Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:11 am

Post by Family:Kostic »

Nevertheless, why disreguard BV from such a list?

He may not have a vote on him but there is no proof that he is not Mafia..
Anyone can claim to be anything, it doesn't mean they are..
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:41 am

Post by qwints »

Family:Kostic wrote: The way I see it, Mufasa has been overly keen throughout the entire process of getting himself into a game, posting a new thread looking for a new game and 'thanking' the mod for placing him in a game and starting it the next day.

In game he has:
Attempted to stimulate non-game relevant conversation.
Suggested Gabe was cop.
Played the newbie card on numerous occasions.
Voted & unvoted very erratically.

Other than these over-enthusiastic actions, what else makes Mufasa such 'obvious' scum? I cant't see it.
Here you chalk up all Mufasa's scummy behavior to being "over-enthusiastic" and say you don't see why he is obvious scum. That is quite different from affirmatively saying that he is very scummy then noting that it's possible that this is inexperience. Note that I have consistently been willing to lynch Mufasa.

You are quite right to use hohum's actions against me. But that doesn't mean that I am able to explain his motivations.

@Walnut, you didn't direct the question of qwints or Family:Kostic to me. Obviously I think Family is more scummy. Feel free to correct the description of the case against me, but it's not enough to simply qualify my arguments as "less than solid" without saying what's wrong with them. Lastly, since the deadline is now less than one week away, it's fairly obvious that I am trying to find a consensus lynch. That's what you do when you're at a deadline. Since I think the most likely scum-pairing right now is Family-Mufasa, I'm fine with a lynch of either.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count:

Mufasa 2 votes: (Gabe, Kison)
Kison 1 vote: (Mufasa)
qwints 2 vote: (Walnut, Family:Kostic)
Family:Kostic 1 vote: (qwints)
Gabe 1 vote: (Bladewing Vorox)

Not voting:

With 7 players it takes 4 to lynch
Deadline is April 13th, 12:22pm PST
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Gabe »

Walnut wrote:Kison, Gabe, Mufasa- do you think qwints or Family:Kostic seems more scummy, and why?
Currently, I'm not sure who I find more scummy, FK or qwints. Hohum was a quiet player, which can be a anti-town style of play. Opposite, I've always had suspicions of FK, but I can't hold it against him that he thinks Mufasa is 'over-enthusiastic', because I thought the exact same thing previously.

It would be a big red arrow for me if Mufasa turned up scum. With the deadline approaching, I suggest a lynch of Mufasa. When he turns up scum, we'll know that FK is probably his partner, and that's a great starting point. We have to be careful about this, though. Mislynch at this point, and we have a three town vs two scum situation.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:52 am

Post by qwints »

Gabe wrote: It would be a big red arrow for me if Mufasa turned up scum. With the deadline approaching, I suggest a lynch of Mufasa. When he turns up scum, we'll know that FK is probably his partner, and that's a great starting point. We have to be careful about this, though. Mislynch at this point, and we have a three town vs two scum situation.
I like this plan. Mufasa has been quite scummy and his link with Family is quite clear.

unvote, vote Mufasa
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Attention please Qwints: You seemed to avoid my last post most carefully, reason to avoid it? You're predecessor was most deffinitely scummy and you don't get a new role when replacing therefore you have inherited that role of scummy. I wouldn't mind FK going home either frankly, however, I believe that you are the scummiest and should be lynched based on who I truly believe is scum. That is you.

That is why I must Stand up and
unvote, vote: Qwints
There is pretty much no other person than BV and Spinach that played as quiet as Hohum. You my sir are deff scum.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by qwints »

I think I've already explained my position - it's completely legitimate to look at hohum's actions when you're evaluating me, but I can't explain why hohum did what he did.

Mufasa's latest action makes me pretty sure he's scum. He went silent when the attention went away from him and comes back with an OMGUS vote when pressured. It looks like scum trying to avoid attention.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Mufasa »

how was it OMGUS I stated many times before I wanted to vote for hohum and yourself, it just so happens you voted for me first
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 pm

BV must be very careful now, if he changes his vote from Gabe to either Mufasa or Qwints a Lynch will immediately proceed. The murder weapon is now literally in your hands BV.

Having previously voted Mufasa and Hohum respectively with his 2 previous votes it is anyones guess who, if any, his vote will go towards.

To everybody else, if you have any doubt in the current vote you hold then now would be the best time to review that decision to be sure that you would still be happy with lynching that person.

Having said that, a quick vote jump by anyone else that causes a miss-lynch now would not look good for that person at all.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Lets see what the doctors remedy is.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Post by Gabe »

We can be certain of the following: one or more of the people voting for qwints or Mufasa are scum. Mufasa is acting jumpy, and I'm starting to wonder whether I'm comfortable just handing BV the murder weapon like this.

That being said, I'm watching you, BV.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 pm

qwints wrote:
Family:Kostic wrote: The way I see it, Mufasa has been overly keen throughout the entire process of getting himself into a game, posting a new thread looking for a new game and 'thanking' the mod for placing him in a game and starting it the next day.

In game he has:
Attempted to stimulate non-game relevant conversation.
Suggested Gabe was cop.
Played the newbie card on numerous occasions.
Voted & unvoted very erratically.

Other than these over-enthusiastic actions, what else makes Mufasa such 'obvious' scum? I cant't see it.
Here you chalk up all Mufasa's scummy behavior to being "over-enthusiastic" and say you don't see why he is obvious scum. That is quite different from affirmatively saying that he is very scummy then noting that it's possible that this is inexperience. Note that I have consistently been willing to lynch Mufasa.
Gabe wrote: I suggest a lynch of Mufasa. When he turns up scum, we'll know that FK is probably his partner
Having you and Qwints say a similar things tells me that if Mufasa is infact mafia, I will have a lot to answer for..

Defending Mufasa as I have seems to have gotten me into this precarious position that I am in but all I was doing was saying that I did see his scummy actions as over-enthusiastic and there were scummier actions by players occuring at the time that were being ignored by players.
I never once said that I didn't think he was scummy and still have him high on my possible scum list, equal second with BV in fact. Also, would be willing to lynch him if there weren't more scummy candidates IMO still in the game.

Most to least scummy IMO.
1. Qwints/Hohum.
2. BV & Mufasa.
3. Kison/Neko & Spinach/Walnut.
4. Gabe.

I'm sure I am not the only one that has thought that Mufasa's scummy behaviour was down to over-enthusiasticness or someting of the nature though, as Gabe has said.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by qwints »

Family, it seems clear that the only one you would lynch over mufasa today is me. Surely you're not suggesting that BV is a possible lynch today.

I'll also repeat my earlier statement that I will claim if someone not voting for me asks. I suggest mufasa follow the same policy.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm

qwints wrote:Family, it seems clear that the only one you would lynch over mufasa today is me. Surely you're not suggesting that BV is a possible lynch today.
Yes, I do feel that BV should be in concideration for a possible lynch, he may have claimed but his play has not displayed enough convincing scum-hunting..
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Anyway Qwints, What, besides the doc claim, makes you so confident that BV is not scum so much to not include him in your player scum evaluation?

You avoided this question once already.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Post by qwints »

Because he had no votes on him and no one is seriously talking about lynching BV today. Furthermore, I don't see the point in spending time evaluating him when the biggest factor in whether he is scum or not will occur tonight - i.e. whether he will be nk'd.

I came in after BV claimed, so he's a player that I didn't feel the need to spend a lot of time evaluating. Either he's dead tomorrow or he's not. The latter case isn't dispositive, but will certainly require more detailed evaluation. For what it's worth, I think he's got a lot of posts with little to no content with stretches that can be characterized as active lurking. He certainly could be scum.

Here's a question for you Family:
Do you think a BV/mufasa pairing is possible?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 pm

qwints wrote:Here's a question for you Family:
Do you think a BV/mufasa pairing is possible?
It certainly is a possibility, I am willing to unvote for the time being and see if i can find any eveidence to support this if you are prepared to do the same?

I will be away for about 2 hours from now though.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by Walnut »

To me, the link from Mufasa to FK is not that solid. With no offense intended to Mufasa, he has piled up enough scumtells that the chances of his partner cutting him loose are pretty high, so any of the people (voting for him or not) could be his partner.

That said, Mufasa, I would like you to claim please.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Vanilla Role PM wrote:
You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Claim: Vanilla Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 am

UNVOTE

Did you get that directly from you personal messages Mufasa?

Because that is not how the common townie is described in this game..
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

I'm feeling watched. :roll:
I'm getting tired of this day and I think me voting so soon for Gabe was an error because my reasons of suspecting him were stupid. This said, I'm going to
unvote
but I'm not going to vote against Mufasa even though I really want to end this day. I still think of him as an eager player and not as someone scummy.
Another reason for me not voting for him is that I protected him during Night 1 and I'll find stupid voting for someone you protected whithout thinking he may be a scum.

Some of you may think that me not voting for Mufasa may be a sign of me and Mufasa being the two scums but I repeat that I am the
Doctor
whether you believe this claim or not.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Gabe »

Mufasa wrote:Vanilla Role PM wrote:
You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no special powers. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Claim: Vanilla Townie
Ok, that isn't right. The actual role PM for townies is much different. Further, you are trying to pass the role PM that you posted as a quote. Explain.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Gabe »

Bladewing Vorox wrote:Some of you may think that me not voting for Mufasa may be a sign of me and Mufasa being the two scums but I repeat that I am the
Doctor
whether you believe this claim or not.
We'll see. From your play so far, I think you're pro-town, and I don't see why the pro-town player would lie about something like that, unless protecting the real doctor.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:18 am

Post by qwints »

farside22 wrote:
Game Rules:

Gameplay:

You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
We've now got two fairly big issues:

1) Mufasa clearly violated rule 1 of the rules by "quoting" the pm. NO ONE ELSE CORRECT HIM BY QUOTING THE ACTUAL VANILLA PM. Quoting mod pms is a mod-killable offense.

2) Assuming Mufasa intended to quote a vanilla pm, he just made an absolutely idiotic lie. The vanilla pm is available in the mod's opening post.

We need a ruling from the mod on Mufasa's post and Mufasa's explanation about his transparent lie before we move on.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Mufasa »

I got that from another thread I thought it was common in all games, further more it was not a direct copy from any mod role message, it came from another thread on this forum. Srry for the confusion.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”