Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 am

Post by shaft.ed »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kison wrote:Who did you pick?
I picked farside, she'll been leaving clues galore about being confirmable by other players, and I knew she was telling the truth.
Is this in regards to the scum kill or some other ability?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Also GoofBall, why aren't you dead yet?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

shaft.ed wrote:Also GoofBall, why aren't you dead yet?
An abundance of power roles. We've had one power role claim per day for the scum to chew on instead of me. I won't be here tomorrow.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am

shaft.ed wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I picked farside, she'll been leaving clues galore about being confirmable by other players, and I knew she was telling the truth.
Is this in regards to the scum kill or some other ability?
She was an inventor, and gave me a one-shot 'watch' power.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

Post by charter »

shaft.ed wrote:@charter why ask for a modkill if we're in LyLo?
I am town, therefore anyone else dying results in a chance of winning. You could have been scum, in which case a modkill on Carn would have been great. If you were town, then it would suck, but we've been at the same spot in this game for like two weeks.

It's obvious that you are town.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:If we're scum partners why would he want me modkilled?
True! Then Kison is charter's buddy.
Oh my god. You've been saying it's me and Carn for ages, now all of a sudden it's Kison? Did you forget how he tried to weaken my claim even more? Why wouldn't he just keep his mouth shut if he was my buddy?
DrippingGoofball wrote:First vollkan wagon:
vollkan (Korts(TOWN), neko(TOWN), malthusis/Kison, charter, roflcopter(TOWN), fariside (TOWN))

One of charter and malthusis/Kison is scum, at least.

You probably know which it is.
I'd like to point out this is scumlogic, which DGB is now using to her full advantage. There was never any reason behind the vollkan wagon, it was just a RVS wagon.

I'm ready to vote for either DGB or skanders since I know one of them has to be scum. Shaft.ed and Kison, any preference who I vote for?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Charter, who's scum and why?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:55 am

Post by charter »

DGB and skanders cause they're voting for me and no one else has hammered.
If you want reasons that actually convince you, then I will go back and try and show they're scum. Up until you showed, I was just waiting in limbo to see if you were going to hammer or not.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

OK so that means we have either:

DGB & Skander scum

or

Charter & most likely shaft.ed/Kison scum

I'll have to do some reading then with such a scenario in mind

And of the five of us alive only charter has claimed that being an "every other day" commuter.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by charter »

Do you want me to make a case against DGB and skanders? Same thing to you Kison. If neither of you does, I'll continue waiting.

I think you've also forgot that (to you and Kison) that I could possibly be scum with one of DGB or Skanders.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Kison »

The only thing we can categorically rule out is that charter is town with scum among the other nonvoters(you and me), because under such a scenario he would have already been hammered. Sadly, this does nothing for us because we can't utilize that info until after Charter is dead, which would essentially be a game over for us.

However, Charter as scum leaves the other possibilities wide open still - one of DGB or Skander could be bussing him. Right now I find that to be less likely.

The problem is that I see DGB + Skander as a very viable threat - they've had eachother's backs the entire game. On the other hand, I find Charter to be far scummier individually.

The reason I keep pestering Skander to get in here is because Farside22 insinuated that she gave him something before she died, and he was struggling to decide who to use it on. If I'm reading the rules correctly, this had to have been done before the morning stage ended. However, he made absolutely no mention of it afterwards and simply proceeded to follow DGB onto the Charter wagon moments after I expressed my desire to do the same.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Kison »

The other point I can raise against DGB is that she was adamant about not claiming today, but one of her strongest points against Charter is that an every-other-day bulletproof would not fit into the game with the roles we've seen. Why, then, such hesitance for mass claiming? If you're under the assumption that something as weak as the role Charter claimed would not fit in then why would you
not
jump at the opportunity for someone to slip up and claim a role that you believe also would be too powerful(which would be just about anything)?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

KIson wrote:The reason I keep pestering Skander to get in here is because Farside22 insinuated that she gave him something before she died, and he was struggling to decide who to use it on. If I'm reading the rules correctly, this had to have been done before the morning stage ended. However, he made absolutely no mention of it afterwards and simply proceeded to follow DGB onto the Charter wagon moments after I expressed my desire to do the same.
This is important. Did it happen before or after the farside kill? If so why would scum kill farside yet leave the threat alive?

I'm also getting the DGB=leader, Skander=follower vibe.

Charter make a case if you wish. I will weigh it accordingly.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Also massclaim people. If we screw this up we lose, the more information the better at this juncture. I prefer dice popcorn with Kison chosing the first claimant as from my perpective he is the most neutral of the players familiar with the goings on of the game.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Kison »

Comments at the bottom.
farside22 in 506 wrote:I expect a few things to happen. DGB I hope you use what you have today. Skanders I suggest either Carn or Kison if you know what I mean.
I feel I will be dead today after all I've said.
Skander in 545 wrote:First things first, Farside, you are 100% town in my eyes. I understand what you are saying and I'm still thinking about it - it's tough. I've only got a little time left to decide though.

IMO Charter is scum along with one of either kison/Carn Carn

Here is my Charter case:

<snip>

Vote Charter
Raging Rabbit in 561 wrote:
Death Scene

farside22 was killed. She was an inventor.
Skander in 566 wrote:Charter's claim is complete rubbish. Everything else I've said is just gravy. I like the last ditch attempt to convince us that it was real:
charter wrote:I can't wait to start the "Should NK immune town players claim vanilla?" MD thread after this game is over.
You're trying a little too hard though.
The timing is the most significant factor, here. Whatever Skander received should have cycled by the time he made his final 'Charter is scum' post, but he made absolutely no mention of it despite the importance of that information. Additionally he completely excludes DGB as even a possibility of being scum while DGB is sounding the 'lynch charter' trumpets and I am expressing desire to hop on myself. It all just reeks of massive impatience and hoping I'd be an idiot and hop on prematurely.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Kison »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
During which morning stage did you use the one-shot watch ability?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Death Scene

Shaft.ed was killed. He was a vanilla townie.

Game over - mafia (DGB, Skander and ABR) win!

Thanks for playing, everyone!
Funny how this ended in exact corralation with my LA. Very sorry 'bout that, shooting my highschool final took up even more of my time than I thought it would. Roles and choices coming tomorrow, after I finally get some sleep.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

damn it I totally had a DGB scum and Kison town read

I thought the farside kill was today, what happened in that regard?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Inventor-farside sent Skander an extra vig kill.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Adel »

oh shit. I thought you guys (Kison+shaft.ed) were minutes away from cracking it for the win!

I had fun following this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:damn it I totally had a DGB scum and Kison town read

Shame the game was no win with this town. DGB and Skander was great till recently. Skanders felt off and so did DGB. I second guessed myself and the fact that no one freaking asked how DGB received an item watched me and got no results just pisses me off.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Adel »

@Kison: did you notice any similarities between this game and Space Monkey Mafia II?

ABR claimed miller, and was obvious scum, and only his scum buddies knew exactly how to roll with it, forcing the rest of the town to conclude that the scum were "obvious town". Having an inventor in the setup handing item after item to the scum was pretty tragic.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Kison »

Whoa. What the hell just happened, there?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm

shaft.ed wrote:damn it I totally had a DGB scum and Kison town read

She gave Skander the invention of a ONE-SHOT VIG.

We didn't know if shooting a townie would give us the win today, so we were awaiting a response from the mod.

This game was a string of bad luck for the town, and we had every possible break in the book.

==========================

We had a tiff in the QT, after ABR claimed miller, without warning his buddies. I always want to lynch millers, so I was trying not to bus him, and bus him at the same time. Luckily, there were a lot of miller-defenders, that allowed me to back off. Also, he threatened us in kind in the QT; if we tried to bus him, he'd have us lynched, etc. He wanted to play to survive as an individual, not to win as a team.

But then ABR quit on us, because we wanted him to send the kill (since the miller claim tainted him, it made him disposable), and I was a roleblocker, and Skander was the godfather. He tried to override our decision with the mod, and the mod decided, wisely, that the decision would be the godfather (Skander) to make.

But all in all, the miller claim served us well, which should be a lesson to everyone. (1) Lynch all millers and (2) the Day 1 bus is hugely effective, scum will do it. After that, we were able to hang every player that had defended ABR, and then some.

I'd like to apologize to everyone for my abominable behavior in this game, which included deceit, framing, fabrication, manipulation, and murder. Next time I will claim scum, and we shall live in harmony.

Thanks for shafted for providing late-game canon fodder replacement.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:21 pm

Adel wrote:oh shit. I thought you guys (Kison+shaft.ed) were minutes away from cracking it for the win!

I had fun following this game.
Were you some alt??? Why were you following this game? Adel?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:23 pm

farside22 wrote:Shame the game was no win with this town. DGB and Skander was great till recently. Skanders felt off and so did DGB. I second guessed myself and the fact that no one freaking asked how DGB received an item watched me and got no results just pisses me off.
I was watching, not tracking, which means that I was going to say I thought you'd be killed.

*I'm so sowwy*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”