yuki Nagato, Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper, Lynched Day 4

9) Percy, Tsuruya, Beta Mafia Copier, Lynched Day 5

2) malthusis, Fujiwara, Beta Mafia Redirector, Lynched Day 6

-1) Tarhalindur, the men in black, ModGod (not a player in the game), Exorcised at Endgame

1) Seraphim, Mikuru Asahina, Townie Time Traveler, Survived (Vanished Day 1, returned to the game Day 4)
6) veerus, Kuyoh Suoh, Townie Phaser, Survived
10) Trumpet of Doom, Kyon, Presumably Vanilla Townie (actually Vanilla Townie), Survived (Trapped in Crystallized Spacetime Day 2, returned to the game Day 4)

The
Town
(consisting of
Seraphim
DrippingGoofball
forbiddanlight
veerus
roffman
Trumpet of Doom
, and
zwetschenwasser
) has won Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia!

Roles, Actions, etc. coming shortly.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Setup

You look down at the body on the floor. You've had a similar experience before, back at that island mansion, but this time it's different. This time it's real.

You never wanted anyone to die. Not at the mansion, not in that strange blizzard, and definitely not here. But someone has died. And it looks like more are going to have to die in order to stop what has happened here. That's what the strange men in black suits say, at least.

What the hell is going on here, anyways?

Welcome to Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Haruhi Suzumiya
, and according to Kyon you're the source of most of the strangeness that has been happening of late. Maybe you can use these powers he claims you have to help everyone out...

You are a
Townie Dreaming God
. You have the following special abilities:

Active Abilities:

Dreams of Reality
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose the order of the following ten abilities:
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lone Island Syndrome, Endless Eight, The Day of Sagittarius, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Live a Live, Where Did the Cat Go?, Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!, Wandering Shadow, and The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya
. These abilities will be added to the stack and will resolve, one at a time, at the beginning of each day until the end of the game or until all these abilities have resolved (whichever comes first).
(If you choose to send in these abilities in the order listed in this PM, then Snow Mountain Syndrome will resolve Day 1, Endless Eight will resolve Day 2, and so on. This effect will continue regardless of whether you are alive.)

Please note that you may only use one active ability per day.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM with the order in which your Dreams of Reality abilities will resolve.

Mod Notes:
- Yes, this was the source of the mysterious added effects. What, you thought that Sasaki was the only "goddess" role name with an enduring effect?
- Abilities add rules as follows...
Snow Mountain Syndrome: "Each game day will begin with a nonnegotiable deadline of 13+1d15 days in place until stated otherwise. (At the beginning of each day, I will roll a d15, add 13 to the result, and set the deadline accordingly.)"
Endless Eight: "The Vote Count will be reset at the end of each real-life week until stated otherwise."
The Day of Sagittarius: "Until further notice, each Vote Count will contain a list of the number of factions and the number of surviving players in each of those factions."
Lone Island Syndrome: "Until further notice, Rule 5 is revoked. All players will be informed of this."
Wandering Shadow:"Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal. This does NOT reset the number of successful resolutions of the Dreams of Reality ability.)
Where Did the Cat Go?: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal.)
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, all players must post once every 48 hours. A player who violates this rule will be prodded. If a player is prodded 5 times, they will be replaced."
Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!: "Until further notice, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Student Council President (King) who will then decide which player should be lynched."
The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, votes count as FoS'es and FoS'es count as votes."
Live a Live: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal.)
How amusing. A game to the death, and the men in black suits tell you that you've been chosen to be one of the killers. Looks like you won't have much choice in the matter.

Haruhi can't have caused this. She would never want SOS-dan members to start killing their own. That poses the question, however: who are these black-suited men, and what do they want?

Such questions, however, seem to be reserved for people with a more distant perspective. You sigh and turn to Yuki. Time to get to work.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Koizumi Itsuki
, and you have been tasked by a mysterious organization with killing everyone else on this island... with a little help, of course.

You are an
Alpha Mafia Cop

Factional Abilities:

Alpha Mafioso
- You are a member of the Alpha Mafia. Your fellow Alpha Mafioso is
Yuki Nagato
, the
Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper
, played by
PLAYERNAME 2
. Each day, you may consult with your fellow Mafioso and decide to kill a player (the Mafia must specify which Mafioso is making the kill).
Mafia Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. This is a Rapid Action - Special. You may use this ability any number of times.

Passive Abilities:

Stealth Mode
- Each day, if you are not using any active abilities and are not making the Alpha Mafia kill, you are immune to the first normal killing action that would target you that day.

Active Abilities:

Investigate
- Each twilight, you may target a player. You will learn your target's alignment.

Your kill method is "poisoned".

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
Apparently, they figured it out. When those black-suited men brought you to this island, they said that they were sure you were a slider.

They were right, of course. You are a slider. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your sliding abilities are going to get you out of this... game... the men in black have forced you into.

They might, however, let you win this twisted game... or die trying...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura
, and in this timeline you're the slider that everyone has been looking for.

You are a
Townie Modified Doctor

Active Abilities:

Find Alternate
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. If that player is killed by an ability that day, instead that player will be replaced by an alternate-universe counterpart (replacement player).
(In effect, you are a modified Doctor, in the same sense that the Replaceable Townie role from Mind Screw II is a modified Kill-Immune Townie.)

Amidst the dance, new voices. Men stand around you, before a coffin, bearing robes and scythe.

You must become death? Why? How can these men force you to become as they wish?

Why must you kill those you care for? Those you love?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Yuki Nagato
, the SOS-dan's resident Living Humanoid Interface... and you've been selected by the men in black to be an architect of this destruction.

You are an
Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper

Factional Abilities:

Alpha Mafioso
- You are a member of the Alpha Mafia. Your fellow Alpha Mafioso is
Koizumi Itsuki
, the
Alpha Mafia Cop
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
. Each day, you may consult with your fellow Mafioso and decide to kill a player (the Mafia must specify which Mafioso is making the kill).
Mafia Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. This is a Rapid Action - Special. You may use this ability any number of times.

Passive Abilities:

Catch and Release
- If at any time there are two or more players removed from the game with Stasis Cell, you MUST choose all but one of those players. Each player chosen in this way will be returned to the game.
Regenerate Data Interface
- The first time you would be killed by an ability other than lynching, instead you aren't. You will be informed when this happens.

Active Abilities:

Stasis Cell
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself and choose a number of days. If there are no players currently removed from the game with Stasis Cell, then the targeted player will be removed from the game for the chosen number of days or until you die, whichever comes first; when this happens, the removed player will be returned to the thread alive. Removing a player from the game with Stasis Cell does NOT reveal any role information (role name, alignment, abilities, etc.) about that player. Be warned, however, that the mechanism behind this ability is extremely distinctive.
(A player who is removed from the game cannot post, vote, FoS, or use abilities, cannot be lynched or killed, and does not count towards any factional win condition.)

Your kill method is "deleted".

Mod Note:
- Flavor is taken from the unanimated short story Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody; the flavor presented when Stasis Cell is used should make it obvious what ability is being used.
Sometimes you really wish that your superiors could tell you what is going to happen in the past.

Take now, for instance. You've been dragged off by men in black and told that you have to kill people you know. What is this, some sick twisted game for the enjoyment of the masses? Some Battle Royale scenario?

What's a time traveller to do right now? Well... you do seem to have unrestricted TPDD clearance...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Mikuru Asahina
, the SOS-dan's resident agent of the future.

You are a
Townie Time Traveller

Passive Abilities:

Backtrack
- You may talk with all dead players via PM at any time.
Emergency Temporal Shift
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). The first time you would leave play, you will instead leave the game and return on the selected day. Be warned - if you try to escape death by travelling into the past, you will die as part of the shift. Removing yourself from the game with Emergency Temporal Shift does NOT reveal any role information (role name, alignment, abilities, etc.) about you.

Active Abilities:

Dead Man Talking
- Once during the game, during twilight, you may target a dead player. If this ability resolves, then that player will be able to talk in the thread (but not vote) as long as you are alive.

Please confirm via return PM with the day that you will shift to with Emergency Temporal Shift.
"Nandeyanen? What the hell? Who are these men in black suits? Why are they making me kill people I know and care for? Why is a perfectly ordinary person like me in all this mess? Why are you doing this, Haruhi? I never thought that you would actually want to kill someone..."

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kyon
, the one normal person (to the best of your knowledge) in the SOS-dan.

You are a
Presumably Vanilla Townie
. To the best of your knowledge, you have no special abilities.
(You can try to send in an action if you wish. I make no guarantees as to whether or not you actually have an ability and/or what any ability you might have does.)

Mod Notes: What do you know - he really is a vanilla townie (the only vanilla, for flavor reasons).
Why are these men in suits bringing you, an ordinary mortal introvert, to this distant mansion? Why are they telling you to kill people? Is it to cull the herd? Humanity has probably overgrown the planet's carrying capacity, after all. Is it for entertainment? Blood sport is popular even now, but aren't wrestling and American football more than enough to sate the masses' thirst for gladiators?

Or, just maybe, is this due to the strange, godlike power that Kyoko claimed you have?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Sasaki
, a middle-school friend of Kyon's (who some people have started to claim is a god).

You are a
Townie Global Roleblocker

Active Abilities:

Global Roleblock
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any non-lynch action that would resolve during the chosen game day instead fails to resolve, regardless of whether you are alive.
Endure
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any game action, including lynches, that would resolve targeting you on the chosen game day will instead resolve on the next game day.
(This ability will fail to resolve if you die before the chosen day, for hopefully obvious reasons.)

You may choose different days for your abilities.
(i.e, you may have Global Roleblock resolve on Day 1 and Endure resolve on Day 3 if you so choose)
You may also choose to have your abilities resolve on the same day, if you so wish.

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Global Roleblock and Endure will resolve.
I am dead. Or am I alive? The mortal shell means nothing so long as the mind endures.

I see strange men. They ask me to help them. Ask me to help kill others. Why should I not help them? The mere concept of death is nothing to me. The collection of data is all that matters...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Ryoko Asakura
, the Humanoid Interface that once tried to kill Kyon.

You are the
Serial Killer+

Factional Abilities:

Serial Killer Falseclaim
Serial Killer Safeclaim
- You know that
Kimidori Emiri
and
Future Mikuru Asahina
are not in the game and are safeclaims for you. Be warned: Role name is not an absolute determinant of alignment in this game. You may be better served by claiming your true rolename.
Slice and Dice
- Each day, you may target a player. You will remove that player from the game. This is a Rapid Action and serves as your Serial Killer kill.
(This ability resolves immediately upon receipt. Players who are removed from the game are NOT affected by Rule 9 - their full role name will be revealed as normal, but no additional information will be provided.)

Passive Abilities:

Regenerate Data Interface
- The first time you would be killed by an ability other than lynching, instead you aren't. You will be informed when this happens.

Your RFG method is "disappeared".

The nerve of these men in black, bringing you to this place, nyoro~? Don't they know that you are the heir of a very important family, nyoro~? And telling you to kill people, nyoro~?

An official government order? You guess you'll just have to play along, nyoro~...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Tsuruya
, the mysterious heir of an important family... yet despite your family's influence you still are being forced to work with a partner to kill everyone else in this place.

You are a
Beta Mafia Copier

Factional Abilities:

Beta Mafioso
- You are a member of the Beta Mafia. Your fellow Beta Mafioso is
Fujiwara
, the
Beta Mafia Redirector
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
Mafia Falseclaim

Passive Abilities:

Mirror, Mirror
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any targeted action that targets you on the chosen day will be redirected back to its origin.
(Lynches aren't targeted.)

Active Abilities:

Copy
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. You will copy every protection, kill, investigation, and special action that targets that player on that day to its origin.
(For example, if you target a player and that player is Cop investigated, you will then investigate the Cop, with results based on the Cop's own sanity.)

Your kill method is "shot".

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Mirror, Mirror will resolve.
Temporal flow slow as always___communication indicated to be 78% accurate___sending situation to Canopy Domain for analysis___awaiting orders.

Sky Canopy Domain orders received___preserve yourself____preserve other nonhostiles___use sealed reality to protect as needed.

Initializing protocols now.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kuyoh Suoh
, a humanoid interface constructed by the Sky Canopy Domain.

You are a
Townie Phaser

Passive Abilities:

Null Phase
- You may target players with phased as though they were unphased, and vice versa.
Closed Circle
- As long as you are in the game, players with phase counters have protection from nonphased and players without phase counters have protection from phased.
(If a player without a phase counter would use an ability on a player with a phase counter, that ability fails to resolve, and vice versa. This effect lasts as long as you are alive.)

Reality Anchor
- As long as you are in the game, if a player has two phase counters on him or her, all phase counters will be removed from that player.
End of Line
- When you die, all phase counters will be removed from all players.

Active Abilities:

Exile Above the Sky
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. You will place a phase counter on that player.
(This ability resolves as a roleblock.)

Just what are these men in black, anyways? They come out of nowhere, abduct you from your school, and bring you here to this lonely mansion. Then they tell you that there is a corruption amongst you and that the only way to eliminate it is to kill each other. If there's really a corruption, why can't they deal with it themselves?

You can't lose sight of your priority, though. You must protect the goddess - the real goddess - at any cost. You might as well try to protect everyone else, too - maybe you can get on the SOS-dan's good side that way...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kyoko Tachibana
, the organizer of the mirror SOS-dan that surrounds Sasaki.

You are a
Townie Kidnapper

Active Abilities:

Kidnap
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. Any non-roleblock normal action that player uses will fail to resolve, and any non-roleblock normal action that targets that player that day will fail to resolve. However, any ability that targets you will be copied to the kidnapped player.
(In effect, you're a reverse super-Hider who doesn't die upon hiding a scum.)

You actually rather like these men in black. Their methods are somewhat... distasteful and unelegant, but this game they've forced you into might just succeed in creating a future where time travel cannot exist. That's what you've wanted all along, after all.

Naturally, when they asked you to kill everyone else in the room, you were glad to help out. If only your (rather cute) partner wasn't so unenthusiastic about it...

PLAYERNAME
. You are the time traveler known as
Fujiwara
(or, as certain less-generous people have called you, "that sneering bastard"), and you're overjoyed to have been selected by the men in black as an architect of death and sorrow in this forsaken place.

You are a
Beta Mafia Redirector
. You have the following special ability.

Factional Abilities:

Beta Mafioso
- You are a member of the Beta Mafia. Your fellow Beta Mafioso is
Tsuruya
, the
Beta Mafia Copier
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
Mafia Falseclaim
Mafia Safeclaim
- You know that
Kyon's Sister
is not in the game and is a safeclaim for you. Be warned: Role name is not an absolute determinant of alignment in this game. You may be better served by claiming your true rolename.

Active Abilities:

Redirect
- Each day, you may target a player and a second player. Any non-roleblock action the first player uses and any non-roleblock action that targets the first player will be redirected to the second player. You may target yourself with this ability. The Beta Mafia kill is NOT affected by this ability.

Your kill method is "run over".

Mod Note: If Slice and Dice targets the first player, the roleblock component will resolve as normal but the kill component will be redirected to the second player.

Ability Resolution Order:

Twilight Actions:
Special Actions (Yuki's Stasis Cell, Mikuru's Dead Man Talking)
Investigations (Koizumi's Investigate)
Kills (Mafia kills)
Protections (Miyoko's Find Alternate)
Redirects (Tsuruya's Copy, Fujiwara's Redirect)
Untargetability (none)
Roleblocks (Kuyoh's phasing ability, Kyoko's Kidnap)
Global Redirects (none)
Global Roleblocks (none that resolve at twilight)

Rapid Actions:
Ryoko's Slice and Dice

Beginning of Day Actions (actions that occur on days specified at game start):
Special Actions (Haruhi's Dreams of Reality, Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift - delayed trigger only)
Redirects (Tsuruya's Mirror, Mirror)
Roleblocks (Sasaki's Endure)
Global Roleblocks (Sasaki's Global Roleblock)

Abilities with the same priority resolve simultaneously (this is how I've always resolved the "roleblockers block each other" and "redirectors redirect each other" issue - roleblockers can't be roleblocked (or redirected, for that matter) barring a global effect, and redirectors can't redirect each other).

Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift is a replacement effect and doesn't use the stack (it simply modifies how the first kill targeting her resolves). As such, Mikuru's ETS cannot be roleblocked or otherwise modified. The delayed trigger it sets up, however (return to game) can be roleblocked (so if Mikuru Shifts to the day Sasaki activated Global Roleblock, Mikuru will simply be removed from the game forever).

Order of beginning of day actions other than Global Roleblock shouldn't matter - unless I'm forgetting something, they have no effect on each other.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Action List:

Day 1:

- Seraphim lynched (Mikuru)

- Haruhi uses The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, votes count as FoS'es and FoS'es count as votes."
- Alpha Mafia sends Budja to kill roffman (Sasaki)
- Beta Mafia sends malthusis to kill DrippingGoofball (Miyokichi)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's forbiddanlight (Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Miyokichi uses Find Alternate targeting afatchic (fails, Closed Circle)
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting DrippingGoofball (fails, kills resolve before investigations)
- Koizumi does not have immunity against first kill targeting him today
- Mikuru cannot use Dead Man Talking
- Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift replaces lynch (depletes)
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting Percy with duration 4 days (fails, Closed Circle + Kidnap)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity
- Kyon has no special abilities
- Sasaki has no normal active abilities
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting afatchic (fails, Closed Circle)
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting afatchic (Kyoko), copied to Panzerjager (Yuki)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting Panzerjager (succeeds)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis (Fujiwara), roffman (Sasaki)

Day 2:

- zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) lynched (Kyoko)

- Haruhi uses Endless Eight: "The Vote Count will be reset at the end of each real-life week until stated otherwise."
- All actions that target Sasaki today (including lynches) are delayed to Day 3
- All actions that target Tsuruya (Percy) today will be redirected to their origin
- Alpha Mafia sends Panzerjager to kill Percy (reflected to Panzerjager, prevented by Panzerjager's Regenerate Data Interface)
- Beta Mafia sends Percy to kill ortolan (succeeds, Regenerate Data Interface previously depleted)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's Percy (reflected to ortolan, prevented by Ortolan's Regenerate Data Interface)
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting veerus
- Koizumi does not have immunity against first kill targeting him today
- Mikuru is removed from the game
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting Trumpet of Doom with duration 8 days (resolves)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity (used preventing reflected Alpha Mafia kill)
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity (used preventing reflected Serial Killer kill)
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting veerus
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting Panzerjager (triggers Reality Anchor due to D1 actions)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting veerus (fails, Kyoko is lynched)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, Seraphim (fails, illegal second target)

Day 3 (note: I didn't bother waiting for actions this day, due to Global Roleblock):

- Budja lynched (Koizumi)

- Haruhi uses Lone Island Syndrome: "Until further notice, Rule 5 is revoked. All players will be informed of this." (roleblocked, thank the gods)
- Sasaki uses Global Roleblock
- Alpha Mafia sends ??? to kill ??? (roleblocked)
- Beta Mafia sends ??? to kill ??? (roleblocked)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's ??? (roleblocked)
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Koizumi ??? immunity against first kill targeting him today (roleblocked)
- Mikuru is removed from the game
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting ??? with duration ??? days (roleblocked)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity (roleblocked)
- Kyon has no special abilities (roleblocked)
- Sasaki has no normal active abilities (roleblocked)
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity (roleblocked)
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting ???, ??? (roleblocked)

Day 4:

- Panzerjager lynched (Koizumi)

- Haruhi uses Where Did the Cat Go?: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game."
- Mikuru reappears on this day (Emergency Temporal Shift)
- Alpha Mafia fails to kill
- Beta Mafia sends malthusis to kill veerus (fails, Closed Circle)
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru uses Dead Man Talking targeting DrippingGoofball (succeeds)
- Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity
- Tsuruya fails to use Copy
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting malthusis
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting Percy, veerus (fails, phased out)

Day 5:

- Percy lynched (Tsuruya)

- Haruhi uses The Day of Sagittarius: "Until further notice, each Vote Count will contain a list of the number of factions and the number of surviving players in each of those factions."
- Alpha Mafia is dead
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru's Dead Man Talking is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Sasaki is dead
- Ryoko is dead
- Tsuruya is dead
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting Trumpet of Doom
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, Trumpet of Doom (succeeds, both phased out, but no abilities target Fujiwara)

Day 6:

- malthusis lynched (Fujiwara)

- Haruhi uses The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, all players must post once every 48 hours. A player who violates this rule will be prodded. If a player is prodded 5 times, they will be replaced."
- Alpha Mafia is dead
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru's Dead Man Talking is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Ryoko is dead
- Tsuruya is dead
- Kuyoh does not use Exile Above the Sky
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, veerus (fails, phased out)

Day 7:

- Haruhi uses Live a Live: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 8:

- Haruhi uses Wandering Shadow: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 9:

- Haruhi uses Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!: "Until further notice, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Student Council President (King) who will then decide which player should be lynched." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 10:

- Haruhi uses Snow Mountain Syndrome: "Each game day will begin with a nonnegotiable deadline of 13+1d15 days in place until stated otherwise. (At the beginning of each day, I will roll a d15, add 13 to the result, and set the deadline accordingly.)" (fails, game over)
- Game Over
User out of ambit.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

good game

I might have had a chance had I not targeted Percy day 2 and thus lost a life (I wouldn't have made that "if I die Percy and veerus are scum" gambit otherwise anyway)- I genuinely thought Percy and veerus were scum together (for the whole game, lol) and wasn't considering there being two mafias at that point. I said that ("if I die Percy and veerus are scum) because I thought it would discourage their night-kill, but obviously it didn't maybe partly because I was wrong about one of them.

I really need to revise my reads on veerus, I have actually thought he was scum in 3 games in a row where has turned out to be town (RealTime mafia, Rebels in the Palace and this).

I also think perhaps letting Seraphim talk to dead players was a bit unfair because for example scum players who no longer had any capacity to win could coach him and out any other scum-teams they might know about if they wanted (although again, ironically, I was wrong and thought veerus was the last scum rather than Malthusius).
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by ortolan »

oh and also the "FoSes are lynches" ability didn't mean anything because you announced to town that it existed, perhaps it would have been better not to tell people it was in place, otherwise it is kind of redundant.

well done on the modding though, a very enjoyable/interesting setup.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Good game.

I want to say one thing. I've been keeping up with the game off and on since my death, mostly on like D4 on. But I did read one post from Budja and called him as scum. Maybe it's easier as an observer, but you all should have lynched him like mad for this

Well, at least pressured him. And it appeared no one noticed at all.

That's basically it, I didn't catch anyone else and even knowing the set up screwed up the scum who were obvious in massclaim. I'm mildly irritated I didn't get to actually play. Why was I the SK kill again?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

cause I felt like it :P
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by ortolan »

na you were just someone who I didn't think I could necessarily get a good read/meta on

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

na you were just someone who I didn't think I could necessarily get a good read/meta on
Oh gee, thanks. And I thought it was something like "OH, you were obvHaruhi" or "I was scared that your knowledge of the flavor would benefit town" or something like that. I may not be an easy read (and some disagree with even that), but I tend to be an easy frame.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:14 am

Post by roffman »

Good job town. I think it was well played by everyone all round. I'd also like to know why i was targeted for death :(
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Seraphim »

Woo, good game. There was a point where I thought my early game gambit would end up hurting the town(Day 3 I think it was) but numerous other things definitely turned the game in town's favor. And even though DGB wasn't as useful as I thought it would be(I thought I would've been able to bring her back even while I was gone, throwing a confirmed, unkillable townie into the mix), my abilities made me confirmed enough to act as mediator and detach myself from the game.

Excellent game everyone.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Seraphim »

Lone Island Syndrome: "Until further notice, Rule 5 is revoked. All players will be informed of this." (roleblocked, thank the gods)
Would this have allowed us to talk to FL?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:51 am

roffman wrote:Good job town. I think it was well played by everyone all round. I'd also like to know why i was targeted for death :(
Me too, boo hoo hoo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”