War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:38 am

Post by populartajo »

you all are taking advantage of my shit situation in surgery right now.
why this town is so fucking disorganized?
listen, scum are likely to have rage the same day that they had the previous week
why are we distributing damage? we need to kill 1 scum NAO to reduce rage
q21 WHY TJE FUCK DID YOU HURT NUWEN IF PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKELY TROWN AER HURTING ROLF?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 am

Post by populartajo »

hurt : abr
Call me Tajo.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
roflcopter wrote: q21 could have been an endgame threat to the scum until firestarter just talked him into using all his ammunition.
Right, and that's exactally why it dosn't really seem like a town role to me; town should never win a one on one edgame.

Did town have anything like that in earlier War in Heaven games?
not that i know of, but endgame certainly worked differently than in a normal mafia game. even when it was 2 scum and 1 town alive, they had to slug it out to the bitter end. so town q21 with a buttload of zeal left would have been a HUGE endgame problem for scum. firestarter just successfully neutralized most of that threat.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, is ABR at lynch -1 now?

Rofl: Good point. If q21 is town, then firestarter may have wanted him to use up his ability now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Nuwen »

Not doing very well on the RL front.

But I'd prefer that my hurt cooldown not go to waste. Anyone object to a power-hammer on ABR?

I laid out my case on ABR in a pbpa a few pages ago - I'd prefer to get the Rofl/Nuwen split put to rest before flipping ABR, but will adapt to the semi-consensus forming against him.

If ABR is the common denominator between multiple scum suspects, why are hurts being distributed between all suspects and not being concentrated on the keystone? If ABR's flip determines other alignments in this game, I don't understand the town motive behind lowering other player's health prior to his flip. This sets up other players for rage sniping, lowers the cumulative health of the town, and delays information acquisition for the town. tl;dr: If both ABR and Fonz are scum because of a fuckton of WIFOMable bussing, why is Rofl switching off to Fonz before ABR is dead?

I also think Q21's damage splitting is foolish and anti-town. There's
no reason
to dump extra damage on one target while harming another. If Q21's zeal damage is a town tool and not a disguise for rage damage, it'd be better spent gaining ground in a damage race against scum if the town fucks up another lynch. We're either in LYLO right now (4 scum alive) or will be in the event of another mislynch (3 scum alive).
q21 wrote: I personally feel she's more likely scum than rofl. I want her at 9 life so that if rofl flips town I can kill her as soon possible (I'll be able to do that much damage once I get a bump in Zeal tomorrow). Unless the scum get a completely broken amount of rage she should still be safe at 9 if she's town.
Where did the number 9 come from? I might have misread, but thus far scum have only used 6 rage at a time. We were operating around this suspected cap to keep pro-town players out of rage range. Honestly, I see
no
reason for multiple players to be below their maximum health right now. In LYLO, there's nothing barring scum from dumping their maximum rage and then speedhurting that player in-thread for the win.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
The Fonz wrote:What I would suggest is that this being true makes a 2-2 seraph distribution FAR more likely.
My beef with this is that it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Flay has done this setup in smaller format before. Would he paint the scum with obvious targets?

How many Seraphs are there? Four? We kill all four at game start, bang-bang-bang-bang and we hit 2 scum?
I've been mulling over this setup issue since Walt's flip - if Rofl hadn't been behind so many town deaths in addition to trying to kill off
two
people at once, the 2:2 split would seem like bullshit. But his consistent, remarkably anti-town behavior has confirmed the 2:2 to me. If both living Seraphim were actually behaving in a pro-town manner, I'd have no problem accepting a 3:1 setup.
Nuwen wrote:
roflcopter wrote:say nuwen, would you agree to having your blade directed by q21?
Not without another reread (I'm on cooldown for awhile anyway). At this point, I'm not taking any invites to hurt/heal at face value.
I've thought about the above too. If q21's claim is true (disregarding alignment), then trying to whittle away his high bank of hitpoints would be a terrible waste of time. If he's actually town and zeal points != a cover for rage damage, the town would be wasting a lot of time and cooldowns to kill yet another town player. If his zeal points are actually rage and his claim was a cover, then his damage capacity has been neutered after the dumb on ABR and two town players endgamed with him can finish him off on a hurt/heal rotation.
Yosarian2 wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I concur. Xyl is also quick to come to conclusions without any evidence.
DrippingGoofball wrote:rofl and Xyl are still town.
So you think quick conclusions are scummy, eh?
Not sure what you mean here, Nuwen, but I don’t think anyone could claim that jumping to conclusions is a reliable DGB scumtell of any type, lol; DGB jumping to random conclusions pretty much just is a sign that DGB is playing the game.
I was commenting on Zwet's selective application. If "quick conclusions" equals a tell to him, he wasn't applying it universally at that stage in the game.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Nuwen »

Nuwen wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
roflcopter wrote:say nuwen, would you agree to having your blade directed by q21?
Not without another reread (I'm on cooldown for awhile anyway). At this point, I'm not taking any invites to hurt/heal at face value.
I've thought about the above too. If q21's claim is true (disregarding alignment), then trying to whittle away his high bank of hitpoints would be a terrible waste of time. If he's actually town and zeal points != a cover for rage damage, the town would be wasting a lot of time and cooldowns to kill yet another town player. If his zeal points are actually rage and his claim was a cover, then his damage capacity has been neutered after the
dumb
on ABR and two town players endgamed with him can finish him off on a hurt/heal rotation.
*dump
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

i think abr should be dead now. he was at 9 damage, abd tajo and i just did an extra three. my fonz hurt was too early.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Albert's brave stand against the final blows buffeting his body did little to stop the onslaught; in the end, he crumbled once more, this time for good, and a holy mist slowly rose from his recumbent form.
God wrote:ALBERT, YOUR ENTHUSIASM AND SERVICE WERE WELL-PLACED, BUT I REGRET TO SEE YOU GO. REST EASILY NOW...
Albert B. Rampage, Loyal Arel, was cast out of Heaven.

FIRST DAMAGE TALLY OF THE TWENTY-FOURTH ÆONDrippingGoofball, q21, The Fonz, and Yosarian2 are all at normal HP.
Nuwen has 2 damage.
populartajo and Firestarter have 3 damage each.
roflcopter has 5 damage.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

its official. firestarter is scum.
soi soi soi

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:24 am

Post by populartajo »

roflcopter wrote:its official. firestarter is scum.
no, you should have been dead instead of abr
fire is prob town
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:25 am

Post by populartajo »

WE MUST MASSCLAIM NAO
Call me Tajo.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:28 am

Post by q21 »

FUCK! What a fucking waste. My apologies, but seriously fuck.

I wish I'd thought of this before I wasted my ZP or my hurt, but I think I have an idea that could guarantee a win for town. Obviously, I think its genius, but I may be wrong.

It requires the following assumptions to be true:
- At least one of rofl and nuwen is town.
- Neither rofl or nuwen is a massive HP fallen version of myself.

Personally I like the chances of the above, therefore I put forward this idea:

STAGE 1: We leave both of seraphim and myself alive. We go about killing everyone else (still in order of scumminess, of course). That leads to a final three situation with myself and two seraphim, or possibly a town victory before that point even.

STAGE 2: If both rofl an nuwen are town we win here. If only one is town then that one hurts the other. There is no way to control what a scum seraph would do here, but if they do anything other than attack the town seraph I'll know who to join in with, otherwise I will stay out of the fighting at this point.

STAGE 3: If that damage race is won by the loyal seraph than the LOYAL ANGELS WIN. If not then I should have accrued enough ZP from the deaths of Fallen in stage 1 and from the passage of time to win the final damage race with an injured scum seraph.

Final Result: LOYAL ANGELS WIN!

Genius or Idiocy?

I would suggest killing people in this order, anyone who agrees should suggest an order of their own:
The Fonz
Firestarter
Yosarian2
Populartajo
DGB

I'm actually happy to let DGB live through the entire thing because she could easily have framed me as scum a few posts ago and probably won the game for scum. She didn't. She is obvtown for me.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 am

Post by populartajo »

Q21, where does rage fit in your plan?
we have to kill yos and rolf.
everybody ignored my case on them and what happened in the last pages regarding xyl?
also, we should massclaim nao
Call me Tajo.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Firestarter »

Yosarian2 wrote:
roflcopter wrote: q21 could have been an endgame threat to the scum until firestarter just talked him into using all his ammunition.
Right, and that's exactally why it dosn't really seem like a town role to me; town should never win a one on one edgame.

Did town have anything like that in earlier War in Heaven games?
No, but that was a mini.

BTW, did you guys stop and think for one moment why it might be a good idea for Q to go after 1 of the players most of us think is scum atm???

The one major plus I see, is that if ABR is indeed scum, then I'd imagine that any rage points he accumulates does not come into play once dead.

While Im here...

HURT:Albert B. Rampage
Target is already dead; action unspent.
('') (':') ('')
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:38 am

Post by populartajo »

er, abr is deead?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:40 am

Post by populartajo »

kay, flay didnt call the game
that means either
a) there are only 3 scum left
b) there is a sk
c) flay is a masochist and likes loyal angels to suffer

q21 do you think rolf is town?
Call me Tajo.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:45 am

Post by q21 »

populartajo wrote:Q21, where does rage fit in your plan?
we have to kill yos and rolf.
everybody ignored my case on them and what happened in the last pages regarding xyl?
also, we should massclaim nao
Rage, right. I did think of that, just forgot to include the analysis. Good question.

Scum have three options for their rage in this scenario.

Rage on a townie in the five people who aren't rofl, nuwen or me.
This will only increase the speed at which we get to the final three. I believe the scum Rage accumulation is based mostly on time, like my own Zeal accumulation rate.

Scum Rage on me. It will simply improve their chances in the final damage race between myself and scum seraph. My ZP and HP should go some way toward minimising the effect.

Scum Rage on the town Seraph. Most likely. This allows them to win the Seraph v Seraph damage race more quickly. I still end up with fighting an injured seraph. They can do more damage in-thread, but I will have more ZP by then and I have lots of HP.

Unless the scum have an absolute boatload of RP it shouldn't stop the loyals from winning if we follow my plan.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 am

Post by q21 »

EBWOP:

This will only increase the speed at which we get to the final three. I believe the scum Rage accumulation is based mostly on time, like my own Zeal accumulation rate. So they will actually be hurting themselves if they do this.

Added last sentence.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:50 am

Post by q21 »

populartajo wrote:kay, flay didnt call the game
that means either
b) there is a sk

The last game didn't even end when it was 1 town v 2 scum. Trust me, I was second last townie to die, I know very well how that game ended.

I don't know which Seraph is town. Maybe both are. So long as at least one is my plan will work.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 am

Post by populartajo »

q21 wrote:EBWOP:

This will only increase the speed at which we get to the final three. I believe the scum Rage accumulation is based mostly on time, like my own Zeal accumulation rate. So they will actually be hurting themselves if they do this.

Added last sentence.
omg, how could i forget this?
how does your zeak work?
it should work like rage?
we can predict this way how many rage scum have now
Call me Tajo.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Firestarter »

populartajo wrote:er, abr is deead?
Yes, I just noticed that AND rofl calling for my head after I posted... missed the last page...

rofl... I asked for Q to demonstrate the power yes, and on someone most of us thought was scum, including you.

You calling for my head because I got it wrong is the biggest "pot and kettle" situation Ive ever seen.

If we just hit scum, we'd be much the better for it now.
1 scum would have been taken out, as well as the rage points they can use.
Plus we'd have an extra townie to battle what scum had left.

But we hit another town... again..

I have full faith in the townies that are left to see that I was genuinly trying to hit scum, try to deduce through reason who was towns biggest enemy, unlike others still alive.

This is a perfect opportunity for scum to blacken my name now, and look for another mislynch.

Before you all think about that however, I'd ask you to look at rofl's latest few posts claiming Im scum.

Check out his reaction.

After I applied pressure on rofl a few pages back, his posting had an air of resignation about it, no? It looked highly likely he was gonna be lynched as his wagon grew pace.
But now look... after another townie has been mislynched....
Is this the reaction of a townie who knows the game may be lost, looking for me to be lynched asap.
Or is it more reminiscent of a scum player seeing the end is nigh?
('') (':') ('')
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:59 am

Post by populartajo »

hurt rolf now
Call me Tajo.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am

Post by q21 »

populartajo wrote:
q21 wrote:EBWOP:

Added last sentence.
omg, how could i forget this?
how does your zeak work?
it should work like rage?
we can predict this way how many rage scum have now
[quote="q21]Zeal Points are the Loyal version of Rage Points. I started with 2, I get 2 every Sunday and I get 1 every time a Fallen Angel is cast from heaven. I have used none. [/quote]

Seriously hope the scum don't get 2 RP/week each, but I expect it is based mostly on time. Maybe 1 each/week and 1 for the team/Loyal deaths.

ALSO: DO NOT HURT ROFL! MY PLAN WILL WORK DAMMIT! LEAVE THE SERAPHS ALONE!

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am

Post by q21 »

EBWOP: I fail at quote tags.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

populartajo wrote:kay, flay didnt call the game
that means either
b) there is a sk

you were IN the other game tajo, did you read the endgame? even when it was two fallen angels to one loyal angel they had to play it out.

q21's plan is genius. we should follow it to the letter. anyone opposed to it just knows it fucks the scum team hard.

i am now following the q21 master plan. it wins the game.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”