populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

Crazy wrote:Meh, I still don't agree with your logic on afatchic, Tajo.

That was fun, though... I always find these micro-games enjoyable... and I think Juls and I put forth a good effort. But good job Tajo/Artem for catching us.
This is what I like about mafia. Its so magical. You cant explain some logic.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by populartajo »

Plum wrote:
Juls, do I have your permission to post your quicktopic? I assume you don't mind because you made a comment to Artem for 'after the game' in there, but it would be nice to get explicit permission from both yourself and Crazy. Was planning to ask y'all previously, but procrastination can do ugly things.

Also, yay, I can change my avatar without worry of disturbing a game I'm modding. I'm glad you two found the modding good. This was my first modding endeavor, and everything seemed to go off fairly smoothly; I'm glad about that. Suggestions for improvement?

Real mod notes/vague, disorganized thoughts on the game coming soon to a theater near you.
waiting for this.
Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Juls »

populartajo wrote:
Plum wrote:
Juls, do I have your permission to post your quicktopic? I assume you don't mind because you made a comment to Artem for 'after the game' in there, but it would be nice to get explicit permission from both yourself and Crazy. Was planning to ask y'all previously, but procrastination can do ugly things.

Also, yay, I can change my avatar without worry of disturbing a game I'm modding. I'm glad you two found the modding good. This was my first modding endeavor, and everything seemed to go off fairly smoothly; I'm glad about that. Suggestions for improvement?

Real mod notes/vague, disorganized thoughts on the game coming soon to a theater near you.
waiting for this.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Juls »

I actually take the blame for the loss. I kinda pushed Crazy to jump on the Empking wagon. I should have let him play at his own pace.
Juls
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Plum »

Mod thoughts, since I'm under such pressure :P.

The Springboard
: afatchic. Scummy? My experience with him was only a mutual Newbie Game in which he did some newbish things and eventually got lynched as town (I was a townie too; we lost to a brilliant busser who hasn't appeared on the site since). Empking came out shooting, as per what I'd expect of him, when he replaced in. The way he weakened the perception of the tie between his predecessor and Tajo may well have lessened the pressure and affected good stuff for the town. Not to mention that first vote on Crazy - good stuff.

The Enemies
: Our Scumteam - from above, some mistakes which didn't do you any favors: Crazy really resisted putting his vote on anyone - unlike most of the rest of the players, his vote wasn't on a player at all for a fair amount of the later game. . Furthermore, though I don't know how great the effect here was, your votes occasionally bunched up. Crazy wasn't a major suspect for much of the game, so it was almost surprising how fast strong opposition came on.
Crazy wrote:Btw, I'm not ready for a lynch yet. I'm having an incredibly difficult time with all this intense buddying coming from, well, all of you (not Empking, but his predecessor afatchic). This doesn't mean I'm completely neutral... but this is a tough decision that needs to be elaborated more

Lack of strong stance here might have been a factor in the loss. As might this:
Juls wrote: If I had to assign percentages to who I think is most to least scummy it would be like this:

85% - afatchic/Empking
51% - tajo
40% - Crazy
1% - Artem
0% - Juls
A meatworld friend and former scummer looked at that and gaped :P. That buddying might have been just a little too blatant. Crazy seemed to be a little shocked/not too pleased himself. Perhaps you could have made more advantageous use of the quicktopic thread?
Crazy wrote:What's the case on me, anyway, especially as for being a GF? Everyone here is suspicious of me and the first thing you think of is GF?!!! Why doesn't "goon" come to your mind first, if I'm scum at all?
This reaction might have been the nail in your coffin, Crazy (and Juls), not to mention the sorta sudden push on Empking by Crazy, especially considering . . .

The Wildcard
: Artem. I could tell that you're a skilled player, but Juls' extremely strong buddying seemed to work on you for much of the game. You suspected Tajo for a while . . . and believed Juls to be almost certain town, if I remember correctly. I was always wondering, sort of hoping you would break free of the buddying. Especially towards the end of the game, as I saw stuff start to go Town's way, I strongly believed that you working past that mentality would be the last straw. I was right, as it turned out. That quote I noted above - that sort of buddying was so strong I waited for you to see through it, which you did at just the opportune moment.

The Savior
: So I exaggerate. A above, the whole town contributed to the win. Tajo, though - I'd have to say you were the linchpin. After you stopped having unannounced V/LA periods - I believe I once said I felt like replacing you for inactivity - whatever the reason for them, once you had the chance to buckle down I could tel you were on track to catch the scum, and, with few detours, you kept right on that track.
populartajo wrote:3) Right now Im leaning Juls scum with Crazy/Artem as scumpair possibility.
From the first extensive post after you spotty absence. But catching Crazy as the Godfather was another huge contribution.
populartajo wrote:Yeah, if Artem is scum he deserves to win.
Just decided something.
Juls, if scum, isnt prob the GF. The same for afatchic.
Since I think both Artem and afatchic are town then Crazy has to be scum in that possible scenario. And he has more probs of being GF than Juls.
Just you all know, my pair is Crazy-Juls, Crazy GF.
Unvote Vote : Crazy.
You both found them
and
managed to convince Artem and pin down Artem as town nicely. Good play all around, but in my mind you're the MVP.

Scum, I think I have some praise reserved for you as well, but I'm pressed for time. Crazy, posting the quicktopic is okay by you [/chronic nervousness]?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Juls wrote: If I had to assign percentages to who I think is most to least scummy it would be like this:

85% - afatchic/Empking
51% - tajo
40% - Crazy
1% - Artem
0% - Juls
A meatworld friend and former scummer looked at that and gaped . That buddying might have been just a little too blatant. Crazy seemed to be a little shocked/not too pleased himself. Perhaps you could have made more advantageous use of the quicktopic thread?
That was just a lazy post. A post for the sake of posting. Spoiler alert:
I get lazy as scum.
Juls
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by afatchic »

Dang, i was right! should have just gotten that pushed prior to having to be replaced. I can usually pick out the scum, i just can't find a way to put a case together. Sorry about my random disappearance. This game was fun, i enjoyed it while i was here. GG Everyone!
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Juls »

afatchic...I know you don't like me but if you could just take some friendly advise. When someone targets you as scum, and you start attacking them personally, it just opens the door for more and more attacks. I just wish you had not been so personal about your attacks and called me a "prick". If I were town, I would have really wanted to lynch you more because it was such an unnecessary comment.
Juls
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by afatchic »

Juls wrote:afatchic...I know you don't like me but if you could just take some friendly advise. When someone targets you as scum, and you start attacking them personally, it just opens the door for more and more attacks. I just wish you had not been so personal about your attacks and called me a "prick". If I were town, I would have really wanted to lynch you more because it was such an unnecessary comment.
I know. i would like to apologize for my comments, they were unnecessary. it just got really annoying that you did the same crap both times back to back. It may just be your scum meta, idk. anyways im sorry about it.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Artem »

Yes, my usual problem is that if I feel that I got a strong town read on somebody, I'm reluctant to let go of it. I didn't know the scum were allowed to day-talk, so when Juls said that Crazy was far-reaching with his arguments, I was sold, because there's no freaking way two scum can stage that with no communication. (And if they could, they deserve the win.)

Towards the end of the game, I began to suspect Juls, but (as with Crazy) didn't say anything, mostly because I wanted to see her opinion of other players. When I saw her willing to lynch Tajo and Empking, but have a defensive semi-townie read on Crazy, it gave me a bad vibe.

Crazy just made the most sense as a lynch, because, like I said earlier, everybody was suspecting him in some shape or form. And it was actually Juls's comment about far-reaching arguments that made me realize that I'm not going crazy. So I never really stopped suspecting Crazy.

Never really got a good townie vibe on Tajo or Empking/afatchic. Tajo was overly defensive. afatchic was... well, scummy.

Good game, all.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Artem »

P.S. I think I'm better at appearing townie than I am at scum-hunting. :P
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Crazy »

I don't mind you posting the QT, Plum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 am

Post by Empking »

Artem wrote:P.S. I think I'm better at appearing townie than I am at scum-hunting. :P
Well, you're the oner who said it :)

GG town, Good Modding Plum.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:
Artem wrote:P.S. I think I'm better at appearing townie than I am at scum-hunting. :P
Well, you're the oner who said it :)

GG town, Good Modding Plum.
Once again, I save your scummy ass. When are you going to improve?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 am

Post by populartajo »

You would be a scary scum.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:

85% - afatchic/Empking
51% - tajo
40% - Crazy
1% - Artem
0% - Juls
A meatworld friend and former scummer looked at that and gaped . That buddying might have been just a little too blatant. Crazy seemed to be a little shocked/not too pleased himself. Perhaps you could have made more advantageous use of the quicktopic thread?
That was just a lazy post. A post for the sake of posting. Spoiler alert:
I get lazy as scum.
I couldnt blame you. I was a pain in the ass.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 am

Post by populartajo »

Plum wrote:You both found them and managed to convince Artem and pin down Artem as town nicely. Good play all around, but in my mind you're the MVP.
Thx, Plum. <3
Call me Tajo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Empking »

If only one town player thought I was scummy then I don't think there was much to save me from.

You on the other hand had both me and Artem thinking you were scummy, so the better question is: When are you going to improve?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:If only one town player thought I was scummy then I don't think there was much to save me from.

You on the other hand had both me and Artem thinking you were scummy, so the better question is: When are you going to improve?
Hahahaha. But you thought I was scummy for the wrong reasons.
You want to make a poll about who needs to improve more?
Call me Tajo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Empking »

populartajo wrote:
Empking wrote:If only one town player thought I was scummy then I don't think there was much to save me from.

Doesn't matter, the entire town thought you were scummy. That seems to suggest that the problem was with you.
No because the facts are better than opinions.

1<2.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:
populartajo wrote:

Doesn't matter, the entire town thought you were scummy. That seems to suggest that the problem was with you.
No because the facts are better than opinions.

1<2.
The entire town thought I was scummy? Why did you think I was scummy? Because I lurked? WTF?
Im really tempted to make a pool to prove you who needs to improve more, based on opinions based on fact analysed by players that have played games with us, but that would be really mean and I really like you, Empking.
Just take my advice and try a different approach. Players like you are the reason why town loses so many games scum shouldnt win.
Call me Tajo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:31 am

Post by Empking »

You don't think Artem thought you were scummy?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:33 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:You don't think Artem thought you were scummy?
Yes but he has admitted that sometimes he is not good at scumhunting. He is a strong town player but he suspected me for the wrong reasons.
Call me Tajo.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Empking »

populartajo wrote:
Yes but he has admitted that sometimes he is not good at scumhunting. He is a strong town player but he suspected me for the wrong reasons.

Code: Select all

Its not my fault everyone thought I was scummy. Its because everyone is terrible at scum hunting
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 am

Post by populartajo »

Empking wrote:
populartajo wrote:

Code: Select all

Its not my fault everyone thought I was scummy. Its because everyone is terrible at scum hunting
Lol, pretty much.
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”