War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by q21 »

Glad I killed your ass then....

DGB had me fooled completely. Other than that I time it wrong, took too long to start genuinely trying to help the town.

Yes, viq, I was SK.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Tenchi »

The questions and answers were fucked up.I was trying to learnt he whole way, until I panicked, and it was too late. I feel I screwed up, or I want to bonk Flay hard on the head.

Q1. Do Albert B Rampage, Tenchi and Populartajo have the same alignment/side?
A1. Albert B. Rampage, Tenchi and populartajo began with the same HP. (Mar 24, 2009 7:29 pm)
Notes: I was trying to confirm the most active players in the game. I thought I had a good start with the role this way. I was waiting for Tajo/ABR to slip up the whole game.

Q2. Is Kinetic one of the Fallen?
A2. Kinetic is one of the Cherubim. (Mar 26, 2009 6:56 am)
Notes: Kinetic was a star suspect, but could possibly be saved by me if it would turn out that he's town.

Q3. How may Seraphs do we have in heaven still alive?
A3. There are at least two Seraphim still alive in Heaven. (Mar 28, 2009 6:38 pm)
Notes: This was in the middle of the Seraphim hunt/dilemma between Roflcopter and the other people.

Q4. How much HP did Cybele, Xylthixlm and zwetschenwasser start with?
A4. Cybele, Xylthixlm and zwetschenwasser all started with full HP. (Mar 29, 2009 8:49 pm)
Notes: Trying to target middle-of-the-road people with the same result I got in the first investigation I had. Didn't work.

Q5. How many Fallen angels are there?
A5. There are more Fallen angels than Ophanim. (Mar 29, 2009 8:50 pm)

Q6. Is DGB one of the Ophan?
A6. DrippingGoofball has the eyes of one of the Ophanim. (Mar 31, 2009 11:53 am)
Notes: I was hoping he was lying, but then it also brought about the possibility of a Fallen Ophan

Q7. Is Xyl one of the Fallen angels?
A7. Xylthixlm is one of my best angels. (Mar 31, 2009 12:02 pm)
Notes: I was obviously suspecting Xyl heavily, because of his reaction toward me.

Q8. What is Xyl's Angel's name?(If I'm Metatron, who is he?)
A8. Xyl's Angelic name is Xylthixlm. (Mar 31, 2009 8:23 pm)
Notes: I was hoping he'd say Lucifer because of my last result.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Tenchi »

After Question 8, I was frustrated and logged out. When I came back, I was dead.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by q21 »

I was actually hoping you were scum when I killed you...
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Oh god... I was so annoyed at that time. Looking back, what discouraged me is Tajo and several others jumping on my wagon. Tajo was disappointing for me especially, since I trusted him the whole game.

I thought I was killed by a calculated scum group, the type of people who log in and do things at the exact minute, since the number of rage points seemed to be so exact, which then I don't blame Xyl for posting the number of rage points used like that (I thought Xyl was 100% scum after that "slip").

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Tenchi »

vIQleS wrote:I forget - why didn't tenchi claim?

Could he have verified?
I was wary of claiming because:

1. I was trying to squeeze as much as I can from the role
2. I haven't got anything remotely useful, if revealed
3. Some of the answers are so weird, I'd look suspicious and get lynched

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by q21 »

Tenchi wrote:Oh god... I was so annoyed at that time. Looking back, what discouraged me is Tajo and several others jumping on my wagon. Tajo was disappointing for me especially, since I trusted him the whole game.

I thought I was killed by a calculated scum group, the type of people who log in and do things at the exact minute, since the number of rage points seemed to be so exact, which then I don't blame Xyl for posting the number of rage points used like that (I thought Xyl was 100% scum after that "slip").
I was hoping scum cherub so I did 6 points before I left university. You were still alive when I got home. By that point I was committed to killing you, so I did another three since I didn't think anyone other than myself would have more than 12.

Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by Tenchi »

So wait... q21, you were the only one behind all the Rage?

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Tenchi wrote:So wait... q21, you were the only one behind all the Rage?
No. Each living scum player gained one rage every Sunday at noon and one rage point every time a loyal angel was killed, up to a maximum of three unspent points (four for me, a Seraph).
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Kinetic wrote:Seriously, this game was lost because of players like rofl and ABR not letting the town fucking think.
This, I was actually quite surprised when they both flipped town. When the town wants to play as individuals and let ego run the show, the scum just have to sit back and laugh while the town fractures.

I played badly getting killed so early, but I don't think the town had that many redeeming plays. 15 mislynches in a row? Come on.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Juls »

Whoever said it before, I agree, I think this game was lost because of aggressive players on both town and scum sides. If this igame had been played at a normal pace I think more (including me) could have got more involved. Instead it was in turbo mode the whole friggin time.
-------------------------------------
Juls
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

My thoughts on the game.

(1) The Shinnen death, occurring on Day 1, was immensely crippling and by itself was almost an auto-loss for the scum. It reduced the RP accumulation by 25% for the entire game. The maximum number of RP we could accumulate went from 12 to 8, which severely limited our choice of players to kill. We could only kill very damaged players.

(2) The distribution of angel types meant that it was impossible for Nuwen to hide for very long. I could hide, but when a Metatron was revealed, it did mean that there could be a scum Ophan, and I couldn't hide anymore. In fact, a bit past mid-game, I became despondent and convinced that this was un-winnable for the scum, unless we managed something like 14 mislynches in a row.

(3) Don't berate yourselves, the town actually played a really solid game and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. So many times, you were on to us. In fact, at one point, tajo looked at a wagon, and declared that there had to be scum on it, and lo and behold, my name was there. That's when we decided to distract the town by sending a smattering of RPs on several players, including ourselves.

(4) The 6 RP maximum was a fiction invented to explain why the scum left me alive. We went through a lot of trouble coordinating the times of our rage points to make sure this myth wasn't busted by sloppy timing. Screwing that up meant my death, and a loss.

(5) I'm the only one that was on to Q21 being a SK, in thread, and in QT. A player that could accumulate "zeal points" and have tons of HP? Had I been town, I would have belabored the issue, but since I knew we could kill him, and everyone believed him when he declared me to be town, I was happy to say no more of my SK theory. It also helped immensely that the order of player lynches had us dead last. I can't believe the remaining townies weren't suspicious of him after his plan lead to still more mislynches. It was an excellent gambit by Q21, and I commend him for it.

(6) What crippled the town was the speed of the lynches (which gave us RPs and 48 hours daytalk, daytalk being the smart scum's most powerful weapon), and the taboo about heals. I was biting my nails that we'd get caught administering the exact number of RPs required to hasten a player's death, only for that player to be confirmed town if a player healed in the intervening time. Slow lynches and heals were bad for the scum, and we really dreaded them both.

(7) Nuwen was great with the numbers game, and a ruthless player at that. Giuseppe played the gentle townie for a long time, and Yosarian, who replaced him, was very focused on the task, which was more mislynches or we auto-lose.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:16 am

Juls wrote:Whoever said it before, I agree, I think this game was lost because of aggressive players on both town and scum sides. If this igame had been played at a normal pace I think more (including me) could have got more involved. Instead it was in turbo mode the whole friggin time.
You're absolutely correct! However, as soon as you Kuato'd ABR, you became a free lunch, i.e., a mislynch that I would have wholeheartedly supported as a townie.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 am

Tenchi wrote:After Question 8, I was frustrated and logged out. When I came back, I was dead.
Flay sounds like a practiced politician in those answers, haha.

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:21 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

roflcopter wrote:most frustrating game
ever
qft

In a good way though, lol. It was a lot of fun playing and reading along. I really do agree with those who wrote Town imploded on ourselves. I think there were several lynchs which should have never happened. I made a huge mistake by tunneling on xyl, and believing Nuwen was Town. Well played scum! I had no clue who was scum until the final days and even then I was still sure YOS and DGB were Town.

@Tajo - Sorry to hear you had to go to the hospital and hope you are feeling better. :)

@Mr. Flay - Thanks very much for putting this game together. It was a lot of fun, a very interesting concept, and extremely well run.

It was a lot of fun playing with everyone in this game! :)
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am

Post by Juls »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Juls wrote:Whoever said it before, I agree, I think this game was lost because of aggressive players on both town and scum sides. If this igame had been played at a normal pace I think more (including me) could have got more involved. Instead it was in turbo mode the whole friggin time.
You're absolutely correct! However, as soon as you Kuato'd ABR, you became a free lunch, i.e., a mislynch that I would have wholeheartedly supported as a townie.
There was nothing else I could have done. I still think it was a protown decision. Better to use my hurts than lose them. I knew I could check in every 24 hours to do that much. I felt replacing out would have been impossible for the replacer and losing 1 point would have sucked to boot. I was really disappointed. I wanted to play this game because I had played it during marathon (as scum) and had a lot of fun with it. I had no idea it would be this fast and crazy.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The town self-destructed itself by going after the wrong players every time until it was too late.

Nuwen was obvscum but she was a seraph so no one wanted to fuck with her, and DGB would have gone down if Seraphim and Xyl didn't protect her so much.

The problem was that I kept picturing DGB in the QT saying "DONT DISTANCE DONT DISTANCE" so every time someone agreed with DGB I thought they were scum lol
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:24 am

Post by The Fonz »

Bah. I had Nuwen as scum, but Rofl's constant hurting of townies forced me to hedge my bets on that one.

Well played to DGB, who is the one scum player i never really suspected.

I made the cardinal sin in this game of allowing Seraphim's (incredibly surprising, to me) town flip to make me completely lose faith in hurting town as a scumtell. After that, i started thinking one of the most active players must be some kind of shadowy, mr. big figure pulling the strings behind the scenes.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh, and i need to listen to Tajo less.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:26 am

Juls wrote:There was nothing else I could have done.
I would have screamed for your lynch as town. Ostentatiously piggybacking another player = not a good idea. You should have faked it, you would have been harder to lynch. Next time! ;-)

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Juls wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
There was nothing else I could have done. I still think it was a protown decision. Better to use my hurts than lose them. I knew I could check in every 24 hours to do that much. I felt replacing out would have been impossible for the replacer and losing 1 point would have sucked to boot. I was really disappointed. I wanted to play this game because I had played it during marathon (as scum) and had a lot of fun with it. I had no idea it would be this fast and crazy.
I completely disagreed with Juls lynch as a Townie. Her comment to me read like this...

1). "I really respect ABR's opinion and I am gonna follow his lead if I agree with what he is doing"...

NOT

2). Literally, "I am going to hurt/heal as ABR does without question."

I think it would be a little to obvious for scum to claim their team like that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think every townie can point to 3-4 town deaths they'd never have supported, and was on at least 2-3 town deaths someone else in the town would never have supported.

So was Q21 an SK, or what?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 am

I couldn't go after dgb because Fonz of all people was defending her lol

She gave off so many red flags to me, like "oh scum can daytalk? really?", when she's the first to point that out as town.

Nuwen was obvscum because of the opportunistic timing of her claim and her killing of Walt. I mean why didn't anyone build a case on her lol

Giuseppe is the only one that remained well hidden behind the drove of people that suspected me.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

When did I defend DGB, Albert?

At one point I had Seraph-Xyl-DGB as a scumgroup. Once Seraph went down, though, both the others no longer looked scummy to me. The Xyl kill was scummy as f***.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:39 am

WHERE DID YOU DEFEND DGB? OMG. IF NOT FOR YOU I WOULD HAVE HURT HER EVERY DAY YOU KNOW.

Anyway.

From page 35 until late-game my play sucked because everyone was just attacking me for being anti-town or some such bullshit. I felt really hurt when Weyouns attacked me out of nowhere. That disgusted me from the game.

Honestly I think I would have done a better job if I had an alt.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”