Mini 773- Welcome to Lynchville! Perfection! (Over)

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 am

Post by alexhans »

Vote ppp973
for trying to vote early to confuse things and then not voting anyone.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:17 am

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

Vote ppp973

You know your vote doesn't count right? :P
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 am

Post by alexhans »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Vote ppp973

It would be an excellent way to find out scum if it did...

Imagine
Scum 1 (1) ppp973
Scum2 (2) ppp973

I'd know who to lynch... :wink:
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Vote ppp973

ppp already had two votes for his behavior. Why did you feel the need to add a third on, for the exact same reasoning? Reeks of opportunism.

Vote: ChiefSkye4
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

Anyway, I'm gonna
unvote
my fake nonexistent vote and ....

[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by cateraction »

Third vote is opportunistic? Really? That's a stretch.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

cateraction wrote:Third vote is opportunistic? Really? That's a stretch.
I don't particularly believe so, when it's all on a single action. One or two votes is in my opinion warranted pressure, but it feels like another vote doesn't contribute anything that the first two didn't. In addition, I would like you to note the tone and content of each of these votes.
Archaist wrote:
Vote: ppp973
for making a useless "vote" that seems to be sucking up to the town.
alexhans wrote:
Vote ppp973
for trying to vote early to confuse things and then not voting anyone.
These two votes are based on legitimately "scumtells", and at the very least seem to be an attempt to draw information from the player, and seem to be non-random votes. Meanwhile, Chief's vote,
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Vote ppp973

While the first two votes were relatively serious and were to draw pressure and information, this vote is just... there. It doesn't particularly seem to be placed for any particular reason. (Yes, I know, RVS, but it's placed on a player that had already recieved pressure for his actions.) Thusly, in my opinion, it warranted some pressure via my vote.

Also, it's PAGE 2. Don't expect airtight cases.
LesterGroans wrote:Anyway, I'm gonna
unvote
my fake nonexistent vote and ....

Any particular reason for the vote?
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by LesterGroans »

No, not at this point ... I probably wouldn't have chose Chief if I knew that he had a vote on him(same post time), but I'm fine with it where it is for now. Pressure on a couple of players gives us more information.
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Vote Brian

I f*cking hate that damn raisin. Yes, I'm in a bad mood, go away.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by afatchic »

Your very first vote count, for the sake of having one near the top of every page…

ppp973-(3)- Archaist, alexhans, ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4-(2)-PieIsPopcorn, LesterGroans
alexhans-(1)-BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso-(1)-Light-kun

Not voting-(5)-ppp973, RedCoyote, cateraction, Cream147, Kublia Khan,

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Mod-Note: I will usually try to put the leading vote getter on top for your convenience. So when it gets close to deadline, the player on top gets lynched.

I didn’t put this in the Rules, so I’m about to go add it, but in the situation of a tie at deadline, the player who gets to that number first will be the one lynched.

ppp973 wrote:
Vote the mafia
You don't know how close i came to turning this into a self-vote for fun. I didn't figure that would be very nice of me to do, so i decided not to though. :D
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I have experience playing with ppp973. Voting for him is the best Day 1 action for town. :)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

Kublai Khan wrote:I have experience playing with ppp973. Voting for him is the best Day 1 action for town. :)
Looking at ppp's past game, I see your point. However, if you're for an early ppp bandwagon, why aren't you voting him?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote: Light-kun
for confusing the former 7-Up mascot Spot with a California Raisin.
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:26 am

Post by ppp973 »

Kublai Khan wrote:I have experience playing with ppp973. Voting for him is the best Day 1 action for town. :)
Kublai Khan I see I do not act correctly.

I wonder why to people act so differently from my mafia sites.

What gives?

So who's mafia.

Unvote, vote to lynch A mafiaso

Shessh I was kiddding, someone kept doing that one this sites I was playing at so I did it here :D
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:47 am

Post by alexhans »

cateraction wrote:Third vote is opportunistic? Really? That's a stretch.
I agree... I'm thinking that it fishes for reactions more than starts a bandwaggon... Who is gonna call him off for that...
PieIsPopcorn wrote: These two votes are based on legitimately "scumtells", and at the very least seem to be an attempt to draw information from the player, and seem to be non-random votes.
Wrong. My vote wasn't based on a scumtell. It's a random vote but I always give it a reason so we can maybe get a response.
PieIsPopcorn wrote: Also, it's PAGE 2. Don't expect airtight cases.
That's what I meant.
LesterGroans wrote:No, not at this point ... I probably wouldn't have chose Chief if I knew that he had a vote on him(same post time), but I'm fine with it where it is for now. Pressure on a couple of players gives us more information.
You wouldn't vote for someone who already has a vote? why? you think it can lead to a bandwaggon to fast or what
ppp973 wrote:

Shessh I was kiddding, someone kept doing that one this sites I was playing at so I did it here :D
Yeah... well... don't do it because I almost screamed when i saw your vote. A scream of annoyance.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Alexhans wrote:You wouldn't vote for someone who already has a vote? why? you think it can lead to a bandwaggon to fast or what
No, I don't think anyone this early is going to be lynched because of a bandwagon, but it was just an arbitrary vote and I probably would have chosen someone else if I knew there was a vote for him right above me anyway.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

PieIsPopcorn wrote:
Looking at ppp's past game, I see your point. However, if you're for an early ppp bandwagon, why aren't you voting him?
Because I'm not really sold on the utility of policy lynches. Plus I'm sure he's bound to dig himself into a hole sooner than later.

BTW - What's with the over-aggressive questioning during the random vote phase?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:01 am

Post by LesterGroans »

KublaiKhan wrote:BTW - What's with the over-aggressive questioning during the random vote phase?
I don't think there's a problem with it, it's really the only way we're going to get out of random stage.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:46 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

LesterGroans wrote:
KublaiKhan wrote:BTW - What's with the over-aggressive questioning during the random vote phase?
I don't think there's a problem with it, it's really the only way we're going to get out of random stage.
Yeah, but random stage is going to happen. Mind as well let people get it out of their system. Since PieIsPopcorn is starting the questioning in the opening 2 pages where people are still going to pop in with their random vote, all he accomplishes is sewing confusion and chaos into the opening procedures.

Better to let everyone show up, say their hellos, make their jokes, etc.., and then leap in with pointed questions. I just don't see the benefit in breaking with convention.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:50 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Kublai wrote:Yeah, but random stage is going to happen. Mind as well let people get it out of their system. Since PieIsPopcorn is starting the questioning in the opening 2 pages where people are still going to pop in with their random vote, all he accomplishes is sewing confusion and chaos into the opening procedures.

Better to let everyone show up, say their hellos, make their jokes, etc.., and then leap in with pointed questions. I just don't see the benefit in breaking with convention.
Fair enough, I just don't see why it matters. If I showed up and there was actual content to work with I wouldn't feel the need to throw in a jokevote, I'd actually comment on what was going on.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 am

Post by LesterGroans »

EDIT Generally I don't mind the random stage. Unless there is a reason to develop conversation as Alexhans seems to have given us. Now we can talk about stuff and don't need the random.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

<3 Red Coyote for having my back on Cool Spot.

While I find it silly to vote for ppp based on his joke to vote for "the mafia", I'd like it a lot more if he'd at least try to contribute. While random votes on people doesn't provide much useful information, it's still
something

@ Kublai: PieisPopcorn has a point. I get the feeling you were trying to push that bandwagon without being on it. It's pretty minor as far as scumtells go, but combined with how snappy and defensive you're acting towards Pie in response, I think it's worth a vote switch.

unvote: alexhans

vote: KublaiKhan
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Cream147 »

Kublai Khan wrote:Yeah, but random stage is going to happen. Mind as well let people get it out of their system. Since PieIsPopcorn is starting the questioning in the opening 2 pages where people are still going to pop in with their random vote, all he accomplishes is sewing confusion and chaos into the opening procedures.

I don't really see how this game has been a break in convention. Aggressive questioning during the random stage is generally how I've found games go from being random to serious. And that needs to happen at some point, doesn't it.

I find Chiefskye's action questionable, third vote on a bandwagon is always dodgy, third vote on a bandwagon in the random stage where the last two posts have also been votes on the same person, that's worse. However, in the random stage, I don't think anything too serious can be drawn from it...but IGMEOY Chiefskye.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
ChiefSkye4
ChiefSkye4
Goon
ChiefSkye4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by ChiefSkye4 »

PieIsPopcorn wrote:
ChiefSkye4 wrote:
Vote ppp973

ppp already had two votes for his behavior. Why did you feel the need to add a third on, for the exact same reasoning? Reeks of opportunism.

To be completely honest, I was scanning the page, and I only saw 1 vote on him :/ Sounds like a convenient excuse, but it's true. Since it was the RVS, I didn't thoroughly read :/ ppp's vote stood out because it was longer than the others', and I saw it, and in going to reply, I spotted only one other vote, Archaist's.
Cream wrote:I find Chiefskye's action questionable, third vote on a bandwagon is always dodgy, third vote on a bandwagon in the random stage where the last two posts have also been votes on the same person, that's worse. However, in the random stage, I don't think anything too serious can be drawn from it...but IGMEOY Chiefskye.

I put no stock into the "X on the wagon is scumz" flack, but, aside from that, my explanation is above. IGMEOY means "I've got my eyes on you" right? Haha sorry.
PieIsPopcorn wrote:While the first two votes were relatively serious and were to draw pressure and information, this vote is just... there. It doesn't particularly seem to be placed for any particular reason. (Yes, I know, RVS, but it's placed on a player that had already recieved pressure for his actions.) Thusly, in my opinion, it warranted some pressure via my vote.
Again, explanation in the first paragraph, but wanted to add: I may be missing some things, but I do have a sense of humor. I understood that ppp's vote was a joke, and I returned with a joke. It was RVS, so I thought I could be lighthearted, but little did I know, I was 3rd to vote him, thinking I was only second.

Unvote
seeing as RVS is over, or nearly there, rather.
ppp973
ppp973
Townie
ppp973
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by ppp973 »

ppp973 wrote:

You said that you were scared, only mafia are scared to be lynched when the lynched targeted.

Unvote, Vote Alexhans
for now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”