Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:19 am

Post by hasdgfas »

so, it is my turn to claim, I believe.

I am SlySly, Mirth's Best Friend.
Each night I get to investigate someone. Night 1 I got that Isaac kills kittens and Night 2 I found out that kittens love imaginality.

I also am bored of only having one friend, so each night I choose another player and they might agree to be friends with me.
Night 1 I chose elvis_knits(I was thinking yesterday that this was possibly what silenced me, and her flipping scum made it still seem likely), and night 2 I picked SlySly(haha, trying to become friends with myself)

Votecount

Not Voting - 586 - [Des, Sly, Has, Plum, Kmd, Imaginality]
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by destructor »

Sly, is there anytink else about joor role joo haf to claim?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 am

Post by SlySly »

Mirth is truly evil for making me, her best friend, a role in this game!!! Now I can see why cow thinks his role is so damn awesome!!!! I may have more to comment on about this after the claims are over, but I will keep my thoughts to myself for the moment. :)

@des - There is nothing else I can say about my role.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Plum »

Mod: I'll be V/LA Wednesday through Saturday evening; among other things, I'll be drinking the sort of wine you wouldn't sell me.

Enjoy Passover. And as far as I'm concerned, still no wine for you from me. You can have grape juice.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Plum wrote:
Mod: I'll be V/LA Wednesday through Saturday evening; among other things, I'll be drinking the sort of wine you wouldn't sell me.
פֶּסַח

You are dead, dahill. Dead people can't talk. That means no posting until the game is over. Kthnxbai
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by imaginality »

Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi

Te sun, sã-ti spun, ce simt, acum
Alo, iubirea mea sunt eu, fericirea
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by destructor »

I am Fanya Baron, a Russian anarchizt revolushonary. I reject ze system and their elecshons. I vil vote for who I vant ven I vant. I am olzo supportink 'armed stroggle' and as soch, I may personally attempt to assassinate ze enemy. I am a vigilante. On ze first night, I killed des-Khan. On ze second I killed elvis.

I haf been weighink up ze merit of claiming ze rest of my role. It is, as Glork alluded to before me, somthink that is beneficial to ze town, bot only ven it is unknown. Once I claim it, it's effect vill be negated. I vud ask all of joo to decide. If joo beleev enoff that I am town, then I vil leev my claim at that vor now. Bot if joo vant to know, I vil claim it. I vil definitely claim it if I am alive tomorrow.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:08 am

Post by imaginality »

I vud verry verry muzjch like to know ze rrrest of your claim immediately.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 am

Post by hasdgfas »

imaginality wrote:I vud verry verry muzjch like to know ze rrrest of your claim immediately.
Not quite yet you kitten-lover. Are we done with claims yet?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:49 am

Post by imaginality »

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea

Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
Dar sa stii, nu-ti cer nimic
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Plum »

dahill1 wrote:
Plum wrote:
פֶּסַח
You know it, Dahill.

I'm mostly inclined to believe Des' claim and therefore would prefer that he not claim the rest of his role.

Anyway, I'm up. I'm the Raven, from Edgar Allen Poe's poem of the same name. What I like best is to sulk and caw around places where the mood is rather dreary, like where people are dead or mourning. Every night I target a player; if he/she has a hand in any death that night, I follow so I can hang out there - basically, I'm told if the player had a hand in any deaths that night (so I'd get a positive on a killing Vig but not on a Mafia member who didn't perform the kill action). Night 1 I targeted SlySly, who didn't kill anyone. Night 2 I targeted EK but got roleblocked - I was told that my action could not go through. If EK was telling the truth about her lady-love search action being roleblocked Night 1, this would seem indicate that Kmd's actions caused us both to be roleblocked; we both got roleblocked when he searched us for gnomes. Also,
if
EK was totally roleblocked N1 and none of her actions could go through, another Mafia member made the kill, and Sly can't be that other Mafia member.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hmm.

Lookink fruh zees claims and rrreveals, we haf fife claimed/known inveztigation rroles, of varyink degrizz of usefulishness, yes?

(italics = dead)

desv1 = cop

Plum = sort-of-tracker (knows if tarrrget kills someone)
imaginality = thief (rrrole-cop of sorts)
Kmd = cop (but insane or paranoid)
hascow = cattitude investigator (possibly irrrrelevant)

Ve also haf:

SlySly = invinzible (at least for X days/nights)
Glorkdes = vig + ?
Kmd = Gnome-hunter (pozzible rroleblocker)
Isaac = veak doc

hascow = tries to be makingk friends (perrrhaps had potential to be mason-lover vif EK?)
imaginality = vampyr
dahill - lyncher

caf - survivor

Plum's point about elvis suyezts ve haf firrrd scum, vhich arrrgues zecond killer is more likely vig razzer zan SK.

But.

I am zinkink...

Vif sssoo many investigatif rrroles, an invincible townie and ozzer usevul town powers, and beink bastard mod game, ve could haf an SK too.

I am zinkink zis, and ze reason I am zinkink zis?

I found a chesssboarrrd vhen I rrrobbed Glork-des last night.

Yes, I hear your undervhelmed zighs of apathy. You found a chezboarrd, zo vhat?

Vell, it ssseems to me, Tanya Baron vas not apparrrently ezpezially keen on chess.

And please be notink, I zpezivikly found a
chessboard
, not a
chess set
, yes? Vhich I zink is anozzer small point tovards Glorkdes being zis guy, Alexander Pichushkin.

One lasst fing:
news article wrote:He lured his victims with the promise of alcohol and, after getting them drunk on vodka, he beat them to death and dumped their bodies in the park.
Glork wrote:Vood joo loik som vodka?
I vud razzer not, fangs.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 am

Post by destructor »

imaginality, vy on earth vud
anyvon
bredcrom SK? I do not know vat else joo are tryink to impy vith zat quote.

As vor ze rest ov it, I caynot imagine vy joo vud be receevink a chessbord vrom me. I am vonderink ebout how joo came to find ze informashon on Pichushkin.

I am vaitink for input vrom Sly and Kmd as to my claim and ve can go vrom zere.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Plum, I never even considered that about gnomes, but you may be right. I'm going to treat it as a RB from now on.

Des's rejecting the system thing sounds more anti-town than protown. It's very possible that he's SK making kills a vig would make to set up the vig claim.

Imaginality, how did you find the information on this Alexander Pichushkin guy.
destructor wrote:imaginality, vy on earth vud
anyvon
bredcrom SK?
I can see him doing it and not expecting anyone will find the information.

The way I see it, we have one of two scenarios:
A) Imaginality somehow found all of this information and his findings along with the chess board are incriminating evidence that Des fakeclaimed a character.
B) Imaginality is lying about the chess board.

So basically, Des or Imaginality is probably scum, if not both. I'd like to hear why Imaginality knows about this chess guy before I make a decision.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

Post by imaginality »

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Plum »

Can I do you a filler post before I go away to Matzah Land, Imaginality?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 am

Post by imaginality »

Fanks, Plum. Happy holidayz.
destructor wrote:imaginality, vy on earth vud anyvon bredcrom SK? I do not know vat else joo are tryink to impy vith zat quote.
I mentioned it mosstly for humour value. Ze kvote itzelf vas maybe merely coinzidenz - but then again can imagine Glork as SK posting somethink like that -
not
to brrreadcrrrumb SK (as you say zat vud be dumb), yust as a yoke. After all hiz/your aczent is fairrly obviozly Russsian, zo offerrink vodka iss in no vay incriminating, but vud be amuzingk from his/your perrrzpectif.

Ze qvote is irrelevant zo, ze chessboard (and now your denial of it) and its contrrrast vif your rrole iss ze key here.
destructor wrote:I am vonderink ebout how joo came to find ze informashon on Pichushkin.
Kmd wrote:Imaginality, how did you find the information on this Alexander Pichushkin guy.
It vas vairrrly vell-rreported at ze time, and I tend to remember zis sssort of fink.

I had no zuzpizion of Glorkdes beingk zis perzon at first, zo. Efen vhen I found a chesssboarrrd, meh, so vhat, vas pozzible he vas a famuz Russian chess player or zumfink. So I had to vait for rrroleclaim and see if it explained ze chessboard.

Zen he claimed. And I googled 'Fanya Baron' and vhat I found didn't zeem to fit vif ze chesssboard (given Isaac's pouch, I belief I find items rrelevant to ze player's charrracter, not yust rrrandom stuff, so I belief chessboard is also rrelevant to Glorkdes's rrole, razzer zan he yust happens to like chess).

And zat is vhen I rrremembered about zerrrial killer. To rremind myself and sshow all of you who I haf in mind, I googled "Russian chess killer" to get ze articles about him. (As you can see zere vas good media coverage of zis killer.)

I agrrree vif Kmd zat eizzer I am lyingk or Des is fake-claiming. I am happy to anzer vhatever qvestions vill help people decide vhere zey stand on zis.

Obviously I know vhere I stand, now zat destructor has flat-out denied a connection to chessboarrd (zere vas a rremainink pozibility it rrrelated to ze 'unclaimed parrt' of his rrrole, vhich is vhy I did not vote him in my prrrevious post, but now zat has been rruled out).

Vote: destructor

On a differrrent but imporrrtant qvestion: SlySly, you said you think a mislynch today could be 'dizaztrrus'. Vif your mention of gettink old, I am vunderink if zazqvatch vill die naturral death tonight maybe. Because zen I can see, mislynch townie = 5 left, Sly dies in ze night = 4 left, vig/SK kill + maf kill = 2 left and ve lose.

Is zat vhy a mizlynch vud be so bad? I apprreziate you may not be able to anzer zis dirrectly, but any hints vud be uzeful.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by destructor »

Ze way I am seeink things:
imaginiality is town - he is havink sanity issues or ze items he receives are misleedink or random (bastard mod)
imaginilaity is schomz - he is lyink ebout his "theef" ability.

I beleev it may haf been obvious to many zay i vud claim vig. Can ozzers comment on zis vor me?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:01 am

Post by SlySly »

RL issues have come to a head. I will catch up this weekend. Posted in both of my games...
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:29 am

Post by hasdgfas »

destructor wrote:Ze way I am seeink things:
imaginiality is town - he is havink sanity issues or ze items he receives are misleedink or random (bastard mod)

I beleev it may haf been obvious to many zay i vud claim vig. Can ozzers comment on zis vor me?
I could've guessed, but that's not the only thing I might've guessed.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 am

Post by SlySly »

Here are some things on my mind:

1. I have never been in a game with more than one cop. However, this is a Mirth game and I am not saying Kmd is lying; it just bothers me.

2. imaginality is a vampire. imaginality's skills in perception are quite notable. The nature of a vampire is similar to that of Mirth's sense of humor; pure evil.

3. In Alcoholic's Anonymous Mafia, Mirth and I were masons together. Part of the flavor in my role PM in that game specified that Mirth was my 'best friend'. At one point in the game, I attempted to clear Mirth as town because she was my best friend. Though we were masons together, it turned out that Mirth was scum and I was town.

unvote
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Plum »

Some things on Plum's mind:

- Unless EK was lying about being RB'd, or wasn't fully RB'd or whatever, there's a third Mafia member out there who isn't SlySly.

- If additionally we had an SK, the setup would be 3:1:1:1:6, with the Town not even being the majority at the beginning of the game. Possible? Yes, but is it balanced? Possibly. Do I think it's the more likely case, based on that alone? No.

- Imaginality presents the difficulties posed by his claimed chessboard thievery as such that either he or Des must be lying scum, and votes Des.
GlorkDes wrote:Ze way I am seeink things:
So, Des, which of the possibilities do you think is more likely?
Additionally, what can we gather from the fact that Imaginality was fairly willing to go into a 'one of us must be lying scum' scenario whereas Des hasn't even come to a conclusion? I'm not sure myself. Des, Imaginality seems quite convinced that his stolen items aren't random, that he's a semi-viable flavor-Cop. Why do you still believe it's a fair possibility that the claimed chessboard was random?

- I was pretty sure that Des would claim Vig. This doesn't preclude DesSK.

- Flavor seems fairly random in this game - Don Quixote Godfather, for instance. Real-life SK as game SK would be out of left field. It would appear, additionally, that scum and third-party roles either don't have fakeclaims for rolenames or that use thereof is generally not urgently necessary. I realize I'm playing with elements of mod-WIFOM, but my gut is wondering whether that sort of thing makes any sense.

- Des' claim accounts for lack of voting ability. Imaginality's theory does not.

@ Sly - you didn't answer Imaginality's question. Did you not do so because you cannot? Also, did you even have a vote anywhere - you unvoted - ? Also, when you suggested the massclai, you said you had reason to believe we have only one scum left. Can you elaborate on why, and how strongly you believe this is the case?

Apologies for disorganization. Want to read both players in isolation, but it's late.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by destructor »

Plum wrote:- Imaginality presents the difficulties posed by his claimed chessboard thievery as such that either he or Des must be lying scum, and votes Des.

So, Des, which of the possibilities do you think is more likely?
Additionally, what can we gather from the fact that Imaginality was fairly willing to go into a 'one of us must be lying scum' scenario whereas Des hasn't even come to a conclusion? I'm not sure myself. Des, Imaginality seems quite convinced that his stolen items aren't random, that he's a semi-viable flavor-Cop. Why do you still believe it's a fair possibility that the claimed chessboard was random?
I haf been ponderink about ze posibilities. I am actually takink imaginality's presentashon of ze results as slight town tells at ze momont.

There is ze possibility zat imaginality is schomz with a misleedink or random ability I did not list before. It certainly possible that he, as town or schomz, may beleev that he has caught a serial killer.

I asked ebout ze predictability of my vig claim becoz I voz considerink ze possibiilty that imaginality had set himself up to claim an incriminatink result on me. However, as I tink ebout it, I beleev lyink ebout havink a theef ability at this point in ze game as schomz seems counterintuitive unless he is plannnk to bloff himself out of ze lynch tomorrow. This has somethink to do vith me seeink zis claim as a minor town tell. I haf not seen imaginality play before, but if he confident as schomz, then then I vud not be seeink thinks ze same way.

As soch, my attenshon is movink back tovards hazcow and Kmd. I am goink to need to get those rereeds don.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Post by imaginality »

Vrei sa pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi

Vrei sã pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei!
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Plum wrote:- Unless EK was lying about being RB'd, or wasn't fully RB'd or whatever, there's a third Mafia member out there who isn't SlySly.
Plum, EK was scum. Unless one of us RB's without knowing it, we can be pretty sure she was lying about it.

I would also like to point out that both dahill and caf are in blue in the dead list(minus caf's were-llamaness), and blue appears to be reserved for town. As I have no clue what's going on with caf right now due to the were-llama thing, I'm going to take him out of the equation. However, until I see otherwise, I'm going to think, as strange as this sounds, that dahill was a town lyncher, because I don't see anything that leads me to believe otherwise. I believe I need to reread dahill, as I just had a thought and want to see if it makes any sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”