Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:54 am

Post by SlySly »

Though, I wouldn't call a Survivor role antitown, just proSurvivor.

Votecount

Not Voting - 0 - [Des, Sly, Has, Plum, Kmd, Imaginality][/b]
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:Why would you guess SK over protown vig?
Yes, I vos vonderink zis last night olso. His soggeschon is (Mafia:SK:Survivor:Town) 2:1:1:8 insted ov 3:0:1:9. I am curious vy he vud say SK is more likely.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: His soggeschon is (Mafia:SK:Survivor:Town) 2:1:1:8 insted ov 3:0:1:9.
Either way, we are one person away from a town win. That makes me think a mass claim might just be a good idea.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by destructor »

Joo are probably right.

I vud like ze claims to happen in an order somzink like this:
imaginality
Kmd
Hazcow
Sly
me
Plom

I olzo noticed zat no von is silenced today. Haz, do joo know vy joo vere silenced?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

...nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii...
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by destructor »

Privyet!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

destructor wrote: I olzo noticed zat no von is silenced today. Haz, do joo know vy joo vere silenced?
I have a guess, but it should wait for massclaim.

I think imaginality wants to talk?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Post by imaginality »

hasdgfas wrote:Imaginality, your thoughts on kittens?
I am preferrink dogs. And alpacas of courrrz but zat goes vifout zayink.
I haf no ztrong feelinks about kitten, one vay orr ozzer.
SlySly wrote: I would like to know what everyone thinks about the following things...

1. How many scum do you think are left?
2. Which is more likely amongst us, a serial killer or a protown vig that had unfortunate aim on night 1?
3. Is a mass claim a good idea at this point in the game?
1. I am vif Kmd on zis; 3 scum/ 1 lyncher, 1 zurvivor (both zomvhat neutral rrroles) / 7 town to me seems rrreasonable. Vich implies vun scum left. Vif each night two kills, ve zhud not be rulink out SK, but I can definitely be seeingk vig makink zose kills.

So, vun scum or vun SK (most likely). Vun scum
and
vun SK zeems like too much (I am azzumink eifen bastard mod games are balanced, yes?).

2. Kills zeem like vuns a vig vud make but zat doesn't rule out SK (verraz more illogical kills vud rule out vig). I say 60-40 vig-SK.

3. Massclaim is I am also belief to be good idea. I am happy to claim in vhatefer rreason if majorrrity is in favour of massclaim.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:50 am

Post by SlySly »

Plum, cat got your tongue?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Plum »

SlySly wrote:Plum, cat got your tongue?
Plum has been busy and stuff and in fact must run to class ASAP. She does, however, promise a post much more extensive than this one tonight.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:06 am

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote:
SlySly wrote:Plum, cat got your tongue?
Plum has been busy and stuff and in fact must run to class ASAP. She does, however, promise a post much more extensive than this one tonight.
Understood. Looking forward to the post.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Plum »

Hey, guys.
SlySly wrote:I would like to know what everyone thinks about the following things...

1. How many scum do you think are left?
2. Which is more likely amongst us, a serial killer or a protown vig that had unfortunate aim on night 1?
3. Is a mass claim a good idea at this point in the game?
1. 1 Mafia member, probably. If not that, none.

2. At first my gut instinct was 'SK, because this is a Bastard Mod game and I wouldn't put it past Mirth to throw in a scum team
and
three neutral/third-party roles (dahill, Caf being two who've already flipped). However, the possibilities would be:
3:1:1:1:6 = unlikely - Town isn't even a majority, and that's beyond unusual, even for a Bastard game. Mafia might be rather overpowered?
2:1:1:1:7 = still relatively few town numbers, but as two of the neutral/third party roles don't go around shooting people up and stuff, this looks more balanced and likely than the above.
3:1:1:7 = with a Vig, Cop, and a smattering of unknown-as-yet powers, possible.
2:1:1:7 = Less likely, Mafia looks a bit underpowered, especially with relative flips, but there's some hidden info. Possible, but not probable.

So, having thought it all out, the likelihood is on killing, anti-town role still out there. Most probable thing is 3:1:1:7 with a Town Vig, to my relatively unpracticed eye. As others have said, the kills make plenty of sense for a Vig to make.

Assuming that's the case - can we assume that a massclaim would be worth it? I find myself woefully undereducated in the matter, as I've usually had to face massclaims only in more dire, LYLO situations. Many do seem to support it, though, and the possibility of being able to rule out certain possibilities today might make that final push, I suppose.

@ Sly - you were the first to bring up a massclam, so can I ask you to highlight the specific benefits as you see them?

Thoughts on potential suspects:
des-Glork wrote:I voz gettink more pro-town feelink from sly in day 2. Only major concern I hav is zat he voted for caf over elvis and made a comment about elvis beink moor likely town vor somthink zat did not vorrant it.
Those are concerns of mine as well. The moderately scummy play Day 1 combined with Day 2 erratic play (claiming not to have strong feelings or cases and attacking for weak reasons for that point of the game) do not sit well with me.

Having taken a quick scan of Glork, I note that he did feel that EK was pretty pro-town. My gut on des-Glork, I realize, is likely screwed to heck, with my subconcious having processed des as having flipped town, I may not have seen her as clearly as I should have. Though I des-Glork was for the EK lynch (though he had no vote . . .). Will have to do another reread. Had a vague thought that Kmd might be Lyncher with Isacc as target, but want to reevaluate.

On another note, Hascow's post does read like a total train-of-thought and looks like he did what we asked. I get a vibe of honesty off of it, to tell you the truth, so good gut on Hascow.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: However, the possibilities would be:

3:1:1:1:6 = unlikely - Town isn't even a majority, and that's beyond unusual, even for a Bastard game. Mafia might be rather overpowered?
I agree, unlikely. Town at great disadvantage.
Plum wrote: 2:1:1:1:7 = still relatively few town numbers, but as two of the neutral/third party roles don't go around shooting people up and stuff, this looks more balanced and likely than the above.
This puts us 1 away from a town win.
Plum wrote: 3:1:1:7 = with a Vig, Cop, and a smattering of unknown-as-yet powers, possible.
This puts us 1 away from a town win. I think this is the most likely scenario because every game I have ever been in that had a GF, there were 2 other scum. I don't know if this is how it always is, but that is how it has been in the games I have been a part of that had a GF. Has this been the experience of everyone else?
Plum wrote: 2:1:1:7 = Less likely, Mafia looks a bit underpowered, especially with relative flips, but there's some hidden info. Possible, but not probable.
Impossible, town would have already won. Besides, that only adds up to 11. That would have to be 2:1:1:8.

-----------------------------------
Plum wrote: @ Sly - you were the first to bring up a massclam, so can I ask you to highlight the specific benefits as you see them?
1. I have reason to believe that mis-lynching a townie will be disastrous for the town today.
2. I think there is a good possibility that we are 1 person away from getting a town win.
3. I think a discussion of the claims could help expose the fake claim and ensure we lynch the non-townie today to claim the town victory.

I am very inexperienced at being this deep into a game. If I am missing something and a mass claim would more likely hurt the town, please speak up and educate me. If a mass claim is definitely a bad idea, I don't want to push it.

Plum wrote: Thoughts on potential suspects:
des-Glork wrote:I voz gettink more pro-town feelink from sly in day 2. Only major concern I hav is zat he voted for caf over elvis and made a comment about elvis beink moor likely town vor somthink zat did not vorrant it.
Those are concerns of mine as well. The moderately scummy play Day 1 combined with Day 2 erratic play (claiming not to have strong feelings or cases and attacking for weak reasons for that point of the game) do not sit well with me.
Historically, I have been a terrible mafia player. My role in this game allowed me to play my usual game on day 1 because I knew Sasquatch was highly unlikely to be taken down so soon. Being my usual self lead to me to being able to prove I was telling the truth about the nature of my role, twice.

My read on Darox was terrible but towards the end of day 1, his persistence to be unhelpful by refusing to fulfill his promises, lead me to state that I was moving towards support of his lynch.

After Isaac's claim, I prematurely cleared EK in my mind and even stated so. I initially thought that since she didn't hammer Isaac, it was due to her trying to not kill town. I now realize that she was only trying to prevent suspicion on herself by not hammering Isacc.

I notice you have left imaginality and kmd off of your list of suspects. Have you cleared your mind of any suspicion on those 2? If so, why?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by SlySly »

As for my suspicion on caf, I just never felt he was playing protown. He played this game as procaf as I demonstrated before...
SlySly wrote:
caf19 wrote: it will help me if you buy it so it's a case of believing that I'm town.
caf19 wrote: the consequences are far more personal. Which is why I have to get y'all to believe I'm town, as you'd presumably want to help a townie out.
caf19 wrote: Also, a friendly reminder that you can still
buy:lemonade
if you happen to want some refreshment and/or want to help
me
out.
Paraphrasing... 'I have to get everyone believing I am town so they can help ME out.'
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:
Plum wrote: 3:1:1:7 = with a Vig, Cop, and a smattering of unknown-as-yet powers, possible.
This puts us 1 away from a town win. I think this is the most likely scenario because every game I have ever been in that had a GF, there were 2 other scum. I don't know if this is how it always is, but that is how it has been in the games I have been a part of that had a GF. Has this been the experience of everyone else?
Not specifically in my experience, bot von GF and von ozzer Mafia is not impossible. However, I do not beleev zis is ze caze here.
Sly wrote:1. I have reason to believe that mis-lynching a townie will be disastrous for the town today.
2. I think there is a good possibility that we are 1 person away from getting a town win.
3. I think a discussion of the claims could help expose the fake claim and ensure we lynch the non-townie today to claim the town victory.

I am very inexperienced at being this deep into a game. If I am missing something and a mass claim would more likely hurt the town, please speak up and educate me. If a mass claim is definitely a bad idea, I don't want to push it.
I zink zis is good reezonink.

Zere is von thing I am interezted in knowink
from everyvon:
Vud joo be willink to allow Plom to decide vezzer she shood claim at her own dizcreshon?

Olso, is everyvon happy to follow the claim order I soggested?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by imaginality »

Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 am

Post by destructor »

Wassup.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:06 am

Post by imaginality »

destructor wrote:Zere is von thing I am interezted in knowink from everyvon: Vud joo be willink to allow Plom to decide vezzer she shood claim at her own dizcreshon?

Azzumink Plom still confirmed innozent is (i.e. no vun says zey rroleblocked Isacc night 1) zen yes, I am okay viz zis. (I vud only to hope, if it zeems ve can combine ze claimed rroles in orrder to brreak ze game for town, Plom vud claim if her role could help viz zat, yes?)
destructor wrote:Olso, is everyvon happy to follow the claim order I soggested?
Yes.

It zeems only Kmd is beink against massclaim? Zo unlezz anyvun elz obyects to it or to ze order destrroctor prrroposes, I vill claim in my next (non-zinkink) post.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:01 am

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: Zere is von thing I am interezted in knowink
from everyvon:
Vud joo be willink to allow Plom to decide vezzer she shood claim at her own dizcreshon?

Mass claim = everyone claims. Why would you want Plum excluded from the claim?

As far as order goes, I am fine with any order. I have already claimed so I really shouldn't be considered in the order.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am

Post by imaginality »

Vrei sa pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi.

Vrei sã pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:30 am

Post by SlySly »

come again?!?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:19 am

Post by destructor »

Sly, I vill onzer joor kveschon later. I vud like ze ozzers to respond first.

I am certain that Plom, haz and kmd are all postink around ze site. Vy are joo not postink here?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

destructor wrote: I am certain that Plom, haz and kmd are all postink around ze site. Vy are joo not postink here?
This is one of my games I've fallen behind on. I had no access for a week while I was in 13 games and still haven't completely been able to keep up with everything. I'll get to it eventually.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:15 am

Post by hasdgfas »

destructor wrote:Zere is von thing I am interezted in knowink
from everyvon:

I do not believe that anyone should be exempt from claiming without a good reason, and you saying that she shouldn't claim isn't a good reason.

Claim order is fine.
destructor wrote:I am certain that Plom, haz and kmd are all postink around ze site. Vy are joo not postink here?
I have the week of doom at school right now, so I'm picking and choosing things that don't take too long, and I feel like this would be a bit too much time that I need to spend on my computer science project and studying for exams. Tomorrow, though, it should be over.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SlySly wrote: Why would you guess SK over protown vig?
The EK kill could have come from either side. A vig who suspected EK or an SK thinking who knows what or even an SK planning to claim vig. Night 1 could go either way too. So like I said, just a guess and I honestly don't think it matters yet. We are most likely only looking for one more scum whether it be mafia or SK anyway (considering the 2 mafia, 1 survivor, 1 lyncher already dead).
SlySly wrote:Though, I wouldn't call a Survivor role antitown, just proSurvivor.
But still not town. Neutral role.
destructor wrote: I vud like ze claims to happen in an order somzink like this:
imaginality
Kmd
Hazcow
Sly
me
Plom
If we are claiming, I'd prefer to see you claim before Sly.
imaginality wrote: So, vun scum or vun SK (most likely). Vun scum
and
vun SK zeems like too much (I am azzumink eifen bastard mod games are balanced, yes?).
I agree with this. One or the other, not both.
SlySly wrote: Historically, I have been a terrible mafia player. My role in this game allowed me to play my usual game on day 1 because I knew Sasquatch was highly unlikely to be taken down
so soon
. Being my usual self lead to me to being able to prove I was telling the truth about the nature of my role, twice.
Bolding is mine. Does this mean you aren't invincible?
destructor wrote: Zere is von thing I am interezted in knowink
from everyvon:
Considering Isacc confirmed her, she should only claim if she has info for us. Keep the scum guessing in case of a mislynch.
hasdgfas wrote: I do not believe that anyone should be exempt from claiming without a good reason, and you saying that she shouldn't claim isn't a good reason.
Interesting stance. Plum is 98% confirmed.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”