sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:18 am

Post by sekinj »

End of Day 7

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(0) Empking
(1) TonyMontana – by Empking
(1) ortolan – by Qanqan
(1) Qanqan – by zwetschenwasser
(0) Trumpet of Doom

(3) zwetschenwasser - by TonyMontana, Trumpet of Doom, ortolan

As the mob dwindles the rebels know the king must be there somewhere. But where? And where is the king’s final guard? Will he give his life for the king as have the other faithful guards? As the crowd starts pushing toward its final victims, Qanqan quietly steps aside and allow the mob to hone in on the great and noble King zwetschenwasser! The day ends in silence as the once magnificent king is slowly strangled to death… Qanqan, the only remaining guard, weeps in the background knowing that he is next.

The Kingdom is in ruins and the palace is ransacked! The Rebels have prevailed!

GAME OVER!!

Mod Notes:
Great job everyone! Good game! Thank you for your efforts to stay active!

As this is my very first attempt at modding I would
greatly
appreciate any criticisms, comments, or feedback you have! Please post them in thread or PM me. Thank you!
[/b]
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Empking »

Who was the guard?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

To be honest, when I looked at my role PM, and saw that Zwet was the king...

I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It's in the writeup. It was Qangan.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:Who was the guard?
Just saw.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 am

Post by sekinj »

Player Roles

P01 - Wall-E (
afatchic
) - Rebel
P02 - TonyMontana (
BlakAdder
) - Rebel
P03 - orangepenguin (
Citytube
) - Rebel

P04 - Corvuus - Guard

P05 - Empking - Rebel
P06 - Lynx The Antithesis (
erikw11
) - Rebel

P07 - Zachrulez (
Shinnen_no_Me, Magus_Stragus
) - Guard

P08 - TonyMontana (
veerus, hohum, Numberfourteen
) - Rebel
P09 - ortolan - Rebel

P10 - Qanqan - Guard

P11 - Trumpet of Doom - Rebel

P12 - zwetschenwasser - KING
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:10 am

Post by orangepenguin »

You know, I didn't even get a chance to put, but ZWET was so unbelievably scummy. Why did he last so long? Why didn't I even get a chance to post? Why did so many of you think that was a good idea? fjsadfwkfwrsgwrasjmgaszlk
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

That random lynching thing almost lost the town the game.

I could almost taste the victory after the mislynch that followed mine.

Then they lynched Corvus and I cursed.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:25 am

Post by sekinj »

What I thought was interesting: look at the track record of lynching everyone who replaced in... Only TonyMontana survived, and that is because he replaced in twice. even then he had votes against him.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Damn... I'm surprised that I stayed alive so long.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Random lynching wasn't the best plan. Kudos to ortolan and tony. Ortolan pinning Corvuus and quanqan as guard was fairly impressive. Tony nailing Zwet deserves some credit as well. Good job rebels.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 am

I tried to make myself look better by hammering Corvuus...
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Corvuus »

if I didn't get so busy and actually had time, there were still things left to try. Ironically, when I got back, I was lynched, and I think Zwet was the lynching vote (that punk) when I did the most to help him.

--------

I didn't know who guards were initially but I knew Zwet and Zwet... well... I think he was the worst king ever. I had several ideas/concepts but Zwet made me think he was a Jester King trying to get himself lynched and I had to alter alot.

Notes:

I was going to do discussion and not random lynch vote but Zwet screwed that plan. He was already acting in a way that I think he would be lynched via discussion so I had to go with the 'stupid way'.

So I had to 'cheat' on the random lynch vote. I had a feeling who guards may be and I knew Zwet was King so I crafted the 'ask inactive players to roll' on purpose.

I expected EMPking, Zwet, etc. (or anyone) to roll before they did and if the result wasn't to my liking (i.e. Zwet appeared), I could reject/argue out of it since it wasn't what I asked for. It didn't turn up Zwet and I doubted 2 guards would be on it so I figured it was good enough to continue on with a likelihood of 1 guard for 3 townies.

After the random lynching, there were different options to pursue, but I wanted to play cautious and 'see what happens'. But Zwet pulls out the 'i'm scummy! lynch me muahhahah!" and so I had to switch and try to pick up momentum to stop Zwet from killing himself. Sadly, he never took the hint and probably thought I wasn't a guard and that is why he hammered me.

Oro's logic was faulty (and he is a liar if anyone actually read) and if I was around (and Zwet didn't vote me) I think I could have gotten him lynched instead since his claim that he 'buddied' me to test things out is blatantly false. I simply wasn't around to stop it.

---------

As for Zwet, I continuously couldn't understand his play. Q guessed I was a guard I suppose but Zwet didn't? or he didn't care? Either way, I assumed that as a guard and 'picked as townie' by Trumpet, Oro and Q; I thought I should take 'initiative'/momentum take the lead and Guard and King would follow... except Zwet seemed to be trying to get attention and himself lynched and so I had to keep altering my play due to him so that

1. He would be lynched eventually but only after TonyMontana for sure, and possibly 1 other 'victim' (meaning we would win despite his play... sigh). I went afk at this point so that is as far as I planned. Oro or Veerus were my potential mislynches to go after.

2. If I get lynched, I already created a false impression and linking with a few, so I could hope the remaining guard and King could hide/figure it out.

At any rate, I don't think Zwet realized who ANY of his guards were since he is voting for Q at the end as well. And if he is king and thought I was 'hinting/speaking' to guards, then WHY say anything about it at all and not realize that, if I am hinting, I am talking to HIM. This convinced me that he was trying to get himself lynched which kind of annoyed me enough to consider voting him just to end the game.

I had reasons for other things I did but bleh, most of it I dropped or couldn't pursue since Zwet was, by far, the scummiest thing in the entire game. If it was a normal mafia game, I would have bussed him just to get rid of him, so I guess it was interesting in that Zwet did the "worst" play a king could possibly do.

I'm interesting in hearing what Zwet has to say for himself, even hearing who he thought was his guards would be interesting.

Sidenote: Zach's final plea to Zwet/EMPking made me think Zach was guard (EMP possible?) but Zwet said no, and I thought 3 for 1 trade at that point was sufficient and not worth trying to derail it.
--------------

Notes to mod:

I wouldn't have substituted TonyMontana in for Veerus. In some situations it is ok (like if TM had been nightkilled or didn't have strong easily readable post/opinion).

I would also ask whether you did your first vote count on purpose or not.

Corv
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Corvuus »

ugh crosspost:

Zwet, seriously, you hammered me to make yourself look better???

sigh.

If you thought i was rebel, I could understand your action since it would be a win for you, but if you KNEW I was scum, why would you still do it? I was your best chance to win and Oro's case/lying was easy to pick apart and I could convince Trumpet and pull enough votes together since Oro was easy.

at what point did you know I was guard and then why did you play the way you did? If you had simply 'stopped posting' for a while, I could have prevailed against Oro with Q.

The point isn't for you to remain until the end (indeed, if Q was lynched instead of you, it would be impossible for you to win) so your best course was to stick it out with the guards remaining, not hammer me because of what I had done for you and how you would be "99%" cleared.

sigh. Zwet, when you post "i am surprised i lasted so long", are you saying this because you tried to get yourself lynched?

Corv
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:23 am

Post by sekinj »

@corv - Tony specifically requested to replace back in. I didn't think I'd be able to find another replacement for veerus at that point. but I did seriously consider the implications, expecially because I knew he was on the right track with zwet and probably would get right back on his soapbox when I let him back in... but I think the choices were that or a completely inactive player. *shrug* Point taken, however.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:24 am

Post by sekinj »

@corv - I'm not sure what you mean by was my VC1 on purpose? I tried to do one VC per page, starting with the first.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Interestingly, Zwet opted to attack me too, rather than try to derail the lynch.

After 3 mislynches, there was an argument for not doing the last one.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Yay! Good game! I won!
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

sekinj wrote:@corv - Tony specifically requested to replace back in. I didn't think I'd be able to find another replacement for veerus at that point. but I did seriously consider the implications, expecially because I knew he was on the right track with zwet and probably would get right back on his soapbox when I let him back in... but I think the choices were that or a completely inactive player. *shrug* Point taken, however.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Well seeing as I replaced back in specifically to get zwet killed, there's prolly something to be said for letting me in being a bad call :p
In the end, I don't think it mattered much in this game.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by ortolan »

Corvuus (512) wrote: since his claim that he 'buddied' me to test things out is blatantly false.
No, let me assure you, it was entirely deliberate. As I explained it was because I thought you were the king, not a guard, and if nothing else it would be a good way of getting the person I thought was the king lynched because it looked like I was his guard.

Interestingly I had two guards in my 3-man scum theory but thought one of them was the king, and was wrong about veerus being the guard. Unless TM had made the case against zwet I would have continued attacking Qanqan which still would have been a decent result and placed us with a good chance of winning, but the result of following TM was much better. I'm glad either lynch would have put us further in the right direction though.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Corvuus, I wasn't trying to get myself killed. I thought that you, zach, and qangan were guards for most of the game, and I thought if I hammered a couple I would look townier.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Corvuus, I wasn't trying to get myself killed. I thought that you, zach, and qangan were guards for most of the game, and I thought if I hammered a couple I would look townier.
You would have been better served to try to derail the wagons if you had a guard read on us... cause every guard lynch gives the town an extra lynch.

And the more guards get lynched, the longer the game drags on, and the longer you need to hold on... and look how well that worked. :P
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:58 am

Post by sekinj »

Well, I guess that's a wrap. Please remember to PM me if you have any other criticisms or comments on my modding style.

Thanks again!
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe