Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Zer0ph34r wrote:I effed up that night investigating! Btw, does anyone have a suggestion of who I should investigate tonight? [Assuming I'm not lynched or killed.] If not, I'm going to investigate acfan1983 [assuming he is not lynched or killed].
Definitely
do not
investigate:
Dejkha
Q21
Killer 7
(whatever person we lynch today)

Other than that, it would probably be better not to investigate:
acfan: we already know he will be "guilty"
yourself: if you're really a cop, you should be "innocent"
... while these investigations could help indicate your sanity, they wouldn't provide any useful information.

Of the remaining people (if they are still alive):
Archaist
Don_J
Herodotus
Jazzmyn
Looker
Porkens
Sotty
... you'll pretty much have to decide on your own, though listening to suggestions might be helpful. Most of the time, you shouldn't state in the thread whom you are going to investigate in advance.

Lurker wrote:::hops up and down like a whiny brat:: I just wanna plaaay!! I'm not hurtin anybody!
Please begin. Seriously -- you refuse to even tell us whether you have or have not read the game so far. It's entirely your choice to play or not; if you're not going to, then ask to be replaced.

@Archaist:
Very happy that you have joined us.
Archaist wrote:Post #568: ac1983fan claims he is NK immune, which is not pro-town at all. Without that information the mafia could have wasted a NK attempt on him, but now that possibility is significantly reduced as I doubt the mafia would be willing to make such a gamble.
It is my suspicion that Don_J intentionally drew this information out of acfan. He's answered this argument, but his defence isn't a 100% thing.

Since Post 102 was nonspecific (I mentioned "ongoing games,") let me clarify that I was mostly referring to Zero's games in which he claimed scum when he was town. Also, my previous game included Empking, who is known for looking suspicious.

Also see post 552, in which I explain why a mafia member still ought to come forward even if they can't convince us they're the SK. The deadline weakens this argument, I suppose.
Archaist wrote:Post #395: Hammers killa seven pretty quickly.
I disagree with the timing of the hammer, but Porkens did indicate in advance that he would place it if K7 reached L-1.
Everyone should note Porkens has stated that he would hammer AC if he reached L-1.
I don't like his statements of intent, but it's better than doing it without warning as soon as someone reaches L-1.

Jazzmyn wrote:Some of us (me included) do not trust acfan to act in the town's best interest so it would be preferable to be able to direct his night kill to 'test' him, as it were, but we simultaneously run the risk of mafia interference in the event that they have certain roles available to them, which would lead to us being no better off tomorrow even if we do adopt acfan's plan.
And if the mafia has a busdriver, the town would almost certainly lose.

Top of page 30 vote count:

ac1983fan 2 (Zer0ph34r, Archaist)
Porkens 1 (ac1983fan)
Zer0ph34r 1 (Porkens)
Jazzmyn 1 (Looker)
Looker 1 (Herodotus)

Not voting: Jazzmyn, ac1983fan, Sotty7, don_johnson

With 9 still packing it takes 5 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.

Prods: None
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Yeah, freakin' hilarious, Herodotus. You're saying I shouldn't investigate at all? I realize I may be a paranoid cop, but I would feel better getting some kind of info. And investigating acfan1983 and getting a response saying that he is scum would be like a way of knowing my sanity, I mean, assuming he is scum, which I can agree with anyone who says so.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jazzmyn: Town vibes.

Archaist Replacing Erratus Apathos: I like the vote on AC, even though it could be scum self-preservation.

Sotty7 Replacing ZEEnon: Scotty's done a decent job replacing the ZEE. I still think he's scum though.

Porkens Replacing Plonky: I've sucked hard the last few days. I moved to Arkansas in a hurry recently. So it's...been interesting.

Herodotus: If he's scum, town looses. Flat out. I'm not going to vote for him at any point.

Tovarish: Is he still in the game? Lord. I still don't like his defenses of other players but he's not the scummiest today.

ac1983fan: Win no counter-claim, it makes sense to lynch him, to me.

Zer0ph34r: I don't believe his cop claim. I don't believe in his persona or meta. I reserve the right to say "I told you so" when the time comes (not necessarily in this game). May or may not be scum. Just as intended; there's no way to tell.

don_johnson : Has played well this game. I wont vote for him, either.

Scotty and Archaist for scum.

Don and Herod for paranoid scum.

unvote; vote: AC
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Zer0ph34r wrote:Yeah, freakin' hilarious, Herodotus. You're saying I shouldn't investigate at all?
That's not what I said at all. Point out where I supposedly said that.
You asked for suggestions, and I divided the players into three categories, one you should not consider, one I wouldn't recommend, and one that would theoretically be most useful.

Check the part where I wrote "of the remaining people..."
I think you should choose any of the seven names following that line. Most people playing cops like to choose the person they find most suspicious, while some of the most experienced players choose on a different basis.
If you want, you can choose yourself or acfan; but even then you won't be entirely certain of your sanity. Also, if the mafia kill you before you have time to make any more investigations, it won't matter what your sanity is.
Just don't investigate someone who is dead.

And I really wonder how you decided all this meant I was telling you not to investigate. It's unfair and sometimes offensive when you imply someone said something they didn't say.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Porkens wrote:
Tovarish: Is he still in the game? Lord. I still don't like his defenses of other players but he's not the scummiest today.
I guess I'm not the only one who forgets who replaced who and who has been replaced....
Not a dayvig.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Looker »

looker replaced tovarish (quite ineffectively if i may add - don't tell him i said that)
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Yeah, Herodotus, when I saw "other than that, it would probably be better not to investigate:" I didn't see the colon.
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Herodotus wrote:And if the mafia has a busdriver, the town would almost certainly lose.
I've looked at the wiki but can't find anything on this - what is a busdriver?

@Looker: if you aren't going to play the game, please request a replacement.

Regards,
Jazz
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:31 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: ac1983fan

i think you are mafia. if you have anything else you would like to say. speak now or forever hold your piece(peace?).

jazz: i think a busdriver switches peoples roles at night or something to that effect.

looker: if you are town you
need
to contribute.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Looker »

gaah! I AM!
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:44 am

Post by ac1983fan »

don_johnson wrote:
vote: ac1983fan

i think you are mafia. if you have anything else you would like to say. speak now or forever hold your piece(peace?).
I am the SK. I am not mafia. I have done everything I can to try and prove that to you. Good luck town, I really don't want the mafia to win, but you're helping them out here. I wish there wasn't so much flavor in the night scenes... I still feel pretty confidant about porkens...
Now who will hammer moi? Just keep in mind, the mafia have much more to gain from my death then the town.
Not a dayvig.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:52 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^^^ if you really want town to win then this isn't helping. its all about self preservation for you. even if you are who you say you are, you're still scum. that's the problem with this scenario.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Herodotus »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Herodotus wrote:And if the mafia has a busdriver, the town would almost certainly lose.
I've looked at the wiki but can't find anything on this - what is a busdriver?

@Looker: if you aren't going to play the game, please request a replacement.

Regards,
Jazz
Sorry, should have been two words.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Bus_Driver
The wiki calls it a pro-town role, but I can't think of any reason why a mafia couldn't have this power. That said, it's quite uncommon.

Does anyone have anything to say before the day ends?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:07 am

Post by don_johnson »

anyone not on the ac wagon should place a vote regardless.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:32 am

Post by ac1983fan »

don_johnson wrote:^^^^ if you really want town to win then this isn't helping. its all about self preservation for you. even if you are who you say you are, you're still scum. that's the problem with this scenario.
I'd rather not have the mafia win, but that's just my opinion. my plan technically would've helped town more than myself, but now, I'm almost certainly going to be lynched and lose regardless. So you do technically get a scum, but you'll be in lylo definite lylo tomorrow.
Not a dayvig.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

how do you know its definite?

i am okay if someone wants to hammer.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:48 am

Post by ac1983fan »

don_johnson wrote:how do you know its definite?

i am okay if someone wants to hammer.
because in all likelyhood the mafia kill will go through tonight. Maybe not definite lylo, but almost definite lylo.
Not a dayvig.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Jazzmyn Post 724 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Does that mean you would have had the same reaction if he had done that to another player?
That's a valid question, actually, and the answer is "probably, yes, although I might not have prefaced it with the word 'awesome'" and I would have followed up with questioning him about the basis for his apparently baseless vote, etc. It is because it was directed to me that I found it humorous enough to preface my response with the word, 'awesome' but had it been directed to someone else, it is unlikely that I would not have found it humorous, since I do not know the alignment of anyone else with any certainty.
Okay, it was the awesome that put me on edge. This explanation actually makes sense to me. It is another plausible side to the events at least.
Herodotus Post 725 wrote:
Jazzmyn wrote:Some of us (me included) do not trust acfan to act in the town's best interest so it would be preferable to be able to direct his night kill to 'test' him, as it were, but we simultaneously run the risk of mafia interference in the event that they have certain roles available to them, which would lead to us being no better off tomorrow even if we do adopt acfan's plan.
And if the mafia has a busdriver, the town would almost certainly lose.
This is a leap isn't it? Is this a normal game right?

Vote: Ac

I've gone back and forth on this but I still think there is a chance he could be scum. If he's not I really don't trust him to act in the towns best interest at all. So in all it's lose lose. Hammer time.

Zero – Listen to what Hero said. Make sure you don't pick someone who is dead and make your own choice out of these people:

Archaist
Don_J
Herodotus
Jazzmyn
Looker
Porkens
Sotty
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Gah!

I meant pick someone who is
n't
dead. Isn't!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:13 am

Post by raider8169 »

ac1983fan 5 (Zer0ph34r, Archaist, Porkens, don_johnson, Sotty7)

The sun started setting. Everyone was still gathered in the center of town trying to figure out what to do.

ac1983fan tries and tries to explain. "Look I am a killer but I am not part of the mafia lets work together and kill them!"

Zer0ph34r, Archaist, Porkens, don_johnson, and Sotty7 had other plans.

ac1983fan pulled out a knife "look this is what I used to kill! I am telling the truth!"

"Yup that looks like a knife the mafia would use. Lets kill him!

What seemed to take hours maybe days or even months ac1983fan hung out on the tree to die. At least he got to keep his knife, they thrusted it into the middle of his back where it would stay.

ac1983fan, SK, lynched day 2

It is now night 3, please send in night actions. Day will start in 72 hours if not sooner.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:59 am

Post by raider8169 »

Yet agian the sun started to rise and the sad yet familiar muffeled scream was all that was heard. Everyone met up at the center of town to figure out what the noise was coming from.

Once there, everyone could see that there was a freshy dug spot. Assuming the worse they started digging up the spot. Little did they know the person was still alive. Once they found the body, they thought it best to keep digging. No one really knew why but after they started digging up shovel fulls of body parts they thought they had dug enough. Sure enough there was a body, unsure of who is was they took attendence.

Lets see is Jazzmyn here? Yup
Archaist, Sotty7, Porkens, Herodotus? Yup

Looker? Hey has anyone seen Looker. Everyone look around for Looker. Nope well that answers that.

Wait...shouldnt we finish to see if there are more missing?

I guess... Zer0ph34r, don_johnson, you guys here? Yup

Well that settles that. Everyone check around maybe he was scum after all...

After apon an hour or so of looking they said screw it and went to his house to see if anything valable was in there.

Wow, look at all this stuff. Yeah there are a few medical books over here...

Hey, look he has a whole hospital wing back here!

Wow, this isnt good...

Looker, Doc, buried and shoveled, killed night 2

It is now day 3. With 7 alive it takes four to lynch. Get to it!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:58 am

Post by Porkens »

sweet
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

F.
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Looker »

I was still...alive...? Lol, well, either way, GO TOWN! WOOOO!

::lifts top and shimmies::
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i am pretty sure you mean the opposite of sweet. odd choice of kill, especially considering how suspicious looker's posting was. i sure would like to hear from our "cop".

day 1 wagon:

killa seven 7 (Tovarish, dejkha, Jazzmyn,
ZEEnon,
Zer0ph34r
don_johnson, Porkens
)

day 2 wagon:

ac1983fan 5 (
Zer0ph34r
, Archaist,
Porkens, don_johnson, Sotty7
)