War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

Post by The Fonz »

populartajo wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Oh, God no. I completely lost faith in myself after Seraphim flipped town. But it's just not true to say i had you as scum. You were pissing me off, but I thought you were town. In many ways, I played the worst of all. I had the scum in my sites, but i completely panicked.
Good to know. If you could change anything in this game about your play, what would it be?
Oh lordy lordy. So many things.

I shoulda been more proactive after the Shinnen lynch. I just kinda let people push their cases, because i was kinda lost myself, and was hoping someone else might. Then, before i knew it, we were at crisis stations.

I'd have stuck my neck out for WLC.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't have gone into my shell post-Seraphim, and followed DGB as the one player not responsible for hurting town left and right.

To be honest, the worst feeling was my utter powerlessness re: Rofl. I felt in my bones he was certainly town, and so kinda just hoped he'd be right sooner rather than later. But at the same time, my fear of him utterly decimating the town kept me from going after Nuwen, who i actually thought was scum, because she was the one player who had the ability to hold him in check.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

Post by populartajo »

The Fonz wrote:Hehe.

To be honest Tajo, at the end there i was wondering if they hadn't perhaps given you slightly too many meds...
lol prob
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote:The point is that I realized rolf was town too late.
Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
Well...in that case, q21 probably would have won. But if q21 was town, then yeah; town could have healed q21 in thread faster then we could rage him, and if he had hit scum with his zeal attacks, town could have won.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Fonz wrote:Reading back through my posts, that bit where I was insisting that Xyl, DGB, and Giuseppe were my top suspects is painful.

Actually, in fact, for most of the game i had Xyl, DGB, and either Nuwen or Giuseppe. D'oh.
You, and a lot of other players were on to us all game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Nuwen »

There were moments when we were
sure
that we'd be outted. Can we post the QT yet?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:23 am

Nuwen wrote:There were moments when we were
sure
that we'd be outted. Can we post the QT yet?
Sure, go ahead.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Kinetic »

Kinetic wrote:BTW: It should be noted, although I hate to say it-

If I am not healed, the players most responsible for my death are not the ones who kill me, but the ones who refuse to heal me.

If you call me town, refuse to heal me, let me die, you do NOT get to claim an I told you so after I die. Anyone who does is SCUM!
God. I was on to Nuwen, on to DGB, but fucking rofl was killing me so I HAD to try and stop him. Too damn bad it was too late and the town couldn't heal me in time to save me.

-.-;;;;
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 am

Kinetic wrote:God. I was on to Nuwen, on to DGB, but fucking rofl was killing me so I HAD to try and stop him. Too damn bad it was too late and the town couldn't heal me in time to save me.
You had the most aggressive faction against you. Anyone that defended you, would have been next to be marked for death. No one could defend you.

Didn't I try to heal you at some point? I think it didn't work, and it was a genuine error on my part. I did it to discredit your attackers.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:God. I was on to Nuwen, on to DGB, but fucking rofl was killing me so I HAD to try and stop him. Too damn bad it was too late and the town couldn't heal me in time to save me.
You had the most aggressive faction against you. Anyone that defended you, would have been next to be marked for death. No one could defend you.

Didn't I try to heal you at some point? I think it didn't work, and it was a genuine error on my part. I did it to discredit your attackers.
I knew you did, and I also knew as soon as you healed me that you were scum.

My attackers were utter idiots, but your move was calm and calculated. I knew you were scum and I held my tongue because at that point in the game I wanted town to lose for letting the wild dogs run free and not taking them outside and killing them.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:54 am

Kinetic wrote:My attackers were utter idiots, but your move was calm and calculated. I knew you were scum and I held my tongue because at that point in the game I wanted town to lose for letting the wild dogs run free and not taking them outside and killing them.
The full idea was to use a heal on you, then kill you with rage points, so that it would unlikely that as scum, I would heal you, only to cost me an extra rage point. I really intended to heal you, and because of my mistake, my own ploy was foiled.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:My attackers were utter idiots, but your move was calm and calculated. I knew you were scum and I held my tongue because at that point in the game I wanted town to lose for letting the wild dogs run free and not taking them outside and killing them.
The full idea was to use a heal on you, then kill you with rage points, so that it would unlikely that as scum, I would heal you, only to cost me an extra rage point. I really intended to heal you, and because of my mistake, my own ploy was foiled.
Either way, I know the way you play. That heal was WAY more calculated than anything you normally do as town. I'd have pinned you to the ground if I was still alive.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:56 am

Kinetic wrote:Either way, I know the way you play. That heal was WAY more calculated than anything you normally do as town. I'd have pinned you to the ground if I was still alive.
Next time I'm just going to hammer you, haha.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Seraphim »

I don't even want to talk about this game.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Either way, I know the way you play. That heal was WAY more calculated than anything you normally do as town. I'd have pinned you to the ground if I was still alive.
Next time I'm just going to hammer you, haha.
Ha!

Man, I had the worst feeling that ABR/rofl/fonz weren't scum, but I'll be damned if they didn't do their best to kill everyone off. I knew their scumdar's were totally out of whack and if they lead the town it'd be into the ground.

Flay: I loved the setup, and I think it was well made.

Town: You played HORRIBLY. And not the good horrible, like Dr. Horrible. I mean like you wanted to lose horrible.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 am

Post by q21 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:(5) I'm the only one that was on to Q21 being a SK, in thread, and in QT. A player that could accumulate "zeal points" and have tons of HP? Had I been town, I would have belabored the issue, but since I knew we could kill him, and everyone believed him when he declared me to be town, I was happy to say no more of my SK theory. It also helped immensely that the order of player lynches had us dead last. I can't believe the remaining townies weren't suspicious of him after his plan lead to still more mislynches. It was an excellent gambit by Q21, and I commend him for it.
Thanks.

I had to try something, I wasn't going to win by sitting on my ass. If I'd set the order with one of you on top, or even second - I reckon I'd have won it. You had me completely convinced when you didn't frame me after I Raged ABR.

You have no clue how close I was to Raging you to death ahead of ABR, though. That's the decision that lost me the game.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:55 am

Post by q21 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Satan/Michael (I'm still laughing over that claim).
It took me ages to settle on just how to phrase it. It had a few different versions depending on the alignment of people I killed etc. In the end I went with the simplest version which was basically restating my actual role with a few name changes.

Also had to time it just when people were starting to look like they were giving up hope. Offer hopeless people just a little hope and they jump at it.

It was a great setup that was awesomely run. I loved playing it, even though I ended up losing sleep cos I was staying up till 2am just so I could get in a bit of posting while other people were online. I loved it.
Nuwen wrote:I was slightly correct. Q21's plan caught my eye because when I ran it through a number cruncher, there were multiple ways for both town
and
scum to win - anyone with half a calculator could have done the math and seen that it wasn't a town autowin in the slightest. His plan makes more sense coming from an SK; I just thought he was a dim town player.
Trust me, I knew about every situation that would/could happen. I had all the possibilities planned out. That plan was my best chance to win and I wasn't going to mention that like 40% of the time it gave scum the game, even if I was town to start with.

I only mentioned the good bits because I was trying to sell it to the town.

As for DGB, she didn't frame me when she could have, and my mind refused to have that come from a scum.
Mr. Flay wrote: When q21 received 6 (and then 12) RP in quick succession, there should have been a pause of 'the plan' and a mass healing. Unless every Loyal Angel had actually given up, and didn't care if he was actually Michael or not.
I did actually try to suggest that, FS did it, but I didn't manage to convince anyone else to.
populartajo wrote:The point is that I realized rolf was town too late.
Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
No, but I could have.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:38 pm

q21 wrote:You have no clue how close I was to Raging you to death ahead of ABR, though. That's the decision that lost me the game.
It seems like failing to kill me is a nearly universal regret from all players in this game, minus my scumpals!

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

populartajo wrote:Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
It's theoretically possible - Fallen Angels and Satan could have more or less nuked each other, then the last Loyal Angels realize what's going on and kill q21/the last Fallen for the win. It's messy and mostly-undeserved, but until q21 raged on a townie (Firestarter I think) it was
possible

Has Xyl come back to the thread yet? I have a theory on how to automate this (minus Metatron's role, of course). Actually, after Cruise Ship I think the next variant of this I'll run will be an Infiltration of Hell by the loyals, perhaps to rescue the Metatron. :twisted:
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

This game was amazing. Nuff said.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by q21 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
populartajo wrote:Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
It's theoretically possible - Fallen Angels and Satan could have more or less nuked each other, then the last Loyal Angels realize what's going on and kill q21/the last Fallen for the win. It's messy and mostly-undeserved, but until q21 raged on a townie (Firestarter I think) it was
possible

Has Xyl come back to the thread yet? I have a theory on how to automate this (minus Metatron's role, of course). Actually, after Cruise Ship I think the next variant of this I'll run will be an Infiltration of Hell by the loyals, perhaps to rescue the Metatron. :twisted:
I don't see how I didn't kill him. He had 3 damage and I did 5 rage to him. I wanted to end up at least having beaten all the townies.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Firestarter was an Arel, and thus had 11 HP, not 8. Also, I
think
you had only 4 RP at that point but my spreadsheeting started to get a little convoluted that late in the game.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mr. Flay wrote:Actually, after Cruise Ship I think the next variant of this I'll run will be an Infiltration of Hell by the loyals, perhaps to rescue the Metatron. :twisted:
Can I actually be a Seraphim in the next game? XP
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by vIQleS »

/prein
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Seraphim »