LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:31 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Panzerjager wrote:EBWOP: Also, It's not like we are at lylo so me being hasty to lynch isn't a tell.
I didn't say it was a tell, I said it wasn't helpful -- which it isn't without reasoning or asking questions.
Panzer wrote:I did. Read Zach;s post in which i responded yes.
I assume what you're talking about is your "*nod*" in response to Amished being killed making your reasoning against Steph obvious. Not the most verbose response, but okay, I'll give you that.
Panzer wrote:Also, you're only analysing that there was a sk kill, and not who the kills were on. So that either means you don't finad the mafia kill interesting or you already know why the mafia killed who they killed. Both would lead to you know who the mafia killed and being in the mafia.
I was just clarifying what the second kill meant at first, at which point I said:
me wrote:Should we bother analyzing which kill we think was which?
I asked if we should who killed who. It seems like it would be a big runaround ... there would be a lot of WIFOM. I just wanted people's opinions on it.
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:42 am

Post by PJ. »

Terribly scummy idea and only scum would benefit from doing such a thing.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 am

Post by LesterGroans »

MAFIA EDIT: ^If we should DISCUSS who killed who^
[b]"Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still [i]conscious[/i] is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."[/b]
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:45 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Panzerjager wrote:Terribly scummy idea and only scum would benefit from doing such a thing.
What is a scummy idea? Discussing who killed who or NOT discussing it?

I just think -- especially since we don't know if it's a vig or SK -- that it wouldn't produce much, but I'm open for any conversation which is why I asked. If you think it's a great idea, let's discuss it.

Obviously you think Steph is scum and Amished was the mafia kill, right?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 am

Post by alexhans »

LesterGroans wrote:So apparently there's a Serial Killer?
or maybe there is a vig... And he chose to shoot. Why the Amished kill? He had been in the spotlight with his scum-hunt too much and persecution of Steph.... 2 mafia night kills is not likely at all.
LesterGroans wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:
Vote:Steph obviously.
This is very helpful. Reasoning? Thoughts on night actions?
Panzerjager wrote:@Zach:*nod*

@Lester:
FoS:Lester
Why are so curious with what happened at night? Why are you asking me specifically about the night actions?
This post goes along with your last ones Panzer... They don't answer the questions ask to him and they try to divert attention to others...
Why can't lester investigate? Don't we all have to be curious? Why is your vote on Steph obvious? Isn't it possible that Amished was killed to make Steph look scummy? Wouldn't it be a stupid move by Steph to kill Amished?
Panzerjager wrote:I did. Read Zach;s post in which i responded yes. Also, you're only analysing that there was a sk kill, and not who the kills were on. So that either means you don't finad the mafia kill interesting or you already know why the mafia killed who they killed. Both would lead to you know who the mafia killed and being in the mafia.
you're accussing everyone that says something to you too fast...
Panzerjager wrote: I'm not commenting on what happened last night cause I try to avoid set-up speculation and mod guessing games. Mod guessing games cause i'm not very good at them and Set-up speculation cause it gives mafia room to wiggle with fake claims.
Ok. That's your stance. But SK or Vigs would not be uncommon in a mini normal so we could argue that one of them is probably in the game and issued the kill.
I really don't think that thinking what the mod setup can be can give more room to fake claims. We never agree on a setup, we just think wich of them are likely. All claims will be investigated.
Panzerjager wrote: Also the kills are the only thing new. The alignment reveals are as well. Why no comment on why they picked Gateway and Amished?
Why do you think they picked them then? Any ideas?

A couple of theories:
Amished was killed by scum to make Steph look scummier.
Gateway was killed by vig in a gut shot trying to hit scum.
Gateway was killed by SK because he wasn't much part of the game and wouldn't give much info.
Or... We invert the killers (SK/scum) but with the same reasons...

@Panzer: read the twilight part of day 1. Answer my questions. Why hammer without reasons? Why vote without reasons? Why the rush?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote: Zachrulez

Going back to his cheerleading for an Amished lynch which was highly anti-town then and even more blatent in retrospect. The reasons for the attempted Amished lynch were basically manufactured reasons instead of legitimate one. He buddies with a townie or defends a scum buddy in Steph. And he's quite content to ride a lynch of a stupidly anti-town townie at two different points.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

Going back to his cheerleading for an Amished lynch which was highly anti-town then and even more blatent in retrospect. The reasons for the attempted Amished lynch were basically manufactured reasons instead of legitimate one. He buddies with a townie or defends a scum buddy in Steph. And he's quite content to ride a lynch of a stupidly anti-town townie at two different points.
Amusing.

A few things.

1. There is a such thing as a scummy townie. Amished fit the bill in my opinion.

2. My cheerleading wasn't really scummy. Arrogant and wrong, yes.

3. Your case rests solely on the fact that Wall-E and Amished are now confirmed town. You're arguing scum on the basis of a nightkill which is full of WIFOM, and ignoring the fact that you also voted for Wall-E.

4. There is scope to a scum pairing theory between me and Stephoscope, but it's based on the presumption that two people paired as scum will always try to defend each other and never try to distance or make cases against each other to look more townie.

5. You completely ignored Gateway's death. Perhaps Amished was a part of
your
mafia agenda and the other kill doesn't concern you?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:19 am

Post by alexhans »

Going back to his cheerleading for an Amished lynch which was highly anti-town then and even more blatent in retrospect. The reasons for the attempted Amished lynch were basically manufactured reasons instead of legitimate one.
Ok... So... the cheerleading for an Amished lynch I found annoying, maybe a bit scummy... depends on playstyle.

The reasons in the amished vote were this:
Zachrulez wrote:
Amished wrote:Yes, scumhunting "too hard" is a very bad thing. I believe it leads to weak cases and often tunnel-visioning rather than looking at the entirety of the population and being stuck if your "candidate" is night-killed or mis-lynched. I think that the "plenty" point is a perfect example of trying too hard, and not really leading anywhere.

Which posts by Wall-E/Scope are you talking about? Like I said I see Wall-E's point of view rather than Zach's moreso early on and didn't see much in the way of Wall-E insulting Zach either.
Are you kidding me? So Stephoscope is scummy for trying to scumhunt?

Vote: Amished

Feeling persecuted yet Stephoscope? :D Personally I think the attacks on you have been unfair.

I would like to hear your thoughts on myself and Wall-E though.
As you recall, I agreed with this in many points... scumhunting too hard was a stupid point for me. If it's good scum hunting, even if it comes from scum, it can be beneficial for the town. As opposed to scum shutting up like a clam or active lurking.

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:He buddies with a townie or defends a scum buddy in Steph.
A scumteam getting paired together in such way on day 1 seems unlikely. It's moer possible that he was buddying Steph.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: And he's quite content to ride a lynch of a stupidly anti-town townie at two different points.
Dude... You mean Wall-e? You voted for him to get to L-2 and Parked your vote there... unnecessarily clarifying that you still considered Zach scummy.
Add to my theories:
Gateway was killed trying to hit a PR?
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

Vote Danny

Reasoning--

After reading through his post, he seems to bring up very little speculation, and instead, decides to criticize other people, and discuss things that are not really helping find scum. Yet he doesn't mind throwing his vote down.

As for my play, I'm not the kind of person that comes in and delivers huge post, I'm here every day and I'm always reading, and I make my comments with something arouses my suspicion, not on every thing that is being brought up, but if I'm asked I'll give my input.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 am

Post by LesterGroans »

AshKetchummm wrote:As for my play, I'm not the kind of person that comes in and delivers huge post, I'm here every day and I'm always reading, and I make my comments with something arouses my suspicion, not on every thing that is being brought up, but if I'm asked I'll give my input.
My suspicions of you prior to D2 were answered here. Your posts seemed to be short and have little content, which I always find suspicious, but you've defended that style of play here. It's not my kind of thing, however you did give reasoning for your votes, so I can't fault you for that.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am quite sure I will get accused of OMGUS'ing here, especially given my votes for Amished (who had voted for me) yesterday and then Wall-E (who had also voted for me), but Panzerjager's actions are looking awfully suspicious...

- He has been here longer than any of us and has thousands of posts to his name, and yet some of his posts have just been so amateurish. I find it difficult to believe an experienced player would interpret the nighttime actions as obviously implicating me. It's all WIFOM--I know I won't be able to totally clear myself--but to (supposedly) decide right away that I am the "obvious" lynch? Really?

- The quick FOS on LesterGroans and the rationale for it are also problematic. Why shouldn't we discuss why the kills last night may have happened? Doesn't Panzerjager understand that if he comes out of the gate with a quick vote and no explanation, he will be expected to be questioned about his reasoning?

- Panzerjager's EBWOP post (324) raises a bigtime red flag. He advises that his vote wasn't a "tell"--but as LesterGroans immediately corrected him, no one had claimed or even implied that it was. Hmmm, what sort of role would be most worried about whether he had committed a "tell" and have that sort of thing on his mind?

Now let's go back to yesterday...

- He's "with Amished" in 267...then Amished turns up dead today. WIFOM and unproveable, but the scenario in which Panzerjager kills off someone he "agrees with" is an easy one to envision. If the scum were most interested in keeping up confusion, they would probably have left both Amished and myself in the game, since we both had suspicion and votes. (RIP Amished...sorry about yesterday.) Instead, they clearly have other motives if they were responsible for the Amished kill: frame someone and/or make themselves look innocent. (I don't know what to make of the Gateway kill...a good guy might have thought he was mafia, a bad guy might have thought he was a power role.)

- His request for a chronological vote count in 299 just seems weird, given that X has very obviously kept everything in strict alphabetical order all game long. And there's no reason Panzerjager couldn't have figured out the chronology himself, without saying a word, if he really cared about it. Trying too hard to look like he's analyzing things?

Lots of votes flying around, I'll add this to the mix. I am perfectly well aware this makes me look like the OMGUS king...so I wouldn't even post this if it didn't seem really discussion-worthy.

Vote: Panzerjager
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 am

Post by PJ. »

OK
Unvote:Vote:Lester and FoS:Everyone else who is speculating about night
Night speculation IS ANTITOWN. It's given mafia info which gives them room to plan their next attack and depending on who says what they could very clearly pick a good nightkill. Who killed who DOESN"T matter cause unless the other killing party claims their kills we'll never know who the kills were.

@Ash, this game is about criticizing and judging other people. If you don't like it and you would rather just speculate please switch your hobby to meteorology.

Anyway, Lester is definently by far the scummiest and Alexhans is not far behind. This is due to so openly wanting to give the scum information about what the town thinks about their night actions which is terribly scummy and the only motivation I can see behind that is self-congratulations
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:36 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Okay, Panzer, I think we just have a basic disagreement over playstyles. I think that conversation and analyzing gives us information and allows us to discover who scum is whereas you think everyone should say nothing, vote however they want and assume it's going to be right.

It's not that I openly want to give the scum information, I wanted to give us information,. I already stated earlier -- as you did in your post -- that analyzing who killed who is pointless as there's no way to figure out for sure whether we're right, that does not mean that we shouldn't discuss the nightkills though ... of course the nightkills are important! I guess I just don't understand your play style.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Stephoscope »

For the record, Gateway was the player who seemed most eager to get through Day 1 and have deaths to talk about in Day 2.

Given that Gateway is now deceased, and Panzerjager is trying to convince us all that we *shouldn't* be speculating about the deaths...maybe there is something here.

We certainly have to be careful not to give away live players' roles or anything like that...but I can't fathom why we wouldn't want to talk about the deaths we've seen so far and what they might point to. Obviously what we were doing in Day/Night 1, with what we had so far then, wasn't working.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:40 am

Zachrulez wrote:1. There is a such thing as a scummy townie. Amished fit the bill in my opinion.
If you're not scum then you're clearly just a terrible scumhunter since I completely blew up those arguments in 204 and then it was confirmed how wrong you were with his death. On the other hand considering how much of a stretch I consider the arguments you, Steph, and Ash put against Amished I'm more inclinced to believe that at least some of that set, you first and foremost are scum.
Maybe not "really" scummy, but completely and virulently anti-town? You bet your sweet bippy.
3. Your case rests solely on the fact that Wall-E and Amished are now confirmed town. You're arguing scum on the basis of a nightkill which is full of WIFOM, and ignoring the fact that you also voted for Wall-E.
No, I issued most of these statements on D1 when I voted for you the first time, so while their deaths confirms what I felt; it was not contingent upon their deaths. Unfortunately, I got distracted and didn't go with my gut instinct and fell into supporting an easy lynch. However, just because I made a poor decision does not absolve you of yours.
4. There is scope to a scum pairing theory between me and Stephoscope, but it's based on the presumption that two people paired as scum will always try to defend each other and never try to distance or make cases against each other to look more townie.
Right, regardless of Steph's alignment your actions can be taken as buddying a townie or protecting a scum buddy. Thus your behavior doesn't speak to Steph's alignment, but it adds just another thing to be suspicious of yours.
your
I see no reason to wildly speculate on topics of which I have no knowledge. I do not know how or why either Amished or Gateway are dead and I find speculating on such topics to be relatively useless. However, I will use their day one interactions to further help me figure out who is scum.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Zachrulez wrote:1. There is a such thing as a scummy townie. Amished fit the bill in my opinion.
If you're not scum then you're clearly just a terrible scumhunter since I completely blew up those arguments in 204 and then it was confirmed how wrong you were with his death. On the other hand considering how much of a stretch I consider the arguments you, Steph, and Ash put against Amished I'm more inclinced to believe that at least some of that set, you first and foremost are scum.
Clearly this can't possibly connect to my 5th point... not at all.
Maybe not "really" scummy, but completely and virulently anti-town? You bet your sweet bippy.
So you're admitting that it's not a scumtell...
No, I issued most of these statements on D1 when I voted for you the first time, so while their deaths confirms what I felt; it was not contingent upon their deaths. Unfortunately, I got distracted and didn't go with my gut instinct and fell into supporting an easy lynch. However, just because I made a poor decision does not absolve you of yours.
:roll: Ignore my poor decision, focus on my case against Zach. Let's not talk about your possible scum motives for that "poor decision."
Right, regardless of Steph's alignment your actions can be taken as buddying a townie or protecting a scum buddy. Thus your behavior doesn't speak to Steph's alignment, but it adds just another thing to be suspicious of yours.
Or I simply didn't find his day 1 behavior scummy. Wasn't it you who said you weren't interested in mislynching townies on day 1? Apparently that CAN'T factor into why I wasn't supporting a Steph lynch on day 1. Apparently it's impossible that I've played with him before and have seen no indication that he is scum based on the read I had on him in THAT game.
your
I see no reason to wildly speculate on topics of which I have no knowledge. I do not know how or why either Amished or Gateway are dead and I find speculating on such topics to be relatively useless. However, I will use their day one interactions to further help me figure out who is scum.

Oh please, you're using the knowledge that Amished and Wall-E are town as some kind of proof that I'm scum. If anything, your soft support of the Wall-E lynch is a lot more telling than my aggressive play. Yeah... didn't Amished think that was a scumtell? Maybe an underlying motive to kill him, in fear that he might figure that out later. It's definitely a hell of a lot more subtle then the implication that scum has to be either me or Stephoscope simply for our pressure on a dead townie.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh, by the way...

Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro

As far as I'm concerned, you should be the lynch today. Whether or not that happens is another story.

From my perspective you are obv scum, and I'm going to make sure everyone knows that I feel that way, cause there's no way in hell I'm taking a chance of letting this suspicion go to my grave.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:07 am

alexhans wrote:As you recall, I agreed with this in many points... scumhunting too hard was a stupid point for me. If it's good scum hunting, even if it comes from scum, it can be beneficial for the town. As opposed to scum shutting up like a clam or active lurking.
Not exactly sure what you're driving at here. The point isn't that "scumhunting too hard" can't find scum, it can. But so could picking a random name and lynching them. But both activities incur far more risk then the possible benefits.

If Amished argued that "scumhunting too hard" was a scum-tell, I disagreed with him, but I do agree that such behavior is not in the best interest of the town.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:He buddies with a townie or defends a scum buddy in Steph.
A scumteam getting paired together in such way on day 1 seems unlikely. It's moer possible that he was buddying Steph.
Possible, but I don't like ruling out any possibilities, as it stands neither scenario is all that favorable to Zach.
Dude... You mean Wall-e? You voted for him to get to L-2 and Parked your vote there... unnecessarily clarifying that you still considered Zach scummy.
And as I mentioned, I should've stuck with my gut instead of being swayed to an easy lynch, but just because I made a mistake does not nullify my opinions or exonerate anyone else. And I don't believe my clarification was unneccessary since it provided the town with more information. I was simply noting that Zach did not appear less scummy or more town, but that Wall-E began to appear even more scummy.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Stephoscope wrote:For the record, Gateway was the player who seemed most eager to get through Day 1 and have deaths to talk about in Day 2.

Given that Gateway is now deceased, and Panzerjager is trying to convince us all that we *shouldn't* be speculating about the deaths...maybe there is something here.

We certainly have to be careful not to give away live players' roles or anything like that...but I can't fathom why we wouldn't want to talk about the deaths we've seen so far and what they might point to. Obviously what we were doing in Day/Night 1, with what we had so far then, wasn't working.
I think you are stretching a bit and most certainly OMGUSing Steph. I can see both sides of the argument in this instance. I believe Panzer's reaction comes from a position of not wanting to risk power role tells being dropped in NK conversation, which would benefit the scum.

I happen to disagree with how scummy night kill discussion is, but I can certainly see where Panzer is coming from.
LesterGroans
LesterGroans
Goon
LesterGroans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:16 am

Post by LesterGroans »

Zachrulez wrote:I think you are stretching a bit and most certainly OMGUSing Steph. I can see both sides of the argument in this instance. I believe Panzer's reaction comes from a position of not wanting to risk power role tells being dropped in NK conversation, which would benefit the scum.

I happen to disagree with how scummy night kill discussion is, but I can certainly see where Panzer is coming from.
I agree. In no way should anyone divulge any roles, but that's not what Panzer was saying ... if it's what he meant then I do agree with him, however the NKs most definitely should be discussed.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:09 am

Post by X »

Vote Count

Debonair Danny DiPietro
: (2) AshKetchummm, Zachrulez
LesterGroans
: (1) Panzerjager
Panzerjager
: (1) Stephoscope
Zachrulez
: (1) Debonair Danny DiPietro

Not Voting
: (4) alexhans, Jazzmyn, LesterGroans, ryan2754

Vote Threshold
: 5

Happiness with Posting Level
:
HAPPY
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:16 am

Post by alexhans »

Panzerjager wrote:Anyway, Lester is definently by far the scummiest and Alexhans is not far behind. This is due to so openly wanting to give the scum information about what the town thinks about their night actions which is terribly scummy and the only motivation I can see behind that is self-congratulationsOK
Night speculation IS ANTITOWN. It's given mafia info which gives them room to plan their next attack and depending on who says what they could very clearly pick a good nightkill. Who killed who DOESN"T matter cause unless the other killing party claims their kills we'll never know who the kills were.

@Ash, this game is about criticizing and judging other people. If you don't like it and you would rather just speculate please switch your hobby to meteorology.
Don't dare try to tell us how to play... I played with you in 735 with me and hammered yourself. Let's all play how we think it's correct and let others do the same. Of course you can always point that he plays that way because it benefits him being scum or whatever. For instance, I'm wary of Ash for his little posting and if he indeed reads a lot but speaks little I will judge more strongly the slighest detail.
Panzerjager wrote: Anyway, Lester is definently by far the scummiest and Alexhans is not far behind.
Wow... You rapidly switched votes when you realized that you couldn't pull a Steph lynch and after a weak Fos at Lester you vote for him saying he is the scummiest? And Suddenly I'm scummy? How? Because I'm suspicious of you? Some kind of OMGUS I think?
Panzerjager wrote: This is due to so openly wanting to give the scum information about what the town thinks about their night actions which is terribly scummy and the only motivation I can see behind that is self-congratulations
Escuse me about doubting your reasons but... I want to openly give WIFOM to mafia? If nobody talks about night actions we have few things to discuss. You voted Steph based on the night action or I'm very mistaken... so what you say doesn't hold up together at all. You still haven't answered my questions in twilight... read my posts please! Self Congratulations??!! WTF?
If you're not scum then you're clearly just a terrible scumhunter since I completely blew up those arguments in 204 and then it was confirmed how wrong you were with his death.
remember we all have different opinions... your blowing up the argument may be only so in your own eyes.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: On the other hand considering how much of a stretch I consider the arguments you, Steph, and Ash put against Amished I'm more inclinced to believe that at least some of that set, you first and foremost are scum.
Why not dissoriented townies? and what about me? I raised some of the arguments about Amished... So what? I thought he might be scum.
OK... But you said you didn't want to lynch just for being anti town... :P
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Right, regardless of Steph's alignment your actions can be taken as buddying a townie or protecting a scum buddy. Thus your behavior doesn't speak to Steph's alignment, but it adds just another thing to be suspicious of yours.
I disagree that it adds anything to be suspicious of... He can be town and be protecting someone who he thinks is town(and he can be anything), scum and be buddying a townie, or scum and be protecting a teammate.
Zachrulez wrote:Oh, by the way...

Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro

As far as I'm concerned, you should be the lynch today. Whether or not that happens is another story.

From my perspective you are obv scum, and I'm going to make sure everyone knows that I feel that way, cause there's no way in hell I'm taking a chance of letting this suspicion go to my grave.
This post sucks... It's clearly an emotional OMGUS.
You MUST give better reasons than that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Not exactly sure what you're driving at here. The point isn't that "scumhunting too hard" can't find scum, it can. But so could picking a random name and lynching them. But both activities incur far more risk then the possible benefits.

How is scumhunting too hard incurring in more risks than benefits???? And excuse me... calling out someone for scum hunting too hard is an incredibly scummy thing to do in my book. Oh...
"why you are investigating so much about my affairs mr.Doe, you're trying to pass of as town?" Sucks. Scummy.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: And as I mentioned, I should've stuck with my gut instead of being swayed to an easy lynch, but just because I made a mistake does not nullify my opinions or exonerate anyone else. And I don't believe my clarification was unneccessary since it provided the town with more information. I was simply noting that Zach did not appear less scummy or more town, but that Wall-E began to appear even more scummy.
I'll never nullify your opinions but the fact that you were in the same exact position regarding wall-e you can't make it a part of your argument. Because it would mean you're scummy too. I felt the clarification was unneccessary because I would think it obvious that if we unvote someone for another one all the suspiciouns that we stated earlier are not magically wiped. But I can understand it as a warning to the unvoted. somekind of IGMEOY.

---

On a funny note after all this grave things...
It seems that 3 people are voting Zachrulez... Danny, Debonair and DiPietro... ;)
Zachrulez: (1) Debonair Danny DiPietro
of course it is not in alphabetical order and there is a number an comma format that clarifies this but without the number it WOULD be messy. Where does the long nick come from? So long!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:Anyway, Lester is definently by far the scummiest and Alexhans is not far behind. This is due to so openly wanting to give the scum information about what the town thinks about their night actions which is terribly scummy and the only motivation I can see behind that is self-congratulationsOK

Don't dare try to tell us how to play... I played with you in 735 with me and hammered yourself. Let's all play how we think it's correct and let others do the same. Of course you can always point that he plays that way because it benefits him being scum or whatever. For instance, I'm wary of Ash for his little posting and if he indeed reads a lot but speaks little I will judge more strongly the slighest detail.
So he self hammered as an IC? Well... that's interesting.

Also refer to 331 and 340 for vote reasoning.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

DDD wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:If you're not scum then you're clearly just a terrible scumhunter since I completely blew up those arguments in 204 and then it was confirmed how wrong you were with his death. On the other hand considering how much of a stretch I consider the arguments you, Steph, and Ash put against Amished I'm more inclinced to believe that at least some of that set, you first and foremost are scum.
Clearly this can't possibly connect to my 5th point... not at all.
Note he can't refute the fact that his arguments were poor, he simply tries to redirect attention.
So you're admitting that it's not a scumtell...
I really shouldn't have to explain the importance of the scare quotes around the word really, nor should I have to explain when I call something virulently anti-town that's not meant as a compliment.
:roll: Ignore my poor decision, focus on my case against Zach. Let's not talk about your possible scum motives for that "poor decision."
We can talk about my mistake, of course my response will continue to be, "I made a mistake, should've played my gut" but feel free to beat that one into the ground all you like so I can condemn you further on the exact same topic.
Or I simply didn't find his day 1 behavior scummy. Wasn't it you who said you weren't interested in mislynching townies on day 1? Apparently that CAN'T factor into why I wasn't supporting a Steph lynch on day 1. Apparently it's impossible that I've played with him before and have seen no indication that he is scum based on the read I had on him in THAT game.
It's certainly possible, on it's own it's not a very strong point, but when you consider everything else it's just another thing to be suspicious of. And if you have played a game with Steph before AND you have a pro-town read on him, you should say these things instead of assuming I know your entire game history and how you view players based on that.

Oh please, you're using the knowledge that Amished and Wall-E are town as some kind of proof that I'm scum. If anything, your soft support of the Wall-E lynch is a lot more telling than my aggressive play. Yeah... didn't Amished think that was a scumtell? Maybe an underlying motive to kill him, in fear that he might figure that out later. It's definitely a hell of a lot more subtle then the implication that scum has to be either me or Stephoscope simply for our pressure on a dead townie.
I'm not using such knowledge. Most of these arguments are the same ones I made yesterday when Amished wasn't confirmed in any fashion. And hello, WIFOM, how are you doing today? Perhaps you killed Amished so you could claim I was scum killing him to prove my arguments against you. Your argument is ridiculously speculative with absolutely no grounding in reality.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by ryan2754 »

Some things I would like to address first:
-About looking into the night actions: Looking into the night actions is necessary in and of itself as it is the only conrete evidence we have. They are the cold hard facts that the town has and can use to find scum. However, do I feel role/set-up speculation is necessary? No because, well, it will eventually get brought to our attention later in the game. On the same course, we do need to look at these events - We know both Gateway's and Amished's alignments, and can use this to the town's advantage. It needs to be discussed - both situations of Amished and Gateway as the scum's pick, and see what information can be gleaned from that.
-About looking at defending/attacking of one player by another: Attacking and defending, in and of itself, is a nulltell. Any player can attack and defend a player as they see fit. However, the scum have the inside knowledge of whether that person is town or scum, and can act accordingly. They have inside knowledge that can be used. Thus, the actual act of attack/defend isn't scummy, but the extent and context of the attack/defend needs to be looked at in the same regard to find whether that attack/defend is scummy or not.

Unto the actual posting:
Like I said, the attack/defend scenario in and of itself is a nulltell. Yet Panzer uses it to cast a quick and irrational vote on Steph. Zach then explains why this may be his thought process (Amished attacked Steph, Amished died, so Steph must be mafia). I have already said their exchange in and of itself it a nulltell. However, Panzer votes Steph hastily, simply because of the death of town Amished. He seems to be making a very large assumption that
Amished was the scum's kill
. He then seems to be riding the tide and hoping people follow to get another town dead using a nulltell case. Seems fairly scummy to me, and hints at inside knowledge. No to mention his reasoning for the hammer of Wall-E reeks as well.
Panzerjager wrote:Why no comment on why they picked Gateway and Amished?
Well, it seems that you already think that Amished was the scum kill. I look at it this way.
If the mafia killed Gateway, they are playing the safe route. Gateway didn't add to the conversation (even less than Ash, which I will address later). Thus, not giving the town much from a data point.
On the flip side, if the mafia killed Amished, they are either: 1.) trying to set up Steph or 2.) Trying to absolve Steph (thus, him being mafia). Again, in this situation, a mafia kill on Amished would be a nulltell on Steph's alignment, as the mafia always has the ability to use the double-bluff scenario addressed above.
Panzerjager wrote:I did. Read Zach;s post in which i responded yes. Also, you're only analysing that there was a sk kill, and not who the kills were on. So that either means you don't finad the mafia kill interesting or you already know why the mafia killed who they killed. Both would lead to you know who the mafia killed and being in the mafia.
Panzer does make a good point here about Lester. Although I wouldn't like to draw the same conclusion as Panzer just yet, it is something that needs to be looked into. Lester, care to explain?

But then he follows up with this:
Panzerjager wrote:EBWOP: Also, It's not like we are at lylo so me being hasty to lynch isn't a tell.
It doesn't matter whether it is lylo. Hasty vote is completely anti-town, in any round, as no one has chimed in or said anything about night. The vote is the best thing the town have, and throwing it around hastily after RVS is dumb.
Panzerjager wrote:Terribly scummy idea and only scum would benefit from doing such a thing.
How is it scummy to want people to discuss the night kill? If it were scummy to do that, according to your thoughts, then town would never win. We NEED to look at the night kills, assess them, and see what everyone says about them in order to find scum. Your reluctance to do so is disheartening.

Gives a reasoning behind his vote. Personally, I don't agree, because it brings up the same assumption that Panzer fell into: Amished was the scum kill, and thus, brings up the double-bluff situation. So in and of itself, it is bad logic. However, he backs it up with the manufactured reasons, which I do beleive in.
alexhans wrote: As you recall, I agreed with this in many points... scumhunting too hard was a stupid point for me. If it's good scum hunting, even if it comes from scum, it can be beneficial for the town. As opposed to scum shutting up like a clam or active lurking.

Agreed. Scumhunting, no matter from who, is pro-town. Obviously, there is such thing as a pro-town scum, and anti-town cit. Either way, even scum scumhunting helps, as the more people talk, the more information thrown out, and the more likely scum can slip.
AshKetchummm wrote:
Vote Danny

Reasoning--

After reading through his post, he seems to bring up very little speculation, and instead, decides to criticize other people, and discuss things that are not really helping find scum. Yet he doesn't mind throwing his vote down.

As for my play, I'm not the kind of person that comes in and delivers huge post, I'm here every day and I'm always reading, and I make my comments with something arouses my suspicion, not on every thing that is being brought up, but if I'm asked I'll give my input.
Ok, well then, I am asking for your input. Everything that people bring up needs to be evaluated by everyone. I urge you especially, Ash, to speak up more and become more of the conversation.
Stephoscope wrote: - He [Panzer] has been here longer than any of us and has thousands of posts to his name, and yet some of his posts have just been so amateurish. I find it difficult to believe an experienced player would interpret the nighttime actions as obviously implicating me. It's all WIFOM--I know I won't be able to totally clear myself--but to (supposedly) decide right away that I am the "obvious" lynch? Really?

- Panzerjager's EBWOP post (324) raises a bigtime red flag. He advises that his vote wasn't a "tell"--but as LesterGroans immediately corrected him, no one had claimed or even implied that it was. Hmmm, what sort of role would be most worried about whether he had committed a "tell" and have that sort of thing on his mind?

Now let's go back to yesterday...

- He's "with Amished" in 267...then Amished turns up dead today. WIFOM and unproveable, but the scenario in which Panzerjager kills off someone he "agrees with" is an easy one to envision. If the scum were most interested in keeping up confusion, they would probably have left both Amished and myself in the game, since we both had suspicion and votes. (RIP Amished...sorry about yesterday.) Instead, they clearly have other motives if they were responsible for the Amished kill: frame someone and/or make themselves look innocent. (I don't know what to make of the Gateway kill...a good guy might have thought he was mafia, a bad guy might have thought he was a power role.)

- His request for a chronological vote count in 299 just seems weird, given that X has very obviously kept everything in strict alphabetical order all game long. And there's no reason Panzerjager couldn't have figured out the chronology himself, without saying a word, if he really cared about it. Trying too hard to look like he's analyzing things?

Paragraph 1: Experience doesn't equate with your definition of "Experienced posting style." In itself, this is a nulltell. People's posting styles are all different. Just because Panzer is experienced (in the number of games he played), doesn't necessarily mean his posts "show it," as you seem to think.

Paragraph 2: I already addressed how I felt about this.

Paragraph 3: Again, the double bluff situation. In and of itself again, either reasoning could hold (frame someone or frame self). Again, we need to look at the motives behind it and both situations of Amished/Gateway combo kill, and what the implications of both situations are.

Paragraph 4: I don't like this. You got criticized for "scumhunting too far," but are willing to attack someone else for it? Don't like it one bit.
Panzerjager wrote: Night speculation IS ANTITOWN. It's given mafia info which gives them room to plan their next attack and depending on who says what they could very clearly pick a good nightkill. Who killed who DOESN"T matter cause unless the other killing party claims their kills we'll never know who the kills were.

Anyway, Lester is definently by far the scummiest and Alexhans is not far behind. This is due to so openly wanting to give the scum information about what the town thinks about their night actions which is terribly scummy and the only motivation I can see behind that is self-congratulations.
This is probably the worst post by far. So we have conflicting ideas on looking at the night actions. We need to look at what the mafia might have had in mind (on both sides of Amished or Gateway being the mafia kill) to see what the benefit may be. Again, there is the double-bluff situation, but the object of the town and for a successful win is to find which is the more plausible explanation, and which the mafia would most likely use, based on the what people have said, and supported in the thread. Although I don't put all of my weight into night speculation, it is necessary as it spurs on conversation in finding scum. We need to find possibile explanations and theories to their actions, and weed out the irrational ones. That's part of the game: looking at all given information, and using it together to find scum, and looking at the night actions (since it is hard evidence) is necessary.

As an aside, personally, I put a lot of weight into vote analysis and patterns. I have found that it is very useful in finding remaining scum, and becomes useful in later rounds. I do not intend on doing it for just the first round, however, as the sample size is so small. I will do it after D2, and subsequent days, and it is very useful in finding scum.

DDD, in Post 339, fairly again gives reasoning and defends himself against Zach. Zach then defends himself adequately, in my opinion.
@DDD, I really don't like putting people as pairs early in the game. It has the possibility of absolving individuals that are scum, and making others look scummier. Again, it comes down to the defend/attack issue I brought up- scum have more information so we need to look at the conext. Personally, I don't like Zach's retaliatory vote for DDD. Although it looks scummy, I think their exchange looks like two townies against each other.
Zachrulez wrote: I think you are stretching a bit and most certainly OMGUSing Steph. I can see both sides of the argument in this instance. I believe Panzer's reaction comes from a position of not wanting to risk power role tells being dropped in NK conversation, which would benefit the scum.

I can see what he is saying. I do agree with Panzer that speculation on the stepup and possible roles is irrelevant, and gives mafia places to hide, but the hard facts of the NKs and their alignments need to be analyzed. Along the same boat, in our given situation, people's reactions to which one of the NKs was the mafia's needs to be addressed, as well as possible reasons why, which is where I disagree with Panzer. Oh, and I don't like the reasoning for your vote, Zach.

I still would like to know what people think in both situations: Amished as mafia kill and Gateway as mafia kill. Looking at both possibilities is necessary in this round for finding scum, and both scenarios need to be addressed.

@Zach's 347. Well he defended himself on both accounts. Do you think his responses weren't adequate, because I do. You seem to be extremely bullheaded and strongwilled to the point where you are never wrong. This is simply never the case.

At this point, I find Steph, Zach, and Panzer's play to be scummy at this point. Again, I urge Ash to add more to the conversation.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”