War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Here's an idea i just thought of after the post... since i strongly suspect one of the seraphim is scum, how about both agree to not use their blades? That reduces the effectiveness of one-man wagons.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

The Fonz wrote:Here's an idea i just thought of after the post... since i strongly suspect one of the seraphim is scum, how about both agree to not use their blades? That reduces the effectiveness of one-man wagons.
I support this idea. If the Seraph in question is town, (s)he'll never know if it's the right target, and I don't even need to mention why a scum Seraph using the blade would be bad.

I really really don't like what DGB and Xyl are doing at the moment. Look how they skillfully twist and abuse what I say.

My plan is a decent plan, at least better than what Xyl and DGB have done up til now. Sure it has a high chance of lynching town, but it'll have a high chance of lynching scum. AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF SLOWLY KILLING ALL TOWNIES.

Also, Xyl and DGB are the ones asking everyone for full pbp-analysis. This is a nice way to look townie, while it actually is a scum-action because they gain insight quite a lot. I feel people should only give the top 3, or 5, at least not full disclosure on their thought patterns. At least, not unless everyone does so.

Scumgroup for me now is Xyl, DGB, ABR, and Seraphim (maybe it's a bit OMGUS) but they ring most bells for me.

Hurt: ABR.
I've seen more people having problems with ABR. It's time for action against him. For now it was just talk against him without him actually getting hurt. I want to see his reaction (and others) when he gets damaged.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Full scumlists are good for the town. In an ongoing game (which I'm dead in), DGB and me caught one scum purely through analysis of scumlists.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
I've seen more people having problems with ABR. It's time for action against him. For now it was just talk against him without him actually getting hurt. I want to see his reaction (and others) when he gets damaged.
WHERE IS YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:09 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Xylthixlm wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
If ABR was an indisputed player, I wouldn't have hurt him. I don't know if this wagon on me will continue or not, but before it actually gets really moving, I want to have done something useful. There have been enough people commenting on ABR that I feel my hurt is justified.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

The Fonz wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:My PM to watch was about 8 hours too early, so I have to try again. It's interesting to note that scum realized this in order to quickly dump their rage points before my watch cycle started.
Wait... aren't watch PMs secret between you and the mod? How could scum have realised this if you aren't one?
GENIUS

Good catch... Fonzie cuaght us some scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

The Fonz wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
1st off...

Fonz idea of the buddy plan, one has a case, and the other likes it enough to join in. It will not win the game for town. Its more likely to aide scum imo.

Scum concocts a valid case on a town member playing poorly. Town member jumps on board. Town member recieves hurt.
Town member makes convincing case against another Town member. Opportunistic Scum jumps on board. Another Town member recieves hurt.
Town member makes convincing case against another town member.
Town member jumps on board. Townmember receives hurt.
Your argument appears to be the following. Some town people think some other town people are scum.
At this point, I think its more than likely that more Townmembers will get stung with this system than scum will, given the percieved numbers.
Why? All you've demonstrated is that town can get hurt if people can make a convincing case for them being scum. Town can also get lynched if people make a convincing case for them being scum.
My argument that some town think other town are scum is backed up by the last 4 deaths.

My main point when speaking of the hurts taken by mini wagons is that it leaves town members open to those said Rage points.
Whats happening is that different players are taking hurts here and there, and eventually, scum will win through the use of rage points.

In fairness, Ive dropped my inital thinking on changing the plan quickly.
3 should be the minimum amount of players required to hurt from here on imo.

Which brings me to my next point nicely...

Cybele made little posts, and I cannot add anything from what he wrote.
The following are thoughts/suspicions/quotes of WLC.

Confident Talk...
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Also, we shouldn't treat it as a regular game because scum can talk all the time here and adjust and discuss their behavior to what happens in game."
On the Hoopla wagon
, and tries to talk down any turn around in Hoopla fortunes, that he may survive the wagon.
On the Walt wagon
, and again talks down to anyone not willing to jump on said wagon.
Pops the head in when some juicy action is taking place, lurker scummish imo.
Although both dead showed scummy behaviour, WLC's insistence on lynching both of them sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is bad acting imo...
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I get the feeling with our first kill getting a scum quite easily, and now killing townies one by one, we were tricked to 'feel safe' day one, and that it was just a masterplan by scum. In that case, I guess scum were onto Shinnen, but kept in the background during the next lynches.
There are alot of inaccuracies in this post, as outlined in one of my earlier ones.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Guys, have you looked at our track record lately? 5 kills, of which only 1 is scum. I think with my plan there's a high probability to hit scum. Offering 1 possible townie to catch 1 scum is okay in my opinion.

What I really fear that if we keep killing people by concensus one by one, it will be scum really controlling the kills. I know it'd hurt to lose another townie, but the way we're going now isn't getting us anywhere.

@Firestarter: please don't bring the voting system back, it was hard enough to let tajo drop it. It turned out it wouldn't work here, although it's a good idea. It doesn't have enough supporters, let it rest.

@ DGB, at the moment my top 5 scum would rate:
1) ABR
2) rofl
3) tajo
4) Fonz
5) Firestarter
I see at least 2 players are already in favour of hurting WLC.

Hurt: WeyounsLastClone

"Con una lamierina scottante, muore l'angelo caduto."
('') (':') ('')
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Seraphim »

Once we kill WLC, we'll start on Zwet. That slip is pretty damning.

And if Rofl or ANYONE ELSE kills without support, I say we kill them ASAP. I am alright getting killed by a town organized towards my death with discussion and a case but I refuse to die by one crazy person's actions.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:32 am

Seraphim wrote:I am alright getting killed by a town organized towards my death with discussion and a case [...]
So you don't think your wagon is scum-driven? It's a town-driven wagon?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:40 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:My PM to watch was about 8 hours too early, so I have to try again. It's interesting to note that scum realized this in order to quickly dump their rage points before my watch cycle started.
Wait... aren't watch PMs secret between you and the mod? How could scum have realised this if you aren't one?
GENIUS

What slip did I make? I think I made it pretty obvious to everyone that I was going to start watching after Juls died. All scum had to do is check to see that they still had a few risk-free hours after my hurt action to dump their rage. I'm sort of confused as to what I said that was "damning"
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

SECOND DAMAGE TALLY OF THE SEVENTEENTH ÆON
Nuwen, populartajo, q21, Seraphim, and The Fonz are all at 1 HP above their normal maximum.

Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball, Giuseppe, and roflcopter are all at normal HP.
vIQleS has 1 damage.
Tenchi has 2 damage.
WeyounsLastClone has 3 damage.
Firestarter, Xylthixlm and zwetschenwasser all have 4 damage each.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:56 am

Apparently I'm almost dead. Fascinating.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:01 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:What slip did I make? I think I made it pretty obvious to everyone that I was going to start watching after Juls died. All scum had to do is check to see that they still had a few risk-free hours after my hurt action to dump their rage. I'm sort of confused as to what I said that was "damning"
I didn't realize that. Never mind.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:02 am

Seraphim, how about you?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 am

Hey zwet, you never said who you watched. Don't say it unless your watch period is over.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:05 am

I started yesterday a few hours after the rage dump.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:I started yesterday a few hours after the rage dump.
Gah! I hope you're lying, ;-)

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 am

I'm not. THAT'S WHY I MADE MY COMMENT THAT FONZ MISREPPED.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm not. THAT'S WHY I MADE MY COMMENT THAT FONZ MISREPPED.
I believe that The Fonz got it wrong now that you've cleared it up, but for heaven's sake (this is the perfect game to use that expression) do NOT advertise the timing of your watches, unless you're scum and you're looking for excuses as to why you never catch anyone.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 am

Post by q21 »

Xylthixlm wrote:Also I'm going to be kind of pissed if you guys let roflcopter bring me down to rage range singlehandedly. He claimed support from ABR and Juls, but Juls is dead and ABR appears to have switched to WLC.
ABR switches alot. He sets up
Intents to hurt[/b] and doesn't follow through. He backs truck loads of hurts on people. Basically, what he says and what he does are to different things. What he's doing is trying to spread the town's focus as far as possible. I've had enough of his play.

Call intent to hurt ABR

DrippingGoofball wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
GENIUS

Wait, so Fonz points out one thing about zwet, something that can genuinely be explained in a non-scummy way and you're ready to view zwet as scum.
I point what he's done in thread that is scummy and you ignore it and call him town.
How does that work?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
If ABR was an indisputed player, I wouldn't have hurt him. I don't know if this wagon on me will continue or not, but before it actually gets really moving, I want to have done something useful. There have been enough people commenting on ABR that I feel my hurt is justified.
What the fuck Weyouns. What the fuck. How can I ever trust you again.

You attack a player thats +1 health out of the blue like that. Wow. You're scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 am

I think the Fonz thing was just a misrep.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:19 am

Weyouns do you understand the concept of focusing our attacks? Which means that we are focusing our attacks on YOU, and a few other key players like ZWET. Which means you shouldn't hurt me if you're town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:21 am

q21 wrote:Wait, so Fonz points out one thing about zwet, something that can genuinely be explained in a non-scummy way and you're ready to view zwet as scum.
I point what he's done in thread that is scummy and you ignore it and call him town.
How does that work?
I've been calling zwet town all game, but if The Fonz had been correct with his premise (he was NOT), then I could see how it would indicate that the scum had inside knowledge. Had The Fonz been right, then I would have changed my stance on zwet. Your case wasn't convincing, there were more convincing cases at the time.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:21 am

That's fucking bullshit q21. By attacking me YOU are spreading the hurts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”