War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Tenchi »

This was not the sort of game for scum to pseudo-confirm another, especially given the handicap of losing Shinnen on day 1. We literally couldn't afford a single scum lynch, let alone two.
This is good insight.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:42 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Yosarian2 wrote:Plus, I thought getting q21 to nuke rofl would be worth extra style points. :lol:
I was trying to navigate the few remaining townies away from healing Q21... given enough heals, he really had a shot at winning.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Town should NEVER have let Rage Points stand unanswered. I forget who mentioned this during the game, but it was absolutely spot-on correct, even if you disagree with using Heals to counteract Hurts. It doesn't matter if you end up "healing scum", you're negating a massive advantage. Town started off able to heal 100 points of damage a week, ffs! Even mid-late game, scum couldn't have afforded to buck that idea if town hadn't already been hellbent on rejecting it, so they'd have had to heal up Raged survivors too or risk outing themselves.

When q21 received 6 (and then 12) RP in quick succession, there should have been a pause of 'the plan' and a mass healing. Unless every Loyal Angel had actually given up, and didn't care if he was actually Michael or not.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:52 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Mr. Flay wrote:When q21 received 6 (and then 12) RP in quick succession, there should have been a pause of 'the plan' and a mass healing. Unless every Loyal Angel had actually given up, and didn't care if he was actually Michael or not.
I wasn't town in this game, but I think the townies were so relieved to have a muscular champion that they refused to consider the possibility of a SK.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:56 am

Post by Tenchi »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:When q21 received 6 (and then 12) RP in quick succession, there should have been a pause of 'the plan' and a mass healing. Unless every Loyal Angel had actually given up, and didn't care if he was actually Michael or not.
I wasn't town in this game, but I think the townies were so relieved to have a muscular champion that they refused to consider the possibility of a SK.
I was shocked they believed it so easily after a Metatron was revealed!

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Tenchi »

Mr. Flay wrote:Town should NEVER have let Rage Points stand unanswered. I forget who mentioned this during the game, but it was absolutely spot-on correct, even if you disagree with using Heals to counteract Hurts. It doesn't matter if you end up "healing scum", you're negating a massive advantage. Town started off able to heal 100 points of damage a week, ffs! Even mid-late game, scum couldn't have afforded to buck that idea if town hadn't already been hellbent on rejecting it, so they'd have had to heal up Raged survivors too or risk outing themselves.

When q21 received 6 (and then 12) RP in quick succession, there should have been a pause of 'the plan' and a mass healing. Unless every Loyal Angel had actually given up, and didn't care if he was actually Michael or not.
I think people were so scared because the culture was defined as those people who do healing are "stalling" the game for scum to build rage points. I never thought of healing that way until you said it. ><

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Firestarter »

I wanted DGB lynched before Xyl, at one stage.

But someone, I believe Fonz, questioned why DGB before Xyl.

I should have went after DGB first, I had a real good feeling there was a fallen ophan after the fact Metatron, Tenchi, was lynched.

I listened to fonz waaaay too much after I replaced in, it was for the detriment of town.
('') (':') ('')
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

Firestarter wrote:I wanted DGB lynched before Xyl, at one stage.

I should have went after DGB first, I had a real good feeling there was a fallen ophan after the fact Metatron, Tenchi, was lynched.

I listened to fonz waaaay too much after I replaced in, it was for the detriment of town.
WTF!? I was extremely strongly in favour of no Xyl lynch while DGB lives.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Firestarter »

I also made this post on march 29th...
Firestarter wrote:Im not going to be posting thoughts on the game thus far right now guys...
There is a much bigger problem to face before that...

If what I state below comes to fruition, I will then make cases on my list of scum people when needed..
A huge post containing thoughts likely to be heard before will not help right now. Ive read most of the game, but Order needs to restored before we continue.
Order is Towns friend.

10 days have passed, and 4 townies are dead...

Sorry, but thats scandalous.
Ive re-assessed what I stated about Fonz plan in an earlier post....

1st off...

Fonz idea of the buddy plan, one has a case, and the other likes it enough to join in. It will not win the game for town. Its more likely to aide scum imo.

Scum concocts a valid case on a town member playing poorly. Town member jumps on board. Town member recieves hurt.

Town member makes convincing case against another Town member. Opportunistic Scum jumps on board. Another Town member recieves hurt.

Town member makes convincing case against another town member.
Town member jumps on board. Townmember receives hurt.

At this point, I think its more than likely that more Townmembers will get stung with this system than scum will, given the percieved numbers.

Given that the mechanic in this game is most likely similar to the first mini, Rage points prove to be a real pain in the ass right now, regardless of time spent in game.
One of the powers we all have is being completly overlooked here, and scum are laughing up their sleeves at town.
The power I speak of?
HEAL!!!!!

The said Town members who recieved hurts through Fonz' system are now sitting ducks to be murdered.
Scum rape disorganised town, and eventually win.

We seriously need to reassess this system....
No, we seriously need to ditch this system.

At this very point, it seems scum may have used up what rage points they had, and do not have the power to secretly hurt further until they recharge.

Now is the time to use Heal powers on everyone bar the scummiest.
Healing would have prolonged the game, but that would have been a good thing, the game was moving too fast, and I questioned Fonz on his idea that the game should have been so quick, lynches, etc, etc..

I never actually brought up the Rage Cap, it was assumed on my part that such a thing existed, from the mini.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I wanted DGB lynched before Xyl, at one stage.

WTF!? I was extremely strongly in favour of no Xyl lynch while DGB lives.
As I said, I believed it was you, I could be mistaken...
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 am

Post by populartajo »

For the record, I always knew DGB was scum and q21 was a SK. Realized Nuwen was scum too late, though.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Reading back through my posts, that bit where I was insisting that Xyl, DGB, and Giuseppe were my top suspects is painful.

Actually, in fact, for most of the game i had Xyl, DGB, and either Nuwen or Giuseppe. D'oh.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:50 am

Post by populartajo »

The Fonz wrote:Reading back through my posts, that bit where I was insisting that Xyl, DGB, and Giuseppe were my top suspects is painful.

Actually, in fact, for most of the game i had Xyl, DGB, and either Nuwen or Giuseppe. D'oh.
Maybe Tajo too?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:51 am

Post by populartajo »

There is only a reason why town lost this one. Scum too advantage of the agressive ones and the obv hate they would hate after killing townies.
Call me Tajo.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

Really, Tajo? I was saying throughout that I thought you were town. In fact, I only really started thinking you were scum about when I died, and i realised how many times you'd set up lynches by going 'Well, if he's town, that other guy who disagrees with him must be scum... hmm no, ok, if he's town, then HE must be scum... no, ok, then it's HIM...' Oh, and that completely ridiculous 'put people to L-1' and 'I'M CONFIRMED TOWN' bit. Which was just bizarre.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:Reading back through my posts, that bit where I was insisting that Xyl, DGB, and Giuseppe were my top suspects is painful.

But your parting shot was fairly inaccurate?
The Fonz wrote:I'm one hurt away from dying, guys.

(Loyal Cherub)

Btw, tajo and firestarter are so scum.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:01 am

Post by populartajo »

The Fonz wrote:Really, Tajo? I was saying throughout that I thought you were town. In fact, I only really started thinking you were scum about when I died, and i realised how many times you'd set up lynches by going 'Well, if he's town, that other guy who disagrees with him must be scum... hmm no, ok, if he's town, then HE must be scum... no, ok, then it's HIM...' Oh, and that completely ridiculous 'put people to L-1' and 'I'M CONFIRMED TOWN' bit. Which was just bizarre.
Was it really dumb to think that there has to be scum between rolf-Xyl-Tenchi and Seraphim, seeing how bad each of them played?
The "Im confirmed town" was just to mess with scum. Town couldnt win at that point and obv scum were leading the lynches.
And the put to L-1 plan. I still think it had its merits but obv scum would shut it down.
Fonz, you think your play was optimal this game?
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:13 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah i was basically never right and even when i was i went for the wrong people first, so this is obviously a highlight in my mafia career
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote: The "Im confirmed town" was just to mess with scum. Town couldnt win at that point and obv scum were leading the lynches.
Eh...I'm pretty sure I would have been going after you no matter what there, after I replaced in...you really looked scummy to me, and when you kept saying you were town, it just made it easier to lynch you.

Probably the big difference is I would have gone after you harder and not stopped and hurt Fonz first if I was town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, God no. I completely lost faith in myself after Seraphim flipped town. But it's just not true to say i had you as scum. You were pissing me off, but I thought you were town. In many ways, I played the worst of all. I had the scum in my sites, but i completely panicked.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Yosarian2 wrote:
populartajo wrote: The "Im confirmed town" was just to mess with scum. Town couldnt win at that point and obv scum were leading the lynches.
Eh...I'm pretty sure I would have been going after you no matter what there, after I replaced in...you really looked scummy to me, and when you kept saying you were town, it just made it easier to lynch you.

Probably the big difference is I would have gone after you harder and not stopped and hurt Fonz first if I was town.
Actually I just started acting scummy when there was no way town could win this. If there had been at least one motivation other than the sound of the freaking boring machines in the hospital, I would prob have made a better case than the one I crafted.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:31 am

Post by populartajo »

The Fonz wrote:Oh, God no. I completely lost faith in myself after Seraphim flipped town. But it's just not true to say i had you as scum. You were pissing me off, but I thought you were town. In many ways, I played the worst of all. I had the scum in my sites, but i completely panicked.
Good to know. If you could change anything in this game about your play, what would it be?
Call me Tajo.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hehe.

To be honest Tajo, at the end there i was wondering if they hadn't perhaps given you slightly too many meds...
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

populartajo wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:

Actually I just started acting scummy when there was no way town could win this. If there had been at least one motivation other than the sound of the freaking boring machines in the hospital, I would prob have made a better case than the one I crafted.
Oh; there was no point until you were dead when we had the game locked up, at all. If you could have convinced town and q21 to go after, say, Nuwen instead of you, or just convinced town that we should all be healing q21 as much as possible instead of hurting people, scum could easily have lost.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 am

Post by populartajo »

The point is that I realized rolf was town too late.
Also, could we have won if we had masshealed q21 instead of hurting each other?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”