Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Adel wrote:Having an inventor in the setup handing item after item to the scum was pretty tragic.
We felt awful.

Here's the QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/LFknXZmSSDYm
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Adel »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Adel wrote:oh shit. I thought you guys (Kison+shaft.ed) were minutes away from cracking it for the win!

I had fun following this game.
Were you some alt??? Why were you following this game? Adel?
I reviewed it, and I track as many Deep South games as possible. I believe that Deep South + bankable deadlines is the best mechanics for fun & dynamic games.

What did you guys think of how RR broke the day up into phases?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Adel wrote:What did you guys think of how RR broke the day up into phases?
That worked nicely, it was nice having a game with deadlines and no downtime.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by charter »

Good job guys. Shame we mucked around so long that we lost.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by populartajo »

DGB and Skander are players Im not going to trust EVER, EVER in my life. Lurkers hurt this game, though.
Good game, people.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Adel wrote:Having an inventor in the setup handing item after item to the scum was pretty tragic.
We felt awful.
i cant blame her.
it become obvious dgb was scum when farside was killed before her, though.
Call me Tajo.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Kison »

shaft.ed wrote:damn it I totally had a DGB scum and Kison town read
QFTx100. This is the third game out of three that we've lost together while on the same team. We just weren't mean to be. :-)
Adel wrote:@Kison: did you notice any similarities between this game and Space Monkey Mafia II?
Both were chaotically fast-paced in the early stages. Both also had an element of surprise in the sense that some of the actions were timed unpredictably. Although I didn't get that as much in Space Monkeys because half of the time, we were controlling those kills, I could definitely see it here - I didn't exactly expect to hit the watched topics link to see that farside was the last poster in the game. You don't get that so much in the traditional Mafia game because you either have a good idea of when a lynch will occur, or you know to expect the night to cycle to day. In these games, you don't always know, which adds a very nice spicy dynamic without requiring funky roles.

Good game everyone!
Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Skander »

Not so happy with my play here. I started off good but then the game hit some slow pockets where no one would post and I kind of lost interest and lurked around - something I almost never do. I was going to answer the last round of questions but I knew the game was over anyway.

For the record I didn't post anything about what farside gave me because she gave me a track that wouldn't resolve until end of day.

I think me and DGB got too confidant toward the end, and you guys almost caught us for it. I think if the kill had been delayed a couple of hours you guys would have won.

Good game by everyone. I found everyone to be enjoyable to play with, with the notable exception of ABR. He pulled the miller gambit without warning us and then proceeded to threaten us with lynches should we not comply with his plans. Luckily the mod let us prevail and in the end it all turned out nicely letting me and DGB come out smelling like roses after the ABR death.

Overall it was pretty fun except when I lost interest due to no one posting and stuff. It was also different than what I'm used to so that's something I had to get into.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by roflcopter »

well damn. good game guys. i think i was a bit too obvious about catching abr in a lie.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by roflcopter »

dgb in the scum qt wrote:If you like unsuspecting, what about roflcopter?
how could you? *pout*
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Raging Rabbit wrote:Inventor-farside sent Skander an extra vig kill.
facepalm

well at least I kept my perfect replacement record intact
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by roflcopter »

inventor farside also sent me a doc protection kit when i knew the kill was heading straight for my head.
soi soi soi

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Oh and I finally got to play a game with roflocopter, so there's always a bright side.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

roflcopter wrote:inventor farside also sent me a doc protection kit when i knew the kill was heading straight for my head.

Yay should have made you a vig but didn't know what would happen till too late.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 am

Post by Kison »

farside22 wrote:and the fact that no one freaking asked how DGB received an item watched me and got no results just pisses me off.
Skander having an item that needed to be used today was why I assumed she had received an item at an earlier date and therefore already used it. It wasn't until I made my last post that I realized you had asked her to use her item today, hence the question.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

I wish shaft had been here when I was. This game hurt with town lurking. :(
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think I had the most fun playing this game, out of everything I've ever played. I definitely thought I was going to die the first day since I was being so aggressive/obnoxious. So that just made me post as much as was humanly possible until I got killed. Reading the QT is funny because the team agreed to kill me the first real-life day. I had some suspicions on the right people, skander and ABR a little, but I was fooled on DGB, and I wanted vollkan and malthusis dead. All in all, not sure they should have been scared of me. But it was fun to go out on a high note!

Player list here was insanely fun. Active fun people to play with.

Good game all.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:I think I had the most fun playing this game, out of everything I've ever played. I definitely thought I was going to die the first day since I was being so aggressive/obnoxious. So that just made me post as much as was humanly possible until I got killed. Reading the QT is funny because the team agreed to kill me the first real-life day (although they changed their mind a few times). I had some suspicions on the right people, skander and ABR a little, but I was fooled on DGB, and I wanted vollkan and malthusis dead. All in all, not sure they should have been scared of me. But it was fun to go out on a high note!

Player list here was insanely fun. Active fun people to play with.

Good game all.

Reading more of the scum thread is funny. ABR is so wrong on so many things... and is such a pompous pain in the ass. No wonder you guys bussed him hard...
Rampage wrote:Please operate from the premise that I will live a very long, healthy life. I know what I'm doing.
Good times.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Dammit I thought I was editing myself there...
Talk nerdy to me.

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I'd like to congratulate everyone for a very good game, especially the victorious DGB and Skander who played a great team game and made some awesome use of the QT.

Setup:
Skander - You are the
mafia godfather
. Along with your buddies x and y, you seek to take over the town and secure a reign of nastiness. Since you're The Godfather and you rule, you are immune to cop investigations. Use *this* forum to talk.

Once per game day, your team may choose to kill one of the town players. PM me the name of the player you want killed along with whoever of you makes the action.

You win when the town will inevitably be eliminated.

ABR - You are a
mafia goon
. Along with your buddies x and y, you seek to take over the town and secure a reign of nastiness. Use *this* forum to talk.

Once per game day, your team may choose to kill one of the town players. PM me the name of the player you want killed along with whoever of you performs the action.

DGB - You are a
mafia roleblocker
. Along with your buddies x and y, you seek to take over the town and secure a reign of nastiness. Use *this* forum to talk.

Once per game day, your team may choose to kill one of the town players. PM me the name of the player you want killed along with whoever of you makes the action.

As a roleblocker, you may also once per day PM me the name of a player you wish to block. Any action that player takes from that instance on will be cancelled. You may not perform the kill if you already roleblocked, and vice versa. Your targets will not be told they were blocked. Any investigative ability they may have will come back with no result.

neko - You are a
jailkeeper
. Once per game day, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to imprison. Any actions this player takes from that instance on, until the next day's morning, will be blocked, as well as any kill attempts targeting that player. Your targets will not be told they were blocked. Any investigative ability they may have will come back with no result.

You win when all anti town forces have been eliminated.

farside - You are an
inventor
. Once per game day, you may choose to give another player one of your inventions. Once he receives it, that player will be able to use your invention whenever he wants, in addition to any other actions he may have. If your target is killed before receiving your invention, it will still be lost.

Your inventions (1 use each):
Laser gun - 1 shot vig
Titanium armor - 1 shot protect
Gadgety spyglasses - 1 shot track
Camouflage kit - 1 shot watch

rofl - You are a
door to door salesman
. Once per game day, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to check on and see if he's still in his house. If you choose to do this during the morning phase, you'll be told whether or not he performed an action during that phase. If you do it at any later time, you'll be told if that player performed an action at any time during that game day prior to when you sent your PM.

Korts - You are a
detective
. Once per game day, you may PM the name of a player you wish to investigate. You can either follow that person around and track him (find out about anyone that person targeted from the point you submitted your choice onwards, until the end of day), or break into his house and search for signs of recent activity (find about who that player was targeted by from the start of day until the time you submitted your action), but not both. You must decide which of the two you prefer when you submit your action. If you decide to track, you'll receive results at the end of the day. If you decide to search, you'll receive the results instantly. You may not, of course, target dead people.

charter - You are a
commuter
. Once per game day, you may choose to commute, making yourself immune to any kills from that point on, for the duration of the day. However, commuting on a given day means you cannot commute on the following day. If you choose to commute during the morning phase, you'll be immune to any kill attempts made against you for the duration of that day. If you choose to commute past that phase, you'll be immune to any kills made against you for the remainder of the day, as well as the following morning.

Kison, Shaft.ed, tajo and elvis - You are a
vanilla townie
. Everyone's special, but you don't stand out that much.

The basic idea was to play around with the mechanic some but still stay close to a normal game, so my more exotic ideas were rejected. I also did not want the power roles to always be best off using their ability as early as possible, so many of the roles are intended to create a dillema on whether to use your power in the morning phase or save it for later.

I think the morning thing worked out beautifuly, and is the best way to play Deep South.

Big thanks to Adel for reviewing the setup!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Just wanted to say that the wording of the vanilla townie PM made me believe I was the only vanilla townie in the game. I'm glad by the time I got into the game there were already dead vanilla townie :wink:

Also, yes to the new mechanics. They were very nice IMHO.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Anyone interested in night actions?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Raging Rabbit wrote:Anyone interested in night actions?
Yeah!

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Funny how I wrote night actions without a moment's thought.

D1:
charter commutes
farside sends one shot protect to rofl
DGB blocks elvis
After much debate, Skander forces ABR to kill elvis
Neko imprisones ABR, a day or so after the kill was submitted
rofl investigates ABR
Korts submits a search on rofl after the hammer, which doesn't work

D2:
Farside sends one shot watch to DGB
Skander kills rofl
DGB blocks neko
Tajo searches neko, finds out he was targeted by DGB

D3:
Tajo tracks DGB
Farside gives one shot track to Skander
charter commutes
DGB blocks vollkan
Skander kills Tajo

D4:
Farside submits the 1 shot vig to DGB, then asks if she can give it to Skander instead... I decide to allow it
DGB blocks Kison
Skander kills farside
Skander and DGB realize that vigging will win the game, and kill Shaft.ed
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 am

Post by populartajo »

I can understand why farside hasnt commented anything,...
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”